Protagonist of a murder mystery

>protagonist of a murder mystery
>doesn't solve anything

????????

Attached: 1561344114260.png (919x1208, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zs4wKRHmiR8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5Vt_qct0s
youtube.com/watch?v=nyn0DQ_VWhA
youtube.com/watch?v=ddJHCUmIC8M&t=149s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He makes bitches wet left and right despite being incompetent

>small bombs
>not solve anything
excuse you

Attached: 1434875627535.png (428x600, 273K)

It just took him 5 episodes tho

Witches are not real...

I REFUSE TO EXPLAIN

His small bombs theory was proven right by the end.

What did they do to you Phoenix?

explain this thread i dont understand

Spend 80 hours of your life reading this and you will

Attached: 220px-Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni_cover.jpg (220x311, 23K)

>protagonist of a murder mystery game
>cheats by forging evidence and uses the supernatural

Attached: 1554579838547.jpg (400x240, 20K)

What's the point of No Game No Life? The only time I've heard it talked about was by some relative normies who appreciated it for surface level references. I find it hard to believe it's very compelling.

>No Game No Life
That's not NGNL...

No he doesn't

So we can all agree episodes 3 and 5 were the best right?

>>a+magician+did+it

Every thread until we reach the golden land.

Attached: gohda.jpg (1240x336, 84K)

odd episodes > even episodes
1, 3 and 5 are the best
2 being the worst

youtube.com/watch?v=Zs4wKRHmiR8
This track being being so underused is a crime, I don't remember a single scene where this plays.

2's ending is awesome and it was nice seeing battlers parents fight the purgatory sisters

WITCHES AREN'T REAL

Attached: 1559343194389.jpg (600x395, 40K)

was there ever an actual solution to the small bombs thing or it just didn't happen because everything blows up anyway?

Bad idea to solve murder when you're the killer

FUCK WITCHES

AND FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ASSASSINS

Attached: 1560705594048.webm (912x514, 1.99M)

A fucking Seacats thread in the year of our lord 2019?

Attached: desire4-(n1380860870010).jpg (562x437, 61K)

There are more than twice as many characters by the end of the story than there are at the start. Also it turns from a murder mystery story into trying to rationalize closet homosexuality story disguised as a murder mystery story.

Attached: Battler crying with hand in pocket.png (384x482, 225K)

I mean, it didn't actually happen so you can make your own theory about it.

The manga canon solution is that
Shkanon conspired with Rosa and killed all the adults by poisoning their drinks and later cutting their stomach open. Rosa then simply lied about the door of the chapel being closed

>episode 4
>ange hugging battler scene
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK, I CRIED GODDAMNIT

Attached: useless.jpg (386x519, 49K)

Attached: 1470258421184.png (641x534, 477K)

I read Umineko for the first time last year. That scene fucking killed me. Another one of my favorites was when Battler returns after episode 2 when Beatrice is torturing his family and just slams her face into a coffee table.

Did you play the Steam version? Because it cuts the Star Trek quote.
It plays at the end of Episode 1 and in Episode 2 I think.

Don't want to read that spoiler as I just started episode 5

It's from an episode 2 scene. Not a particularly spoilerific one either. Also get the fuck out of this thread dumbass.

Get out of the thread asap, ep 5 is kino so don't let anyone spoil it for you.

You kidding? It plays when Natsuhi goes crazy with the letter in Episode 1 and tries to gun down the servants and Maria. It's one of the most memorable scenes fron EP1.

I know, I just wanted to get that out of the way

>episode 8
>battler just wants ange to be happy
>everyone showering her with affection
>youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5Vt_qct0s is playing
>cried for the first time in 8 years

fucking LEAVE this thread

Attached: 1541653656656.png (480x596, 118K)

>He fell for it on episode 3

Attached: 1556906789008.png (450x360, 227K)

Why did you even come here in the first place, get the fuck out.

>solves literally everything
>brainlets can't understand this because the plot doesn't "explicitly" point it out despite being about as subtle as a car crashing into your home

kek, never thought about it that way, but you're right

>ywn be a meta being discussing meta bullshit with your big tiddy tranny gf and making games out of it involving red truths and stuff to spice up the discussions

why even live

Attached: 1557152624487.jpg (720x447, 85K)

Golden text was a mistake.

You did play Umineko as if you were a detective and kept notes/wrote out theories, right? I actually did and fucking everything I guessed was wrong. I think I gave up by the end of episode 6 and just got fed the answer by episode 7.

Attached: 1557540505813.png (407x400, 84K)

>can't even prove that Beatrice is a tranny
Way 2 go buttler

I REFUSE TO EXPLAIN

Attached: 1548834677356.png (352x480, 124K)

Well, I mean you can technically already do that, but it would just be you and """her""" dramatically and autistically discussing murder mysteries you wrote, at least until we can get some sort of Matrix-esque vr in like 100 years.

