Will boomers ever throw in the towel and admit Doom 2016 was a good game?

Will boomers ever throw in the towel and admit Doom 2016 was a good game?

Attached: Doom_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
dhewm3.org/
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/bdv21-monsters-only-version
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/bolognese-gore-mod-v20
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many times are you going to repost this gay ass argument? Boomers don’t have a problem with it, only larping zoomers do.

Attached: 1F265C1E-3B49-475B-A1D8-2B56D21B7AAF.jpg (1024x1024, 76K)

Boomers love DOOM16, are you fucking retarded?

>le boomer
>le zoomer
it's bad because bad game design and you can't change that.

>it's bad because i don't like how the game is designed
ftfy

Its rpgcodex tourists that hate on this game.

the games design is pretty bad desu

nope it's objectively bad watered down console shit approach to design that is completely removed from id's previous games.
id has no excuse when zero budget indie games like dusk can get it right.

Layered post-ironic anti-boomer nuzoomer flaseflagers are so bad at memes

Attached: 1503976808460.png (567x493, 499K)

I don't have a problem with nuDoom, at best I have some non-issues with it, just like I have some with Doom, 2 + expansions.

See

It's an excellent game and I'm a boomer.

31 y/o boomer here

i love the game, but on my third playthrough I will admit, sometimes i wish the combat didn't always revolve around the glory kills

like, the game never gives incentive to just unload on enemies from afar, especially when you get them to FINISH THEM mode, they tank a bunch more ammo before they go down that way

Attached: 1420249015961.jpg (437x468, 55K)

Back to rpgcodex

What the fuck is this boomer even trying to say to me? What the fuck is rpgcodex?

Game is boring as hell compared to DOOM, but the sequel looks a lot better

No because it is incredibly overrated plus zenimax forced the cucks here that run this site to have to delete all pics of the game prior to their demo videos they showed. Safe to say they shilled the hell out of this game on this board so I must always be suspicious about it.

Dont play dumb, shitposter.

My only issue with it is the alming speed and arena combat. Haste power up felt way more natural and flowed way better. Wish they'd increase the walk speed to that level. And Doom hardly locked you down, so I wasn't a huge fan of that. I did enjoy making levels more vertical.

>cant use fists as main weapon
>ripping and tearing is secondary to shitty generic shooting
>fuck you

Attached: 1451420484651.gif (500x282, 156K)

???

Glory kills
Enemy limit
Hiding praetor chips or whatever they're called to pad length

the three biggest flaws in that order
I liked the game but there were missteps

Glory kills were fine. I don't understand this meme. On higher difficulties you can't spam it because you don't get I-frames during the animation and enemies deal high damage. You can easily die from a poorly timed glory kill. Its a nice risk-reward mechanic. The only real flaw you posted was the enemy limit and you didn't even mention the actual main flaw of the game which is the level design.

That's how Doom is suppose to be nigger. In your fucking face brutal not some slow paced shit.

I love all of those mechanics.

God your lips are so big and beautiful baby girl.

I will NEVER back down it's a piece of shit that spits on everything the series stood for

Why would I admit to something that isn't true?

Prove it.
I am unbiased. I started with the og Doom then played brutal doom then played Doom 2016 and all of them are great.
Doom 2016 has a really nice classic feel to it.
Only complaint is how easy it was for most of the game.

If I'm 29 and I played Doom at age 6 on the red SNES cartridge, am I a boomer?

I like nuDoom. It's not as cool as Doom, but it's good.

Very Boomer

Why is it not as cool, nigger?

>this faggot doesn't just shotgun everything straight to the head
It's not Call of Duty, retard.

Attached: 823758972.png (600x473, 743K)

SHUT UP BOOMER

>everything the series stood for

Yeah, that DOOM, taking a stand for/against the (...) and fighting for the (...) of the (...)

A trailblazer and a statesman, a true something or other.

Attached: 1460145001456.png (324x299, 30K)

If you have enough health you should never have to worry about glory kills. On the last levels of the game I only used the gauss and rocket while jumping around enemies without ever getting a glory kill.

