2006 - 2016

The worst Nintendo era. Can't believe we endured 10 years of absolute dogshit from a tone deaf, greedy company that had to keep failing to fucking learn their lesson.

Switch era is a mixed bag and carries over alot of the bullshit from the past, but i'm just glad that gimmick-riddled era of sterile, casual, soulless Nintendo is over.

Attached: all.original.jpg (2000x1125, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j5CBhPDQDr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Imo it’s still the same era. While Japanese 3rd party support increased, Western 3rd party support is dwindling. Oh yeah and we have to pay for online now, fuck off Nintendo.

People can complain about waggle this and waggle that, but the Wii gave out some pretty fucking stellar 1st and 3rd party games ranging in genres that were fun and unique. Not to mention it's probably one of the best emulation devices for dirt cheap.

I would take 2006-2016 nintendo over switch era nintendo. The sheer fact they're pushing these shitty google playstore games to fill in the very lengthy gaps between their releases is absolutely pathetic. My switch gathers dust only to be pulled out have the eshop looked through and put back in it's case to collect more dust. I've been playing my 3DS more than ever post switch launch and I'm debating getting a new android phone to fill in the portable gaming gap the switch isn't filling and to play the games nintendo refuses to sell

>Had to keep failing
>DS, Wii, and 3DS where all successes

Wut

3DS was based as fuck, Wii was alright

WiiU was amazing though. It only fucked up its marketing

Games are good from first party, but hw is some outdated bullshit. It hurts me that games like xenoblade 2 are stuck on shitch

>DS
>soulless
>calling the second best video game system of all time soulless
????

I'm happy with my Switch

Sure that it's becoming more and more of a huge libraries of port games, but then I never had the chance to have home consoles like PS2. The fact that some games are getting remastered means I got to play it at its most definitive state.

> be nintendo ceo iwata
> GameCube sales sucks
> must do honorable action like ancestors before me and save company
> takes pay cut

> get great idea
> market a game system for everyone to enjoy, not just kids and autistic man children, and include free game
> enter- nintendo wii

> another great idea
> why don't we upgrade the Gameboy with 2 screens but be able to play Gameboy games?
> enter- nintendo ds

You are just butt hurt that nintendo made more money catering to everyone instead of just for kids and man children

>The sheer fact they're pushing these shitty google playstore games to fill in the very lengthy gaps between their releases is absolutely pathetic.
I actually have no idea what you're talking about

The only part of the Wii/DS era that I'd call tone deaf was the Wii U. Wii, DS, and 3DS all made Nintendo a killing. The DS library is incredible and the Wii had some of their best first party titles.

>Japanese 3rd party support increased, Western 3rd party support is dwindling.

Perfect!

>overpricing 3DS at launch with awful mobile store-tier launch games expecting it to sell, then have to do a massive price cut and quickly pump out a Mario game to save the system which is what they should have done in the first place
>ruin actually decent games with forced gimmicks, like Skyward Sword with its motion controls
>keep ignoring fan demands in favor of casual/safe shit only to have it flop because neither casuals or fans want the game, like Metroid Prime Federation Force or Sticker Star or Color Splash
>making underpowered shit and losing 3rd party support and wondering why no one takes them seriously aside from children and nostalgic millenials

The eshop is filled with phone games at a stupidly high price considering they're less than 10$ on steam or free on a phone.

Agreed, Metroid went to shit in that era.

youtube.com/watch?v=j5CBhPDQDr4

Attached: UntetheredAutism.gif (480x270, 528K)

A lot of franchises struggles.

Star Fox, Paper Mario, aguably Zelda.

It's the same shit now, though. I'd argue the Switch right now is worse than the Wii U was in 2014.

So like the Gamecube, basically.

Okay, and what does that have to do with Nintendo? There's shovelware on every platform.

The difference is the Switch library is 80% shovelware

Of all the things that ruin Skyward Sword, motion controls are ironically the least offensive.

Not just Metroid.

>Star Fox
>Paper Mario
>Luigi's Mansion
>Advanced Wars
>Fire Emblem
>Kirby
>F Zero
>Mario Party
>Chibi Robo
>Smash
>Yoshi
>Pilot Wings
>Pokemon
>Mario Kart

Whether abandoned, relegated to shit spin offs or just plain trash, they truly gave did not care that era.