>episode 4
>Uuu- Uuu- gets revealed to be a magic spell to make Rosa less angry and stop beating Maria
>remember every scene where Maria shouted uu-uu- at the top of her lungs even if Rosa ordered her to stop saying it and started physically abusing her

I cried my eyes out.

Attached: Ushiromiya.Maria.full.801432.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

I didn't but I really wish I did.
The only time I took notes was during bern's game in ep 8 and even then I fucked it up for myself by randomly guessing the right answer.

a) thats not NGNL
b) the point of NGNL is taking the "overpowered self-insert fantasy" bullshit of light novels to the most absurd extremes. its kinda fun but gets old kinda fast too.

I did. I had dropped it on episode 2 because I thought it had become a generic shounen battle novel, so a couple friends convinced me to pick it back up and I streamed everything for them. It was one hell of a ride.
I knew Black Battler was a thing from the fighting game so this helped me solve the episode 7 challenge in like 5 minutes, so I did some next level autistic reaching to find another possible culprit. I did, it was great./blog

Attached: 1551695040792.png (305x183, 91K)

I only wrote shit out for Berns game.

I did figure out the culprit before the Answer chapters though, so I was proud of that

Attached: autism.png (3852x2700, 602K)

I actually managed to get that one right. I typed out my logic in like a 10 page word doc over about 6 hours until I finally figured out that three people made a lot more sense than just two and picked the right ones.

Fuck, meant episode 8.

How in the fuck does that stop you? I accidentally guessed the right answer right from the start, but that doesn't even matter. You still need to rationalize every detail of the game until you naturally reach one of two conclusions.

Just because you thought about the right names without context at any point during the game, doesn't mean you figured anything out. Dumbass.

Reminder Rosatrice is still possible with all the red truths and it will be officially confirmed in Episode 9.

Skanontrice was and still is the biggest bait.

Attached: previewa6c53510478f5266669d3e098e2df4d5.jpg (719x884, 140K)

this

Attached: 1555914603666.png (899x480, 396K)

>solves the murder
>and also solves the Human Mind through the power of friendship

Attached: 2r7iu97gq7o11.jpg (1050x1200, 167K)

Did you solve the mystery before Battler did in ep 5? I had right idea about Kanon and Shannon by ep 4.

>still hasn't won a fight
>meanwhile our boy at the top of the chart

Attached: powerlevel.png (1207x676, 471K)

Seeing him there every week still just splits my sides every time. What a smug bastard. Hope we get Black Battler next season.

i just want based black ref back

Attached: rip.png (600x329, 211K)

I was 100% positive Shannon=Kanon, though logically possible, was a red herring because no author would spend four years of his life writing a story with such a stupid solution and also that author pretty promised up down left and right he was following the knox rules "one person can not pretend to be two persons" and "the butler can not be the culprit because his motive is too easy and thus unsatisfying". I was hoping episode 5 would blow my mind and reveal George was behind it all or Rosa was the master stringpuller anything literally anything would have been better than the maid and the butler are the same person. Takano was the villain all along was a satisfying solution to Higurashi. I hope Ryukishi steps on a lego brick.

What are you talking about? There is no reason to be a detective, the mystery is solved in the first episode, Beatrice herself admits to it. The rest of the episodes are just showing Beatrice torturing Battler in ever more amusing ways because he won't admit that magic is real. Umineko is a fantasy game, not a mystery.

They kept bringing up multiple personality stuff since episode 1 and then hammering it down with all the rules saying it wasn't a thing etc. I considered it like a couple but discarded right away because felt stupid for many reasons.
But no, I did not.

>Witch said it was herself, so that's it lol
How does it feel being a goat?

im going to intellectually rape ryukishi in the ass

>denying magic exists after about 20 witches show up casting spells all the time
Who's the real goat here?

Attached: maria.png (1158x1222, 593K)

I dislike maria so much

Attached: 1551697584163.jpg (704x396, 190K)

Reminder that Umineko: Gold Edition is vaporware and the kickstarter for it will never open.
I just want the fucking merch, man. It's not fair

Attached: 2-Battler002.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Threadly reminder that episode 8 is the best episode. It's overloaded with kino.

Dragged out for too long at the end.

You mean Battler?
He literally solved the whole mystery in episode 5

disgusting small hands

Attached: Umineko 3.jpg (1218x698, 173K)

This is why I gave up on umineko. Shkanontrice was and always will be the stupidest shit.

>no matter how many people witnessed Battler, that cannot become proof of his existence
There, I erased Battler from the entire story. Using his own logic, I can pretend that nothing he says matters

I'm still wondering whether I'm going to reread the whole shebang with the VN. I already speedread the manga version where it has a more detailed explanation.

user, Seacats are reviving because There's going to be an EP 9, along with a new WTC and 2hu this coming August

I honestly can't cry at that scene because I watched this stupid video first

youtube.com/watch?v=nyn0DQ_VWhA

I had to drag myself through the Questions arc, talk about completely fucking boring. It took me months to actually get done with it. Does it actually get good in the second half?

