How come we haven't got an official or even straight up d&d clone fighting game featuring every class of the game?

How come we haven't got an official or even straight up d&d clone fighting game featuring every class of the game?

>fighter
>rogue
>cleric
>paladin
>bard
>barbarian
>ranger
>druid
>wizard
>sorcerer
>warlock
>monk
those alone are twelve, but a mix and match of races and different subclasses plus maybe artificer could make sizeable roster, not to mention the sheer amount of monsters who could also be added as unique characters.
The possibilities are endless.

Attached: D&D_Shadow_player_select.gif (766x442, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

the-eye.eu/public/Books/rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/AD&D 1st Edition/Core/Dungeon Masters Guide (Orange Spine).pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=crI1Q0IqOeU
youtube.com/watch?v=uq7VWwsMF5U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dragon’s Crown?

There were two on the ps1, one of theme even based entirely on ravenloft. They were shit though so I can't blame you for not counting them

I mean an actual, proper fighting game.

I mean an actual, proper fighting game. so yeah

>female character is a DEX based character
where did this convention come from and why is it so widely accepted?

Because fragile bitch boys couldn't stand the idea that a woman might be stronger than them in a fantasy realm, so they went with agility as a dominant female trait.

unironically came from having to balance aestethics into stats.
women are clearly not as strong as men on average, so they had to get a compensation, which usually meant a dex, cha, or even int bonus.
it's widely accepted because people want to believe the world is fair so they lie to themselves that's how it is. the same thing goes for how chads were portrayed in movies versus how some in real life are actually not only handsome and strong, but also pretty cool guys, maybe even smart

There was one.
It was awful.

Attached: iron & blood.jpg (800x1020, 138K)

Straight up D&D doesn't work as vidya. You literally roll for everything, everything is up to chance. If the RNG is fucking with your game experience to hard, you have the dungeon master who can tailyor the current campaign to be more fun and salvage your enjoyment. In the future AI might be able to do this to a acceptable degree, but it would also require a heavily dynamic game unlike anything we have seen.

I never noticed before, but Shadow has some super questionably stat distributions.
What kind of Fighter goes with 12 str and 11 con?

Attached: fighterProfileHalf.gif (525x355, 72K)

literally every rpg and tons of other games use rng. the problem with d&d is that it's just a shit system that isn't even good as a tabletop game but people don't care.

But women aren't stronger in men in real life, and love bows. Just look at the success of the Hunger Games and its mainy female dominat fanbase. Bitches love bows.

The funny thing is that in real life, a bow requires more strength than a sword.

>What kind of Fighter goes with 12 str and 11 con?

The kind that rolled 3d6 down the line but did the best with what Crom gave him like a man.

But women don't know that, they just like being agile and graceful as media depicts bow users.

Meanwhile the chad Magic User with all his extra spell slots from his 17 int.

Attached: mageProfileHalf.gif (524x354, 61K)

Meanwhile this fucking cleric is loaded up on Int and Charisma, while all the stats that really matter to him are average or below.

Attached: clericProfileHalf.gif (526x356, 63K)

D&D was never designed for PvP, there's no way to balance it in a convincing manner. also why competitive RPG mechanics (e.g. mobas) make for trash games

Priests > clerics imo but I have a maceboner.

Why did he put 14 on charisma
why is his highest stat charisma

For some reason everyone but Thief decided they needed to pump charisma.

Attached: thiefProfileHalf.gif (525x355, 70K)

His hp really sucks for a fighter.

>How come we haven't got an official or even straight up d&d clone fighting game featuring every class of the game?
Pretty sure we did. I think it was called Iron and Blood or something.

in old d&d you rolled your stats once and didn't get to change them. if they were shit you picked the class that needed them the least and tried to see how far you could get before you died and had to make a new character. donut steal characters that will realistically never die were a later and gay trend.

>best-looking character along with elf
>charisma 8

Would have been 1st edition D&D. Also look at the Fighter, you can't tell me he isn't charismatic as fuck with his long flowing locks of hair and his gorgeous muscularity. PURE. MASCULINITY.

Did clerics in the older systems based their spellcasting ability off CHA or something?

Nah, even in the first edition of AD&D (2nd edition was out for years when Capcom made these) wisdom determined everything for Clerics. Int was practically useless, unless you were taking it for roleplaying purposes.

That's what I thought too but just had to ask to make sure I wasn't going senile or something. I know Paladins used WIS for spellcasting slots in like 2nd edition but then later editions on that was based on CHA instead.

post dwarf and elf

Nah.
AD&D always had some manor of point rearrangement and removing low scores as the preferred method.
Either the DM was a dick and required honest rolls, or the people who generated them are morons.

Attached: 1979 Dungeon Masters rolls.png (683x920, 546K)

I'm pretty sure Cleric's Turn Undead went off Charisma.

Why would anyone be interested in Elf?
Disgusting creatures.

Attached: dwarfProfileHalf.gif (525x355, 58K)

Yeah but maybe GM ruled it that you get what you get on your roll and you just gonna have to deal with it.