Boomer and Zoomer have gone too far. Shut the fuck up.

>implying?

Attached: 1557221979267.jpg (449x498, 29K)

It is a great game, but like Doom 3 its missing some things that make it a true successor to Doom though not the same things that Doom 3 lacked.

Well, at least I'm not just stuck in the past. I like some new vidya. Kenshi is awesome.
WADs are one reason

Agreed. Everyone shut up about Boomer and Zoomer, shit always leads to “new bad old good!”

That glory kill thing is a stupid mechanic that hurts the combat severely and the level design is awful.

>arena fight the game

only once they're senile

The real question is when will you boomers admit that this was clearly the best game in the series?

Attached: Doom-64-672x372.jpg (672x372, 45K)

The PC remake thingy is cool.

Why do people have a problem with arenas? Never understood that argument. If the arena is designed in a fun way, with environmental use, I dont see any problem with it at all.

I just think it's fun as fuck

Shut the fuck up Boomer.

>Everytime see Doom thread
>Hope it's lore thread and people talking about cool shit or gameplay
>It's just boomer vs zoomer garbage.

i thought it was nice but it's easier than the original which is stupid

I've only played the demo but I didn't like that glory kills are basically forced on you because enemies gain a ton of damage resistance while they stand there and wait for you to walk up and press the I win button.

>le Doom is supposed to be le RIP AND TEAR XDD
It's so easy to spot zoomers

>Will boomers ever throw in the towel
Is it no longer trying to appeal to that crowd anymore? They changed all the monster designs to appease them, I guess Bethesda’s now being bitter as fuck.
Anyways, game’s far from bad. It’s also far from worth the initial $60 sale price. It’s a neat shooter to see after tons of slow-ass military sims, but it’s nowhere near the this messiah of shooting nirvana. It’s held back by the same shit that lead to all these slow shooters, consoles and gamepads.
There is some dumb shit thrown in though, like the progression. I never saw ANY reason to not level up ammo first, and glory kills are actually kind of balanced on nightmare until the speed and distance upgrades break it.

Attached: BD8FB8AE-A44A-424F-913C-8CA861EA6F7F.gif (512x512, 716K)

why should they? just enjoy the game and let them play what they want

What is your problem?

because level design

Progressing through levels is fun. Shooting bad guys is fun. Nu Id Soft aren’t as good at combining the two, and NuDoom is one or the other: You’re either fighting a stream of bad dudes in a giant area that may or may not have jump pads for some reason, or going through elaborate hallways with insanely light combat.
Funny enough, I loved combing through Doom 3’s levels but the fighting and numbers didn’t hold up - but I could mod it at least.

Most of the "purist" bitching about boomer game IPs is actually zoomers larping. Just ignore it. I'm an actual 34 year old boomer who has trophies from tournaments for a lot of these old games these larpers obsess over and I assure you no one that was actually part of the scene on any level holds any of the fake oldfag opinions here.

And Romero literally recently released a new mappack reaffirming how it’s supposed to be done.

Romero likes 2016 Doom though.

good but overrated

It's a slow easy modern fps game with kill cams that restore your health. It's not even a real doom game.

needed more actual occult dark shit

apart from the lame "glory kills" nu-Doom was pretty good. 8/10 Doom game.

No one said he didn’t but I appreciate the (you).

YOU CAN'T MOD IT. FUCK DOOM 2016 AND FUCK BETHESDA id SOFTWARE. RIP OPEN SOURCE DOOM. RIP USER MADE MAPS.

So we all agree that Blood was better?

I never said its bad, I said its not the saviour of FPS.
And that glory kills are meaningless shit, much like the upgrade system.
Its a solid 6.5/10. In actual value, not retarded game journos numbers.

"muh mods"
fuck off. just let the newer take on doom be its own thing.