No virtual console and in it's place pushing shitty indie shovelware. It could have easily plugged the gaps in between their very lengthy releases

How much money did the Wii really bring in? Despite the crazy amount of systems sold, was the attachment rate not significantly lower than Microsoft and Sony?

the dogshit is worse than ever. the switch is utter trash. nintendo would rather shit out full-price ports, rehashes, cardboard, and fucking smartphone "games" than support their only console with real new games.

Nintendo made a profit with every Wii sold, unlike Microsoft and Sony who lost money selling their consoles at a loss

Fuck you the DS is good, actually,

wii had an insanely high attach rate.

>I'd argue the Switch right now is worse than the Wii U was in 2014.
List of games worth playing on the Wii U in 2014:
>Super Mario 3D World
>The Wind Waker HD
>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
>Mario Kart 8
>Bayonetta 1+2
>Hyrule Warriors
DKTF, MK8, Bayonetta 1+2, and Hyrule Warriors are all on the Switch, MK8 and Warriors with new content. Plus all the new shit. The Switch has had one of the strongest two-year lineups of any Nintendo console.

Do you feel like actually listing some of this "shitty indie shovelware" Nintendo is directly "pushing", or would you rather keep talking out of your ass?

>what are nindies

Couldn't agree more with you guys, Jesus fucking Christ, I'm glad Nintendo is back, I literally had to skip out on buying anything from them for years until they finally went back to their roots in 2017.

You people are delusional.

It had W101 and Smash in 2014 as well. It even got BOTW. The Switch has very few games over the Wii U.

Because the Wii was a glorified Gamecube when it launched and Nintendo lowered the bar for innovation.

>all indies are bad
Only on Yea Forums.

>pls keep charging me 4x the price for shitty android games and full premium prices for wiiU games

>While Japanese 3rd party support increased, Western 3rd party support is dwindling
There nothing bad with this

I didn't buy a 400$ console to play mobile phone games

>new games? pfft, who needs those? i love paying $60 all over again for the same games i bought on wii u! nintendo is back!

Attached: 455.png (324x362, 58K)

>The sheer fact they're pushing these shitty google playstore games
90% of the DS/Wii/3DS library

Sales does not mean good

the wii I will give you but the DS and 3DS have lots of quality 1st and 3rd party titles, unlike the switch

i thought wii u had no games?

Smash 4 is noticeably the worst entry in the series, so that's not saying much. W101 is great and I hope it ends up on Switch. It did get BotW, but that was in 2017, same time the Switch did. It will not get BotW 2.

First-party games the Switch has over Wii U:
>Super Mario Odyssey
>Xenoblade 2 + Torna
>Splatoon 2 + Octo Expansion
>Smash Bros. Ultimate
Those four are worth it alone imo.
I'm not going to bother listing the third-party games not on Wii U, because there are too many.

Wii had a 9:1 attach rate

Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, SMT, Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Xenoblade, etc. are Play store games? Lmao.

>all indies are mobile phone games
Only on Yea Forums.

meanwhile, in this supposed new era:
>pokemon is worse than ever
>fire emblem is worse than ever
>paper mario is still trash
>f-zero is still dead
>metroid is in development hell
>star fox is dead again
>advance wars is still dead
>pilotwings is still dead
>starfy is still dead
>sin & punishment is still dead
>custom robo is still dead
>excitebike is still dead
>wave race is still dead
>1080 snowboarding is still dead
idk, i'm still seeing a lot of neglected and mistreated franchises while nintendo does less than the bare minimum to support the switch.

>I'm not going to bother listing the third-party games not on Wii U, because there are too many.

You might as well say the difference is having third party games, or virtually non at all, like WiiU did, after 1 year.

>all indies are mobile phone games
all the ones that end up on switch are. You won't see actual quality ones like subnautica ending up on switch. The only decent one that is coming is terarria which is literally a mobile phone game

Brawl is the worst, and every Smash is virtually the same shit, but anyways, the fact that the only games you can list over it are another Mario, a glorified Smash for Wii U expansion, Splatoon 1.5 and Xenoblade 2 are pretty sad. But hey, it's your money.

>Super Mario Odyssey
worse than 3d world.
>Xenoblade 2 + Torna
xenocringe is pure garbage.
>Splatoon 2 + Octo Expansion
worse than the original due to the atrocious input lag.

