How was gamefreak able to ruin the pokemon frachise ?

what franchise is going to replace pokemon ?

Attached: gamefreak.png (657x431, 378K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=28RXaXC9jDE&fbclid=IwAR0uYvLuMtPOe91PhjalWMPbOBX8A1bWZCjupB5FldC2nPQ8rW0GitodWCc
youtube.com/watch?v=3oYa17JuJh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

prööööh digimon

Attached: Mammothmon.png (1024x1024, 43K)

This is a great image, Agumons approve.

Attached: agumon_cyber_sleuth_hd_by_guiltronprime_dcki1rv-pre.jpg (1192x670, 83K)

buy OUR geemu so we can watch pokemon die together

Attached: 1466027385392.png (1024x694, 725K)

Yokai watch, digimon.

Time for Pokémon to get btfo by the Neopets comeback.

Neopets is for furries

I hope no single monster catching/raising/battling game completely replaces Pokemon because holy fuck this genre needs variety.

what will likely happen is TPCI and Ninty will come together and question why gamefreak, despite owning a third of the franchise, is fucking up so hard. And will either move to absorb them due to lost profit, or outright buy them and take over control of development. Game Freaks mismanagement of the franchise can no longer be ignored. Ninty and TPCI cannot turn a blind eye to declining sales of the biggest media franchise in existence.

How did they ruin it?

Man, Nintendo stepping in to force Gamefreak to step their fucking work up would be amazing.

buy every geemu

Attached: BUY GEEMU.png (1024x1274, 164K)

I can't fucking read moon runes when is the american pig disgusting version coming out

considering how everything else they make is shovelware i'm surprised they didn't ruin pokemon earlier

3D on a large scale is too complex for them.

SON OF MAN YOU WILL BUY OUR GAME RIGHT?

Attached: E50B1871-D107-42F7-A7A4-42D750DB964C.jpg (1021x575, 58K)

>what will likely happen is TPCI and Ninty will come together and question why gamefreak
Never gonna happen. TPCI is rather anti-Nintendo and will defend GF no matter what.
If anything they will try to convince Nintendo to sell their shares to them and then Pokémon will be multiplat.

Attached: __musashi_pokemon_anime_and_etc_drawn_by_iwbitu_sa__b2052493fb27ca191361fdf3b2a96e14.jpg (988x1400, 126K)

lol just learn japanese

Attached: C R A C K A L A C K A B O O M B O O M.jpg (510x510, 14K)

>and will defend GF no matter what
Money talks dummy. They won't defend game freak if sales tank.

TPCI got Gamefreak members on their board and deep connections.

youtube.com/watch?v=28RXaXC9jDE&fbclid=IwAR0uYvLuMtPOe91PhjalWMPbOBX8A1bWZCjupB5FldC2nPQ8rW0GitodWCc

Attached: 1561248146528.jpg (200x200, 12K)

Bring back Monster Rancher.

Anyone could explain relationship between TPC, Nintendo and Gamefreak also Creatures?

stfu you sneaky japs are using MY country's webpage, so you better keep the moon runes in your little scrolls if you catch my drift

Attached: 1557107553267.jpg (1080x1892, 936K)

Even normalfags aren't putting up with GF's bullshit. It's a good sign

>TPCI is rather anti-Nintendo
tpc is co-owned by nintendo, retard.

Sadly there's still retards who defend GF: youtube.com/watch?v=3oYa17JuJh4

>TPCI is anti-nintendo
source? i've never heard of this before
always got the impression that they only cared about money

Digimon and SMT were lways the best ones anyway

Attached: Pumpkinmon and Pyro Jack.jpg (1280x1280, 560K)

buy... my gemu

Attached: Blizzaria plush.jpg (238x211, 6K)

Cute

can he join ?

Attached: Jibanyan halloween.png (750x730, 231K)

Sure

>it'll fail a-anytime now
the games aren't even the bulk of the profits, they're just a launch pad for the merchandise and even go made chunks of profit

And the other two who own TPCI are GF and Creatures. Also, you just have to look at how TPCI doesn't allow much promotion from Nintendo and how anything Pokémon in games like SMM and Smash are rather limited.

If TPCI would have to answer to Nintendo, there'd be a lot more Pokémon crossing over. Not to mention new spinoffs by different developers.

I need an Agumon in my life.

