Search your feelings. You know it to be true

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Attached: soulmaker.png (1436x1526, 2.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X03eHVCffBg
youtu.be/jO6vOh1Agi4
youtube.com/watch?v=utvANEZ2pLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shut the fuck up dumb coon
check my 5

This meme is stupid and you should be ashamed of yourself

I guarantee OP doesn't even have mario maker

Yeah, level editors shouldn't be a gaming experience worthy of 60 USD.

More like Super No Comments Maker

No, I do, and I'm really disappointed with what I've seen so far of the new game.
>removal of costumes
>new 3D world mode undermined by missing features
>removal of useful level design exploits
>a fuckton of new gimmicks whose only purpose is to make awful troll levels
>no 100 man challenge

There's like a hundred pre made levels so get fucked.

Good thing it comes with 120 full length stages to play

gamexplain did a deep dive into the game and it's utterly devoid of the charm, care, and soul the first had

100 mario challenge fucking sucked though, and the only exploit I'm aware that's removed is pipe-stacking (which I'm sad to see, but it was never vital)

Removal of amiibo costumes sucks.

Aside from costumes I don't understand how any of this is related to soul

it sure is a bitch to have licensed costumes huh?

I don't care, the whole purpose of this game to me is to just sit back and play through super expert mode over and over again while my brain slowly rots away.
It's surprisingly comfy.

but comments are confirmed to be in

>removal of useful level design exploits
Such as...?

The soullessness comes from the lack of care put in. Instead of finding a way to make 3D World more compatible with the other modes, they said "fuck it, leave out half the features, we don't have time." Instead of adding more features from the original games and expanding the potential of level designs, they added a bunch of flashy yet insubstantial gimmicks like fucking upside down mode.

>complains about "a fuckton of new gimmicks whose only purpose is to make awful troll levels" but is sad about the removal of pipe stacking, a gimmick whose only purpose is to make awful troll levels
WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

Attached: brainhole.jpg (1022x595, 81K)

literally the only thing i did in mario maker was 100 mario challenge. as well as the majority of people who stream it

it was by far their most popular mode

Patches nigger. Remember that Mario Maker 1 didn't even have checkpoints when it shipped

>no 100 man challenge
Seriously a drag. Having a definitive end at 16 levels completed (and however many for the super hard) gave a concrete goal when you booted up the game, this Endless Mode by comparison sounds trash

Pipe stacking. That's literally it. OP is just a retard who doesn't know how to explain himself.

that makes little sense and has nothing to do with soul. If you want to complain about it being soulless, at least point out the actual soul that was lost (such as removing many of the mario paint references, such as the fly swatter minigame as an example)

To be fair, Miyamoto said costumes were a one time thing to tie in to Mario Bros. 30th anniversary back when Mario Maker1 came out.

acquire coitus

it was poorly implemented, hopefully endless mode is an improvement on the format as its replacement.

>whine
>gripe
>complain
>bitch
>moan

You can expect a bunch of the common exploits to be patched out. I expect the launcher elevator and one way pipes to be gone too

New shit is being found all the time in smm1, so you can look forward to new and better expoits in smm2. People can start getting upset if they try to patch things like shell jumps and such.

by that logic the entire game was poorly implemented if their best thing was "poorly implemented"

But user, if you didn't reach the goal in MM1 100 man mode, then you would lose, and that's a very oppressive and dehumanizing concept.
In MM2 there is no losing, it's all about how far you can get. You made it to level 2? Good job!

uwot 100 mario was the worst part, you were better off searching for levels via the bookmark site

Here are all my complaints about the new game:
>Losing costumes really sucks, but I'm pretty sure they did it to avoid confusion in multiplayer (though they could have found a work around if they tried). Hopefully this means there will be more characters coming in the future though.
>Losing pipestacking also sucks.
>The 3d world style is extremely limited, and looks like it'll get old after like 30 minutes. They probably shouldn't have included it at all, and just focused on improving the other styles instead.
>The new music all sounds pretty bad imo, and the music box songs in the night theme sound especially terrible. They should have just included a music selector with like 50 -100 mario songs like in smash bros. They could have even made songs unlockable to give online play an actual purpose now that costumes are gone.
>The night theme gimmicks are cool, but I don't understand why they're limited to certain themes. I.e. Low gravity is only in the airship theme, and poison, swimming in the air is only availible in castles, and poison is only in the forest theme. Why not just have the option to use whatever gimmicks in any theme you want?