>Strength 11
>Dexterity 9
>has the strongest physical attack combo in the game

Attached: 1463044142515.jpg (264x292, 28K)

Turn undead was based entirely off of level.

Attached: turn undead.png (535x394, 151K)

I just want to see the stats images of all the characters.

>>wizard
>>sorcerer
>>warlock
What's the difference?

I'd love a gimmicky D&D tag fighter now that you mention it
Very limited combos, basically impossible to do more than two hits in a row without using an assist, which is a bit commitment
Slower poke based neutral more towards Samsho than MVC.
Fat single hit damage so running your assist into a single heavy almost deletes them.
Build the characters so that they tend to be solid in some areas but with holes in others so party composition matters. Fighter is good defensively and up close, but loses hard to people that outrange him, so you should have either Wizard to put up a wind wall for him to approach behind and get in or a Thief to backstab them when they commit to a projectile.
But the wizard would be great at long range and when he has you locked down, but terribly defensively and not great at keeping them out when he hasn't had time to set up, so having a Berserker to barrel in and knock them away from you would be invaluable, or a Monk to parry their attacks.

I think back in 2nd ed it was based entirely off the Cleric's level.

Elf has somewhat decent spreads for a magic knight, but once again with the Charisma pump.

Attached: elfProfileHalf.gif (525x355, 61K)

It's not DnD but Dark Awake/Chos Breaker gets pretty close.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 32K)

>wizard: book learning
>sorcerer: inherent magical ability
>warlock: demons

wizard is a nerd who read books to learn magic
sorcerer is a special snowflake who was born with magic power because his whore mom fucked a dragon
warlock is an incel who made a contract with a succubus for magic powers

animated

Wizard book learns spells. Sorceror FEELS spells. Warlocks learned spells from some interaction with an infernal being

You do realize the "animations" for the character sheets in the game are just background lines moving, right?

I want to sex Moriah in her butt

Attached: 42a1332c555686c2c2cf99857a7b0255.jpg (2362x4724, 591K)

the chad charismatic barbarian

You are indeed a wisened individual

wizards learn magic through study and research, sorcerers are born with it, warlock's steal magic/gain magic by proxy via some thing or contract.

But the fighting game has nothing to do with rng or stats, he clearly just means the aesthetics of the classic RPG classes.

I used to have a lot more pics from this game but for the life of me can't find them online anymore.

Attached: 1455229559244.png (698x760, 756K)

Every single character in the game is in the range of strength where they don't get any damage bonus.
That requires 16 Str under the tabletop rules.

>put
3.X babbies show yourselves out pls.

Attached: __sorceress_fighter_amazon_rannie_wizard_and_etc_dungeons_dragons_shadow_over_mystara_and_etc_drawn_ (877x1200, 337K)

The game has literally encouraged you to assign your scores since 1979.
Read your manual.

This is a shot in the dark, but does anyone remember which DnD book it was that had a girl that looked like her on the cover?

Attached: 1332460052037.jpg (493x700, 44K)

I always amuses me how people come up with all these desperate attempts to maintain the cargo cult of randomly rolled ability scores by trying to mitigate their shitiness instead of just admitting that they're shit and doing point buy or array.

Good random generation is rolling to see what kind of unique and interesting character is generated. Bad random generation is rolling to determine if your character will be good at fantasy dungeon-crawling in a game about fantasy dungeon-crawling.

No i mean that the Dwarf's aerial attack combo in D&D SOM is actually ridiculously strong that i am surprised that his STR is so low "officially" stat wise that is.

I really would love to see this party come back in another game or a manga or show or something.

Attached: eb190b93a3024f9f7a87d7b62d8cb357.jpg (1280x997, 634K)

No, it never encouraged you to do that. It simply gave you the alternative option, but the vast majority of players played by the rules of going with what you got. It's not until 3.X that vastly popularized the power gaming aspect of D&D where people min-maxed the shit out of it and started using more easier systems such as stat buy or rolling dice and then distributing the rolls into which stats you want. In my copy of AD&D there aren't even rules for point buy or anything. Just says that you roll for stats and saving rolls in order and go with what you got.

Guess we're dumping art of the baet em up now. Fine by me

Attached: DsNs_eLX4AY-ybY.jpg (1024x1820, 359K)

I wonder what's on the board and chains they're hanging around?

I'd certainly appreciate it. I got a lot of folders to rebuild

Attached: 518ab2e09bd2ee2166ff881cba7462fc.jpg (921x1000, 115K)

I want to say it's to an elevator or air ship. I haven't played in a while.

Attached: 2013-05-09-578191.jpg (1700x1189, 2.72M)

The closest thing is the Golden Axe fighting game on the Saturn.

Attached: goldenaxe-the-duel-screenshot.jpg (704x448, 87K)

That was shockingly decent. Not super amazing but actually pretty okay for the time.

