Now that the dust has settled, was he right?

Now that the dust has settled, was he right?

Attached: 182931793821.png (727x433, 202K)

Yeah, but it's a good game

>jerk off
>get a moon

Good game but I’ll never replay it

Play the game and find out and stop asking contrarians on the internet to decide your opinions for you.

Every 3D Mario after sunshine is souless

>can't walk in a shape somewhat resembling a circle

Attached: back_away_slowly.gif (480x480, 2.73M)

>2 hour review
No thanks I've enjoyed my time with the game

this

>there were people shit enough to get filtered by trace walking

Attached: 1552331549346.png (190x319, 30K)

I remember watching his reviews for Odyssey and BOTW back when it came out and I found it interesting, however I got a switch last year and after playing the games myself have come to the conclusion he's just a turbo-sperg.

Imagine being such a worthless fucking NPC that you'd actually spend a single second watching to a nobody Youtuber lecture you about videogame opinions. Fucking hang yourselves. Fucking die.

> 2 hours to make a point
Kek

holy fucking COPE

every video essayist on youtube is just a faggot who explains the mechanics of the game ad nauseam and says why that mechanic is good or bad in their opinion
there's no objectivity.

Seems like you’re the one seething their friend, nobody cares about your shit game reviewer

No. Just some literally who trying to make a name for himself by writing sensationalist bullshit over a popular and critically acclaimed game

Yeah but it took me just 15 minutes to figure that on myself, the "coop" mode was completely retarded, I was expecting something like what A Hat in Time does, thank god I got it physical and was able to exchange it for something better

I thought it was really fun and probably the most fully realized 3d platformer I've played. However, I haven't played through galaxy or sunshine fully so I guess my opinion isn't so important.

>cope
>seething
>obsessed
>yikes
>git gud
>cringe
>dilate
>oof

Filter when?

>super mario galaxy
>soulless

Attached: 1390244638857.png (799x799, 614K)

>two fucking hour review

Hell, I agree with the title, it's good but utterly forgettable but there's no need to waste two hours on a video about it.

"its no masterpiece" what a fucking douche

I would never listen to the opinion of some that thinks that walking in a circle is an unffair challange.

Didn't anyone else get an uneasy feeling when playing this game? The worlds felt really off to me and by the end when you get to the moon, it's pretty eerie.

It was forgotten really fast, so yes, he's right.

>reviewer talking about the boss rush mode in Mushroom Kingdom
>"this isn't new content, this is tweaked, recycled content that has been made slightly more difficult"

Attached: 1420480917395.png (1000x700, 512K)

What's stopping you?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-23_21-26-14.png (314x244, 9K)

Reminder that Joseph Anderson is a psuedo intellectual faggot who got pissed when his senpai didn't notice him.

i've played video games since before I can remember, am 32 now, and honestly platformers were never really that fun to me and i never really enjoyed mario games, though i did 100% 64

hold up

how the fuck did you see his post

Attached: 1521990873271.png (645x730, 27K)

I’m
And literally just told you to form your own opinion.
You don’t even know what I think of the game, and I don’t care if you love it or hate it.

No one on this board actually uses filters, it's just something you say when you have no counter arguments.

>no counter argument to “cope”
Yeah it’s hard to argue with something that isn’t even a point to begin with.

He is right that Odyssey is not a masterpiece, but his reasoning for that is idiotic. It's like if somebody said... I don't know, "Stalin was bad" which is true, but then their argument continued to "because was a big stupid poo-poo head" so all the wind was taken out of what they were saying.

So pretty much like every e-celeb that Yea Forums worships, right?

Sunshine is the definition of soulless.
>introduced the Mario equivalent of Scrappy Doo that's been stuck to the series ever since.

Its the soul

It's pretty funny.
>Joseph
>"New God of War is so good, it's absolutely a masterpiece!"
>No response from anybody of note
>Matthew
>"New God of War has some issues and is not forward-thinking."
>The actual devs watch the video and thank him for his input

Who?

So is he the kind of guy who just makes videos like this for games that are extremely well liked just to be contrarian and get easy views and comments from riled up fans?

Speaking of, why wasn’t Jr. at the wedding?

if somebody hits all of your filters alarms go off and you are taken directly to it

His best point in the whole video is that transformations restrict your moveset rather than build on it, but he spends a few minutes on this at most. Another great point near the start is that the game was supposed to be like 64 or Sunshine in level design, but the actual levels play more like those from Galaxy. The dumbest thing he does though is try to group moons as filler or not filler, and spends a huge portion of the video doing this. Overall I'd say he's sort of correct, but his analysis doesn't go deep enough - he's just stating some flaws but not completely analyzing them. That would be okay for a normal reviewer, but the video is 2 hours long. It's a missed opportunity.

Screaming E-Celeb about everyone regardless of merit makes you a faggot. MM and Ross aren't E-Celebs. Joseph Anderson is. Learn the difference

I put it together in response to his post. Notice how it's the same list of words in the same order.

Attached: 1553726884211.gif (384x304, 593K)

I'd say so it's my least favourite 3D mainline Mario game.

>everyone will talk about Odyssey, Galaxy, 64
>forget about this le gem
feels bad
this one was genuinely enjoyable and fun__________

Attached: super kino 3d world.jpg (709x473, 150K)

based

The town made Mario stupid.