Attached: bowser-mario-kart-64-93.9_thumb.jpg (130x148, 5K)

Despite preloading I've been under a rock since I know I'll enjoy the game regardless, but have they confirmed the Switch Online phone application will have a function like the level search for Smash?

its the same game except for the 100 man which bums me out.

>the exact same goddamned thing but with more features
>le epic soulless meme
i advise you introduce your friends, "noose" and "neck"

Attached: 1540922983833.png (316x434, 305K)

>Losing pipestacking also sucks
Literally no one but trolls care about this.

>the exact same goddamned thing but with more features
If you look at it that way, then yeah it's just a straight up improvement. But a lot of the features they added are pretty half-baked to be honest.

Never played MM1 but planning on buying the new one, why is pipestacking considered a troll feature? What did people usually do?

Attached: 1536717279776.jpg (478x598, 58K)

Once the game is old it will have soul but its new so its soulless.

You can have enemies come out of pipes that the player would need to go down. Normally, a player isn't supposed to be able to enter a pipe if enemies spawn from it, so you could trick players into thinking they were stuck.

What fucking soul did the first fucking game have.

spread the gaping wound between your legs with a glass dildo

I hate the music box shit and hope it's patched in favor of having the option to turn it off entirely, but honestly I'm enjoying most of the new music otherwise, and having 3D World tracks thrown into the mix will be great. I'm also really excited for the editing tracks as well.

Pointless distractions and other absurdly small details that most people aren't even going to miss.

People are pretending to give a fuck about some of the easter eggs the original had. I don't understand why people would want them back anyways, wouldn't you want new ones in place of them? It seems like the Gamexplain bitching is mostly coming from an autist on their team that put 1000+ hours into the original.

At this point can we all agree soul means absolutely nothing and is just a way to attack new Nintendo releases without any actual argument?

Mario Maker 2 from Mario Maker 1 is one of the most clear improvements in a sequel I have ever seen and we still get this soul shit. Mario Maker has 90 themes compared to 24 of the original. That's before updates which will increase the total. Mario Maker 2 has more enemies, more music, more sound effects, more hazards, more features, more game modes, more single player content and both local and online multiplayer while the original did not. BUT YOU CANT DRESS UP AS ANIME CHARACTERS ANY MORE MUH SOUL.

I agree with most of this, but let's be real, it's 50 themes with an option to make them slightly different. The music also brings the night option down a lot for me.

I disagree because you have to remember the gameplay changes. Visually they look similar but they play different. Surely a level being upside down is more of a differentiator than a background?

How is that a troll feature? I literally just want to make multiple enemies come out or be able to do whats in pic related without having a gap between the pipes.

Attached: Screenshot_20190624-015749.png (1920x1200, 1.4M)

Have they said what ALL the possible optional objectives are?

there is a chance the gap will be patched like they did with sideways pipes on NSMBU ground

Think it's just goal, boss and coins. With story mode have a toad one.

A lot of people who skipped on Wii U are going to be getting this.

That's certainly mine and a lot of my friends. Hoes mad I guess.

What do you mean? Just listen to this beautiful music. It's so fitting!
youtu.be/X03eHVCffBg

I hope so.

honestly it's just Nintendo standard at this point with sequels, if not industry-standard: add a bunch of shit people wanted to appease old fans, but take the bare minimum effort required while almost entirely focusing on new things no one really wanted or cares about, and doing extremely lazy and shortsighted things with what's new

OLD GOOD :D
NEW BAD >:c

Multiplayer, slopes and a 3d world theme aren't things people wanted?

I dont think a single person asked for a 3d world theme

No 100 Man Challenge? I got to play the original but seemed like an awesome mode. I'm kinda sad now.

Attached: confused.jpg (341x308, 11K)

Because people didn't think that was ecen possible, doesn't mean people don't want it.

Theres really nit much functional difference between 100 and endless. The only difference is instead of playing to reach the arbitrary level count they set you play to break your own record.

Slopes are in the shit people wanted, but multiplayer wasn't something anyone was expecting or knew they wanted until the game's announcement happened - and they weren't even going to allow online friends co-op until we bitched about it, and depending on your paranoia may have even cost us costumes. Nintendo's in a bubble of loosely listening to the community but doing whatever the fuck they want otherwise, like they always have been.

