Attached: 141686b.jpg (190x308, 23K)

It was 70$ when it came out.

nintendo

Nintendo tax

based

$80*

Because it still sells

I saw a guy pay $30 this morning for Mario kart 7

Because the game still sells very well because people who get a new Switch always buy it. I've had mine for 2 years and I just sold it on eBay for $45. Got most of my money back.

Because manchildren whales will always buy Nintendo games for stupid prices

eh, I got it for $30. I mainly get all of nintendo's games used desu

did he have a neckbeard and a fedora?

Just buy them used. How are you a physicalfag and not buy and sell your games? I wish I had that privilege on PC.

Nintendo games in general are really good a retaining value. I remember Smash Melee used was still like $30 a decade after it cam out.

Ah leafbux

Without sounding like a cumguzzling consolewar faggot, this is the actual answer. First party Nintendo games very rarely go on sale, and when they aren't on sale usually stay at full MSRP for the duration of the console life cycle.

Nintendo is ran by kikes. They've convinced their brainwashed sheeple fanbase that it is okay to pay full price for a game six years after launch.

Wrong. It is simply the Nintendo business model and nothing like what you both describe.

Nintendo are the apple of gaming albeit with vastly lower comparable quality of product

Because it's still selling. Wait until the Switch gets a "Selects" line of games for the price to get decreased by another $25-$30.

I saw used Melee for like $50 last year at some used game store. Seems to still be a high demand for it.

What's even more ridiculous is Nintendo expecting customers to pay $50 in DLC for Smash 4 in order to unlock all the characters, even after Smash Ultimate came out.

There are still Nintendo DS games that are being sold for 40+ bucks
The Nintendo tax isn't just a meme

>underage
jannies cmon hes making it obvious

Why should it cost less? What about the game has degraded since launch? It's a single player game that you can only play on Nintendo consoles

>inb4 cemu/yuzu
Yeah no fucking shit retard but we don't have to buy the game then do we?

You think that's bad? Stores in my area that sell used games barely knock $5 off Nintendo games for a long, long time
I don't know about the secondary market, but I'm also guessing that old nintendo games cost more than old games from lesser-known comapnies

If people are still willing to buy it at MSRP why would they lower the price? Keep in mind that Mario Kart Wii sold like 1 million units in 2012, while still at $50.

Why would they cut the price of a game that is still selling, retard?

Squidward Sword + Wiimote Plus is still expensive as fuck.

OP here I'm just a broke recently graduated college student looking for a job and squeezing pennies. It's not underrage to point out the ridicilous prices of these literal years old games user.

I thought it was standard for games to be price cut years after launch but I suppose that mostly hinges on demand.

Well, you're learning that Nintento is one of the few developers who don't dropkick their prices down based on market demand. They can probably do this since they don't promise their investors something stupid like Anthem will sell 15 Million units, overproduce disks and have to sell through inventory by lower the price.

TL:DR: Nintento has been doing this shit with their key first party titles since their cartridge days.

Sure they've been doing it for a while but is it right?

Personally, I would prefer if they more aggressively used that "greatest hits" line where their games go to $20, but I do understand their business logic of saying "look, buy our games day 1 since that'll be the same price three years later."

Recently graduated broke college students should only buy indie games on Steam sale and pirate AAA titles like God intended.

Grand Theft Auto V was 60 bucks for like six years.

Has the game’s quality gone down?

No?

Then why decrease the price

Yeah, it's very much demand. What Nintendo has as the MSRP is irrelevant, if a game ain't selling they'll slash the price on it. I remember in either 2011/2012 Best Buy had Metroid Other M and Sin and Punishment Star successor at $10 because nobody was buying either game, and any store that listened to Nintendo and kept the games at MSRP just had both games languish at $50 forever.

Just buy switch games second hand retard. It's not like Switch games can be scratched or anything.

The implication wasn't that you are a child with no money. The implication was that anyone over the age of 18 would know that Nintendo games don't START losing value until ~half a decade after launch.

I just bought it for cheap and I gotta admit its an amazing game. Expected 8/10 but no its a straight 10

Nintendo keep prices high to keep profits up on games, other companies would just decrease the cost and then bundle their games, the latter tactic has clearly worked best since Sony games are seeing sales that completely destroy Nintendo ones nowadays
>marvels spiderman 10 million
>god of war 10 million
>horizon zero dawn 11 million
>uncharted 4 15 million
>the last of us 17 million
Compare that to Switch
>breath of the wild 8 million
>super mario odyssey 9 million
>pokemon let's go 10 million (2 whole games)
>super smash bros ultimate 12 million

Both approaches work well in terms of profit. Nintendo keeps the prices of their games high, which makes them a high amount of money with each sale. Sony is more likely to discount or bundle their exclusives, which reduces the profit margin but leads to more sales overall.

>since Sony games are seeing sales that completely destroy Nintendo ones nowadays
The state of Sonyfags delusions HAHAHAHAHAH

Pretty sure those Nintendo figures are old, and the actual main difference is the install base given how much longer the PS4 has been on the market.
To be fair though, I do realize the PS4 install base is misleading; since, 70% of the PS4 install base is just people who use it for Facebook, FIFA, and Netflix, while the Switch is actually a videogame console.
And, of course Nintendo games have the backing of recognizable brands to carry them in large part unlike Sony.

nintendo loves full price games more than hitler hated jews

So does P5

>A fucking Vgchartz number sales post
this is sad

Sony gives its first party games away for free because they make their money by taking a cut of microtransactions from third party games like fortnite and fifa.

You're more likely to buy a ps4 over a xbone if the former comes with spiderman

Sony's discounts will result in more customers and stronger sales for successive titles, Uncharted 3 sold less than half Uncharted 4, Nintendo never sees that sort of growth, it's either very small or sales stagnate and bounce back maybe.
Skyward sword sold 3.5 million units, the games either side of it sold more than double.

This is why I sold my Switch. All the old games stay full price. They barely ever have sales and if they do its like 5-10% off.

Sony's first party titles have jumped past rivaling Nintendo's and are flat out outselling them regularly. Nintendo use to have strong first party support over Sony, now they have nothing over them, Sony have strong first party, strong exclusive third party and strong general third party. Nintendo is now left with nothing.

>nintendo nintendo nintendo!

This happens with literally ANY popular game, not just Nintendo.

Even a year after release, I saw Kingdom Hearts 2 still selling for full retail price at Gamestop.

>>breath of the wild 8 million
13 Switch+2(Wii U) = +15 million
>>super mario odyssey 9 million
+14million
>>pokemon let's go 10 million (2 whole games)
10.63millon
>>super smash bros ultimate 12 million
+14million already

And you completely forgot or maybe you don't want to count that game:
Mario Kart 8:
+17million (Switch Deluxe) + 8.5millon(Wiiu normal version ) = +25 million

I love Sony but your post is fucking lame and we always know how Nintendo first party sells. Or you want to post the Wii nintendo game sales.

only game on the switch

That's an outright lie you underage faggot. It was part of their player's choice line which had a lot of the best gamecube games for $20

I bought every edition of this game from every region

Melee was technically not a player's choice title, it was a Best Seller title. The only distinction besides not having the yellow spine is that they retailed for $30 and not $20 because fuck you, you're going to buy it anyway. IIRC they did it with TTYD as well.

Attached: 1537217478050.jpg (640x890, 132K)

Why is Skyrim still $60? Didn't it come out like seven years ago?

Because nincel shitters will pay anything to belong to the bing bing wahoo 1up club.

>

Attached: Idubbz gay.gif (270x152, 1.48M)

It isn't though.