Barely knew cloud as kids

>barely knew cloud as kids
>never interact with him except one time at the well where he says he's going to join soldier
>have no contact with him from that point forward
>waits breathlessly for his arrival at nibel
>sees him as her prince charming and is immediately wet upon meeting him again as a retard at the train station
>can't stop hinting at wanting to ride his dick during his stint with avalanche

This made no sense whatsoever

Attached: 6bb7976d98029dc9fb2aeb8bcaa2c59b--tifa-lockhart-fantasy-artwork.jpg (350x460, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tmo4MwSfVgE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's hot

>never interact with him
pretty sure they fall down a pit together or something

Attached: 1561231936063m.jpg (576x1024, 67K)

You'd get it if you also grew up in Rednecksville, Bumfucknowhere County.

It's called japan and otaku fantasy, user. Have you watched their harem anime?

It makes no sense to you because you’re retarded.

This

Op is a brainlet

someone get this girl a burger, all her meat went to her tits.

cloud/aerith is the superior pairing

Necrophilia is a nono

Trying to stop himself from getting controlled into killing her all the time sure sounds fun.

don't fuck a corpse, user. It's just not worth it

Too bad Cloud loves Aerith

this

Her romantic fantasy was to get rescued by some hero. Cloud was just the best vehicle to do that after he left so she pinned all her hopes in him.

>dude why didn't the game spend 30 hours detailing their childhood
Fucking retarded zoomer that needs everything spelled out.

Ovulate

Cloud is a fucking sexy man.

clerith will be canon in the remake

Attached: 211651561561651616.png (1024x512, 442K)

Just imagine. She is left in the middle of fucking nowhere. Nibelheim is a dying rural town that survives only because of Mako. Literally all the young men have left. Of course she would think about the one boy who made such a daring promise. Just think of the endless nights she spent masturbating to Cloud.

This
Cloud is a chad
That's why Jessie is now even more aggressive in her flirting game this time around

Attached: 134.jpg (414x412, 34K)

Didn't cloud prevent sephiroth from killing tifa at the mako plant or something?
It's been a while.

Granted he wussed out by hiding his identity in the shinra uniform cause he was ashamed of failing the soldier test, but still.

>whales are back
oh boy, here we go again

this

>sees him as her prince charming and is immediately wet upon meeting him again as a retard at the train station
Have you actually played the game? She said she knew he was fucked up and wanted to watch over him. There is no Prince Charming element whatsoever.

Tifa fell down the pit, cloud saved her and took her back to the village.

>Cloud is gonna fuck bitches left and right
unironically BASED

>Remake will have a lot more Jessie.
I approve of this addition.

You're forgetting the mountain incident after Tifa's mom died where she fell down a hole and Cloud saved her but the whole town blamed him.

It's reminiscent of what happened with Locke and Rachel in FF6.

>cloud saved her and took her back to the village.
>You're forgetting the mountain incident after Tifa's mom died where she fell down a hole and Cloud saved her but the whole town blamed him.

No, they both fell

They were only saved because the other kids told the adults and they found them

Did you retards even play the game?

Aerith is dead

game is a fucking mess at story telling desu

He promises to always be her guardian on the water tower.

Unironically the weakest part of the game. Music, atmosphere, characters are all better. The plots a clusterfuck of shit that seems literally made up on the spot at times

>get 99.99% of the facts right
>Did you retards even play the game?

Attached: 1559544080835.png (283x235, 104K)

what the fuck do you mean, they fall down a hole together, it's perfectly logical

So will Remake finally show what happened between Tifa picking up Cloud's vegetable ass off the ground and Cloud bombing the Mako reactor? How long did it take for him to recover and be able to talk like a normal person? Did she hide him from Barrett and the others? Did she look at his penis when he couldn't stop her?

>Did you retards even play the game?
You know for a fact due to all the Tifa threads that half these fucks haven't. Half of them couldn't even tell you the full party.

>Didn't cloud prevent sephiroth from killing tifa at the mako plant or something?
Not really.. Tifa was already slashed and sephiroth already lost all interest in her after that. Cloud just moved her body to the side and then stabbed seph in the back. He didn't really "save" her. The one that got tifa outta there was her martial arts master.

You're just a retard or your memory is faulty.
Probably both if you seriously couldn't follow a simply story like VII.

Attached: Blank+_67c483d38e5dc7bb8826e614e72ec9f6.jpg (960x777, 80K)

It’s not about it being “simple” user it’s still just a retarded story . Especially when you understand it

He was not a chad when he left, which is when Tifa’s oneitis began.

Also he’s 5’7”

No, adults found them both collapsed and blamed Cloud

Aerith liked Zack you fucktards, and vice versa.

Most of the retardation is in disc 2 where they twist the story to get Cloud and Tifa together somewhat arbitrarily

>it's the story and not me
Whatever excuses you want pal for being braindead.

And Cloud. And not because she thought he was Zack. His superficial similarities made her curious but otherwise the personalities are not the same.

Yes, but when Tifa finds Cloud on the trains station, Tifa said Cloud didn’t make any sense, that he knew things he shouldn’t and didn’t know things he should. That was her motivation for keeping him around. She flat out says that in the game. Just read the script. OP is a retard who hasn’t played the game.

Yeah, but it'll be in the remake after the next one, so probably 2024 or something.

Seph could've stepped on her on the way out.
Baby brains.

That was brilliant, your IQ is just too low to comprehend the greatest love story ever told.

>He didn't really "save" her. The one that got tifa outta there was her martial arts master.
You could argue Zack is the one that saved her since he was the one that held Sephiroth off long enough for Cloud to flip his autistic shit and her teacher to get her out of there.
She knew Zack anyway.

>Aerith liked Zack you fucktards
>constantly teasing and flirting with cloud.
She liked both. deal with it

he made a promise, girls never forget that shit

Aeris liked Zack and then Cloud you dumb child.

She liked Cloud because he reminded her of Zack.

what about when they hit the 2nd mako reactor and he fell into the church? Her reaction was pretty panic-y.

what about in the shinra building when aerith and cloud were talking across the cell walls and Tifa reacted as soon as they metioned a date?

What about when she stayed behind for cloud when he was fighting president rufus?

>girls never forget that shit
Shame that doesn't go both ways.

It’s not brilliant, OP gave a good reason why. It’s a clever way to distract you from the fact they are writing their way out of a corner.

Fact is Tifa was a backup gf narratively speaking, and it shows. A lot of set up for a lukewarm relationship

And as I said the setup is contrived if that matters to you.

When is the suffering going to end!?

Attached: 1555541405770.jpg (753x595, 23K)

Yes they do, they forget shit all the time. Hell they even forget things they said a couple days prior. The only thing they don't forget is you fucking them over/grudges.

Except their behaviors are completely different. You would know this if you actually played both games.

Nope. She even says otherwise on the date. She was initially curious due to very superficial similarities but it does not stay that way.

tifa stayed by clouds side when he was fucked up

that's how you know she is good and not a thot.

>AeriS
Oh boy, we're still on this huh?