I didn't realize it was this bad. The other themes seem kind of inoffensive with the music box shit, but the castle music just sounds like they one to one swapped out every instrument with the dinky music box noise.

it's been replaced with endless challenge

it's basically the same thing but doesn't arbitrarily end after a set number of stages, and you're given like 5 lives instead of 100 to start with.

honestly, i prefer the idea of endless challenge more. actually getting 1ups in stages is gonna be rewarding instead of whatever.

People absolutely wanted online Mario vs. That was absolutely a requested feature.

Good lord this is Yoshi's Crafted World tier bad
Can't you select other songs for your levels though?

Yeah, nothing beat playing a diverse mix of troll levels, levels with ten seconds on the clock, and levels made by literal toddlers. If it weren’t drawing indiscriminately from the pool of user generated levels it might have been fine, but as is it feels like SMM was made by a frustrated level designer proving that his job was an actual specialty and that he couldn’t be replaced with just anyone. He would have proved his point

Yes you can. This is just people looking for something to cry about as usual.

but does it have battle royal?

Attached: 1537314531892.png (640x480, 7K)

Sorry I got back to this so late, but I feel that themes are much more centered around atmosphere than gameplay, while the elements are what make the level a level. There's obviously a thing or two to differentiate some of them like water in the ocean theme, a river in the forest theme, and lava in the castle theme, but to me that isn't what makes them special. To me, the moon effects are more like a level element than a new theme. A theme should give the level an entirely different look and new music to the editor and the stage itself. The night gimmick uses four backgrounds counting all four styles, and the same music-box stuff for every theme.
It's such a baffling choice, it's the biggest disappointment so far for me because I won't even touch the night option because of it unless there's a patch. Either give us new music or don't, half-assed shit like this isn't worth the trouble.

That's not what he said. They did the bare minimum to add features that people wanted like slopes, and new themes.
I don't think abody asked for 3d world or multiplayer, and that's clearly what they directed the majority of there attention to instead of just adding more options to the base game.

All in all it looks like a good game though, the only thing that really pisses me off is the night music. It's so blatantly unfitting, and so easy to fix, yet they either somehow see nothing wrong with it, or just don't give enough of a shit about it to do anything. Hopefully people complain when the games out, and they add some more music options or something.

>Soulless
>implying 3D world isn’t peak soul
>implying adding things that everyone wanted and removing shitty gacha costumes isn’t based

Source? I haven't heard anything about turning off the music box shit unless you turn off the moon.

You're options are gusty garden galaxy, Delfino Harbor, n64 slide them, mario circuit from the snes, the boss music, or no music at all. Not much to work with there. I'd rather just have the normal castle music.

If you think no one asked for multiplayer you live in a bubble.

Never played MM1 but I'm watching some longplays of it out of interest. It seems like the top rated tracks end up just being garbage or music levels, and it's hard to look up interesting levels on Youtube because it's always shitty "TOP 5 CREEEEPIEST LEVELS FROM YA BOY XDXDXD MAC XDXDXD" and I ain't clickin' that shit.
As someone who's more interested in beating challenging levels than making them, this game will be fine for me right? I'd hate to have to swim through a sea of ass just for one good level.

Attached: 1537332707760.png (367x337, 306K)

youtu.be/jO6vOh1Agi4
Skip to 1:28

You could stack two warp pipes on top of each other in such a way, that going back down the pipe you went in, would lead to a different area than you had previously been in.

>you're given like 5 lives instead of 100 to start with.
Beating more than one Super Expert (or even regular Expert) course with five lives is going to be next to impossible.

It seems like there'll be more ways to wade through the shit now, you can boo levels and levels can be tagged by certain keywords, with one of them being "music".

Once you unlock expert/super expert mode you should be good. (Most) of the anti-video game levels get filtered out (shit like artsy levels, music levels, automario levels)

The search system hasnfilters so you can filter that stuff out. You can also play on expert or super expert difficulty for the random levels but you will get troll levels.

wait are these the full songs to be used as bgm, or a 2 second sound effect??

>every difficult but well-made level will get booed
>every auto-mario and "speedrun" level will get endless stars
Great system.

>Once you unlock expert/super expert mode you should be good. (Most) of the anti-video game levels get filtered out (shit like artsy levels, music levels, automario levels)

Yes, you just get troll levels, frame perfect speedruns and puzzles instead.

If you place the song on mario it will play for the whole level.

But user, neither of those things happened.

If I've never played the first Mario Maker should I get this one?
What does Online olay consist of? Surely it is not only to share scores, right?