>Slow as shit
>Like really fucking slow
>Corridor, Arena, Corridor, Arena, Corridor, Arena
>Positional audio is completely fucked
>Audio levels and mixing are completely fucked
>QTE glory kills that not only give you health, but allow you to magically teleport through solid objects and up ledges
>Chainsaw is some gimmicky offhand QTE weapon for ammo drops

Nah, 2016 can fuck right off.

the fuck does that have to do with user made maps? why can't it be it's own thing and still have modding?

The reviews and praise from doom fans outside Yea Forums say you can go fuck yourself.

go back

>The reviews
I love 2016, but holy shit fuck right off. vidya """journalism""" is a joke

Can some boomers recommend me some of the absolute best of Doom wads/mods? Like the ones that you think are must plays? I just finished Plutonia and I have mixed feeling about it. Basically my thoughts boil down to
>level design = good
>chaingunner spam = bad

go back to your midis boomer

>LMAO IT'S JUST LIKE DOOM 1-2
>REMEMBER HOW DOOM 1-2 WAS JUST A CHAIN OF MP ARENAS FULL OF BOTS LMAO
How the fuck were zoomers duped into this, mind boggling. It's an alright game, but it plays almost exactly like Quake 3 with bots used to play.

Wow what a bitch. You can still be “your own thing” and still allow mods. It also literally makes everyone happy.
In theory. In actuality, consoles can’t dig it. Shitty snapmap with its limits was the extent they’d give us, and all the fuckboys playing Skyrim and Fallout 4 on consoles will flip their fucking lid at PC getting all these cooler tools, creating gameplay they can’t handle. We saw this happen already with the huge drove of retards bricking their systems with mods saying “PC ONLY”.

>waaaaaah how dare you have your own opinion
Don't you have a tide pod to be snacking on?

>b-b-b-b-but normies love it
Normies also love faggots, what now faggot

It sounds to me you are just forcing your own opinion as fact

A good modern Doom game would have portions very close to what Agony has

>appeals to authority
>says somebody else is forcing their opinion as facts
Funny because by saying WELL EVERYONE ELSE AGREES WITH ME you literally are forcing your opinion as fact, mr faggot

>The reviews
Reviewers think anything harder than Candy Crush is the Dark Souls of [genre]. Of course they'd think Doom 2016 is "hardcore."

Instead of arguing, let us laugh at the mentally impaired
youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8
Even by console gameplay this was so bad.

Attached: Dude.gif (488x519, 415K)

>call of duty metacritic scores
>sports game metacritic scores
I kind of forget how disgusting these get, and helps to remind you to deflate any attempted, actual opinion from these major game sites.

How fucking insecure are you that someone having an opinion that differs from your own triggers you this fucking much?

Are you shaking right? I bet you're shaking, maybe a few flosses will calm you down.

Then what fucking critics are trustworthy except anyone on here because god forbid anyone here has played a game before talking shit.

>the devs of 2016 even admit the level design in 2016 was trash
>one of the main things Hugo said they are improving in Eternal is the level design and that there is going to be more of a focus on encounters outside of arenas
Also why can't you fucking boomers just be happy we got a game similar in the vein of classic FPS games? With no reloading/iron sights/regenerating health, etc. And that the devs clearly care about making a quality product? Did you faggot not see what Doom 4 was originally supposed to be? It was going to be another CoD clone but they scrapped it and made what we got instead. And you still fucking bitch and moan because of muh arenas. Fucking pathetic. Die of old age you fucking boomers.

Google “Cacowards.” There’s your levels. Now for gameplay mods?
>vanilla gameplay but with nicer visuals
Smooth Doom, Beautiful Doom
>vanilla gameplay but better
Babel.
>brutal doom but not retarded
Project Brutality.
>just fuck my shit up
Hideous Destructor.

Attached: 6BB3AF4C-ECE7-4B3E-A201-8FAC3079549A.png (63x66, 16K)

>With no iron sights/regenerating health, etc
It literally has iron sights and endless health from glory kills you retarded ass zoomer.

>Then what fucking critics are trustworthy except anyone on here
People you know, gaming communities you’re a part of. Not the same places ADVERTISING those same games.

Do you think we are going to get a Doom Eternal version of D4D/D4T?

