Majora's Mask

Literally and unironically the best Zelda of all time

Attached: zelda_majoras_mask_3d.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQdVrQofPis
pastebin.com/XypAqyS5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't want to admit it but it's true

It's not but it has the most kino atmosphere by far
youtube.com/watch?v=HQdVrQofPis

Nah BOTW is a way better game, Majora is ass to play and just aesthetic the game

I cannot argue against that

only incels think MM is good
>durr hurr its so DARK and GRITTY and DEEP
>MUH ATMOSPHERE
imagine being so contrarian you pretend this tech demo-esque piece of shit is actually a better game than OoT or BoTW

The N64 version, yes. 3DS version fucked it up it subtle and not-so-subtle ways like how spinning off a ledge and onto water as Deku Link no longer makes him skip across the water faster. Or how every boss is an eyeball boss for absolutely no good reason. Nintendo apparently thinks the kiddies that play the game will be too fucking retarded to just hit the bosses wherever when they're stunned. Meaning, you can ram Ghot's ass with a spike Goron roll. You have to awkwardly stop rolling and position yourself so you can punch it or take off the mask to sword swing at it, absolutely killing the flow. It was neat that they added the wrestling moves to the Twinmold fight, but the implementation was poor.

Its a shame modern Zelda is so terrible

Attached: sad_lastday.jpg (2500x1550, 859K)

HOLY BASED

dude....so edgy and deep...........woah..........

Soul

>buh buh barf of the wild is so much better though! It is bigger and stuff! Stinky ol muhjora and its unbased time mechanic that filtered me!!!!!

Attached: 1560591616928.jpg (900x900, 83K)

>Muh open world

Attached: ZomboMeme 23062019200306.jpg (651x483, 85K)

>serious and nonsatirical game BAD
Zoom zoom

You're criticizing the people who like the game and not the game itself. Hate on the game but don't hate on the game like a teenaged girl does

Anyone notice how the horror elements in nu-Zelda have pretty much vanished? It was a huge part of the atmosphere in the older games and its absence has taken a huge toll on the series.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 81K)

yup

too many fetch quests
too much time walking back and forth
best atmosphere in the series though for sure

Fuck you ALBW was good.

Yep mm was the best. It’s been all downhill since then.

Attached: 6C64F0AA-A988-4BB2-8963-4BAF986E0070.jpg (2048x1320, 201K)

>89
oh no
oh nononononono

Attached: 89.png (686x337, 118K)

That was just technical limitations/devs figuring out how to do things
Its not just nintendo that it happened to, once they knew exactly how to get what tey wanted they did, if they could they would have given us "nu" from the start

>It was a huge part of the atmosphere in the older games
Does WW count as part of the "older games"?

Attached: redead.gif (500x320, 492K)

Aunuma is terrible and nutendo sucks

what the fuck dude was malon going to milk her sister and drink her milk?

fucking hot

nah, it marks the infantilization of the franchise

and i dont say that because of the artstyle

hard disagree
The atmosphere is great and the time system was interesting but it ultimately works to its detriment as Zelda gameplay and time limits don't mesh that well together. The world also isn't as good as many other installments.

So good I made an autistic pastebin detaily fantasy for a modern equivalent.
pastebin.com/XypAqyS5
Majora's Mask is seriously the best game of all time.

Attached: maxresdefault(7).jpg (1280x720, 97K)

what about TP?

I actually like TP better
And not just for Midnabutt

infantilized as well

i already said its not about the artstyle or how it looks visually

So what is it then

>And not just for Midnabutt
Uh huh, suuuure.

Attached: DDivq2fUMAAt3mH.jpg (1200x1157, 115K)

detailing

N64 fans hated that version anyway

Honestly Wind Waker or Twilight Princess could have mopped the floor with Ocarina and maybe even Majora's Mask had Aonuma actually put his heart into them.

Not Skyward Sword though. Fuck that shit.

So, Cremia got her little sister drunk.