[Citation needed]

I didn't say they weren't, that's the whole point of the original game is that Cloud thought he was Zack you fuckwit, which he was later made an actual character with a personality and him and Aerith were made a thing.

>Tifa was jealous but too sumb to say anything, so there
Yea? It was well set up like I said, but the payoff is uktimately lukewarm. And it was a distraction away from what would otherwise be a far more boring subplot (resolving Cloud’s memories exists to make Sephiroth no longer take control)

>The better spelling that exists in every modern release of the game
I mean, yeah?

>You would know this if you actually played both games.
Fun fact, Aerith herself even mentions the similarities retard.

>she says it during the date

Tifafags...do you guys even play the game? I have to ask now

The line is “but you’re different cloud”

It's been Aerith for years and in every single thing post Eng. FF7, get over it.

She says at first there were things that reminded her of Zack, then she adds “but you’re different cloud”

Context is hard

And then she realizes she doesn't like Cloud because he's different, yeah context is hard.

And the things she lists are mannerisms, superficial stuff

Aerith would throw her cunt any SOLDIER with spiky hair. She's a slut.

>realizes she doesnt like Cloud

On the romantic date? Cloud was always different in personality from Zack. She would not have just realized that. Holy fuck

This, she just wants that SOLDIER Dick.

Genesis would have swept her off her feat by reading his stupid ass poetry if it came down to it.

People are going to keep doing it out of habit

It’s always great how well the game used superficial similarities to Zack to show that would not be the case, but sub-brick posters don’t get it

you're understating what she did Tifa literally pieced Cloud back together, kind of want to see what Aeris would've done in that situation

you realize that they don't have to show every little moment of their lives in flashbacks to establish that they do indeed have a childhood history, right?

Attached: 1520993295937.png (219x241, 78K)

Well, he IS voiced by Gackt

Would have helped, but she was not a childhood friend so it would probably olay out differently

Sad considering it took me all of about 5 minutes to fix the habit when I realized it was a poor translation.

You can't understand it because you're looking at it in the context of today's society, women are whores AND are blatant about it. 20+ years ago, it wasn't an in your face fact and so we could all still believe that there were faithful women.

I still say Aeris sometimes

No shit, he's literally modeled after Gackt too. Also dude is in poor relations with Square and looks like a plastic hell hole anymore.

Hell probably could have got the mooks that managed to survive and kill Zack and she'd suck their dicks so dry they'd be 1st Class in an instant. Hell imagine her taking Sephiroth's long and deep sword so hard it rips the Jenova outta him.

>impressed by anime stories
Yikes

sometimes you can just of some mysterious infatuation with somebody from your childhood. It's like the girl you liked as a kid who moved away in middleschool that you meet again in college, accidentally knock up after a night of drunken passion and then end up marrying. Sometimes shit just happens

Attached: 1558044592949.jpg (600x857, 85K)

The point he is making is there is an unexplained and sudden change in her behavior starting about 7 years prior to the main events

How do people not get this?

Should I play Crisis Core or is remake going to retcon something?

Attached: 591207.jpg (2005x3000, 1.51M)

user, when has that ever happened? Hell I don't even know what the girl I liked in my childhood's name is, hell I can barely even remember her.

This. Tifa doesn't really have a thing for Cloud at all before the events of the game. She only takes him in because he's acting wierd, she remembers him, and conveniently they need muscle

See
It is a genuinely not well explained part of the otherwise excellent Cloud’s memories sequence

Oh, geez, y'know, implied that since they live in the same place, hang out, y'know, they don't show literally every day together you fucking faggot.

This. Women like hot guys

IIRC SE said that Compilation isn't canon to the remake

Play it, the only thing it wont mentioned is Angeal and Gackt. It'll keep Zack being with Cloud at the Mako Reactor and it'll keep Zack's death the way it is. Just the same as it'll probably give a brief backstory for Vincent in regards to Hojo/Lucretia/Sephiroth.

It probably will but if anything it will retcon it in favor of CC

No. She says she reas the paper when he left and waited to see if he’d come back. Keep in mond we learn they were never friends and her dad forbade them from hanging out on top of that.

no because obsessing with someone is such a beta move

Attached: 1557215588174.jpg (555x560, 25K)

They show the opposite, they make a point of showing they were NOT friends
But then she suddenly cares a whole bunch about his SOLDIER career when he says he is gonna leave

>that they do indeed have a childhood history, right?
They outright state cloud barely if ever hanged out with tifa. He was a loner who would just look at tifa and her friends with envy and pretend he was simply too cool to hang out with them

Chances are it'll keep some of the Zack/Cloud stuff from CC.
They said a lot of things, but they've already changed stuff and some of it (such as Vincent) needs at least some basis for their reasoning of being there, so they have to drag in some slight DoC backstory stuff, and they'll likely keep Zack's death the same as CC.

These people did not play the game

Tifa is not a great character, but she's in a great story with a great protagonist, so we overlook it. She's the inverse of Rinoa; a good character badly used in a so-so story. Mind you, Tifa is likable where-as Rinoa is not, but Tifa is also kind of a blank slate. Rinoa has a lot of personality, it just so happens that her personality is not an endearing one.

Attached: rinoa_cos.jpg (804x1200, 374K)

Attached: unknown.png (118x181, 36K)

>Cloud acts exactly the same way at the start of the game, but in a “cooler way”

Ah he was being childish still. Very good Nojima (?)

>Rinoa
>a good character
oh noooooo nooooo

Attached: 1560326737285.jpg (184x184, 14K)

But I am a beta

Britney Speaks

>Gackt too. Also dude is in poor relations with Square and looks like a plastic hell hole anymore.

JUST

Attached: news_20181019165501-thumb-645xauto-146390[1].jpg (645x430, 51K)

This is pretty much true. Tifa is like the most well executed waifubait in the series. Waifubait because she does just exist in the plot to be the twist gf character

>Rinoa doesn't have an endearing personality
>An energetic and wholesome girl who spends most of her time carefree and really open to all those around her and even is caring enough to realize Squall has insecurity issues due to his scar and compliments and asks him to dance for instance
Did we even play the same game? How on earth is Rinoa not endearing?

Meghan Whittington

Not him but For some reason peopke found her grating. I’d have to replay to see why. I think what he said initially is the case: she feels crowbarred in or out of place for some reason but is difficult to ignore

Dude I couldn't even tell you girls I dated 5 years ago, let alone 25. Let her go and move on.

I haven't played ff7 in over ten years but at any point does the game say that the one flashback was their only interaction, or is it just everybody assumes that?
Look if you grew up in a small town, isolated from pretty much everywhere else, which Nibelheim seems to be, well I don't see how that could have been the only interacted.

You missed the point. Cloud and Tifa's relationship is a subversion of the traditional fairy-tale japanese childhood friend scenario.