All of them, aside SMT, are on the Switch lmao.

>metroid is in development hell
Metroid 5 is coming next year, Prime 4 is just in development hell.

It's slightly better, but they're still sleeping on a mountain of their own properties. We always get the main stays like Animal Crossing, Smash, Mario Kart and Zelda, and we even had to beg them for a new Metroid, but when they actually make an effort on their own volition to bring back shit like F Zero or Eternal Darkness, then maybe I can consider them to be "back".

Hell, the only new in-house developed IPs 2+ years into the Switch life cycle are Arms and Sushido Strikers. Dragalia Lost technically but it's a mobile shit.

>Mario + Rabbids
>Octopath Traveler
>Tetris 99
>Astral Chain
>Cadence of Hyrule
>SMT V and Bayo 3, someday
And there are a ton of multiplatform releases the Wii U never would have had. What did the Wii U have, again? Shovel Knight? Assassin's Creed 3?

>d-doesn't count!

Attached: ao2wD6n_700b.jpg (700x483, 39K)

>What did the Wii U have, again?
ninja gaiden and yakuza.

Everything from the DS to the Wii U made me hate being a Nintendo fan. Star Fox, Zelda and Metroid all went to shit during those years. F-Zero is dead. Nintendo went from technological leader and innovator to a gimmick factory.

Thank god for the Switch. It's the first Nintendo system since the Gamecube that I've owned and it's my favorite system of the last 10 years. I will not soon forget just how bad things were during the Wii era though.

Attached: nintendo wojak hug.jpg (600x553, 94K)

I think you're seeing less games because the games we're getting are bigger, and it's costlier and more time-intensive to make HD console-scale and console-quality titles compared to many of these series that haven't been touched since pre-HD days. I thought this board preferred quality over quantity?

Whoa whoa whoa. DS Pokemon was the peak of the series.

>he does it for free

well, that is something.

Plus, that's when it became all gimmicks and stuff.
I like ds and wii, but god they have so much shovelware especially wii, i can barely find any good games on wii that are not gordon ramsey's horoscope.
3ds has good games but it's more niche cause it doesn't have much racing, shooter, strategy games, etc (except for 1 nintendo game for each genre). I kinda prefer 3ds to ds though because i hate the stylus gimmick, i love jrpgs on ds though and games where you mostly use d pad and buttons.
I like wii u though there is no reason to own own, really. I just bought it cause i sold my wii and wanted to play some wii games and emulators.

Yes, but 3DS Pokemons were the worst offerings. That means it went shit.

>hollow knight is a mobile phone game
>dead cells is a mobile phone game
>shovel knight is a mobile phone game
>azure striker is a mobile phone game
>golf story is a mobile phone game
tell me what phone you have that sounds way the fuck better than what I have

What are the good games on wii? My gf has a wii u and i wanna play some wii games and wii seems kinda lacking compared to ds in games department.
And any worthwile wii u games that were not ported to switch? (i have a switch)

dead cells is on mobile, but all of those games aren't anything special and aren't worth more than 10$

The entire console market was pretty much shit from 2006-2016. The Xbox 360 generation held us back. The PS4 didn't start cranking out serious games until 2016.

I look at games just from 2012, and they all look like garbage, even on the PC. The damn generation was a real shitter. Sure, we got to play wii sports with mom for a few times, but I'm glad we're over it.

Attached: leanonme.png (1489x841, 1.66M)

This is true,
I just so happened to have skipped last gen and took a break from vidya for a couple of years.

For someone like me, the same indie trash is new to me. I understand why some people feel that way though. Had I bought a WiiU at all, I'd be fucking pissed right now

contra rebirth
castlevania rebirth
a boy and his blob
arc rise fantasia (enjoy the silly dub)
pandora's tower
epic mickey
the last story
klonoa
conduit
cursed mountain
batman brave and the bold
zack and wiki
spyborgs
silent hill shattered memories
fragile dreams
etc;

I see what you mean, I have a PC and all of these games were on PC years before they were on switch and I find the switch ports control much worse than the PC versions

>360 generation held us back

You mean the best generation since the 16-bit wars

> I've never played handheld games and think they are beneath me: THE POST

shut up op

O T H E R
G
A
M
E

32 bit gen was much better than the 16 bit

It held us back after 2011. Sony even said repeatedly they had a 10 year lifecycle for their consoles.