Gamefreak will die way before pokemon does, and when it happens another developer will take the reins of the core RPG games
keep in mind that pokemon is much bigger than the games Gamefreak makes; the anime, cards, mobile, and merchandise are all so incredibly successful that pokemon won't lose it's weight in modern culture any time soon

localize it first

I can be your Agumon, user! AGUMON! you read it in his voice

Nothing will. All the whining faggots will still buy the game because they can't resist not owning and not experiencing the new Pokemon game especially when others are.

The games will sell like hotcakes as per usual and the cycle will continue

>no matter how much effort level 5 puts into yo-kai watch, it will never be as popular as pokemon

Attached: blizzaria 28.png (351x472, 377K)

>"I'M A RETARD THEREFORE EVERYONE ELSE IS"

Nooooo, don't cry, cunny

IT'S GEIMU
NOT GEMU
NOT GEEMU
MODS DO SOMETHING THEY'RE RUINING OUR COMMUNITY

Blizzaria user is based
Digimon user is based
Monroe is based
Traps are based
Guess who’s not based?
Pokeniggers, the pokemon company and masuda

Attached: C1E8E025-5929-4B47-B3CE-430BB8C25E59.jpg (334x506, 42K)

ITS GAME, ITS JUST CALLED A FUCKING GAME YOU RETARD

Attached: Blizzaria 30.png (159x81, 37K)

wtf
Gamefreak owns a third of tcpi
Nintendo is the one that technically owns most of pokemon. Since they own an "undisclosed"(hint: undisclosed means majority) amount of Creatures. Anyway they're the ones that set the deadlines. You think it's a coincidence Pokemon releases in time for the holiday Switch sales? Nintendo can't do anything only because Gamefreak will never let go of their bread and butter and pokemon can never be developed by another developer without gamefreaks approval. But Nintendo owns all the copyrights and pretty much everything besides developer rights.

What does this even mean of course they do, they own a third of it. Nintendo would have members on board tcpi too, even more.

btw SS is going to make more money than anything since XY DP

>Monroe is based
Where are his nudes then?

All franchises lose their luster eventually, Pokemon is a cultural phenomenon and one of the most successful franchises of all time.

You cant really ruin it, it just got old. Its easy to look back and use hindsight to nitpick issues, we all know after the first two gens pokemon design and difficulty went to shit and they 'ruined' the games, but it still stayed an icon.

The Pokemon Company is the entity that owns and controls everything related to pokemon (games, cards, merchandise)
Nintendo, Gamefreak and Creatures each own 1/3 of TPC (Nintendo also happens to own some shares in Creatures)
Nintendo is Nintendo, Gamefreak develops the core games, and Creatures handles spinoffs and the trading cards
there's also some other factor relating the ownership of the pokemon creatures themselves, where (I think) Nintendo owns their names, and Gamefreak owns the designs? something like that

NO NO NO NO NO
GET IT RIGHT

Summoning Monroe

TPCI operates independent of Nintendo regardless ownership.

I enjoy the spin offs more than the main series games and it's been that way for a while. I still play Rumble Blast and think Pokemon Quest is __fun

They should just stop

>Monroe is based
Yeah she is

Attached: we__34VW_400x400.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>Monroe called me gay twice
Fuck him

Attached: 1558874691228.jpg (1516x1422, 494K)

>TPCI got Gamefreak members on their board and deep connections.
>Thinking any of this can stop fucking Nintendo.
Based retard.

Attached: 1486145081227.png (93x121, 9K)

Shut up, Verlisify, nobody cares anymore. Go suck Masuda's tiny dick

>Fuck him
Gladly.
After a nice date.

how does it feel to be a fully grown adult and to actually still be obsessing and getting upset over something made for toddlers. i imagine it doesn't feel good.

Who the fuck is monroe

>ywn be a cute femboy

Attached: 1542589801651.jpg (480x467, 39K)

The same way it feels to be making posts like yours

They ruined the franchise because their main developers were always shit, but they struck gold with 1 and Iwata fixed gen 2. Gen 3 and to an extent gens 4-5 were alright because the series was slowly evolving, but now with the 3d jump their senior officers like Masuda are ruining everything by being out of touch

Remember. Diives owns Mahwile and Lopunny!

alright guys, we get it you are horny

but stop talking about e-celebs

Attached: Whisper.jpg (1280x720, 307K)

N-no. I regret saying that. I want to fuck him first
>He doesn't know

>what will likely happen is TPCI and Ninty will come together and question why gamefreak, despite owning a third of the franchise, is fucking up so hard
Fucking up how so? Most normalfags will forget about the missing features and make SS sell millions anyway.