>Cloud has a crush on her as a kid
>except he's a huge dweeb and so does everyone else
>she falls into danger
>he fails to do anything about it and nearly gets killed too, a martial artist (who would later train tifa) rescues them
>feeling like garbage, he promises to leave town, get stronger, and always protect her
>she's just like "ok?"
>he leaves as soon as his legs can carry him and immediately fails to live up to his promise
>washes out of soldier and becomes a low level goon
>so ashamed he can't even write home
>adding insult to injury he gets sent back home on an assignment as a goon
>so fucking embarassed he keeps his identity secret
>shit goes crazy
>Cloud gains autism strength to protect his waifu and through the power of balls (and a first strike materia) gets the drop on Sephiroth and then hurls him into the reactor
>barely survives, is used as human guinea pig by Hojo
>is rescued by Zack
>they escape, Zack dies in a heroic last stand
>Clouds absolutely shattered brain imagines himself as Zack, washes up in the Midgar slums, Tifa recognizes him and thinks 1. Oh wow he actually made SOLDIER and 2. Holy fuck what the fuck is wrong with him is he stoned? I better take him in and keep an eye on him

Up to that point, she just remembers him fondly; he was a boy she maybe KIND of liked, and he was different, but she didn't have Oneitis for him. Her feelings for him develop over the course of the game as he shows himself to be a strong leader.

I mean I suppose, she's basically proto-Yuna but more energetic in places. Yuna is pretty endearing too.

And still a chad, lanklets BTFO

The childhood friend NEVER wins in japan wtf are you talking about

This guy summed it up nicely.

What anime have you been watching, friendo

this is actually wrong. The childhood friend often wins unless it's one of those stories where the chosen girl of destiny figuratively (sometimes literally) falls out of the sky

yeah, that's all well and fine. just saying there is an ongoing dynamic between them stemming from the bridge incident and solidified at the water tower were Cloud swears to be her guardian. Even if it's all based on bullshit, it's still there.

Attached: promisekept.png (621x394, 263K)

Play it, but because it's a fun enough game and Zack is cool.

Literally happened to me.
>Met a girl in after school care when I was 8 or so
>No interaction outside of that
>She transfers to my highschool in 10th grade
>Slept with her at grade 12 formal
>Knocked her up, she kept it
>I moved 8 hours away never to see her again

Okay I guess it's not quite "literally"

THat's just female territoriality. Women will do that even with guys they don't want to date if only to demonstrate their superiority to another female.

This should be Biggs ridding Cloud's dick not Tifa

>Rinoa; a good character badly used
If her role in the story is shit, she's a shit character.

What anime have you been watching, he's completely right, childhood friends winning has always been a huge meme because it actually rarely happens in anime.There is a reason Yea Forums and 2ch always laugh at the childhood friend barring extremely extremely cliche harems.

In the flashback it is revealed they were not friends, however what is never explained is Tifa’s sudden interest in him (which is revisted in the flashbacks so it was not just something she said before). The only conclusion is she loved the idea of him being SOLDIER but even that seems insufficient.

Ironically making more accurate to Tifa

The only reason childhood friends don't win much anymore is because they used to win all the damn time.

thanks for the spoilers now i dont have to play FF7

This is still the game telling us to believe it rather than showing. We get what we're supposed to think so restating it is silly

>barring extremely extremely cliche harems.
>barring extreme cliche
>cliche
It's cliche for a reason. Modern shit also subverts it for a reason. FF7 was made in the fucking 90's, it set a trend for subverting the cliche. By your own admission it's a cliche, which means at one point it was so common it became the standard

way more to the game than this desu, play it

It's only the standard in harems, which FF7 is not, at least not for Cloud, Vincent is a different story.

Except, you dont understand the OP, she is not just like “okay”.

When fixing his memories she shows she waited at the town gate for him to arrive again. She had oneitis out of nowhere.

How do I know you're black, I wonder?

Games tend to be more cliche or follow different cliches

fucking niggers I swear

hope she comes after you for child support

>young girl is mildly interested in mysterious man who promised to be her prince charming
Color me shocked. The point is before he left, Tifa just saw Cloud as a friend. Him leaving made him a mystery; something for her to focus her fantasies on. This does not mean Oneitis.

That and he came back as an actual member of SOLDIER, elite badasses of the world and was with a 1st Class.

Glad you admit you were incorrect but all the boys had that kind of well talk with her.

And again, this is beyond interest or fantasizing. This is fixation.

Not black, just don't give two fucks about your societal standards, she wanted a kid i didn't, made it very clear to her the moment she told me she was pregnant. I'm not changing the entire course of my life because some hoe want's to have a kid from a 1 night stand in highschool.

>This is fixation.
That's called being a woman.

He did not, she has to learn to accept that I guess in disc 2. Not shown (but also not necessary).

Tifa tended to like it when cloud played it cool and badass more than Aerith so she’d have to accept the dork inevitably.

Attached: Untitled.png (975x657, 987K)

Based

look at this white nigger

Attached: 1546803475642.jpg (543x415, 55K)

If we want to talk realistic female behavior, this ain’t it. Moreover Tifa does not follow it. And neither do any of the other girls... and you have to accept her new tits then

>This made no sense whatsoever
it's almost like she's a woman.

Attached: 4chan_1c175d_1609526.jpg (600x750, 66K)

She did, I'm a tradie so I work cash in hand 90% of the time and keep my taxable income below 20k a year when I'm making close to 80k, only pay $3 a month, fucking laughing.

Makes no sense but in a very male fantasy way, not in a female way.

>It's only the standard in harems, which FF7 is not
>game throws a love triangle at you in the first 3 hours
>plus a plucky unconnected teenage pussy darkhorse
>Barret even talks shit if you make Aeris and Tifa your party when you first leave midgar

Harem was EXTREMELY common cliche in these stories and Square was subverting it. The game is full of subversion.

>The legendary hero has a pyschotic fucking break and kills everyone
>the kid who left home to be a hero fails
>the plucky rebels who stand up to the big corporation fail and everyone hates them (Barrets backstory)
>the demurely dressed healer girl is a flirt and has a huge forced feminization fetish
>the slutty dressed barmaid martial artist is demure
>the engineer who never got his shot and could've gone to space was actually fucking wrong and would have fucking died
>the well intentioned corporate goon who tries to change things from the inside actually accomplishes nothing
>the wronged man whose love was stolen from him was actually fucking cucked
>the girl from the proud warrior nation is covering up for the fact her people laid down and accepted the dick after getting their shit busted in
>I guess red13 is normal though

>all the boys had that kind of well talk with her.
this is never shown or even slightly implied. We just know all the boys liked Tifa; because it was a small town and she had huge Gazonga's. Cloud makes himself 10 times more interesting by actually taking off; do you not get how womens minds work?
>That's called being a woman.
ding ding. Tifa's reactions are normal for a girl her age.

Now I know you're bullshitting because that isn't how child support actually works.

In australia it is based on taxable income, if you "earn" less than the taxable minimum you pay the base rate of child support.

He means he works under the table, so he doesn't have much in the way taxed income because he is willfully concealing his actual income from the IRS.

>If we want to talk realistic female behavior, this ain’t it
Yes it literally is, this is how young women act. I know you're a loser who never interacted with another human being outside of Yea Forums, but it is entirely how they act, they get fixated on boys pretty easily to a point it becomes a minor obsession. They don't grow out of that until their early 20s.