But they didn't have any soul like the gameboy and GameCube did. The switch is the first handheld/console to have soul in a long time.

Wow those games look kinda bad tbqh, or others i've already played. Rebirth games, zack and wiki, rpgs look interesting though.

okay...
xenoblade
dragon quest swords
muramasa
madworld
punch out
sin & punishment
sonic colors
tatsunoko vs capcom
wario land shake it
house of the dead 2/3/overkill

not everyone is going to like every game, but if you cannot find more than a handful something is clearly up.

I like handhelds, and I also like Nintendo handheld games, but only when the games don't utilize any touchpad or other gimmicks.

That's why I hate shit like Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hour Glass, even if they are well made in their own right. I just want regular controls dammit.

OP is definitely missing out, when all those systems had some great diamonds within them. If people bothered to look outside of the usual 1st Party offerings (and even a lot of those were solid), they find a lot of great games they probably enjoy if they gave them a shot.

Attached: Best DS Games.jpg (1895x997, 737K)

>bought
>wii u
Pick one.

Debatable. Pokemon SWSH is worse than Colosseum in terms of scale or quality.
Cost of development why in the NGC era Nintendo would get other studios to make new entries in their first party franchises for them.
This resulted in a wide variety of unique titles (F Zero GX, TTYD, Starfox Adventures, Metroid Prime, Pokemon Colosseum) while Nintendo themselves could focus on Zeldy and Mario.
Nowadays they no longer do that, and if they do Miyamoto gets his grubby paws all over everything ensuring no studio has any creative freedom. It has been this way since 2010.

But i found a lot on ds, 3ds, gamecube, etc. Wii just has those games like cursed mountain, conduit, spyborgs, are those really MUST play?
Those i know tho, really wanna play sin and punishment and madworld. Xenoblade, sonic, muramasa already played on other consoles. House of the dead overkill is literally phone tier.

imagine buying a japanese commuter pocket toy and pretending its a legit home video game console

I don't know what -must play- really means. They are decent games in their respective genres. It's all debatable honestly.

Why did Miyamoto become such a hack? He forced gimmick controls into Skyward Sword when Aonuma's instinct was to stay with a traditional setup. And now we know that Aonuma knew better all along.

90% not 100%

I don't know, mario galaxy or xenoblade seem like must play games, some look very mediocre or skippable

I guess so. I was trying to steer away from first party titles and give some third party titles some light. Otherwise mixing both I think the Wii is a beast of a system.

I have literally been out of handhelds since the GBA (also the last nintendo system I owned). Is the 3ds the best handheld emulator system these days? Maybe an earlier DS? I know I could just google but opinions are more interesting.

Attached: 6a00d83452033569e201b8d1e6e441970c.gif (480x360, 395K)

>all that OP
yep.

Attached: pepe-678.jpg (225x225, 8K)

If you want something solely for emulation get a new Samsung phone and a good Bluetooth controller. Seriously they can even run gamecube games at a good frame rate

>no one takes them seriously

Sony and Microsoft did. Oh dear.

Attached: sony-playstation-move-microsoft-xbox-kinect.jpg (450x342, 20K)

I was also interested in the DS library but you bring up an interesting point.

Its honestly embarrassing how much every copies Nintendo.

the fuck you talking about? Nintendo has and still does do the exact same shit they did during the Wii and Wii U era.

You can emulate DS games easily on it as well

>soul

Is that the best that you can come up with? Some shitty buzzword that only people on Yea Forums care about?

>implying the game cube wasn't based

Shit, you know what Nintendo should copy? How to get GOOD GAMES.

Attached: 1453313083824.jpg (360x343, 48K)

who dis lil spic?

Damn, the GC library looked like that!?!?!

Attached: GC_Library.jpg (1472x1389, 1.26M)

>TWEWY and Ghost Trick

Attached: 69B61177-04F1-4D2F-B34F-E77009C8FCF4.jpg (1200x879, 140K)

I like their portable systems but consoles after snes not so much

Attached: idort.png (119x125, 7K)

You sound like a faggot.

>muh soul

He didn’t even say anything about sales, dumbass.

