Is this worth 12 dollars?

Looks kinda like a mix between a Tales game and Eternal Sonata.

Anyone play this game? Is it good?

Attached: nieuwe-shining-resonance-refrain-trailer.jpg (1200x680, 304K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hr_h0sqkUR8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No not really.

>played for an hour
>MC is the typical whiny, angsty coward nips fucking love for some god forsaken reason.
>dropped it.

Long answer: Aside from having a huge map and no fast travel, the entire story is dragged out by menial quests and running from point A to point Z.

Short Answer: No.

Attached: Shining Resonance Refrain_20180711153200.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

I bought it and played it up until the final dungeon, so by that point I had around 40 hours into it. I never finished it because I just stopped caring about everything the game had to offer. The characters aren't anything special, and the ones that are good (Agnum) don't get enough screen time. Everything about the game just screams "Generic" with no redeeming qualities.

Just listen to the combat theme, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=hr_h0sqkUR8

No, it's a genuinely awful game, even as an anime waifu game.The game mechanics and controls interact with each other in an awful way, and so do the characters. HARD pass.

well that's pretty much a unanimous skip. Thanks anons.

Attached: 1502763894470.jpg (1072x1052, 741K)

Grindy as FUCK, seriously it caught me off guard with how many difficulty spikes there are.

Play it if you can tolerate trash MC

It amazes me that Sega would even try to sell this for anything over $5.

you need to really love
>Visual Novel style dialogue and events
>large open areas with little to do and lots of backtracking
>irrelevant, randomized, never ending side quests that can be summed up as tedious
>generic, trope-ish writing that basically includes every major character from every anime you've ever watched except it includes even worse writing

The combat is actually the only thing worth a damn in this game and it's not especially great. It could be a lot worse though. I could have powered through it but the writing was so fucking lazy i couldn't get past it. The more characters you meet the more it starts to really set in how generic it is. The side content was also an insult; just all around lazy design.

The waifus are great, and I enjoyed the party conversations, but the world has the feeling of being both huge (big areas with no fast travel) and tiny (very few areas overall).
Quests are incredibly grindy in nature, and boss battles will almost always devolve into "spam Kirika's Break attack" or "spam Yuma's Dragonshift". Also the whole nonsense with Refrain mode is nonsense.

Unless one of the girls really makes your peepee the big peepee, then skip it.

Attached: __kirika_towa_alma_shining_resonance_and_etc_drawn_by_tanaka_takayuki__67ced177054860d99832c5a9cf387 (1000x1480, 774K)

There has never been a good JRPG where the cast has a ratio of 1 male and the rest of the cast are girls. If you're that horny, just go play Rance or one of RPGMaker eroge.

but theres other male party members in this game

Yes. Don’t listen to the haters,the game actually is fun once you acquire dragon form and later you have option to grind dungeons for broken materia

How does he look?

The best thing is you get to have loli party member that makes all the hags seething. Also said party member has her own date events and swimsuits.

>makes the hags seething
Explain further.

Attached: 062.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

This. The game is painfully average in every aspect and the character designs by Tony are honestly the only redeeming quality of the game.

It's definitely not bad but it's fairly mediocre and doesn't do anything to break the mold. 12 bucks is a fair price for it but try the demo out first.

Attached: yande.re 338860 sample armor cleavage shining_resonance sonia_branche tony_taka undressing.jpg (1059x1500, 346K)

>I’m gay
Why don’t you go back to your sausagefest in ffxv ?

Every bitch start getting jealous and talk about how mc “like it young”

Its a very watered down Tales clone and the combat can be boiled down to get MC to go SSJ -> kill everything. I'd rate it a 3.

Make Shining into an SRPG/DRPG franchise again.

Never.

Attached: __elwing_shining_series_and_shining_tears_drawn_by_agahari__85ed9e3fd28a2950b730292f82ca8bb6.jpg (644x900, 234K)

I'm able to digest most weeb games, but this one was tough

There's a demo by the way
But sadly, it's pretty meh
>nips fucking love for some god forsaken reason.
Not exactly, it's because
>it's easier for otakus to self insert, supposedly, although I'm sure it's also because they're easier to "develope", you know, from bitch to overpowered wet dream
>NGE stereotypes that ruined everything forever, Shinji in this case

Contrary to everybody else's opinion I had fun. I paid full price and don't regret my purchase. Don't expect anything stellar, but it's still nice running around with Miyano being a bro.

Denuvo removal when?

That certainly was the strongest part of the game.

Steam sale is in like two days. Just buy it and if you feel it's shit, refund it.

A performance increase for my toaster would be nice though.

They should've ported the one where you bake bread. Baking the shiniest fucking bread you've ever seen, so shiny that the whole island gets on your cock but you feel the inexorable pull to return to your people and reclaim your forgotten title of Hero of another world.

There are four male party members and five female ones.