>tfw this game will never be ported to switch and played more widely now that it's being replaced by mario maker

basedboy

It's shit.

>man who liked fallout 76 has poor taste in videogames

no shit

Attached: Am I disabled.png (546x424, 192K)

Most soulless 3D Mario to date.
And I hate the soul/soulless meme.

Odyssey seemed to go out of its way to ignore Sunshine as much as possible

The capture mechanic was neat, but I found the game to be boring overall. I blame the moons feeling less rewarding is to blame, quality > quantity.

A few good ideas here and there can't carry an entire game, it felt a lot like a compilation of modded levels rather than anything with a cohesive vision. Even the worlds themes didn't translate into the levels rendering the world maps useless because they don't even make sense.

mario odyssey is comfy. that guy just didn't like chill moons because he didn't understand mario's laid back lifestyle.

why can't they just make mario's long jump good again

because it is so fucking overpowered in 64

>Isle Delfino was cut from the map screen during development
I will never not be mad

Attached: mariorage.jpg (466x351, 22K)

Sunshinebabs BTFO

Holy shit it's so fucking obvious that his opinions piss you all off so hard. Some of the comments here are just frothing with rage and bitterness that someone would dare make a long review video

>le

I think a 3D World port is pretty likely since I'm certain they had to port a lot of the game over to Switch in order to use its assets in Mario Maker 2, the developers talked about that being a challenge so I can't see that effort being wasted

It's really great, the problem is replaybility. Like with botw, there's too much emphasis on exploration, so replaying it and knowing everything isn't as appealing.

>buys platformers for co-op
fucking zoomer

I’m starting to realize a lot of shit heads that suck at 3D platformers try to blame the game and are extreme casuals and want things given to them

If you actually complain about Odyssey, Banjo Tooie and/or DK64, you are revealing yourself as a garbage casual who hates putting work at finding things and wants things given to you on a silver platter and pretend “”””””difficulty”””””” was the issue

Is he too dumb or too autistic to make a script?
There are a few non-issues he kept streching over 20 minutes multiple times, my issue isn't even the opinions themself because those they're easily debunked, it's the poor structure of the whole video that's offputting.

>Stars video off talking about the difference between Nioh and Dark Souls and then spends the rest of the video whining that the moons in Mario Odyssey weren't more challenging
This already shows he had the wrong mindset when going into the game and expected it to be something else, thus ruining any chance for objectivity.

i've been thinking about getting a switch lately.
have a pc and ps4, just need something more to fill my time, havent had a nintendo product since 2003.
What do you guys think? maybe BOTW, Odyssey, Xenoblade and something else. IDK, smash and mhgu?

This is soul

Attached: soul.gif (480x270, 1.99M)

THE

Tropical Freeze

>putting DK64 into the same category as Odyssey and Tooie
DK64 is a soulless, tedious, unfun piece of shit.

Attached: 1459984874523.png (476x246, 61K)

Nah. For the most part it's a modern 3D collectathon-platformer done right.

Attached: bunners.jpg (1280x1486, 481K)

cool, gonna get it then.
watching this autist talk about BOTW now. seems kinda cool. I think i'll get it, but idk

Too short imo. Most general fun in a game I had for a long time tbqh

He's right but he's still dumb and the video is bad.
He could have easily made the same point on 1/4 the time.

TOWN

I want to put a bun in that bunny

That is correct.

Attached: 1497419284687.png (689x671, 142K)

This

I’m not against his point, it’s the fact that he thinks he needs to stretch the time out when he keeps repeating the same garbage

I didn’t watch the video but I’m going to assume he complains about the tracing minigame

Why do anderson threads bring out the most retarded people on this board. I haven't read a single comment in here that actually addressed any of his points in his videos without actually just lying about what he said. I don't think there's another e-celeb that triggers autist fanboys more.

>the game is bad because it’s not challenging the way I WANT it to be

This sounds like Josh bitching about Luigi’s Mansion 3 not being dark enough and pretending cartoony bad

almost a masterpiece you mean...

Dunkey does because Yea Forums shitposts every single opinion he has and pretends he LIKES COMPANY, HATES COMPANY when he really doesn’t

Dunkey not liking Splatoon doesn’t mean he hates Nintendo when he loves their their games and vice versa with Sony games

You know that good game? IT'S BAD ACTUALLY. Follow me on Patreon for more intellectual takes.

>not even mentions the parallel between the history of humanity from pre-history to space travel and the evolution of Mario from 8-bit to what it is today or the weird contrasting elements like ice in the desert with an upside down pyramid
You'd guess that a "writer" would have a better eye for this kind of detail

My problem with people being “brutally honest” “critical” are when their faggot dicksucking fan base treat them like an omen and use it as an excuse to tell you to shut the fuck and consume the video.

You know what was based? Beta64 getting BTFO by his fans when his smash Ultimate video was absolute garbage and he admitted they were right.

Other people will pull reasons out of their ass to defend other people’s dumbass videos

Well it is a surprisingly forgettable Mario game.

Attached: Joseph Anderson plays Super Mario Odyssey.gif (240x184, 837K)

>the fanboy who thought Joseph Anderson hated BotW
where is he now