Do you think that high input lag is an effective way to give a feeling of inertia?

Do you think that high input lag is an effective way to give a feeling of inertia?

Attached: FrightenedDimKarakul.webm (1920x1080, 1.12M)

Rockstar has no idea how inertia works.

If implemented properly yes.
But rockstar doesn't convey to the player that the player submitted an input, fast enough so it feels jarring to the player. But having slow weighty fighter jet like slow turning etc. can work perfectly fine as long as the player is aware of what inputs actually went through and what effect they had.

Attached: 1548136667939.webm (1920x1080, 2.67M)

I forgot how robotic GTAIV movements were.

works on my machine

You can change the sensitivity in the settings, but that would require you to actually care and not just be here to shitpost.

this isn't sensitivity you brain dead fuck, its input lag

is the input lag the delayed time for the animation to start, or does it also include the animation it takes to go in that direction?

The slight delay for the animation to even start.

It isn't high input lag that is just the way the game handles movement.

Yeah dude, nothing like a whole lot second of imput lag to feel muh realism. fuck off.

30fps standard was a mistake

BUT BUT I THOUGHT THAT C++ WAS FAST

No. There are better ways of conveying it. Acceleration and deceleration of movement is one such method.
Also holy fuck I knew it felt like shit when I played it but I didnt know it was THAT bad.

You are dumb as fuck jesus christ

You can either have realistic movement or fast movement, but you can't have both. It's still preferable to this.

Attached: rdr1runningaround.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

No I can stop quicker than that when walking that fast

Honest it never bugged me/noticed it in the game. If it bugged you then you were probably just looking for a reason to be upset.

>Wireless controller

Should have just streamed the entire game to your mobile user.

30FPS and input delay is like walking through a swamp. If you think its okay please go see a doctor, you may have brain damage.

Err, fast movement. Immersion is a "less is more" scenario. You don't think about moving your hand and wrapping your fingers and watching all of these motions happen when you pick something up, you just pick it up.

OP proposes a good question about game design, but people will just get mad instead of contribute to the conversation. Also I feel like there must be better ways to do it, something with acceleration. I never liked how movement felt in Rockstar games

Rdr2 is an interactive movie with open world mechanics, not a platformer or twitch shooter. Everything you see is intended to really try to sell weight and realism. Rdr is a wacky cowboy adventure themed GTA. GTA is a wacky modern bad guy sandbox about being fast and loud for the most part. Comparing them is apples and oranges.

Gta 4 also had shitloads of input lag if you play it on an equivalent console. Playing at 60+ fps naturally brings response time down like some modern competitive games even have a setting which is basically low settings across the board and they label it as low latency like in bf5.

how is input lag realistic? do you take .5 seconds to think before deciding to lift your leg to walk forward?

This is one part input lag and one part western developers obsession with over-animating basic character movement. We've been seeing it since around when stuff like assassins creed and Uncharted hit the market where characters will always be touching the wall a little bit when they walk past or get dragged to cover a bit and all these odds things. In motion, without a controller in your hand it seems well and impressive till you play. Western devs think these things are more immersive because its more animated, so you have to watch the skin the animal animation 2000 times or have the character actively reach and pick up items. This goes from immersion to frustration quickly though and always brings me to my argument on this using STALKER as an example. That game is janky as fuck in vanilla, does not have fancy animations like that and lots of it controls and operates like a traditional game but players who like STALKER will get so deep into that game they forget to fucking eat.

How is snapping to the left or right without any change in momentum realistic? How breaking into a full sprint instantaneously from standing position realistic?

You spend an inordinate amount of time in shooting galleries and the awful way the game controls makes them a slog. This sort of shit does not make good games, and at least needs to be separate from the gameplay like in Shenmue.

RDR2 is good, but it is good in spite of its gameplay (and refusal to END).

It's an issue for like the first minute of gameplay and then your brain adapts and it's not a problem. Not sure why autists kept screaming about it

Never said it was good, just that the design choices were intentional, however stupid they are.

No, a robust physics and animation system would be significantly better. And Rockstar obviously has access to this. So, who knows what the fuck they were thinking.

gr8 b8 m8

It's not but neither is input lag

Yeah, your body and nervous system slows down as you age zoomer. You won't be able to jump out of your bed every morning and sprint to your ps4 and fire up fortnite in only 30 seconds in several years from now.

makes sense from a roleplaying standpoint. arthur is slow.

input lag that doesn't actually exist, dude's monitor must be really bad

This is what fat lazy people say to convince themselves that it's fine for them to stop giving a shit after 30

It's not input lag, doofus. Look at the webm, when he lets go of the stick he immediately starts decelerating.

you can exercise your muscles as much as you do but you will never prevent your cells and nervous system cells from decaying and running out of telomres. They will just not perform as good as they previously were no matter what you do.