Ultimania confirmed the Well talks actually. But my second line is my stronger point if you want to ignore that and just talk core game

Rinoa is immature, selfish, and that makes her obnoxious. She doesn't take responsibility for anything. Doesn't respect her underlings and lashes out at them. She doesn't respect or listen to her father (one of her elders). She's naive and spoiled, using daddy's money and connections to be a resistance fighter, clearly too young and naive to understand that fighting a war means death and it means CAREFUL PLANNING. She uses her underlings and her hired SeeD as toys.

She's a brat. A well meaning brat, perhaps, but a brat.

Attached: rinoa_cosplay3.jpg (1080x1350, 72K)

>australia
Nobody cares, go hang out with the canadians and shitpost elsewhere.

Yuna is mature, empathetic, patient, diligent, and humble. She's totally the opposite of Rinoa. At least in X.

lol this is pathetic. They maybe act this way with boy bands. Not with small town guys who say they’ll be a big shot. Get real. Remedial class.

Also, again, camping out waiting for him is not a minor obsession

>They don't grow out of that until their early 20s.
And Tifa is only 20 at the start of the game, putting her right in that range to be dumb

>Ultimania confirmed the Well talks actually. But my second line is my stronger point if you want to ignore that and just talk core game
I addressed your core point. Cloud made himself interesting by actually leaving. This is totally normal for teenaged girls. It's not obsession; and she's all but forgotten about him by the time the actual game starts

Same shit happened in AC actually when Loz beat the shit out of her and take the kid and Cloud only arrive when the whole ordeal is over.

Somehow this shit head is always not there when it's matter.

That's a fan translation. In the official script he says: "I really wanted to play with everyone, but I was never allowed into the group."
The one you posted suggests it was Tifa who didn't let him in.

>grow up in a small town
>every fucking boy promises to be your prince charming
>one actually fucking leaves town to do it, the madman
Surprising her by actually having the balls to go up and leave makes him stand out. Women like Alpha moves.

>immature
She's 17.
>selfish
The very first time you meet her is literally her being selfless entirely.

With that said, yes she is spoiled and naive, she's also 17 and doesn't know much about the world, that still doesn't make her obnoxious when her actual personality is actually extremely kind and caring. You need to replay FF8 because you either misinterpreted the characters heavily or just played the wrong game entirely.

You know what is in the core game? All the other boys leaving too.

If the only thing that made him stand out was the promise to be in SOLDIER, fine, but again her obsession was not minor.

No matter why excuse you guys use there’s still a puzzle piece not quite fitting.

The obvious answer is: they wanted to get these two together and were willing to force it

She had a basic interest in him joining SOLDIER since SOLDIER are Elite and she was kind enough to humor him, plus the idea of a big bad ass out there pledged to rescue her was romantic. I would SPECULATE that later she only took and interest in him because as far as she knew pretty much everyone else from her home town was dead.

They all left town to make it in the city, she says this in the core game. “All the boys are leaving for the city”

Densest material

Rinoa is the exact same way, the only difference is that Rinoa is more naive.
As a small town boy, yeah they actually do, especially if you actually end up leaving, they love that shit because it means you have goals and motivation, you're making something of yourself and its seen as Alpha.

Australia and Poland are the last based countries on earth.

>holds her tongue around cloud while aerith is around
>is all over cloud after she's gone
Poor character writing. As soon as aerith was gone we had Tifa taking care of cloud and shifting through his memories.

I would be fine with this explanation if the flashback did not try to crowbar in clearly obsessive behavior to make you feel a certain way. That’s what stands out and what the OP is ultimately about.

And only Cloud had an actual goal and to be something worth a damn to the world itself. He even comes back with Zack having realized part of that goal.

that's 100% realistic writing for someone whose passive aggressive
Only Cloud left to join SOLDIER. Everyone else left to find work.

Cool. All the other boys left too. Cloud says he will be in SOLDIER and that makes Tifa obsessed with him in an unbelievable fashion.

Which is amusingly hypergamous of her as well.

>ITT, nerds who do not understand the power of the military uniform/service

Attached: 2010-12-07-Strip_86_Better_Recruiting_web.gif (700x355, 65K)

>Tifa is keeping distant from Cloud because he's insane
>keeps distance until the truth is revealed and suffers a mental breakdown
no shit

lol just use a phoenix down

I’m amused by how you guys make Tifa seem shallow to defend this point, but even then her level of obsession is just silly.

Aeris is a thot. Always has been.

Final Fantasy 7's story telling can be hit or miss sometimes but the overall result is a masterpiece. Everything final fantasy that came after it was a big letdown in comparison. FFT, FF7 and xenogears are the trifecta of ps1 masterpieces, and hell, even ps2 ps3 or ps4 masterpieces as nothing comes even close in terms of rpgs with stories.
pic unrelated i'm just drunk

Attached: 1561328766094.png (323x570, 214K)

>>immature
>She's 17.
>>selfish
>The very first time you meet her is literally her being selfless entirely.

The REASON for her immaturity is irrelevant; it doesn't make her NOT immature. I also don't see how her actions at the formal ball really say much about her except that she wanted to dance and saw a cute guy. She's outgoing, sure. Is that a positive or not? It's neutral I'd say.

Personally, I can't stand outgoing people.

You are missing a fuck load of context. Up until Areith's death Tifa was pulling away from Cloud day by day. Because she was beginning to think that this Cloud in front of her wasn't Cloud at all but some weirdo calling himself Cloud. Because Cloud didn't remember things he should and was remembering things he shouldn't. It wasn't until later that she realized Cloud's memories were fucked up. But seriously read her dialogue at Cosmo Canyon

>Are you really Cloud?

Yea I’ve addressed this excuse before, it does not explain her weird behavior still. Which you guys keep ignoring because it’s well weird behavior

Never heard of camping out at the town gate you're right. The uniform’s power is when you actually do come back wearing it

You man her father who is helping to ruin the world and she does so out of genuine concern and kindness for its citizens? While actually being rather friendly? She is stubborn and naive for sure, but that doesn't make her obnoxious, it makes her young, like she is, she's a teenager.

Even then why even bring up having respect for your elders? Not all elders deserve respect just because they are older or family, especially ones actively being problematic to the country itself. Good job missing an entire characterization moment and huge point of the game.

Think about how many times Tifa masturbated to the thought of Cloud rescuing her and immediately fucking her.

Attached: 1511419393108.jpg (323x690, 78K)

>shallow
She's 15

>aerith dies
I will buy a damn collectors edition if they make the new twist one where aerith lives. Just watching the collective shit storms on Yea Forums would be worth it.

>city of the ancients
>getting close to the end of part one
>the moment draw nigh
>sephiroth leaps
>screen goes black
>pan to aerith, cloud, and sephiroth's faces
>sephiroth coughs up blood
>cloud gets covered in said blood
>cloud at the last minute raised his big ass sword in the air and impaled sephiroth
>the part continues their journey
>end of part one
>wait begins for part 2 three years from then
>nostalgiafags rage
glorious.

