Which alt are you maining?

Which alt are you maining?

Attached: 1560360670613.jpg (3392x2050, 1009K)

dante

default luminary.

default luminary or default erdrick

purple erdrick

based
also red joker

>Future Trunks
>Goten with sword
>Trunks
>young adult Gohan

How the fuck is this good design and good pick?

Terry, duh.

Terry alt

Fish-ears is the only one I don't recognize, so probably him.

Usually I use this one.

Attached: kroolyellow.png (550x530, 116K)

Either default Erdrick, default Eight, or Abel/Madason Erdrick

Guy from DQIV. Oddly enough, it was the second DQ game I heard about after playing and beating IX, but I get why he would be literally who

Chadason Erdrick probably.

>but I get why he would be literally who
That' more among the Western fanbase, DQ IV is popular as fuck in Japan.

It's also really really good.

daily dose

Terry alt, the Chad's choice

Oh yeah, definitely, I love DQ IV. The only ones I never really got into were II and VI.

default Loto. DQIII is my favorite DQ game so I was happy to see him in after initially thinking thinking it was going to be just the Luminary. Still sad we didn't get Sofia, I really like her design.

Attached: 67196755_p0.png (500x500, 489K)

Oh no, I already knew that. But obviously most here rn are westernfucks, so...

Loto's design is imo the best one, followed by Eight's.
>Still sad we didn't get Sofia, I really like her design.
We all cried silent tears when she was deconfirmed, my dude

Green penishead

goku

>Terry alt

Sold.

The DQ5 one.

Why is 4 dressed as a female priest?

DQ1 Hero.

?

Attached: DescendofErdrickinSmash.png (448x401, 459K)

Attached: 1561007275225.jpg (723x1000, 84K)

I played 5 because of the direct and really, really enjoyed the story (made me fly through it) but the gameplay was only alright.
Which one do I play next with that in mind?

The chad Solo skin of course

Base VIII.

8 because we didn't get 5.

Default Eight, aka, the fourth alt.

>no female DQ3 or DQ4
I see what they did with the alt colors, but still

Look at the boots.

Damn his brain must be huge

God, those recolors are hideous

I hate the orange gloves so fucking much. Why was that changed?

Erdrick and his alt

I've only played Dragon Warrior Monsters so Terry.

They look pretty good to me

?

Attached: dq1boxart.jpg (550x386, 59K)

I know actually nothing about DQ, but I've deduced the one with the hamster is called Eight (is he Terry?) so he'll be the one I choose.
Should I play DQ8? It seems popular among western fans.

Attached: D836bl8XsAA3jFc.jpg (2073x1329, 129K)

Terry is his blue recolor

Is the red one supposed to be Angelo? The 10 hero don't have white hair

Maybe try IV, which is plot focuses but it tells a lot of small stories that all cross over into one main story.

Attached: 13124985_p0.jpg (1200x1200, 934K)

This is Terry. He's a character from DQVI and the protagonist of the spinoff Dragon Quest Monsters. Eights recolour is based on him.

Attached: Terry1.jpg (167x301, 10K)

It's an absolute travesty they put in the dq4 guy over the girl.

Attached: qgir.jpg (171x295, 11K)

Terry is a character from Dragon Quest VI, he is what the blue alt color is referencing. The main protagonist on Dragon Quest VIII has no canon name or title, so fans typically just refer to him as Eight for convenience.

Attached: 209835_p0.jpg (800x606, 127K)

Sounds like it could be comfy, thanks for the suggestion

I really don't get why they didn't put her in over Solo. She's the most iconic female protagonist in the series and popular among fans. She has a fun design with the huge hair and leotard, and more girls in smash is always a good thing.

Attached: 66255631_p0.jpg (1260x1575, 1.53M)

She is still ours, user, and not every waifu fags

im not familiar with the dairy queen series but the last 2 fucks look like pirates so if i play them i'd probably pick them
edrick too just for the shitposting aspect until banjo arrives

Oh, and I forgot to answer your question. Yes play 8. It's very good and the 3DS version is the best version. Really, if you're getting into DQ, start with any game that has a Smash character on it. It just so happens that 3,4,8, and 11 are all good starting points. 8 would be good to start with though.

>Gohan, Trunks, Serge and mermaid man
I’ll stick with banjo

IV or V. I'll see how I feel about their looks in game. Zenithia the best, even VI.

i wanna say its hitbox bullshit but several other characters have male and female alts
already getting 4 unique characters was enough i guess, i wish they went ham and gave us 8 different models like with bowser jr but i guess samurai didn't want to set the DLC standards too high

Leotards are a sexy lost art

Play it. You might get into the series.

