What is your experience with pre-ordering games?

What is your experience with pre-ordering games?

Attached: 1560870055415.jpg (1280x1440, 152K)

I've never done it.

Attached: cf.png (830x527, 335K)

In the olden days: Amazon and Best Buy would give me 20% off, and games would arrive on the date of release

Now: Every game costs $59.99 at launch, then $49.99 two weeks from launch.

Attached: Why would you shoot a dog, before throwing them from a plane.webm (360x360, 1.46M)

Nothing. I preorder from Amazon and get the game on release day.

haha

Pretty good, got a blue goku figure from the fighterz pre order

I only do it if I'm getting a limited edition or if there's a preorder bonus I want.

good for niche games

it's been years but exclusively for midnight launch stuff since I live UTC+12

Used to get cool physical bonuses and reserved your copy at stores. Last one I preordered was Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 and it came with a combo flashlight + toolkit.

I've never pre-ordered a game.

Attached: 1557135734948.jpg (750x750, 78K)

I only preorder games I know I'm going to like, and only a day before it comes out just so I can pre-download it.

This
and doing so seems like a bad idea.

Because reasons.

Attached: rtert4554534.png (649x468, 328K)

only time I did it was like a day in advance when I had already seen the reviews filtering in

Bad

I would make tea with her socks.

>show up
>they've got a ton of copies regardless
>there was no reason to preorder

Last game I pre-ordered was Mass Effect 2 on Amazon.

I only buy digital now, and alot of games tend to have some stupid pre order content bonus gimick. So If I plan to buy a game at launch, I pre order and pre load it a day or two before.

I pre-ordered only 2 games, first was Pokemon sun, not much satisfied but not much disappointed.
The second is cyberpunk, mostly because
it is CD-PROJEKT-RED.

I never had to pre-order games, and I'm glad I haven't yet. Because I'm sure it isn't good, that's the impression that I get!

My last brick and mortar was pretty good.

>go to Gamestop to finally get in on the Switch
>dude wants me to pre-order Smash
>"They're gonna go fast, we're gonna run out!"
>Thank him for his time, finish my purchase, go home and buy digitally

Whew lad those pre-orders sure are meaningful these days. Throw in a gift or get fucked. I still got a little phoenix wright keychain doll from like 8 years back.

I never bought a game.

I have a framed picture of niko bellic because blockbuster had a cheaper pre-order for gta iv than everyone else. Besides that I got the fo3 special edition. Never really pre ordered after that I think. Maybe for halo 3

What's the point for pre ordering nowadays? Games don't sell out and
you usually get some tacky toy or some minor in-game bonus.

haven't pre-ordered a game since trauma team back in 2010

Attached: 1557412623161.gif (480x270, 1.48M)

Like barely 10 years ago, maybe less if I wanted a less than super-popular game I would have to pre order it at my local gamestop to make sure they actually stocked it and held on to MY copy and sometimes you'd get a little trinket or something fun for it. Now all you get for pre-ordering is some wank in-game skin and it doesn't matter if you do or don't because any game gets a million copies in stock in any store. I don't even go to stores anymore I just use amazon for physical copy games and I only hit the pre-order button on a game I know I 100% want on day 1, and even then I wait till about a week or 2 before release

Attached: 1451777128311.png (500x374, 115K)

Last game I preordered was Ni no kuni 2

still haven't played it lol.

First game I ever pre-ordered was Kid Icarus Uprising, I was really excited to actually be able to play a game on the same day it came out.
I still pre-order to this day, I like feeling of commitment when buying games in advance, it makes me think "I'm going to play this on day one, no matter what!"

Attached: 1540380122322.gif (163x160, 18K)

What kind of whore takes her socks off in public

Attached: 1561152206731.png (800x840, 117K)

I really only do it if there is a bonus like a key chain or something

God FUCKING DAMMIT

Used to pre order sometimes, but decided its just not worth it when half the time the game gets canceled or the devs make alterations that weren't advertised.

>pre ordering games

Attached: 1528030782648.jpg (1440x2560, 1.17M)