Tifafags here are literally saying Tifa is obsessed with SOLDIER chads in order tk excuse bad writing btw

>4 boys go to leave for the city with no goals
>1 boy goes to leave to become a superhuman soldier to help protect civilians and the world
>comes back as an actual Soldier and even kills the strongest person on the planet

HUH I WONDER WHY THIS TEENAGE GIRL IS FIXATED

>Rinoa is the exact same way, the only difference is that Rinoa is more naive.

Rinoa is not empathetic at all nor is she responsible or patient or humble. WTF are you on about?

>>comes back as an actual Soldier and even kills the strongest person on the planet
this part doesn't happen. What does happen is Cloud goes dark and doesn't communicate with home, because he failed. But she doesn't know that. This just makes him even more mysterious.

Fuck me, I forgot that part in the 70 hour journey. I honestly kind of wish that "cloud" had been a sephiroth clone that had absorbed his memories. They really had me going for a sec.

She is but people always want to act like it was a timeless love or something. Forsake that and I got nothing more to say (except that I still think her behavior is a leap in one particular instance)

This f a malam

Attached: 1549584034365.jpg (540x414, 12K)

so why does cloud do shit against his will? the jenova cells?

>camps out every night hoping her returns

Gee, I wonder why the user thinks this behavior is a little nutty. Remedial class still.

>I also don't see how her actions at the formal ball really say much about her except that she wanted to dance and saw a cute guy.
>not realizing she made the comment and specifically sought Squall out because he was the only person at the entire Ball standing off to himself and not having fun, the same insecure weirdo who is concerned he is ugly because of his scar and general lack of self-esteem, that she purposely calls him good-looking to raise his self-esteem and re-assure him, while also trying to break him out of his shell a little bit and make him more comfortable.
>this doesn't say a lot about her from initial impressions let alone the entire rest of the game
>then you go so far as to even say the reason for her immaturity is irrelevant as if she wouldn't get more mature with age

You understand nothing of Rinoa and i doubt you do any of the characters in FF8 in reality, let alone the other games. With that said the fact that you even bring up that you personally dislike outgoing people is a you problem, it doesn't make Rinoa an obnoxious character, it means you have personal issues with her alone and refuse to look passed certain things and only take them at generalized face value. Again, go replay the game and come back when you can form an actual discussion without being biased.

>tifakeks angry that she was a rebound girl for Cloud when his true love was stolen from him

I bet he screams Aerith's name while cumming inside Tifa too

>You man her father who is helping to ruin the world

You mean the same guy who hatched the plan to assassinate the Sorceress? That guy? What an asshole.

Yes. Also implied that his messed up psyche makes him extra vulnerable.

Sephiroth uses the Jenova cells to sweep him up in his stronger Will

Yeah. It's almost like the Final Fantasy writers are shut in otaku with no experience with women or life. But happened to land a $100 million dollar budget to make their dream game...

As an aside, she did talk to Cloud as kids. You saw a whole cutscene of them talking at the windmill and another scene she admits to liking Cloud as a kid. But she found him to be a loner who wanted to leave town as soon as possible. When he returns one day out of the blue, she helps him. And she falls for him over the weeks of helping him.

Is this good writing? No. Just saying, they at least attempt to give reasoning to their relationship. A lot better than most other FF games (especially VIII and X).

Attached: 1528764860498.png (690x1096, 521K)

It's not timeless love, it was totally a teenage fixation which she grew out of. The conceit of the OP was that Tifa had eternal oneitis for him since childhood and they had an extremely one dimensional obligatory romance. What i'm arguing, and what I think other anons are arguing, was this was absolutely not the case. She had a crush on Cloud, admittedly, because of that mysterious loner thing he had going on - but she grew out of that and was actively wierded out by him for the first half of the game. The development of their relationship was extremely organic.

Who hurt you?

Crisis Core would like a word with you.

Either it’s a pretty forced romance or the childhood friend basis is a con

>Cloud can't get hard unless Tifa wears a wig

>You understand nothing of Rinoa and i doubt you do any of the characters

I think it is clear I understand her a lot better than you do. You think that liking somebody is the equivalent of understanding. What you lack is introspection and general integrity and honesty. You can't look at anyone objectively. You like her, for whatever reason, and then feel a need to justify everything she does and the way she behaves. You fail to do so.

>she falls for him over the weeks of helping him.
No she doesn't. She is explicitly wierded out by him.

>Crisis Core would like a word with you.
what are you talking about? Crises Core tells the story of Zack. Cloud NEVER becomes a SOLDIER, and Tifa is never even aware Cloud was there/that it was him that stopped Sephiroth.

Thank you. It’s totally fine to admit the Tifa Cloud subplot is something the writers kinda forced.

What the fuck is up with her torso

Well, she might have heard a group from ShinRa is coming to town. And she recalled about a certain autist that made a promise to her that he'll become a Soldier and will one day came back to town. Maybe, just maybe, she waited only to see, has that autist made his promise.

Their love is pretty poorly demonstrated still. That’s the big letdown of AC. A chance to show it and they don’t

And it absolutely was obligatory when tifa was brought in to be a replacement heroine after all. That’s just unavoidable.

>I think it is clear I understand her a lot better than you do. You think that liking somebody is the equivalent of understanding. What you lack is introspection and general integrity and honesty. You can't look at anyone objectively. You like her, for whatever reason, and then feel a need to justify everything she does and the way she behaves. You fail to do so.
You literally took her first meeting as she just wanted to dance with a cute guy rather than everything that is actually laid out in front of you and built upon the story, then you tell me I lack understanding of her character? Get real. What you lack is introspection when you can't even get by your own biased nature toward a character and simply view her as a spoiled brat with no actual facets beyond that on top of your own general dislike of outgoing people. Which mind you never should have been brought up in a debate as again it's personal bias.

I am aware Rinoa is stubborn, naive, and can be a brat, but that doesn't detract from what she is overall throughout the game that we also get to see in spades and droves, let alone the fact that she grew up a well to do girl who is finally seeing the way the world actually works and despite that is still genuinely concerned for its people and her friends, despite some of her misgivings and faults. That's what makes her endearing that you can still look beyond someone's faults and like their characterization and growth throughout the game, you fail to do so which again is part of your own bias and misunderstanding, and you have the nerve to call me out on it, pathetic, please for the sake of FF8 threads, stay away from them, because your contributions are as bad as Spoony's.

>this whole chain of posts
pure weaponized autism.

Childhood friend nip relationship trope. Doesnt really translate given how that cliche is so nip eccentric sure but yeah makes sense once one stops being an self centered gaylord and actually thinks about where and for whom primarily the shit was made and written for in this case.
So simply put ye it does just that cultural difference stop some from getting. Though quite understandable at then end of the day to feel like you do really

Attached: tiff.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

This whole thread is weaponized autism.

It’s interesting to me, as a reader

Yeah, that's a common complaint about AC. It makes sense to a degree because Cloud has survivors guilt and doesn't know how to fucking handle things.