Attached: 2013-05-09-578199.jpg (2100x2570, 1.59M)

You obviously don't remember what was written in AD&D. Read the fucking page.
>It is recommended that the following methods be used
Jesus Christ, I am literally quoting what Gary Gygax wrote 50 years ago. People didn't play with completely random rolls because that creates a shitty experience.

the-eye.eu/public/Books/rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/AD&D 1st Edition/Core/Dungeon Masters Guide (Orange Spine).pdf

Never heard of this till now, but damn, it looks pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=crI1Q0IqOeU

Attached: 0b30a71ec89adc4d802eaf595f16dfd9.jpg (600x1069, 84K)

She swears like a sailor and is totally unladylike.
this actually grants her a huge hidden CHA bonus because tomboys are CUTE

I wouldn't call it a "good" game, but it is certainly fun. There's a character who is a Skeleton lancer who rides a Skeleton horse and he has an infinite where he just charges back and forth across the screen.

I bet she's almost never not drunk and is honestly more than a bit slutty.

Attached: __moriah_dungeons_dragons_shadow_over_mystara_and_etc_drawn_by_big_d__a7d43ad43c63f0fbc235fae9bbda17 (2894x2894, 1.58M)

Here's some match footage.

youtube.com/watch?v=uq7VWwsMF5U

While it would be great to see another fighting game in the D&D universe I would also like to throw my bid in for an SRPG featuring D&D classes and characters. I miss the days of Final Fantasy Tactics and the Shining Force games.

Totally not Deedlit, honest. Lodoss what?

Attached: 3997728_p0.jpg (532x800, 204K)

On that note isn't there a Lodoss Metroidvania coming out soon?

Im curious about who actually owns these characters. Did Capcom retain the rights? Because I know Wizards can be really Jewy.

Attached: tumblr_nflzs6pkBK1rksymco1_1280.png (984x738, 457K)

>tfw still no Tactics Ogre sequel

Attached: tactics ogre luct.jpg (439x800, 148K)

Fuck if I know. They showed one video for the anniversary and then the studio just did Tohou shit.

Attached: Record of Lodoss War Chronicles of the Heroic Knight Ep02.mkv_snapshot_06.29_[2018.10.14_06.58.39].j (640x480, 36K)

Because women fighters are pathetic.

t. never played OD&D

Im only 40

Very few people play OD&D.
Its honestly not very fun

Boy. Here we go.

DnD 5e. Set in Faerun. 2v2 quick change fighting style like MvCi or BBXT
>starting roster of 18 characters with 6 more coming out as DLC down the line in pairs. More DLC if game does well
>characters are all unique and built specifically for the game, except for Drizzt who is a secret character not revealed until release
>Human Battlemaster Fighter, Half Orc Totem Barbarian, Dwarf War Cleric, Half Elf Valor Bard, High Elf Evocation Wizard, Wood Elf Moon Druid, High Elf Conjuration Wizard, Halfling Thief Rogue, Dragonborn Devotion Paladin, Tiefling Fiend Warlock, Half Elf Draconic Sorcerer, Human Open Palm Monk, Wood Elf Beast Master Ranger, Human Light Cleric, Human Eldritch Knight Fighter, Gnome Illusion Wizard, Drow Vengeance Paladin, Drizzt

DLC Characters based off supplements
>Goliath Zealot Barbarian, Goblin Swashbuckler Rogue, Aasimar Hexblade Warlock, Tabaxi Drunken Master Monk, Tortle Samurai Fighter, Firbolg Spores Druid

Just give it a cheesy story mode based off like 6 characters playing the primary party, a good online mode, and easy training mode and you'll print money. That roster represents the most popular races and subclasses, and gives enough to make each character fairly unique.

I vaguely recall these characters being reused or referenced over the years, so it seems likely WoTC holds most of the control and it's Capcom who has to ask them about SoM related things.

I remember playing some version of 2 and even that was kind of a bitch. THAC0 can get fucked.

I admit its less fun than 3°ed but i've always find it way more based than Advanced D&D.

random stats make the game more game like. maybe you will roll a good character that still falls in a hole and dies anyway. maybe you will roll a shit character that keeps getting lucky and survives. letting players pick their stats empowers "storytelling" fags who think anyone cares about the 3 page backstory they wrote for their character.

women can't achieve the same levels of muscle mass as men. period.

I'd actually argue it hinders role playing. Some of my best characters where basically made from me rolling what amounts to a goddamn re re. Seriously imagine a wizard who's dumber than as sack of bricks.

there was tactics advance and ogre battle 64 though

Attached: Rincewind.png (241x414, 149K)

Ogre Battle 64, Ogre Battle Gaiden, and Knight of Lodis came after. And you could make the case that FF Tactics is a spiritual successor.

Exactly. It was great.

Attached: rincewind 1.jpg (500x460, 79K)

All three of those are prequels, though.

Attached: tactics-ogre-usa.jpg (600x604, 107K)

I had a half-orc rogue with 18 strength and dexterity, and an intelligence of 5. He was a failure as a skill-monkey but stealth-axing people and smashing open any lock I couldn't pick was hilarious.

Even in OD&D, DM usually allowed you a switch of characteristic (strenght for fighters, intelligence for wizards, wisdom for clerics ecc)

Is Matsuno even working on anything? Last I heard about him, he was working on that kickstarter SRPG, Unsung Story. But apparently, he's not directly involved with that project anymore.