Were they only human, after all?

Were they only human, after all?

Attached: Mass-Effect-Andromeda.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw
youtube.com/watch?v=PXYeARRyDWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wait you actually finished the game?

I know a guy who hates hates video games but loves this

Haha no, I would never play it.

People don't give this game enough credit
>animations get weirder and jankier as the game goes on
>the ending
>find out you're in a simulation run so many times that the data is going corrupt causing all the weird shit that people thought was just a broken retarded game

Is that actually true?

No

Should have stuck with Johnny Cash for the marketing.

youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw

>this game thought it was getting DLC
lol

>mfw some dude told me that the story is actually deep and well thought
>also thinks it's one of the best games he ever played

Attached: 1518241050407.jpg (413x395, 38K)

MAYBE I'M FOOLISH
MAYBE I'M BLIND

Attached: 1489730453099.jpg (2196x2174, 3.72M)

So they just had no idea what they wanted the game to be and made the worst possible decisions in every aspect of development, writing and production?

IIRC, they had two years or shorter of actual dev time. Plus they had a computer generate most of the faces.

Attached: 1511340517112.jpg (2560x1440, 551K)

I actually beat it. ME was my fav series on the newer consoles so I had to push thru it. The story was meh. The bad guys were gay. Unless they had some twist in a sequel with your dad dying, then it was a total waste. They set it up at the end to where a new batch of humans awake and their job is to start building hardcore. But that all depended on if you made the worlds safe first. It was weird.

>made the world safe for colonist
What the fuck does that mean. You don't send one person out to make an entire alien planet safe for habitation. What the fuck.
What the fuck.

what does the ending look like anyway?
I started the game and saw all the shit from the crowbcat video in something like the first act

IM ONLY A BIG BEAN GUY AFTER ALL

DONT PUT YA BIG BANE GUY IN ME

DONT PUT YA BANE GUY ON ME

DON'T PUT THE BLAME ON ME

Attached: mass effect character creator.jpg (1200x750, 123K)

I beat the game and I dont even remember the ending

It’s similar to the military, like they’d send in CCT guys to make an airfield/secure one, then later bring in regular forces to make a base

Do you even remember the game?

fucking brilliant

>Really shitty bossfight that makes 2 look good
>You walk out of le ancient evil's bunker and get greeted by all the major characters
>Sequel hook (the fucking delusion)

I remember visiting my sister in medical bay and her still being in a coma and then going to my dads room and talking to his AI buddy.

you team up with the local aliens and beat the bad guys. Only the local bad guys though, as the real bad guys are all over the galaxy

Drive a couple miles in the autism mobile while lazy ship-to-ship combat takes place in low-orbit above you, fight some Kett, break into generic Remnant dungeon #23457623, fight same worm machine boss, fight more Kett, unmemorable fight with the Archon guy, save your twin, come out to see the human ark crashed at some point (which changes basically nothing), everyone congratulates you, main plot ends.

Gun crafting was fun, though. Sticky grenade assault rifle was terrible in practice but also cool.

I think the worst part about this game is how much of an ineffectual bitch Ryder is compared to Shepard.

'Doormat' doesn't even begin to describe it

This is now the thread theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=PXYeARRyDWk

Attached: 220px-Humanafterall.jpg (220x220, 13K)

that sounds really fucking gay
I'm glad this didn't get a sequel

Remember how it was shown that male Ryder was like 160cm tall.

Attached: Mass Effect Andromeda.jpg (550x738, 51K)

I'M ONLY HUMAN AFTER ALL
DON'T PUT THE BLAME ON ME

Attached: 1516242866969.jpg (2518x1229, 398K)

So it's been a while and by now it's generally agreed that they made this game as a joke, right?

I did, it was epic

No, the team was incompetent and EA were being idiots. It's a fuck-up

The twist at the end was great, it being a simulation experiment going wrong n all.

What? That didn't happen.

There was some >Kotaku article that detailed it. Want it to be like No Man's Sky but engine difficulties and just ineptitude made that impossible to manage. Top that off with Frostbite being shit and you get Andromeda/

Incompetent team forced to use a engine that doesn't support the type of game ME is and said incompetent team had to learn a entirely new engine. It wasn't like they were fully uninspired, the beginning of the game is pretty alright and I was actually pretty excited at the thought of exploring Andromeda and all the cool things they could do with that. The problem was that there was still like 95% of the game left to make.

