It's funny to me how Yea Forums freaks out at Zoomers now having Minecraft, MW2, and Skyrim nostalgia. But really...

It's funny to me how Yea Forums freaks out at Zoomers now having Minecraft, MW2, and Skyrim nostalgia. But really, just remember that Gen Xers cringed at millennials (majority of this board) getting nostalgic for

>"Pokecrap" (as older folks called it)
>Anime in general (which to older people was just stupid shows where people punch eachother really fast and saying "Ahh ooooh ahhh" shouting their moves with flipbook-style mouths)
>Spongebob
>3d games (N64 and PS1 used to be considered soulless just because they had pixels)
>Nsync, Backstreet boys, britney spears (usenet referred to them as "Nsuck, Fagstreet boys, Slutney")

And now older zoomers cringe at younger zoomers who play fortnite, so it's an endless cycle. Yea Forums lacks self-awareness on this.

Attached: 1543722147915.png (1080x1851, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oTUAMVJD7XY
youtube.com/watch?v=BGrfhsxxmdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have sex

WHERE IS ETIKA

Calm down a second. I was already cringing at stuff since I was 5 years old. Sometimes popular things are just bad, and a lot of kids know it too. It's not just a generational thing.

I don't care what other people feel nostalgic about because I'm not an autistic child.
I also don't care if people "cringe" at me for feeling nostalgic about something because I'm not an autistic child.

Honestly this decade has had the best cartoons ever and it's not really close

>Yea Forums freaking out
Nobody besides literal retards is freaking out because kids have nostalgia for things from their generation.

Voltron is garbage and so is Power Rangers
Literally the only good cartoons to come out of that era was Tom and Jerry, Disney shorts, and Loony Tunes

>Voltron is garbage and so is Power Rangers
>Literally the only good cartoons to come out of that era was Tom and Jerry, Disney shorts, and Loony Tunes
>Tom and Jerry, Disney shorts, and Loony Tunes

Those are a way older era than voltron and power rangers you dumb zoomer

Voltron and He-fucking-man of all things considered as "good, smart cartoons"
Retarded boomers.

Not at all. This decade has been terrible for cartoons and I'm not even being a nostalgiafag.

Everyone liked spongebob when it came out, even people who were adults at the time.

>power rangers is their example of smart 90s cartoons
>but they claim its just because its a voltron rip off

o i am laffin

Spongebob and fairly odd parents are still the two most popular cartoons today because modern cartoons suck dick. Gumball was okay for a while but it got too political and sarcastic.

voltron is not good

-geoff

>Adventure Time
>Regular Show
>Gravity Falls
>Misadventures of Flapjack (underrated as fuck especially)
>Gumball

>I was already cringing at stuff since I was 5 years old.

Attached: bnppw9ljhcmz.jpg (640x344, 29K)

Flapjack is pushing it. While yes it was in this decade it ended in 2010 so barely.

Dilate

>5 debatably decent shows
The era of Cartoon Cartoons and all the shit Nick had was much better. That's not to say there was nothing decent past 2006~, but there was a lot less.

this. It's literally autistic to not be able to empathize and understand that other people, younger people, have different experiences from your own. It's part of growing up

>>Adventure Time
Literally pulled SJW agenda at the end

Whatever, every cartoon between those three and the early 90s were trash
Shit like Voltron, He-Man, Hanna Barberra, and Thundercats is unwatchable

Anime is probably older than most Gen Xers

How? PB and the vampire's relationship was pretty fucking obvious from the very beginning

No it absolutely wasn't. And it was immensely stupid.

Attached: Screenshot_20190619-001738_Chrome.jpg (2216x4608, 1.33M)

yes it was, brainlet

>power rangers
>voltron knock off
LOL power ranger is super sentai western adaptation, westshitters couldn't even conceive such goodness, so they stole the entire genre from japan. Same with cyberpunk

Does the average Yea Forums poster really like NSync?

Cartoons became shit when they all became cheap and digital; it's not nostalgia.

Attached: Screenshot_20190619-000314_Chrome.jpg (2220x2543, 1.13M)

I'm talking more about the mainstream anime boom of the late 90s, when pokemon and toonami came on. Before then anime was barely known to people except hardcore collector nerds

Depends on the country, in mine boomers grew up with Heidi and Robotech.

>be here since 2006
>be 29 years old
>can finally discuss Halo on Yea Forums when it isn't a nighttime Halo Custom Edition thread

I've waited a long time for this.

Halo CE is a good game with great enemy AI, a very nice aesthetic, and interesting if poorly used lore. Also, the OST is literally one of the greatest ever made for a video game, denying this would be wrong and gay.

Scooby Doo is fine. The rest is an acquired taste.

Halo and COD used to be extremely hated here. But over time the hate lessened, with 2018 being the year where most of the boomers/oldfags finally quit swimming against the tide.

>It's funny to me how
this post was one fucking hundred precent written by a 15 year old

The rest being Jabberjaw, Space Ghost, Johnny Quest, etc.

Attached: 90sShitposting.png (1080x1536, 257K)

Attached: Anime is dead 1996.png (944x403, 47K)

I know, and I always liked being the turd in the punchbowl and maintaining that Halo is a good video game and arguably the only relevant arena shooter long after the genre had supposedly died.