Last monster tamer thread, a couple of minutes ago, Yea Forums actually talked to a """""""""""""""""girl"""""""""""" for once and he called us gay

Why are mon collecting threads so late at night?

holy hell I haven't seen a Blizzaria fan this into her in a while.
Nice.

Attached: 1547147331941.png (2000x2000, 757K)

Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures created Pokemon together and either share multiple intellectual properties with each-other or have control in an intellectual property (i.e. Nintendo owns the Pokemon trade mark) in relation to Pokemon.

In order to simplify everything they create the Pokemon Company to manage the brand.

god dammit. why can't they just make a good video game

Play Monster Hunter Stories.

Attached: 2A28B805-3A9E-4135-852D-276F6E0CD652.jpg (1500x1372, 402K)

you enjoy being a manchild and getting upset over a company that gives zero fucks about you?

Attached: 1433360240058.png (396x400, 25K)

>big boobs
cringe
>cirno
based

Attached: Blizzaria 25.jpg (448x441, 25K)

We're in a cursed timeline and no one can prove to me otherwise. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, with the odd exception here and there to keep it from being too obvious and immersion breaking.

Played it and really liked it, too bad there wasn't a G-Rank or really much of an endgame because I wanted to play it more.

>frogposter
>not a manchild
lel

because people want to dodge against pokenigger

I hope pokemon dies after this shit. They've become the wwe of videogames

cringe

Night is comfy just like mon franchises

cringe

pokefags cant stay up past their bedtime

Attached: Blizzaria 6.jpg (400x400, 28K)

At least he directly called you gay. You should feel special

Said it before
Needs a part where I can date you

>Rock Paper Scissors game.

That sounds confusing but technically they're in a dead lock with each other right? So Gamefreak doesn't really need to answer to TPC and Nintendo right?

sadly you still cant date blizzaria, otherwise it wouldn't be E-rated

Attached: blizzaria 19.jpg (659x800, 122K)

Gamefreak has always been an incompetent developer (see R/B/Y as the buggy mess it is and how they needed Iwata to save G/S/C) and it only became more and more apparent as the specs on portable systems grew further and further.
Their trademark style of "one step forward, two steps back" was only going to get worse and worse until they did something irreparably dumb like killing 70% of the Pokedex out of sheer laziness, and I called this shit ages ago.

It's a shame because I really love Pokemon but I find the games becoming increasingly harder to play because there's just so much frustration stemming from how they mishandle the franchise. They really need to outsource development (especially in the realms of animation and modelling) or hire a fuckton more people.

Attached: 1521852051415.png (594x365, 170K)

>greatest pokemon game is a remake of the game iwata helped create
i miss him

Attached: 1548606430915.gif (248x248, 55K)

They've ruined it but people will buy it anyway, like they bought let's go. You overestimate the influence of the competitive players. And, even then, if this is really a big deal, they'll probably go back on it going forward, and they can absolutely face tank a poorly received game, and come back as the heroes of the story by having all the mons in the next one.

Know of any decent romhacks? Just started up Pyrite, think I'm gonna nuzlocke it.

>bought Let's Go because I had faith that they would do gen 8 justice
>and now this
I'm sorry Yea Forums

Attached: sudoku.png (394x394, 342K)

that's just it though the models and animations are done, there's 0 good excuse for why they don't have the pokemon ingame. USUM have, in the data on the cart, walking and running animations for EVERY SINGLE POKEMON. They obviously didn't add battle animations in swsh so that's no excuse. There's nothing. There's 0 reason to not include them. At all.

Pokemon Crystal clear is an "open-world" romhack of G/S/C that lets you play through the game in any order you want, which is really neat. I'd recommend giving it a try.

I wish Digimon would go back to its roots or just make an MMO already. The fact of the matter is the Cyber Sleuth games are quite fun, sure, but the recent game that was a throwback to the original Digimon world was "Meh" at best due to the fact they gave you two digimon to train instead of just one and there are far too many Digimon out there now to even worry about collecting them all.
On top of that the designs of some of these digimon are just getting absurd.

It looked neat, does it do anything crazy other than level scaling and open world?

I bought lets go to bro... but never more, pirating all GFs games from now on

Attached: FB46267A-802B-4241-ABF0-E63F366225F8.jpg (870x600, 118K)

>go back to it's roots
re:digitize/next order
>make an mmo
digimon masters. it's kinda p2w in the english version though. korean version's great.

As much as Gamefreak shit the bed with SnS for a myriad of reasons, Pokemon is still the largest selling franchise globally and it'll make plenty of bank from other vidya and mediums - merchandise, anime, manga, TCG, etc. It would have to take a string of massive fuckups to dethrone it. Hell, the new game is very likely still going to sell well. But I'm curious to see on whether GF will eventually be forced to keep up in the arms race of video game development.