Didn't Bioware purposely half-ass it because they had all their real animators and writers working on Anthem which also failed completely?

Continuing on, even incompetetant people can make a engaging hook. I have spent way more time reading self published novels online then probably 99.5% of Yea Forums and I hate myself for it, both japanese and american. One thing is that would be authors and creators can come out with a compelling hook and they hope the momentum from it will carry them to a complete serialization. Read a web novel and the first arc or two are really well thought out and satisfying to read, but come chapter 30 and the series will have lost all its luster and probably spending its time doing some shit no one cares about.

No idea honestly. Wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, would make both games crashing and burning even funnier.

user that's No Man's Sky

They didn't half ass it, they had it worked on by a B team at best, which you get b-team quality. Just because you got a degree or the experience doesn't make you skilled or good at your job. It requires a massive amount of skill to produce high quality work while under the deadlines.

Has Bioware done anything since or have they finally been taken out back to the shed by EA like ol yeller?

It thought it was getting a trilogy.

They're being put to work on DA4, which is apparently going to double down on the "live service" angle, presumably to make up for EA's public announcement that they're not going to push their usual long-term monetization plans on Respawn's Star Wars game.

did you miss Anthem? You should buy it for full price.

EA is still insisting Anthem is alive.
And the studio shut down

Didn't say they were likely to get it, just that they greatly underestimated how much piss people would take in response to their obviously unfinished game.

the only thing this game did right was letting your custom dude feel natural
shepard was too much of a staple, to the point where anybody who's don't use default shepard feels like they're playing a fan game

>Your game is all about how diverse and revolutionary your fresh start system is
>You can only play as humans
I JUST WANT TO PLAY AS A DRELL THAT FUCKS A QUARIAN IS THAT SO HARD

Attached: 15603505075d010f2b7a7a41.88798260.jpg (742x458, 38K)

Humans can barely relate to other humans, user.

Yeah it was the engine's fault. Had nothing to do with tranny team at all.

BioWare's on the record stating that only stories about humans can be compelling.

but I can relate to all sorts of things

Relate to THIS!

Just as much the fault of the fat, purple haired sidecut trannies as the engine.

your post rages with passion; it has seen this thread as I have. Its life is short and yet it is content to do nothing.

I don't think the story was the worst thing the world, though they reused ideas from mass effect 1-3. And the world was poorly built, despite being large, but it was fun to explore. The main characters, however, were awful. The banter was awful. The side characters were awful. The moment-to-moment writing was awful. But as a game, it's not bad honestly. It could have used some improvements, but whenever I wasn't interacting with a character is was kind of fun.

Attached: 1555515940994.jpg (305x309, 54K)

A fucking mess in all regards, gameplay and bossfight suck, visuals suck, dialogue sucks, resolution sucks.

It's real life

Well that's racist.

Nah, just dumb.

>90% of the game was shit but I still enjoyed it.
Is this really were we are these days.

that's not a very 23rd-century way of thinking

>tfw want more mass effect discussion
>/meg/ is dead and i missed it
>forums are gay and full of faggots
>these threads are all I got
ME wasn't very well written, with loads of retarded shit even before it went completely human reapers super cerberus fucked up, Andromeda was utter trash and Bioware is completely shit.
So why do I still lurk these threads? Am I one of many in the same situation?

Attached: sad1.png (527x487, 45K)

I actually liked how some of the side-quest characters come into play to help you depending on who you worked with throughout the game.

The final boss is about as forgettable as game villains get though.

It was a good trilogy despite its flaws.

Attached: Noveria_ME.jpg (4000x2655, 2.57M)

We're all in this together,user.

Attached: Liara is sad HI WESTERN.gif (800x600, 1.45M)

Ironic, isn't it? They pretty much remove the ability to be racist to aliens, and yet they find it impossible to relate to something that isn't human.

Attached: 1527009189181.png (734x746, 105K)

We exist only to suckle on mommy's milkers.

Attached: mommy2.jpg (513x828, 61K)