Attached: FB_IMG_1495248837464.jpg (720x527, 34K)

>implying those aren’t fun
>actually caring about what other people think
I pity you, user.

Not buying a switch because I bougjt into the wiiu meme. A wii library plus a whole new one sounded great at the time since I didnt get a wii either. How wrong I was. Seeing that the switch is largely ports or games I dont want I'm not missing anything

>wanting normal controls makes you faggot
>wanting to play games with gimmicks, blowing into the microphone, making swirls on a touchpad, or shaking a controller like a spastic retard doesn't make you a faggot

Sorry i made an error in my last post. but you're still a faggot sorry

Attached: 1549631270740.png (1346x1969, 143K)

Maybe don’t play the shovelware shit and actually play some of the good games, then?

>I just want regular controls dammit
And you got them. You're just a faggot who possibly has parkinsons.

He thinks anything that uses a touch screen or motion controls is bad even if it improves the game.

Well that’s just dumb.

It's just the Wii U, everything else is a fucking gold mine.

>"You see, I was driving around in my car one day, and suddenly my iPhone buzzes to tell me I have a text message. It was in my pocket so I took it out, not wanting to be rude to the person sending the message. As I was reading the message and typing out my response, I found that doing it while driving was tremendously challenging, much the way a video game offers challenge, but in a new and novel way, with me having to strategically manage which operation to focus my eyesight on. That was the kind of game I wanted to make next, and so I had our engineers start work on the prototype for the Wii U immediately."

Attached: shigeru miyamoto.jpg (770x433, 36K)

Most recent gimmick Nintendo game I played was Kid Icarus Uprising. Entire time I'm thinking why they FORCED these shit controls that don't add anything to the experience, and instead didn't just stick to a traditional control scheme or offer choice? The let you turn the 3D gimmick on and off, but they force the touchpad. And the game itself is mediocre and highly overrated, but I might've enjoyed it more if it played like a normal rail shooter.

Name one instance where that is the case. How is flicking the Joy Cons up to activate a motion exclusive Mario move better than just using a simple, dedicated button? I know you're going to say Metroid Prime games, but those had wierd controls anyway, and if they just used modern shooter controls, no one would complain or prefer motion.

At least fucking offer optional control schemes. Some people like it, and most people don't. Stop forcing it.

Then don’t play those games if they use methods you don’t like, jackass. There’s plenty of other games that don’t use the touchscreen that much.
Also
>Kid Icarus
>mediocre
Assblasted brainlet.

Attached: TWEWY.jpg (1396x1396, 617K)

>Name one instance where that is the case
Resi 4
Pokemon, hell pretty much any rpg that made use of the touch screen.

>than just using a simple, dedicated button?
Then just use the button?
The additional stuff in Odyssey is never necessary.

>Japanese 3rd party support increased
That didn't happen at all, DS and 3DS had way more support than the Switch.

I traded in my switch last year during a promotion for the Xbox one x and red dead 2. Got them both for $180 or so after trading in the switch. Sounds crazy but I think there was a second promotion in there like you got an extra $50 off the X if you bought red dead 2 with it. I was thunderstruck. Fuck Nintendo and their childish, shallow garbage

Okay dumbass

Yikes!

Attached: 1555967554017.png (1485x900, 320K)

DS era was the best purely because how easy it was to pirate and get your homies on too

Delete this!

>assuming I was exalting red dead and knocking Zelda
Since you bring it up, you're man child virgin for thinking Zelda was amazing just for having all sorts of little gimmicks and a world more intriguing than the Witcher 3. As far as red dead goes, I never even played it. Looked like a big, overhyped AAA time killer that wouldn't amaze me. The Xbox was my nephew's the moment I walked out of GameStop. I only ever had the switch because I let idealism and faith blind me into buying into Nintendo thinking they'd redeem themselves after so many years of mediocrity, and the fear that I'd really be missing out on good things they'd have on this platform. I was sadly mistaken. I have a nice itx PC build on my desk at home and there's plenty I have to play there

>dog shit
>has the best games of that era for the handhelds
>defeated VITA in terms of fanbase and support
>even Snoy surrendered at the time and shelved their legacy console
>all those problems ironed out over the years anyway

>you're man child virgin for thinking Zelda was amazing
You know he's shitposting, right?