Did you forget to take your medication, Grandpa? Do you not remember what either of those things are?

You seem mad.

there is no such thing as an objectively bad game
only absolutely universally true things are objectively true, game design is 100% opinion-based

Do youtube critics count?

I installed crispy doom and literally every time i open it it opens for a second does nothing and then disappears, my computer is a shit but i didn't think it was that much of a shit, any advice on this i couldn't find anything on google for it.

I dunno, shit like Plumbers don't wear ties and Paintbrawl are awful games that I am sure everyone would agree with.

Might want to ease up on the adderall kid, it's rotting your brain.

Attached: Yikes.jpg (730x411, 126K)

hideous destructor is tense and great when you learn how to play it

>Also why can't you fucking boomers just be happy we got a game similar in the vein of classic FPS games?
I AM very happy for Dusk. It looks worse than Quake but at least keeps out the shit you don’t need in an FPS, like leveling stats and attempting interesting fights throughout the whole level and not just an arena.
And yea NuDoom is fun. Not this “HOLY DICK FUCK MY ASS DOOM IS BAAAA” shit but okay.

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

I'm still waiting for Argent to get the Multiplayer weapons

I guess Doom 1 has ironsights as well

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20171126_002247.png (1024x768, 358K)

That's the centered weapons option you dumb ass.

Even if every person on the planet agrees, that's still opinion-based and not objective truth.
An objective statement would be
>All Matter is composed of smaller particles we call atoms

>one fucking weapon that you never use has ironsights
>lol I win zoomer!!!
This is your brain on monster zero ultra

Yeah its amazing, has my favorite double barreled shotgun.

>it looks worse than Quake
Yeah I really do love brown castles, brown castles and also brown castles. Really interesting looking stuff.

Baiting or just retarded? You could've used the two weapons that have actual scope attachments for fuck sakes.

thank you

Yeah but, what is the BEST level pack? Like something that will just blow my mind?

Ancient Aliens never fails.

WOOD

Then you’ll love Dusk because it’s that with LESS detail. Not sure what you’re saying; I think you misread my post.

Damn looked it up and it looks really cool. Thanks user.

>Yeah but, what is the BEST level pack?
Out of the hundreds? Well shit we can do some more modern stuff:
Back to Saturn X
Ancient Aliens
Going Down

But I think Rekkr blew my mind the most.

You can make a case for this about anything. Everything is subjective. Some people like feces, and pain.

The game is alright but doesn't stack up to any old school shooter that it pretends to copy off of. Also its incredibly easy and still full of plenty of contemporary mechanics like most other modern shooters. Full of potential but nothing worth the title of a true doom successor.

Attached: 1507077320815.jpg (285x352, 20K)

If you were just saying that Dusk looks worse than Quake on strictly a technical level, than you're right I misunderstood your post and I apologize. But while its graphics are worse, Dusk has way more variety in visuals and way more color. Quake's graphics are technically better but its an ugly fucking game because the locations themselves are ugly as fuck. Dusk has a LOT of striking visuals and variety in its environments whereas Quake is just boring to look at most of the time.

38 years old
Doom was pretty much my first PC game when I was young.
I can admit that Doom 2016 was good.
I didn't buy it until it was on sale, but I had a good time with it.
The soundtrack was great, movement felt good, and the gauss cannon gives me a semi.

Where is this meme that old school Doom was hard? Its fucking easy as hell on UV. Even easier than Doom 4 on its second highest difficulty. Nightmare is obviously more of a challenge but that was mainly because they were dicks and made enemies respawn. Its just not fun and don't you faggots try to pretend you played Doom on nightmare more than a few times.

that all said though, on replays the design around going from arena fight to arena fight can feel a little contrived, and fuck calling him "Doom Slayer" he's Doomguy or "the Marine", but I prefer Doomguy.