What's so good about these games?not hateing just curious

They removed skinny Mario. They reused New Super Mario Bros skinny Mario in the door knocking easter egg for 3D World instead of making new ones. They removed all the weird elements like real hands or cat paws placing blocks. They removed the CRT filter in general and the one that came with the Big Mushroom. They removed the weird Mario hallucinations. They removed almost all the Mario Paint touches like each letter in the title screen doing something.

He complains about lots of gimmicks being added for troll levels and complains about a missing exploit only used on troll levels

op doesn't know what he is talking about

>What does Online olay consist of? Surely it is not only to share scores, right?

Uploading levels, playing levels, multiplayer.

both are shit
youtube.com/watch?v=utvANEZ2pLE

Attached: angry seph.png (960x651, 456K)

OP is the retardedest nigger I've ever met. Fuck him.

The night music thing is a bad design choice. It should have just stayed the normal music. Having everything become music box shit makes everything sound samey. Or just go wild with the remixes.

No it is not you dumb retard, Nintendo is gonna grab the amounts of levels you cleared and upload them to their leader boards so you can compare how good are you with other people, it is a competition , not a dumbass shit like being Happy you cleared some levels

literally the opposite of what you said, endless mode is ranked whilst 100 mario was not.

Making fucking Hot Garbage Simulator competitive is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard

They were mainly used for troll levels, trolls levels were basically levels where you need to find out how to proceed and the most obvious choices almost always ended with you getting killed, they are like puzzle levels that make fun of the player

Pretty much just whatever’s good about mario. They’re just the first accessible, legal, and official mario level creation tools I know of, of course people will drool over it. What I want to know is if a 3d mario maker is possible. My bet is no, as even if they accounted for the dramatically different physics between 3d mario games and could overcome other technical difficulties, I don’t think they’d ever make it as easy to use as they’ve made SMM. I think that’s why LBP never took off quite like Mario Maker (and also not having super mario attached), these are games for little kids after all.

3D World style is peak soulless. They didn't even get everything right. And there's so many glaring omissions. It's completely half-assed.

Even with a preset pool of assets, 3D level creation is more difficult than 2D (and having only the same assets in 3D would get repetitive really damn quick in a way it doesn't in 2D).

People come out with nice levels, and basically you never run out of content

one of the main reasons they replaced 100 mario was to avoid it giving you hot garbage so often, endless mode level curation is handled completely differently to 100 mario.

Watched the Direct, as I was never interested in this game nor the previous one.
Game looks fun, I might get it

Kek. I lost it when he showed his face and said konichiwa. I'm not even sure where to draw the line between satire, and sincerity in this.

I'm amazed at how many people on Yea Forums are shit talking what appears to be GOTY.
I missed out on SMM1

I'm looking forward to playing it on the go.

This post is stupid and you should be ashamed of yourself.

3D world theme barely brings anything new to the table, slopes shouldn't have been very hard to add. multiplayer is something every fucking game has but nintendo is so ass backwards in everything they do that they were too incompetent to have it in the previous game.

I'm looking forward to pretty much every aspect of the game. I am a bit disappointed at the lack of costumes, and those night time effects do seem a bit weird to me, I dont fully understand the system. When the game comes out it'll answer all my questions pretty much though, but even if what I fear ends up being confirmed it really isn't a huge minus when there's just so much else in the game that it has going for it.

It's a Nintendo game. It will never be accepted here lol.

what controller should I use, need that D pad son

The Hori HORIPAD for Nintendo Switch made by Hori.

what's wrong with it?

What are you talking about Yea Forums loves anything made by Nintendo

A fixed Switch Pro Controller is fine. Next best option is the 8bitdo adapter to use a different controller with your Switch.

Yea Forums has not stopped shitting on Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey for two years

>"Boohoo why doesn't everyone like the things I like? I can't be happy untill everyone on the internet shares my opinion on everything."

Because people keep responding to those threads to defend the games, if Yea Forums didn't care about those games no one would make threads about them

There is no way to control which kind of levels show up in 100 so you could get bullshit instadeaths and making it to the end would be most of the time a matter of luck

Mostly just BotW and that’s because it hasn’t stopped being shit

>"Boohoo why doesn't everyone hate the things I hate? I can't be happy untill everyone on the internet shares my opinion on everything."

2 has tons more soul. 1 was the most soulless game Nintendo has ever made.

t. reddit

>1 was the most soulless game Nintendo has ever made
NSMB2