But to answer your question OP, I think that Monster Hunter should take the mantle.

Attached: 1392290983201.png (224x225, 48K)

There is an mmo but it sucks. I just wish they would do a fan poll for the rookies people want in a potential new game, other than the ones they already have modeled, and build lines etc off those.

>gamefreaks fuck up
>you can‘t be able to transfer all your mons
> tree textures, on a open world area
Well if this is what all of you care about, then this franchise truly is dead.

Pokemon was only good for a very brief period of time after the franchise was launched, it just took for the usual stagnated complacent standard to plummet for you and everyone else to notice

Attached: graph.png (850x501, 18K)

Monster hunter isnt even a monster collection franchise, and yet a single spin off of it is better than anything GF has pumped for the last 5 years.
But yeah unless MH gets really serious with stories i dont see it replacing pokemon since they’re two different genres

>monster hunter
If they change the dumb rps gameplay from stories they can make millions, especially with world making it popular in the west now. They have a shit ton of monsters and great music to work with too

It's not that you can't transfer your mons, it's that they don't exist. There's not 800 pokemon anymore, there's 100 and some, whatever they decide for swsh. That's it. It's lazy as fuck when ALL the assets are made, and have been made since gen 6.

Thoughts on digimon survive?

other than a couple spinoffs pokemon was always shit.

looks like a tactics game. mediocre too. Not too interested. They had a good thing with cyber sleuth, don't know why they're throwing it away.

It make my pp hard with branching digivolution paths

That took you 6 minutes to come up with? That's embarrassing

I'd unironically argue they could admit they only want to do so for season 1 championship balance, but if they didn't say that and only that I wouldn't defend them

They probably filled the cart with garbage code again and can't even fit the rest of the pokemon.

Attached: 1558625165514.jpg (1146x918, 110K)

DONT play crystal clear, the retarded developer replaced the elite 4 with his friends OC's

Attached: 1561017813212.png (1891x1619, 790K)

The lack of a large number of Pokemon entirely would've been reasonable if the game actually offered something that justified the cut. Instead it's just going to end up as another incredibly mediocre JRPG with no real redeeming qualities, they can't even make the game look nice to boot - and that's when you consider that the devs already did a shitload of future proofing with the models and animations within the past two generations! The 3DS games didn't have a good deal of slowdown during battles for no real reason.

I just want another mystery dungeon game

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

This it is really cringy deviant art tier shit.

I get it if you wanna nerd out with your buddies, but for an official romhack release?

Attached: fug.jpg (600x797, 61K)

Plenty of people like the games for just the monsters, just think of the main series as a more 'hands on' approach to dealing with them. Stories would need a lot of work to get going, too bad it bombed. Yo-kai Watch really fucked up monster collecting games during that time.

Attached: curly mustache.jpg (486x1103, 178K)

First of all, no one knows that. And again, this still is the same as you can‘t transfer them. Nothing else. Like no one cares that they cutted half of the exploration in sm, no one cares all the kanto shit, no one cares that we get less and less new pokemon, that everything get‘s spoiled by their marketing. It‘s just whiny nostalgia fags who cry because they can‘t have their shitty mon in the new game to rot in the box.
>b-but this mean gf will stop beeing lazy
No, they will just focus on importing your shitty monsters. Because these faggots are not stupid, it‘s not like they don‘t because of lazyness but of not having enough time. So maybe ss will be again incredibly good. But it won‘t matter, because now they will focus on importing old mons instead of doing good shit

its really bad, one of them is fucking named DOOM

also his other friends are random trainers with fucking shiny pokemon and shit like magikarp with dragon rage

Attached: 1561017154291.png (1247x2261, 1.63M)

Also add me to this
>100 and some
Are you an underaged redditor or something? This game will likely have over 400 mons in the dex.

Nintendo is always able to reinvent a franchise while GF just makes the same as shit. They reinvented Zelda which grew stale and made what is arguably one of the best games of all time. If GF can't do that then maybe it's time for someone else to take the helm.

There's Prism, a romhack of GSC that's technically impressive.

Clover (FRLG + some modern mechanics) is surprisingly of some quality for what is basically a meme-ridden romhack that even has SilvaGunner contributors backing up the score.

>reinvent in pokemon
You fuck right off. You are the same shit as genwunner crying out loud eventhough not caring a bit about these games. If faggots like you would take over this shit would end in a ugly mess with muh botw and real action gameplay that will be so shit it will kill the franchise.

