Lets be honest, videogames in general have improved...

Lets be honest, videogames in general have improved, you really cant compared the bit eras (Atari to SNES) or the crudeness or early 3d (PS1 to PS2) to the experiences you cant get nowadays

Attached: 2918CDFE-69A7-492E-9E42-C83731984723.png (501x650, 603K)

A lot of games from a genre are similar or better previously.

>guy on the far right lost his arm

Attached: 1334461720629.jpg (297x373, 29K)

PS2 was more or less the first generation of "modern" 3D games, other than that you're right

PS2 wasnt crude. The games look good even now. Genji Dawn of the Samurai and Silent Hill 3 are especially beautiful.

The problem is the market is super saturated and creativity is pretty much bankrupt, while big publishers are nickle and diming everything they can get away with since the market is so fucking huge. Most of the experiences feel copy and pasted because these companies just want to make safe money.

For example, most people are skinning their dicks for Cyberpunk, which is only going to be a prettier Bioware game.

>Top/middle
Soul
>Bottom
Soulless

damn...

The years were not kind.

This. I'm amazed at how many people are tripping over themselves praising indie games like they aren't just old games we've already played with a new coat of paint

PC games peaked in like 1996-2001
Console gaming stopped getting good in 99-03 or so (dreamcast/ps2) and probably peaked with SNES/Genesis (MAYBE ps1 but even then, we had tons of influx of people who used to beat you up for playing videogames now LOVING videogames because of PS1 so I feel that's really the beginning of the culture shift.

Either way, nothing compares to the golden era of DOS / win9x gaming, really. Games like X-Com UFO Defense, Jagged Alliance II, Master of Orion II, Fallout 1 are still unsurpassed in many ways, and almost every FPS ever be it Doom/Duke(build-engine-in-general)/Quake/Etc either has its origins or the best game in the series released during these years. Also RTS, warcraft 2 and command and conquer (even then, RTS was considered the "stupid" genre compared to TBS / the digital wargame/boardgame type of genre, i.e. dune2 was for retards compared to panzer general)
RPGs were much better, espeically roguelikes, things like wizardry, i'd say up to and including baldur's gate and its sequel.

The occasional work of art does still come out (Brigador, Rain World) but usually at the cost of throwing away conventional game design of the past 20-ish years.

The occasional "really good game" also does still come out (Underrail, House of the Dying Sun, Nex Machina, Hyper Light Drifter) but they don't usually improve upon the games that preceeded them (fallout 2, wing commander, smash tv, zelda ALTTP), truly.

>guy on the left lost his hair

How do we stop aging I don’t want to be ugly.

Improved yes in many ways but I still have more fun playing the classics like an old 2d platformer than anything new in recent memory. I have dozens of newer games in my library I could be playing but I usually find myself playing the old games. I'm replaying Donkey Kong country for snes right now and I'm having more fun doing that than any of the new games I played this year. I played AC origin recently and as amazing as that game is I was bored to tears. Couldn't wait to finish it. It was just retarded glitchy npcs everywhere. A long boring uninteresting story and a million boring cutscenes. And it's not a game you could play if you only have a half an hour because you spend most of your time in load screens or travelling. With all the things you can do in an open world game it always feels repetitive and not in a good way. Donkey Kong country is repetitive but that reptition requires timing and there's a satisfaction with completing a stage flawlessly. The levels are also more chellenging than anything I encountered in a modern open world game. In AC origin all you had to do was spam an attack and the enemies were defeated. Almost no effort requined. I guess what I'm saying is less is sometimes more.

Decent bait

But no.

Is there some kind of background to this? It doesn't like that, it just looks like it's a long sleeve shirt with his arm hidden behind the chair

I'm amazed all of them managed to stay friends (apparently).

First photo captures the moment guy in the back permanently elongated his neck trying to be seen behind that soda.

>the faggot end up looking like a faggot
shocking

Eat well and exercise regularly. If you start balding, just shave it off or buzz it down

>switching from sprite to 7 up
Damn traitors

>backwards cap hardly ages
witchcraft

sprite is shit. good on them for switching to 7up.

>second from the left lost his smile

Looks like they also switched from regular milk to s*ymilk

Taking female hormones won't give you eternal youth but it will prevent you from aging into a bald ugly man.

t. your daily dose of tranny propaganda

>fucking up your entire body and mind so you don't go bald
I could see people really doing it too

They didn't really commit to the orignal poses in the 3rd pic like they did in the 2nd pic