Yellow ROB like always; since, I don't pretend to nihonjin irundesu

Sadly Fem Corrin's and Robin's hair don't add a Pichu sized hitbox above their foreheads

It's more likely that she would'be stuck out like a sore thumb if she replaced solo, the fact that only solo and erdrick of the chosen heroes have female counterparts, and the fact that neither are really iconic. It was just a perfect storm for her not getting in.

Femdrick is basically just the same design as Erdrick, Socia is more iconic since her design is so different from Solo's.

>hitbox
Yeah it’s the hair. I can see it causing so many problems. Fucking sucks bro

She's also on the cover.

Attached: dq4boxart.jpg (1024x1024, 313K)

I know nothing about DQ. Explain these characters and the alternate colors to me, so I can pick?

I definitely know she's more iconic than Solo, but my point was neither are all that compared to everyone else who got in. Erdrick speaks for himself, DQ8 is one of the highest appealing DQ's to the States, and Luminary is the newest hotness on the block. I was surprised he got in at all

Go with the bottom purple one, he's a chad.

Base Erdrick because he looks like a Chad.

She's also a legitimately better character due to the inexplicable advantage of female only equipment. Male Erdrick is absolutely the right choice but there's a strong case for Sofia.

The purple one with long hair is the hero of DQ11. His alt color is based on Angelo, a party member from 8. The spiky haired fellow is the hero of DQ3. His alt is based on the hero of DQ5. The green haired one is the hero of DQ4. His alt is based on the hero of DQ1. The last one is the hero of DQ8. His alt his based on Terry, a character from DQ6 who also is the main character of DQ Monsters.

What Sword is the 8 hero using?
And why is that nigga using like a Scimitar when all the other heroes have Broad swords

Blatantly OP postgame sword, forget the name though

The Dragovian King Sword. It's a powerful sword you can only get in the post game of DQ8.

>powerful sword

>only get in the post game
what posseses a sick man to do this

I found him the most surprising choice as well. Though looking at the other protagonists I can sort of see why he was chosen.
>I: bulky armor maybe look weird, lead to hurt box problems
>II: while popular II is not as beloved
>VI: probably the least popular mainli e DQ game
>VII and IX: not as popular as well as different anatomy making them impossible with their proportions

Still, that leaves the qyestion of why the V protagonist went absent despite being arguably more popular then Solo. My guess is he appeared too similar to Erdrick, though some think the fact he's always depicted with a staff also was why.

Madason seems to be the Trevor Belmont of this situation. Still, Solo is a good choice. He's the rep of the Zenithian trilogy, so it makes sense they'd pick the Zenithian hero.

5 doesn't fit the move set for several different reasons. 4 is just the next most popular hero in the list.
I guess I am surprised he was chosen over 1 just for veterancy though.

probably for post game content that's hard

Isn't 5 not the "hero" class, he's a monster hunter or something right?

>Still, that leaves the qyestion of why the V protagonist went absent despite being arguably more popular then Solo.
Not the actual hero of his game, and his usual weapon is a staff.

he tames monsters, uses a staff to whack people and is more like a cleric

I'll bet he gets a mii costume. They've used staves for swords with the Viridi costume, and one of the specials is a tornado, and the only offensive magic 5 can even learn is the woosh line.

Attached: madason.png (620x414, 530K)

And his son is the hero of the game.

seafoam poseidon

Dragon Quest VIII Hero. Because it's my favorite game of all time and because My GF says I look like him.

Attached: Eight_in_Copics_by_AnnouncerGuy.jpg (600x800, 440K)

im playing 4 RIGHT NOW and the best character is definitely alena, which i guess is probably why shes the one getting a figure and not solo, male or female. im going in order and i would play as erdrick for sure unless down the line the other heroes prove to be good too

i named him loto and received the title of erdrick so now i just call him erdrick

Attached: e5d43c83360e435f8079e591352db179lg.jpg (500x500, 26K)

>buying any of the shitty DLC for this game

Alena would be my dream pick for Smash. It'd be the closest I could ever get to seeing someone like Ayla, Amelia, Tifa or Emily in Smash Bros. A true female brawler.

But I predicted they'd do a hero. I predicted eight different heroes, one for each costume slot. While most others expected only Roto. Sakurai surprised us all by going right down the middle and picking four of them. Clever bastard.

Attached: 1439264079746.jpg (768x1024, 151K)