>But while its graphics are worse, Dusk has way more variety in visuals and way more color.
“Variety” including soldiers with gasmasks, flannel wearing chainsaw dudes, and some hooded cultists - in much lower detail.
I guess that balances out? But I love Quake’s environments, probably helps that I love Silent Hill too. Doom and Duke and Heretic gave me all the color I wanted at the time, and then Unreal came around to give that colorful 3D engine so I really have no problem with Quake’s direction.

I'd compare nudoom more to quake1 than the original doom and it doesn't even have to be harder than quake 1 on hard (which it isn't). The game's AI is just garbage and super easy even on the hardest difficulty. Its just not satisfying and the character has too many things that trivialize the already easy combat. I beat the game on nightmare my first playthrough without upgrades or traits. Challenge is an enjoyable part of fpses and nudoom fails at it.

>Will boomers ever throw in the towel and admit Doom 2016 was a good game?
Maybe when Doom 2016 stops being mediocre shit full of nu-FPS garbage LMFAO.

>decide to try old doom to see what these faggot boomers are always gushing about
>can't even look up or down
boomers are even more retarded and nostalgia-ridden than i expected

>linear level design
>no ammo management whatsoever so just spam whatever gun you feel like using
>5 different upgrade systems that are all boring
>side areas are useless because they only exist to feed you upgrade tokens and 90% of upgrades are boring and unnecessary
>"arena with enemies spawning in waves" over and over and over
>pistol is pointless
>chainsaw is literally just a cinematic takedown weapon
>can't use fists
>4-5 second long animation every time you interact with anything in the environment
It's a very pretty, very well made and enjoyable game but it leaves a bit hollow feeling after you're done. Like it could've been a lot more.

Attached: 1525575260700.jpg (640x458, 89K)

>Where is this meme that old school Doom was hard?
Not that user I generally compare it to all the classic Dooms, even fan made stuff.

what?

Attached: .......jpg (259x259, 8K)

Is DOOM 3 worth playing?
I never got the chance to play it when it was released and kinda forgot about it.

Attached: 12312313.jpg (616x353, 43K)

It's worth a playthrough, but just don't expect either new or old DOOM.

It's a solid and well made game on it's own. Especially if you like System Shock/Bioshock.
Don't play the BFG edition, though. Get the original and use the dhewm3 sourceport for a smoother experience.
dhewm3.org/

its a good sci-fi adventure fps
but not really a good doom game when compared to the classic dooms
still a blast to playthrough
get the BFG edition that comes with the No Rest For The Living wad for classic doom
tomorrow is steam sale and all the old doom games usually go 90% off
would be a good time to grab them
also the steam version of final doom is fixed and doesnt have the bug on TNT megawad so that would be nice to grab too
all you really need for the classic doom games is the wad files and gzdoom and the replayability is pretty much endless

Attached: 40A8S1K.png (1024x1447, 1.45M)

I wouldn't say EVERYTHING is subjective, just most things. Objectivity should be reserved for definitively proven things.

no it's shit

>Enemy limit
>Over relience on glory kills
>Level design that seems to favor form over function
>Locks you into arenas every 30 sec
>Shitty rpg mechanics that is just there to limit content consumption
>Awful multiplayer component
>No proper mod support, just some shitty atempt at a level editor

The game isn't bad, just mediocre. Mostly thanks to the new additions to the game. It mostly gets a pass thanks to the fact that it has been one of the only AAA arena shooters released in over a decade.

Pain is objectively negative so that's not a good example.

Eternal looks like a massive improvement in nearly every way, I'm glad they've taken the almost non-existant criticism to heart.

No it isn't. Pain isn't bad if you're a masochist, inflicting pain isn't bad if a wolf is eating your child. There are situations where pain is considered good, so pain cannot be objectively bad.

Pain literally means your body is getting destroyed.

I liked it.
t. 33 year old boomer

That can't be factually proven to be bad.

o shit a mother fucking DOOM THREAD

Brutal Doom Monsters Only has been updated to v21

moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/bdv21-monsters-only-version

this only changes the monstyers the character weapons and inventory remain vanilla so you can either play it with no weapons mod or with any other weapon/character mod

Attached: 2019-06-21_21_43_37-ZANDRONUM_3.png (1159x719, 181K)

no

Shit man you got them lmao. Nice one.