Attached: 1528648248122.png (995x1080, 821K)

No. Ghostwriter died so author gave unsatisfying answer to main mystery and shat on everybody critiquing it

No. Chances are, if you find it boring, it will stay so for you.
I dragged myself through to episode 6 and it was a mistake.

Right, and just going by the title of the thread, I feel I've been falsely promised a murder mystery, when a lot of the mysteries are far too nebulous and have little consequences because "muh magic"
Still though, thank you anons. At least I won't waste my time with the rest.

The music is good that’s it.

Ep 5 is kino
Ep 6 is unnecessary
Ep 7 is an infodump
Ep 8 is a over the top silly ending

Dumb loveless goats.

Yeah, I'll agree to that much.

I'm gonna beat the anime out of this girl's mouth.

Attached: Ougon-rosa.png (231x459, 107K)

Is it really worth struggling through 4 episodes to begin with to even get to one good one, though?

Every time I see these threads it warms my heart to see anons who liked it as much as I did.
Almost as much as seeing the ever-present "I was promised a mystery, this is bullshit" posts from room temperature IQs who not only think that it's complete fantasy, but that it even matters to begin with.

By the point where it's "a battle shonen", and even then you're completely ignoring why the meta world exists to begin with, I can't imagine just hating the characters, the music and the story just because it's not "Muh grounded classic mystery" 24/7.

Attached: 1327038901820.jpg (400x406, 59K)

Did they do it?

Attached: 1560694414922.png (1610x1442, 1.12M)

t. Kristoph.
Imagine being so salty about losing a card game that you go on a murder spree with a years long plan.

Of course not. Especially when those 4 episodes mean a minimum of 40 hours. Literal full-time job trying to read this garbage.

The entire point is that they are NOT magic and can be solved. Anons have predicted Shkanon since 2nd Episode, some Japs solved epitaph completely during the 3rd. Hell, during EP7 Willard solves the entire thing (in a convoluted roundabout way, but it basically served as a confirmation for methods behind murders).

>bunch of magic and witches and shit
>shanon and kanon and lennon appear on the screen at the same time
>"it's just a trick guise lmao"

Help

Attached: c1a502d075f151487b1c2f99d3ad6f2c.png (452x116, 69K)

I think this is my problem with it, it's got too many asspulls. Either that, or I'm stupid.

You read one letter at a time or what the fuck

>crazy tranny ruined everything
Damn, ryukishi sure was ahead of his time..

Without love it cannot be seen

I got bored. Really bored.

Did you just skip EP3? It hits you in the head with the fact that what happened on the screen may not have actually what happened. Especially during the battle between Beatrice and Virgilia. They directly tell you that it didn't happen, there were no magic towers and shit.

Yeah, it was a complete load of horseshit, and one of the worst acts

>EP8
>Magic or Trick
>the dialogs leading to the question blatantly suggested trick
>choosing trick leads to Ange going nuclear
Still better ending than Magic.

his name is battler not mysterysolver retard

>"ayy lmao this is actually a trick! a trick of perspective! a fever dream!"
>actually defending "it was all a dream" and similar derivatives
the actual state of umineko readers

>believing what witches say and not what witches do
They're just trying to trick you user, don't fall for it.

>butler was the culprit
Bravo Ryukishi

Best parent

Haha, you’re such a baby and so am I, why Ange why

Pseuds aren't real.

Attached: 1554224976613.png (1000x480, 157K)

>Pick trick
>Really enjoy the ending
>Never look back
I still don't know what the magic ending is and I'm fine with that.

Phoenix, is that you?

>Wah are you telling me to not take magic scenes literally!?
Just because they didn't happen doesn't mean they aren't important, user. A lot of the magic scenes are hints in their own ways lmao
For example
>Evatrice
Is a massive hint for episode 3 and the mystery surrounding that.
It must be hard being a speedreader, spouting the same seething bullshit from years ago. It's a shame too, because Umineko does genuinely have faults, it's just that you niggers keep repeating the same invalid criticisms.

Attached: 1561211737239.jpg (640x480, 20K)

They probably delayed it to include stuff from Saku, chill.

>protagonist of a murder mystery
>gets fed up with the mystery and becomes the culprit

Attached: Dark.Battler.full.1098148.jpg (859x1214, 341K)

Reminder that there's zero evidence that Maria's diary is the actual truth. Not even that, entirety of Maria's diary was told as understood by Ange. This is why she's so retardedly violent when there are no other Ushiromiyas around.

literally just cut out all scenes not witnessed by battler and then compile red truths

You missed out. "Welcome back" scene is fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=ddJHCUmIC8M&t=149s