Why hasn't an indie dev ripped off animal crossing and made their own version for the PC?

why hasn't an indie dev ripped off animal crossing and made their own version for the PC?

like how stardew valley ripped off harvest moon.

Attached: animal-crossing.jpg (1280x718, 101K)

multiplayer interaction is often a draw with AC and devs face an uphill battle creating it for a spinoff of theirs. especially when it needs to have a good core singleplayer to get very far and garner attention with people I suppose

stardew happened because harvest moon hit the shit hole. Animal crossing is still going well. Also AC is a lot harder to replicate than HM

A lot of indie devs are terrible at writing engaging dialogue. Doing that on the scale of AC is an intimidating thought. That said I'm working on a game with sort of a similar vibe but with a much smaller scope.

The real Harvest Moon you grew up with changed it's name to Story of Seasons for legal purposes. Then shitty Natsume started making their own Harvest Moon games which are shit to confuse people. A real dick move.

If I'm not mistaken 'My Time at Portia' is essentially an animal crossing rip-off

Well there's this. The only Animal Crossing knock off I can think of.

Attached: 81zVtwjs3DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1362, 282K)

Animal Crafting....

Story of seasons is also far from an authentic harvest moon experience

Animal crossing is just a fisher price version of the sims. Why ripoff the ripoff when you can ripoff the original?

That said, why has literally no one even attempted to rip off the sims?

You are mistaken. It is more in line with Rune Factory. It's also complete garbage.

>Animal crossing is just a fisher price version of the sims
Have you played either of these series? They are completely different. Animal Crossing is a social simulator, Sims is a life simulator.

Villager's a nigger....

Attached: 1560714211001.png (448x532, 144K)

How? Story of Seasons was great, second favourite, first being Back to Nature. Play Stardew Valley then.

Animal Crossing stopped being a social simulator with New Leaf, it became a house decoration sim because all of the villagers were made braindead so the mayor gimmick could live. Hopefully NH survives. Also as an aside, the story-oriented Sims games were always the best.

I'm not saying it's bad, it has the trappings of post gamecube harvest moon though

What, like the spinoffs and the console versions of the expacs? I never played any of those.

New one looks like it's been inspired by shit like Minecraft.. looks good though, can't wait.

They're amazing. The GBA sims games (other than 2) are great, and Urbz on DS is one of the best Sims ever.

what the fuck do AC fans even enjoy from those games? I tried NL but got bored after a few days

I guess you're the type of person who likes to be spoonfed and told what to do. There's tons of things to do in Animal Crossing, however it's up to you how and when you do them.

Talking to cute animals, taking care of flowers, decorating, etc. It's something you're supposed to play for like 30 minutes a day, it's not really made for long sessions. If you only played for a few days you wouldn't have unlocked much of the actual content.

>what the fuck do fans even enjoy from these games? I tried but got bored after a few days

Attached: 1548542534520.png (500x500, 6K)

Why do you give a fuck
Go play what you like and shit the fuck up
Every single thread with you retards that cant accept people with different tastes

Why can't indie games be original?

People with bad taste should be made aware of their poor taste. A community full of tasteless retards will only result in more shitty games being produced.

How comfy is stardew valley, and is it gud?

There is no such thing as bad taste
Grow the fuck up
You just come off as an insecure bitch
I dislike plenty of shit Yea Forums loves, I dont go around asking why they like it, who the fuck cares

>There is no such thing as bad taste
cope

not to sound bitter or anything but I feel like Nintendo's IPs kinda tend to take over entire genres, some way more than others

I want paradox to rip off the Sims like they did with sim city

There are 50 shitty games uploaded to Steam everyday, you'll live

>Tons
There's a handful to do, and the list grows smaller with every iteration as they keep removing features and events. The game is a husk.

Didn't Ubisoft make one? Or EA? It was called something like The Burbs or something like that. But probably not exactly that because that was a movie with Tom Hanks.

Stardew Valley exists because one guy loved AC and HM but didnt like the directions those franchises are going in

if you want a game you should make it, OP
Eric Barone worked on that game by himself for five years before hiring a team

It is pretty good. Some parts fall a bit short but there is enough content to keep you busy for a while.

I suggest it on PC for mod support. Specifically for portraits.