Attached: premium.jpg (125x118, 2K)

Doom 64 is dog shit. its basically Doom 3 with no cutscense, but ugly models, and mediocre level design. now that i typed this i realize that this game and doom 3 share those last too

Is there a version of Brutal Doom with JUST the gore system and nothing else changed? Like, normal monsters and everything?

Is this what you are looking for, user?

moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/bolognese-gore-mod-v20

Doom 4 isn't even Doom, it's fuckin' Quake 7 with a half-assed Doom reskin. It's pretty good by modern shooter standards, but it doesn't feel like Doom at all.

Attached: image.jpg (473x527, 157K)

set gib health to 0 for shits and giggles

Snapmap was okay for what it was, but they couldn't even keep that for the new sequel and I haven't heard anything about mod support.

I'm not sure why it felt more sluggish and boring to Doom 1 and 2, but it did. The arenas got repetitive as fuck, too. Was I playing it wrong? Idk

GUYS IM AT ARGENT D'NUR AND I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN GUD
HOW DO I GIT GUD

perfect, thanks

This. Agony maybe is such a shit game mechanically, but in terms of how aggressive and fucked up the world feels it is very special. I actually couldnt put my finger on which game exactly it reminded me of, but this user is right: its definitely later levels of OG Doom.

>people hate '''''arenas'''' because they can't kite enemies in corridors
Can't make this shit up

I fucking hate corridors.
The corridor in vega central processing where two phantoms show up was fucking horrible.

Sigil is literally corridors:the wad - extreme edition

Sigil has some very nice things going for it but there are infinitely better community wads available with less frustration thrown in. I'll never look at a caco the same way after playing it.

people hate arenas because they extremely repetitive and predictable

That post reeks of console

Cause it plays more like a Painkiller rather than Doom

>dude i literally hate having to fight enemies in these well designed arenas that make use of the movement mechanics and allow me to flank enemies while having to ensure the same doesn't happen to me
Sorry you don't get to lure them into corridors my man
get gud

Boomer here, D44M was pretty okay. Not on par with 1, 2 or 64, but better than 3. It particularly excels in the department of characterizing Doomguy while keeping him a silent protagonist. Some major flaws are the linear "enter room, door locks, kill all monsters to proceed" progression and the existence of the RPG leveling mechanics. And of course the iredeemable dogshit that was the multiplayer. Solid game though.

Attached: 1545528987163.jpg (806x991, 236K)

>zoomers will never understand the context of what Doom was in 1993
it goes a lot farther than being "a good game". fact is, games with that sort of impact haven't been made since you were conscious enough to play games, so you'll never actually grasp the significance of it, and you never will because you're either part of or outnumbered by the modern audience of phone gamers

it doesn't even matter whether or not 2016 is good by modern standards, it will never live up to the original or get anywhere close. hell, even Doom 3 was already a throwaway so you might want to aim lower before you try to convince anyone that 2016 is anything more than bethesda shovelware

In this post, a barely literate old man attempts to convey why his nostalgia is more important than well argued reason.

I prefer classic Doom and the pretentiousness of this post makes me want to shit on it.

WHEN WILL JOHN MAKE A NEW DOOM RPG FOR ANDROID FUUUUCK

Attached: 1558891930323.gif (546x546, 268K)

I disagree with the sentiment that the game is shovelware standard, but he does have a point that nothing that would come out would live up to the legacy of Doom simply because of how much the industry changed after it was released. The only way this game would've lived up to OG Doom was that somehow it revolutionized the industry to the point where gaming icons owe their existence to it.

It's okay. It's not Doom, it's Painkiller. Fun game for one time but not worth playing more than that.

I think that having to dig up "revolutionary" and "impact on industry" to find any objective advantages is getting dangerously close to giving points to nostalgia rather than actual quality. If something did something first and then everyone copied that, something could still recreate that exact same thing and any objective improvement on it would still make that new thing objectively superior regardless of the "impact" of the original.