>and I called this shit ages ago.
That's not particularly impressive. If you call the death of any series right now you'll be right about it eventually, you just need to wait long enough.

>dating youkai
GET YOUR OWN WOMAN

Attached: 1537682345139.jpg (1592x2708, 564K)

Yeah that shit's really cringey, but the rest of the project is good if you can get past that.

>People still big baby crying over NPD
Call it a day

>and shit like magikarp with dragon rage
hit me with that gay shit

Attached: 1557039233573.png (750x750, 39K)

Nice, I'm pretty partial to gen 1 and 2 romhacks. Heard clover is a memefest, as you say, but if you reccomend it, then I'll give it a shot.

If you genuinely think that there's people who want Pokemon to become an action RPG, you're fucking retarded. They still want a traditional RPG, just one that's not undeniably garbage

By that I mean I specifically predicted that GF would keep cutting corners and mechanics until they inevitably go too far and even start rousing the suspicions of the normie consumers that make up 80% of their buyer-base.

Single battles are garbage rock paper scissors clones and need to be removed from the series. Double battles are superior and need to be the mainstay of the series.

I WILL MARRY BLIZZARIA AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

Attached: 1561025843884.png (1768x2095, 1.37M)

Give me triple battles and field buffs and Press Turn.

>even start rousing the suspicions of the normie consumers that make up 80% of their buyer-base.
Have they done that? People complaining about it on Reddit/Twitter/Yea Forums are not normies, you're obviously far gone if you're complaining about Pokemon on the internet.
You won't know how normies react until the sales figures come in.
It'll surely do fine

I posted this in another thread but here's why:

Gamefreak is literally on the goldilocks zone
>games are just childish enough that people are embarrassed to complain or demand more from them
>games are on just weak enough handhelds consoles so that nobody has big expectations for their graphics / gameplay
>games are just old enough to be forgiven their archaic mechanics, because people consider them "traditional" these days
>They are able to sell the same game on two versions simultaneously, causing the most autistic fans to buy it twice, and gamefreak is by far the ONLY developer in the world who has gotten away with this kind of greed. All because it was camoflaged under the purpose of trading with friends
>two versions? make that three. Now fast forward a decade and make it a total of 5 versions of the EXACT same game, because of remakes.
>has the perfect target audience for their games (children and manchildren) - any other demographic would be less shit eating and more mature to control what they spend their money on
>Is in the perfect position to have near monopoly on the franchises games, getting exclusive say on what new designs and stories look like.
>All this and more, because nintendo figures that their company pumps gold selling shit fast enough to not question the quality of the products - because, you know, they don't want to bother their cash cow by accidentally making them more expensive

Attached: 1496170450881.jpg (444x470, 40K)

>childish
More reason to complain. Stop giving our kids shit games. And Pokemon's a big enough name that people won't laugh at you for wanting this foreign nip series to be better.
>weak enough handheld consoles
No longer an excuse now it's on Switch. Sure you can argue it's a handheld, but Nintendo calls it a console so that's the standard we'll hold Pokemon to.

After the disaster that was SMD, you really want another?

The entire tagline of the new games is to appeal to the veteran fags.

Isn't DOOM the old guy who got CYNTHIA'S THEME as his battle theme?

Shoring up on his recommendation, it is a memefest, but it's surprisingly mechanically impressive and some of the jokes can even land well. Just don't cheat.

Yeah I know that the game will be successful anyway solely because it's Pokemon. But you can't deny that a ton more people are becoming more aware of Gamefreak's incompetence as a developer. There's always been a minority of fans who were always aware of this, but the Pokedex nonsense and lack of graphical fidelity definitely caused a ton of people's ears to perk up.

>disaster
It had a few shitty points like the partners randomly being locked out, but what was so bad about it to call it a disaster?

>But you can't deny that a ton more people are becoming more aware of Gamefreak's incompetence as a developer.
I honestly don't think they give the slightest fuck, look at how popular Pokemon Go was with normies. Quality has zero bearing on their interests.

Someone give me a romhack besides Touhoumon that has a NG+ system.

Monster Hunter Stories was a good alternative

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS

PGO was a completely different entity that wasn't even designed by Gamefreak or TPCI, so it's easily written off.
Let's Go was cheap but it wasn't a mainline entry and basically served as a stopgap for PGO newbies, so you could write that off too.
But now that this laziness has penetrated the next mainline console entry, people are taking notice.