We went over this, they were not even friends. The only explanation that has held up is Tifa gets wet for strapping lads like in SOLDIER. Which makes this post ironic

i agree with the rinoa user desu, but its autistic regardless

dumb thot poster

>user lays out a good understanding of a scene
>says he doesn't understand

wat
this its pretty interesting and wild to read

>She is explicitly wierded out by him.
Enough to blindly follow him on an adventure and do anything to help him. Either Tifa has a victim complex or she had such blind love for Cloud that she'd accept anything he did. Or the more likely option, the writers suck and just wrote an inconsistent character.

Attached: 1460159258143.png (539x851, 414K)

this

Did you even play the game?

>NoctisxLuna
>VaanxPenelo
>WaakaxLulu
>CecilxRosa
all were childhood friends user.

>You literally took her first meeting as she just wanted to dance with a cute guy rather than everything that is actually laid out in front of you

So what am I missing? She had some other motivation besides wanting to dance and seeing a cute guy sitting it out? Then she dragged him out there. Tell me the truth of Rinoa's character.

I explained in detail why I find Rinoa obnoxious and bratty. I didn't say she was a bad person; I said she probably meant well. An outgoing nature is subjective. You have not really disputed anything that I've said, you've just tried to explain why she is the way she is, which is irrelevant, and then said you don't think she's obnoxious. Obviously the ultimate determinate as to whether or not she is likable is subjective, but clearly many people do not find her likable.

If you find her likable then explain why.

>hat doesn't detract from what she is overall throughout the game that we also get to see in spades and droves

Such as?

> let alone the fact that she grew up a well to do girl who is finally seeing the way the world actually works and despite that is still genuinely concerned for its people and her friends, despite some of her misgivings and faults.

So she has a character and is a well realized character. That makes her well written but not likable. A good villain is well written but is usually not likable.

>That's what makes her endearing

To you. For reasons that you have yet to explain. Yeah, as I said, she's a good character. A good character is not necessarily a likable character. A likable character is someone you would want to be around in real life. I think Rinoa is well written but I wouldn't want to be around her in real life. I certainly wouldn't want a relationship with her nor would I want her charge of my resistance movement against the State or even my manager at my job.

Because of the immensely shitty localization when I first got to the Zach twist I thought Cloud was a clone of Sephiroth AND the original Cloud, who had died.

Blind love based on what turned out to be a lie but we never saw them address.

Guys, something about FFVII's love story does it for me.
I never liked love stories in video games, I thought they were forced and out of place, but Cloud and Tifa hit a nerve on me that I can't explain. It's been 20 years and every time I think about it, I feel something in my heart.

Part of the reason is that Tifa is the only love interest in any story that I ever liked. She's the GOAT vidya girl and the ultimate waifu, and that made Cloud's revelation that he did everything to get her to notice him so relatable. In his position I would've tried to join SOLDIER to get her attention as well, she totally deserves it.

Cloud's revelation was great by itself. Isn't the main plot twist of The Great Gatsby something similar? That he was doing it for his waifu?

Another thing that made the story so great is that Aeris was the bait and switch love interest. She's the last of her kind special snowflake magical princess, and Cloud is the knight, they seemed like the obvious RPG love duo to me. That's why it felt satisfying that they didn't end up together. That's the main issue I have with love interests in stories, you can spot who "The Chick" is right away. While Aeris was quickly being set up as the main love interest, Cloud and Tifa took their time, and they only became close when all was lost for Cloud. It felt really natural and less in-your-face that way.

I also like the childhood crush aspect to it. It's a little cheesy, but who doesn't love those?

Attached: 1447707088056.jpg (1200x800, 887K)

>the well intentioned corporate goon who tries to change things from the inside actually accomplishes nothing
not true, Reeve achieved being based and redpilled

No, she found her childhood friend nearly catatonic and then claiming he had lived an entire life he didn't.
She was worried about him but never told him about it until he got mindraped by Sephiroth and handed over the black materia. In retrospective, if she had told him she was sure he was the real Cloud from the start, Cloud wouldn't have believed he was a meaningless clone and wouldn't have gotten as fucked in the reunion.

I never saw somebody idealize this fucking hard such a shit character. Actually impressed

Attached: 1561234309427.png (186x292, 24K)

Cloud's track record is amazing for a hero~

Nobody fucking cares about your autistic rants, one of you likes her, one of you doesn't, who fucking cares. You're both autistic. With that said Rinoa is fine as a character.

The problem is that, as you say, Aeris was written from the start as the heroine and they changed course while the bait and switch does not really land and they’ve struggled to make it land in things like AC.

Basically someone got gyped and when you’ve played the game a few times you can see the seams of the patch job they did.

Leaves bad taste, ya know?

Tifa is clearly a slut and Cloud is at least 8/10 in terms of looks.

Also it's implied they spend a lot of time together as kids. The game doesn't have to spell everything out.

>lying on a image board
Pretty sure Cloud was the only body who asked Tifa out

Yea Forums really should just stop having FF threads at this point. Too much autism and arguing.

Um, there’s a lot more to the journey than that

But we know Tifa was wet for one particular soldier. That's why she asks about blonde soldiers.
The well talks were cut content. They were from Tifa's diary which was dummied out.

Literally stated they did not. Play the game.

I was wrong about the source then, ty. I guess it’s not canon until confirmed otherwise, or if someone else cites dummied content

It's spelled out for you in this scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=tmo4MwSfVgE

I don't remember most of FF7 even though I grew up with it and replayed it many times. I just haven't touched it in ages at this point.

>Corpsenigger bitter as usual
How does it feel to be forever in pain

Attached: 1561063813597.png (968x720, 711K)

Its amazing how little people seem to know about this game, for how big it is. Cloud and Tifa not actually being childhood friends is pretty important.

Way to post without reading a single thing in the thread.

The Rinofag is one unhinged faggot

post yfw you waited 20 years for a remake but then were finally greeted with censorship of the OG waifu

Attached: 1561162410948.jpg (1024x894, 83K)

Its amazing how little people know of any of the games lets be real, look at the countless threads we've had discussing any of them, it's sad.

Who cares if tifa is a good match or not.
She got used goods like a loser.

ONEITIS

Id agree myself, they're both faggots, but Rinoa isn't really obnoxious.

>Also it's implied they spend a lot of time together as kids.
has ANYONE played Final Fantasy VII in this thread?

Attached: 1560995660160m.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

I have! I keep asking that too

Ff7 isn't actually that popular it seems.

Okay, go spend an afternoon with her and tell me if you still feel that way.

I dunno, it could just be bad memory.

>ctrl+F aerith
>1/17

Attached: 1532934727630.png (305x305, 197K)

It's partially not their fault. Because FFVII (and most PS1 RPGs) have such poor translations. And even playing a more accurate translation, a lot of the scenes come off as fever dreams or contradicting in tone. It's like getting mad at people for not getting the true meaning behind Blade Runner. When the movies director and writer were both fighting over what the meaning was suppose to be during production.

Its a JRPG.
No one will pretend the story of any jrpg is good. let alone FF7.

Give him a break, he's probably the only Rinoafag in the world

Yeah wasnt she there to see him get impaled by sephiroth then lift sephiroth by his own sword and throw him into the mako while said sword was still fucking inside of him? If I was a chick that would get me pretty wet.

FF7's story is good.