>oh shit he's right
>how will I live with myself?!

Playing MLB The Show, with game mode on it plays like you’d expect, ok whatever. But with game mode off, the delay is almost 1-to-1 with the motion of swinging the bat and i vastly prefer it. Much more organic feeling.

My real issue is that it feels like there is not a lot of momentum. Like even when you're tapping hard on the horse it feels like it's barely going and it slows down so easily. The game feels weirdly stiff.

perhaps your genetics have gay

Attached: chubby fuck.jpg (620x620, 28K)

The rate of decay is so slow that nobody other than elite level athletes will be able to tell the difference as long as they maintain a baseline of athletic fitness. Most people just stop putting any effort into their physical and mental fitness after their twenties.

>Most people just stop putting any effort into their physical and mental fitness after their twenties.
This infuriates me so much
>realized i had to get my shit together as I entered mid/late twenties
>started pushing myself twice as hard and paying more attention to what I eat, working out more than ever
>everyone around me is just getting fat and ugly
>the women around me are all getting fat and ugly and laugh about it like boomer wine aunts "lmao adulting is hard" "LOL i wanna eat PIZZA"
I started working harder so I could maybe be respected by these people but now I don't respect them

It gives the character weight. If he immediately flashed to the left and kicked into a 5mph jog, it would feel floaty, awkward, and break the illusion of realism they're going for.

no, gravity rush gives a perfect feeling of intertia yet it has nearly 0 input lag because it also requires fine timings and parkour to traverse the environment.

Doing things to be respected rather than doing things and being respected.

MASSIVE KEK FROM ME INTERNET FIREND

Forgot to greentext, I was trying to say you're retarded.

I don't give a shit about my peers respect anymore because I realized they're all layabout assholes and the one guy I know who got into shape started nosediving back out of it once he realized it didn't mean free pussy

>started working harder so I could maybe be respected
Clearly you did though, congrats on getting over it.

I don't know but I know when I'm tired I play less well.

This is the cost of muh realism. Gta4 looks silly but it controls better. Red moves more fluid and realistic but controls poorly. I have disliked gta since they made the jump to euphoria because of this. Feels like I am driving a tank.

case point

Attached: grav rush.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Does that person have gaming mode turned on?

>when he lets go of the stick
you're baiting right?

Attached: baby2.png (256x331, 8K)

Attached: 1532318494706.png (798x490, 95K)

Not sure what you mean, no input is an input, saying you are no longer doing anything. The character immediately starts decelerating as a normal human would.

What was the problem with how gta use to play where you just press up in the stick and they move? Why does everything have to feel so
>cinematic and lifelike
now?

maybe you just have a lower IQ than me

And peasants play this shit and have the audacity to tell us it's great. Clown world

Attached: 1534601062817.jpg (500x738, 68K)

Limited turn speed and U-turns instead of pivoting on the spot are the worst things about modern video game movement. Give me old school arcadey shit anyday.

oh you're serious.
now that's just depressing.
immediately relative to what? that webm
doesn't show you any controller. For all you know, the analog stick has been pushed before the webm even started. For all you know, the analog stick has already been released before that webm even started.

Attached: 1546131371617.jpg (1024x942, 139K)

unironically normies flooding the market with their terminally shit taste

I hate western games so fucking much.

I think you're baiting, you silly man. Its plain as day, I dont know what I need to explain to you. Let's go around mid 70, full stop by 90ish, the whole time in between is clear deceleration.

You probably just enjoy cinematic garbage games and hate good gameplay.

please stop, you're making me wanna shoot myself more than I already do.
refer to

Attached: 1513942165254.jpg (670x503, 115K)

this caused me no problem and I doubt I would have noticed if Yea Forums didn't bitch about it every day

>RDR2 is good, but it is good in spite of its gameplay
This is such a perfect way to describe the game, and exactly how I've always felt about it since its release. I loved it the whole way through, but its gameplay is by far its worst part. It's pretty pathetic how bad it really is given its budget

Bad gameplay = bad game.

Most likely. It's still exactly like that even with it turned on

Snappy vs weighty, dunno what you want me to see. Both used for different purposes.

Why would you admit to being a brain dead retard?

All that means is that you're a pathetic consolefag who eats up anything shitty like input lag as well as low framerates/resolution

It IS better. It's more realistic.

>durrr I'm pretending to be retarded

Attached: unethicalmedicinelobotomyorig.jpg (1500x1312, 484K)

This. There's little to no delay for action like shooting, getting on your horse ect, and this only happens when you first start moving. When you're in motion and start to turn, there no delay.

>haha you're baiting! HAHA BAITING!