On 3ds

good thing we have based and redpilled BoTW to completely btfo the N64 games

the themes, the depth of the characters and story, the indirect lore put into the game, the subtleties, the way it expects you to understand your goal and what you have to do, the game design

all of which were gone by wind waker

dont think for a second twilight princess is dark, twilight princess is what a 10 year old thinks is dark

*blocks your path*

Attached: 220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Twilight_Princess_Game_Cover.jpg (220x312, 27K)

So she wouldn't be scared when the destruction began.

bunch of nostalgia shit user
>the way it expects you to understand your goal and what you have to do
yeah the notebook
Jesus how embarrassing

midna is the only good thing about TP

user, please, we're trying to have a serious discussion here.

Makes sense to me that it has a meta score lower than botw: it appeals to a more niche audience. Botw was so fucking vacuous and gay I put it down after about 20 hours when it dawned on me that it was a shallow, repetitive pile of garbage. That Zelda disappointed me worse than skyward sword had

Link to the Past.
Ocarina of Time.
Oracle of Seasons.
Breath of the Wild.

All better games.

Attached: Jean Gay.jpg (384x307, 20K)

Only people with no creativity or intrinsic motivation say shit like this. BOTW should at the very least last you 50 hours before you get bored.

>Oracle of the anything
I'm not trying to shitpost: What did anons who like these games like about them? They felt like reading fanfics vs the real thing to me.

3D is the worst thing to happen to the franchise. Zelda peaked with minish cap.

>3D
I'm surprised the remake got that high, it actually nerfed a shit ton of gameplay

I've put over 200 hours into the Witcher 3, and still going. That game is
intriguing non-stop. Botw is a gay, repetitive, vacuous cash in on the modern retard video game audience who like trash

Can't believe they ruined the bosses in 3D

What are some other games that have the same feeling of impending doom found in Majora's mask?

what do you expect? nu-nintendo are only catering to their waning horde of manchildren and niggers

real life

We NEED another time-constrained side quests oriented game with Transformation Masks again instead of this open world shit.

Watch as they ignore the "OoT" style for like 10 years then bring it back as a shambling abomination that exagerates it's faults just like Mario's Collectathon Odyssey did to 3D Mario.

Rated E for everyone.

>expects you to understand your goal

OoT
>link go get those magic stones to open door.
>oops, now save sages

MM
>north, south, east, west. go. free them.

WW
>link get magic orbs
>now free sages

TP
>i need my hat back link, go it now!
>oops, I need my mirror back link, do it now!

What did you mean? honestly? All the games are pretty fucking straight forward about what you need to do, what the out come is and why you are doing it. Stop being a faggot. I say this as someone who enjoyed all four.

This is pretty widely acknowledged. I'm not sure why you are stating it in such a way as if it is 'controversial' to say this.

the 4 dungeons are boring, the sidequests are the highlight of the game.

How did you not have fun during the bosses?

They had enjoyable dungeons, good puzzles, unique characters, the ring system and the linked game idea was neat. I still prefer links awakening over both of them though

based and majorapilled

Attached: 1921912938131093.jpg (596x491, 36K)

The boss fights are cool, the overall dungeons are tiresome.

It's the worst 3D Zelda

- weak dungeons and only 4 of them
- relies excessively on repetition and checking your personal organiser to meet up with NPCs
- no sense of adventure, you're essentially in prison
- solutions to puzzles defy logic and often rely on random experimentation
- environment is small and unsatisfying
- Clock Town outstays its fucking welcome and then some

It's for pretentious contrarians who never actually liked Zelda in the first place

Attached: 1560876598074.jpg (510x646, 99K)

And it improved everything else

Fair enough

how the fuck so? all it did good was give fishing.

OoT was post-Resident Evil and a lot of Japanese games flirted with horror at the time

Attached: legendofzeldatheocarina.jpg (500x375, 52K)

I wonder if redeads will ever return

Ths bosses are actually ruined.

All 3d zelda's were post RE, you twat

How fucking retarded can someone be?

What a piece of shit

>doesn't know OoT was the first 3D Zelda
Zoom

It is tho no matter how much ya bitch.

I was an idiot and didn't use the Giant mask during the Sand Worm boss fight and had to beat him as tiny Link. The fight was intense as fuck for my younger self.

Jesus user, I can only imagine the rage you must have felt.

More like adrenaline since having to run to the stones to have the worm break them was tons of fun. The sand slows you so I used up all of my faries before I beat him, 10/10 boss battle but I felt like such an idot later when I realized the mask only works in that area.