Rinoa is pure shit tier and for some reason we are unfortunate enough to get stucked here with that one Rinoafaggot out there. You can tell he is starving for attention and human contact

Attached: 1561328323773.jpg (313x286, 32K)

You'd think that would put him in a better mood since it means he has her all to himself.

This is not something a translation fucks up though, the Clone business I could understand not grasping 100%

It’s not even big but it’s impossible to miss. It gets its own scene and is stated explicitly, not implied

This! Cloud and Tifa are childhood friends in the absolute loosest sense of the term. Tifa was popular with the kids but became introverted when her mother died. Cloud was an autist that thought he was SO MATURE but then got butthurt when the other kids stopped wanting to play with him. So he got in fights and the other parents told their children to stay away from him. Tifa ONLY took notice of Cloud when he asked her to the well that night. Prior to that they didn't interact even as Cloud had a massive crush on her.

That's the fucking point you retards. Cloud likes the idea of Tifa which is why he left home to join SOLDIER and become a world renowned hero, to impress her. And Tifa likes the idea of Cloud coming to her rescue when she needs him most. Neither of these people actually know each other which is why they have to spend this 40 hour game wading through each other's neuroses. It isn't until the Mideel that they actually understand each other and can mean it when they say they want to be together.

Attached: 1555623535084.jpg (451x447, 31K)

Sure, do I also get to spend time with the other FF girls?
Could be worse, he could be a Lightningfag.

Which we don’t even really see either. That last part. That’s my issue. So much set up, no demonstration. And AC fucked it up too.

I think he had feelings for Aerith but Tifa seems to be his one true waifu desu

Stop user, if you use sense you're gonna upset people who disagree.

>contradict something flat out stated in the game
>"how would I know the writing is so bad lol"

I know the game has spelling mistakes and all of that, but most of the complaints about FF7's shit writing are actually shit reading.

There's a lot of scenes in FFVII where they try to get fancy with the camera or have scenes "inside" people's heads without actually being in their head or transition to a period in the past without a visual cue. You're suppose to derive from the context of the dialogue that Cloud is recalling a memory, despite still being in the present standing right next to Tifa. And if the translation is off (which is often is), you don't get that.

People who play the game multiple times or people who read up on the game online will get it. But just some random person who only plays it once and isn't enthralled by every little detail? They're gonna be lost.

based. Hopefully the

>The childhood friend NEVER wins
Have you seen like ANY hentai? Surely this has to be bait.

Attached: __.jpg (225x216, 46K)

Breaking News: user doesn't know how teenage girls act and finds them obnoxious, more news at 11!

>people arguing aeris vs aerith
>not realizing s and th are the exact same letter in japanese
aeris

Attached: 2ADBD073-F906-409A-A650-CB27023A773F.jpg (383x353, 41K)

*remake keeps digging a little deeper into their dynamic

I knew a girl in high school who looked and acted just like Rinoa. And imagined herself as Squall's girlfriend. Seeing a real life girl act like Rinoa, I can tell you it gets very old very quick.

I read one where the girl cucks the guy because his uncle is a huge fat chad. Does that count?

there's also the fact that most people were literal children when they played it last.

Rinoa is a dumb thot

He might not have, but I sure have.

Attached: Palmer.png (1221x1491, 1.57M)

I think it’s the opposite desu. Tifa even says they have no one else at the end of disc 2.

But both romances existto fulfill different needs and as such appeal to different people.

Aerith and Cloud: perfect match off the bat so it’s extra tragic

Cloud and Tifa: slow burn but it adds emotional resonance to the story by filling in on themes and ideas only oreviously touched k

>Sure, do I also get to spend time with the other FF girls?

No because they all got sick of Rinoa's bitchy, bratty, bullshit and won't be seen near her. Sorry.

I did too.

I married her.

To each their own however, dunno why people get so autistic over opinions here after all these years.

Yea none of these girls should be judged that way imo. Either they’d get annoying or they just don’t exist at all

I think Cloud's feelings towards Aeris, Tifa, Yufie and Barret are up to the player in Disk 1.

That doesn't change until the Lifestream Sequence.

>not being her Squall and renzokuken her pusy
You blew ot.

Could have Lionhearted her pussy bro.

She knows he had a crush on her as kids and he left an impression on her with the whole "I'm going to the big city and become a big deal by joining soldier!" All the other kids in the village were scum as well and the village got massacred so cloud serves as a connection to that place.

Honestly, why is her affection far-fetched to you? It makes more sense than most things like this in other RPG's.

I know how they act and they're obnoxious. Most of them never grow out of it.

>why is her affection far-fetched to you?
>why is a woman's affection for a man so far-fetched to you
>Yea Forums

You answered your own question.

Shame, oh well, to each their own.

I think Aeris was needed for Cloud to have a role at a time in his life where he was pretty lost. But after finding himself I think it's obvious that Tifa is his true waifu.

They’re really not. Even in scripted convos he is flirtier and chummier with Aerith, and that dating game s rigged toward her. Cloud is definitely supposed to like her in disc 1. There’s some wiggle room when you have beaten the game and want to mess around with the dating mechanics but they always use the Aerith date in promotional stuff for a reason.

That is Aerith's role with Zack too. She's basically the Guardian Angel of the Series as an Angel, a counter to Jenova's evil corrupting the Sephiroth.

He also reaches out for her at the very end of the game.

Cloud's true partner was one of the guys in the tub.

That’s her role narratively but I think we are talking on the character level here:

You know why that’s an unknown right? It involves a sword. We’d have every reason to believe Aerith would help Cloud, she even expressed an interest in finding his real personality when she sensed he was lost.

Or if they wanted Tifa to do it anyway they’d have written Aerith differently and we’d not have the same feelings anyway.

Aerith should have been a summon in subsequent FF games that casts Cure and/or Esuna on the party.

>Clouds convos are more flirty towards Aerith
>You can literally call Tifa your gf
I think your opinion is a little bias here

Yea she’s got a sort of a “too good to be happy among us” role. Which makes it hard to not root for her as well.

Or ya know, her or Zack could have just came back as Pyreflies/Lifestream faggotry like Sephiroth/Seymour and friends do. They're too busy banging in the afterlife.

You can also get jealous about Zack and tell Marlene you really hope Aerith likes you (which is the canon option it turns out, along with the Aerith date generally)

Aerith is not a virgin

Attached: Zach.jpg (684x1000, 633K)

> making sense out of AC

Not that it fucking matters but doesn't she say in the flashback that she had a date at the well with literally every kid in town?

Ultimania says none of the dates are canon. Granted, some dates are harder to get than others, but Tifa's date is fairly easy to obtain.

Yeah narratively Aeris and Tifa serve 2 different but critical roles for Cloud. Aeris pulls Cloud out of his autistic shell and she can see the potential in him. Tifa is Cloud's anchor. Where Sephiroth and Jenova can fuck with Cloud's memories, Tifa is a constant for him that they can't fuck with and so Cloud can lean on her at his lowest points. They both are probably best girl for Cloud.

this is getting in fanfiction territory, user

Nah, that's gay. I just think it'd be a neat series trope if she became an unnamed recurring summon after that. Just call her Maiden or something. Anyone who has played FF7 will recognize her.

doesn't he literally reveal himself to her unmasked and carries her out of the reactor after he dunked on Sephiroth? No shit she's obsessed with him after they meet again in midgar.