Attached: Kawaii dog crap 1996.jpg (1397x434, 68K)

to contribute

Attached: proto_v.jpg (496x226, 34K)

It was pozzed since Sugar began to push her shitty ideas.

Nah a lot of stuff is just cringe worthy. You know all that stuff for kids specifically is just weird and a lot of kids don't like it and prefer things for teens and adults instead.

>measly 20 or 30 measly games
oh he mad
not that he was wrong, the Jaguar was shit, but yeah.

Armin becomes the colossal titan

>My only hope is that Squaresoft got it's act together for FF8

If only he knew how bad things really turned out.

That already happened in the anime didn't it? It's not really a spoiler unlike how the farmer is the father of Historia's baby.

man cant you just occupy yourself until school starts back up?

I mean, I think he's over hyping FF2 but I can totally see why he said this. In retrospect, 4th gen is visually better than 5th gen overall. The peaks of 5th gen were impressive as they happened, but mature 2D > early, shitty 3D

also, squaresoft lol
RIP Bushido Blade i hardly knew ye

>>Anime in general (which to older people was just stupid shows where people punch eachother really fast and saying "Ahh ooooh ahhh" shouting their moves with flipbook-style mouths)
Gen Xers had their own generation of popular anime classics like Space Battleship Yamato, Gundam and Macross, anime was popularized in the West because of Gen X

Those shows weren't mainstream in the U.S. until after the anime boom of the late 90s

can confirm
youtube.com/watch?v=oTUAMVJD7XY

complete and utter bullshit, macross (robotech in the west) and yamato (star blazers in the west) were extremely successful in the west throughout the late 70s and early 80s
star blazers is probably the reason why anime took off in the west to begin with

The reason why Western cartoons in the 80s were so good is because they were inspired by a lot of 70s anime that came to the West. A large chunk of the most popular Western cartoons at the time were co-produced or animated by Japanese studios with Western supervision.
Let's not forget Transformers is Japanese too.

>"Pokecrap" (as older folks called it)
I'm 54, who the fuck calls it Pokecrap?
We called it Shittémon.

>For the longest time, even up till about 2017, zoomers born in 98-99 were universally hated on Yea Forums for being "fake 90s kids", the Bieber-loving generation who didn't even remember 9/11, and were firmly slotted into the "First of the new school"

>But now, since 2018-19, zoomers born in 98-99 are universally beloved for being "based Black Ops 2 zoombers" and are the majority of Yea Forums, and try to cram themselves into the "last of the old school"

What happened in 2018-19? I remember oldfags being very passionate in gatekeeping the board up till 2017, but it seems like in 2018 onward they finally conceded defeat.

Attached: 1560658889760.png (2830x1247, 1.57M)

And gen xers agree that zoomer shit is worse. Sucks to be a zoomer

>He-Man and Voltron are "programmes" for intelligent consumers.
>loud, shouting reciprocal nonsense is more interesting than '90s cartoons

>arena shooter
It has literally every kind of aim assistance that existed before Destiny invented new ones and regenerating health. It straight up fucking codified the conventions of the console FPS genre.

>When I was little, cartoons were like Voltron, Transformers, He-Man, She-Ra
All of those cartoons are generic shit made to sell toys. 90's Cartoon Network is infinitely superior to those, just as 00's cartoons and even today's cartoons. That man is just delusional.

bump

>Pokemon anime
Well deserved, it was a shit cartoon.
>Pokemon Game
It's about the gameplay, which has better examples in modern day but back then it was great.
>Anime in general
Too diverse to judge as a whole, idiot generalization.
>Spongebob
Gen Z stop acting like you're a millenial.
>3d games
>used to be considered soulless just because they had pixels
You mean polygons, and dumb generalization based on art style instead of the gameplay.
>Nsynch, Backstreetboys, Britney spears
They were bad to anyone with a brain then and rightly so. People only like backstreet boys now because ironic nostalgia and only the one song.
Conclusion: Sometimes it's okay to think new things are shit, they often are. But not every new thing is bad.

I regret not having an xbox and never having played the halo games aside for some split screen at a buddies house.

Attached: images(2).png (225x225, 3K)

I had the first one when it came out on PC and now that the MCC is coming to PC I'm kinda excited to get to play through all the other ones.

>a gay relationship exists
>MUH SJW AGENDA
Man you guys would jump at a shadow's shadow. You don't even need bogeymen anymore, you'll just invent them yourselves.

Change of the guard. Things unfortunately change user. Boomers will move on, and yesterday's zoomer will be tomorrow's boomer.

It really wasn't. The entire series they came across as friends with some issues in the past that they would get flustered over. If their relationship was actually a thing throughout the entire series they wouldn't have had it just be a single kiss in the finale.
They only did that because it was too late for them to be stopped. What was cartoon network gonna do, cancel them after?

It wasn't just the gay relationship
>Finn and Jake get completely sidelined in their own fucking show and become side characters in the finale
>Meanwhile stronk women are the ones leading the fight
>Finn ends up with no girl at all, despite all the relationship shit that was going on with him throughout the show
>Finn for some reason now hates violence and wanted to try ending the gumball war peacefully instead of fighting
And my personal favorite
>No father besides Jake actually gets a happy ending. Finns dad, still mia, marcys dad wasn't even featured or involved in the fight at all, ect
Also one of the writers of the show said that "Finn deserves to suffer".

My taste > your taste, zoomer scum

youtube.com/watch?v=BGrfhsxxmdE