Rather get exclusives like Astral Chain and Deus X Machina than another Halo entry

a lot of the games he listed are better than mario galaxy. I think galaxy 1 is the blandest home console 3d mario game they've ever made.

>idealism and faith blind me into buying into Nintendo
Sure you did and I'm Sony Steve. No one simply buys a console on blind faith, especially someone who is this skeptical of Nintendo.

If you're going to make an insult, throw it at Sony's gay ass shit. Not him but I'm getting the Xbox Infinite for Halo, call me when the Switch gets a 2D Metroid game, not a Prime game.

It wasn't. I only come to Yea Forums once every few months, and every time I see someone say Botw wasn't great and replies saying it must be a troll. I'm dead serious, man. That game is just a bunch of gimmicks and awkward design/story choices, a shallow, repetitive world, entirely based on open world trends. It was crap. Not saying it wasn't well-made crap, but it was definitely crap

have you ever played a nintendo game? shits all casual

Warioware SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS

I bought a PS4 when bloodborne came out thinking I'd redeem myself for my faggot aversion to the difficult experiences I had with dark souls. I didn't play the PS4 again until god of war, which was good, but I quit because I couldn't stand those fuckers that flew around and I couldn't stomach the 30 frames per second anymore. Other than those 2 periods, my nephews have had the PlayStation at their house

And btw I bought the Wii u and 3ds in faith as well, and while I can say the 3ds was probably decent (it never really clicked for me) the Wii u was devastating. I'm 30 years old and maybe I'm just disenchanted because none of it grips me the way the 64 did back when I was a kid

you are a retard

The Wii was good. Had a vast library of good exclusives, had backwards compatibility with Gamecube, was hackable so you could pirate everything. Some of the best games for it had Gamecube controller support so if you didn't want to waggle, you didn't have to. And the good games that actually had forced waggle actually used it well, like Red Steel 2, MadWorld, and NMH 1&2. The DS was also great. Had backwards compatibility with GBA, had a great exclusive library of it's own, had flashcarts so you could just pirate everything. Second screen came in handy for displaying menus, maps, and inventory. Or even having tate gameplay like Contra 4.
3DS, I don't really like as much. I mean, the ease of piracy was cool or whatever, but it's library isn't really that impressive. Mostly just ports from previous gens, honestly (OoT, MM, Star Fox 64, Tales of the Abyss, Soul Hackers, Mario & Luigi 1&3, Devil Survivor 1&2, Luigi's Mansion, Radiant Historia, DKCR, Xenoblade, DQ7&8, MonHun 3, MGS3, SSF4, etc. The original DS had it's fair share of ports, too, but the 3DS seems like it's more ports than original titles. The Wii U was pretty damn good. Easy piracy, tons of exclusives (at the time. They've since been ported to Switch), Pro Controller had god-tier battery life (still unmatched), you can add in Gamecube backwards compatibility by hacking, etc. Hell, even some of it's exclusives aren't yet on the Switch like W101, Pikmin 3, and Xenoblade X. I never got the hate for the Wii U.

>fire emblem is worse than ever
Ah, bait then. Stopped reading there.

>I never got the hate for the Wii U.
Three major things

1. Nintendo failing to make games that capitalize fully on the dual screens despite there being a plethora of ideas or old DS series to expand on
2. Nintendo's localization was at its absolute worst during the Wii U era, with no region free either
3. With hardly any third party support, there were no other releases but Nintendo ones, and nothing to distract from the above two failings

After Fates and Echoes, I dont blame him

>1
Agreed. Seemed like the Gamepad screen was just a gimmick instead of an actual new technology that they wanted to explore.
>2
Again agreed. Their localization practices and censorship was about on par with how Sony is currently. Ruining games for the sake of appeasing SJWs.
>3
I never really cared about third-party support, unless it's exclusive. Why would I get a multiplat on Nintendo hardware, the weakest hardware on the market? Just buy multiplats on PC.

Awakening ruined the franchise. Pre-Awakening Fire Emblem was fantastic.

me too OP. I had a DS but mainly used it to play GBA games. I've heard the 3DS has somewhat better games but I refuse to pay so much for such shitty graphics tbph. I don't like the switch very much but it's a good sign when new big budget games are being made for all 3 consoles and PC again for the first time since the gamecube. and it's nice being able to play on the go