He got cockblocked by Hojo

No it says the aerith one is. And it’s also constantly featured in promotional work.

And Aerith wins all ties in that game... and it’s set up she and Cloud are to go on the date...

asian chicks want the great white d.

Tifa is such a fucking adult. It doesn't even get into MOMMY territory or anything, but she's one of the most realistic competent adult women of any video game I can think of. Companies spend millions of dollars trying to achieve this, but just by virtue of having her own shit and setting her own priorities, Tifa delivers this idea of female adulthood that pervades her role as female love lead. Its fucking sexy.

Saying Aerith would help if she were alive is not fanfiction. It’s just grasping a character.

He grew up to be handsome

He blackballed her hard and shows no interest which makes her want him more

Aerith constantly flirts with him making Tifa jealous

Attached: IMG_7209.jpg (465x659, 45K)

She's unconscious at the time and in shock. You know, from that whole deep sword slash from her shoulder to her groin and the fall down the stairs.

It's more like the kana for "su" is the closest approximation of "th"i

Yea this is basically it.

>cockblocked by Hojo

Wasn't that Vincent? Never played Crisis Core.

Cloud is ethnically Japanese (even though he has blonde hair and blue eyes, whatever)

>SeeD
formerly used them

OP is talking about events prior to the game’s beginning

I'm pretty sure she talks to him after he picks her up, though it's been years since I played.

Was it intentional that Aerith dressed in a pure outfit but acted like a loud thot? And Tifa dressed like a thot but acted like a good girl

You can shit talk her too. Which is not really possible with Tifa. Also don't forget the "Next to you who wouldn't" line when Tifa asks him how he slept. So I don't really get how Clouds and Aeris lines are supposed to be more flirty?

Hojo cockblocked Zack too. Not necessary to play CC to know that but CC makes it so because he and aerith have a tame relationship before he gets captured.

She was too busy fucking men ten years older than her. She was the hottest girl in school and she used it to be a gold digger.

She was a stupid farm girl in a small town, so it's not as if she had a lot of guys to choose from.

No, that's her narrating on Cloud's memory of the event in the present. SHe's viewing Cloud's memories while stuck with him in the Lifestream.

>thot
really wish fat and pasty NEETs would stop using nigger slang to sound cool

>Remake Tifa outfit

Attached: 1491944206019.jpg (300x222, 9K)

Well it is the same universe as FFX, hell we could say Jenova is just a Sinspawn too if we really wanted.
You mean Seraph, to counter Sephiroth.

>Tifa will never fix your broken soul

Attached: 1495579171081.jpg (1273x1123, 1.3M)

At lesst he is nice enough to give her the D after she proved herself to be a good waifu

So now we are talking optional lines? Before we were not.

You also realize the shit-talking is another way the game is rigged toward Aerith right? Your options are to be a jerk, or be nice and get affection points.

Which also fits with the fact she’s the first character Cloud is particularly kind toward.

Meanwhile with Tifa you can lose points by being merely standoffish, which is how Cloud acts at that point in the game so it would be in character, or simply by not impressing her

And again, aerith wins ties. We know who is favored.

Well not with that attitude. Go become a superhuman maniac.

>We know who is favored.
Yeah, one of them is dead and the other is getting the D.

Tifa wins the triangle by default, since Sephiroth is a Tifafag.

>*Green eyes

He originally had black/dark brown eyes before the mako injections, so you could make a case for him being Japanese.

Attached: cloudsmol.png (298x456, 220K)

>You mean Seraph, to counter Sephiroth.

Yeah, that's better.

Hmm, I never noticed that. Okay, fair enough. He still oughtn't have blonde hair. It should have been Zack who was some white guy with blonde hair and Cloud with black hair.

Sepiroth is an Angeal/Genesis fag who sends Zack to do all the dirty work because he doesn't wanna hurt his besties, and then slowly loses it once they're dead and he starts finding out about Jenova.

Makes you wonder how hard Sephiroth would have flipped his shit and let out/teamed up with Vincent against Hojo had he found out about Lucretia.

Seems more like what you wish to be true, user

Attached: 1561238165929.jpg (736x789, 40K)

That's been retconned ages ago.

Aerith is easier to obtain, but that does not make it canon.

Cloud admitting he left Nibelheim to impress Tifa and spending the night with her right after is canon.

I always thought Tifa had red eyes, but I guess they are amber brown? Okay.

Maybe it would make sense if you completed the game before shitposting, retard.

Attached: 1519060244146.png (528x599, 230K)

SHOW ME A PROOF THAT CLOUD LOVES TIFA YOU FUCKING CAN'T

Mako eyes were retconned? seemed like such a huge plot point in ff7.

Pointing out how the options match Cloud’s tone in the very same scenes is scarcely a wish. People get Aerith first try for a reason, it’s after they learn they can change it that they do

Yeah but Cloud is the protagonist and everyone else already has black hair.

No the brown eyes are, he has blue now prior to the green mako eyes.

Even as a kid this chick pissed me off so much.

>Be vincent.
>Grow up with hot girl.
>Be attracted to each other, she ends up working with your dad.
>Dad dies, she feels responsible.
>She can't date you anymore out of guilt, goes for some ugly scientist guy instead.
>Literally gets herself knocked up by this uncaring scientist guy, you have to be around this shit cause it's your job.
>Scientist guy abuses her, you show concern about it but she gets angry at you all the time.
>Scientist starts experimenting on the baby in her womb, she puts up with it and won't let you
help her.
>Once you die I try to ask hojo whatsup, he uses science shit to knock me out, then tortures me with experiments for years.

Man that whole flashback felt like a poorly written NTR comic. Hojo was obviously a disgusting piece of shit I don't get why she put up with it. Its especially weird cause she was into vincent and took distance from him due to his fire dieing while working with her. Not forward to seeing this shit done to vincent in even more detail.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

And so is him filling his room with flowers in AC.

So is him being nicer to Aerith and laughing along with her when they meet

So is Tifa getting jealous of him flirting with Aerith in shinra HQ

And so is his response to Marlene

So is the entire idea of it being a love triangle...

>white d

Attached: origin_of_Cloud_and_Sephiroth.png (592x136, 29K)

literally anything you say is 100% subjective, nigga. What you call 'getting favourite' is what I call a red herring. Cloud and Tifas relationships has a deeper meaning just because the devs knew Aerith would die. Also even having Barret as a option to date should show you that the dating mini game has no deeper meaning

>blondes
>with brown/dark eyes

Square Enix can't into genetics

BUT CLOUD LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MUSASHI!

play the game you faggot

That is an incredibly base way of putting Lucretia and Vincent's relations and you even still left a lot out.

based

Fucking agreed. proto NTR and it pissed me off even as a kid

Tifa has brown hair.

lifestream sequence

He did. Angeal was your prototype Cloud before Nomura decided to go blonde twink route.

But Musashi used two wooden oars, not a gargantuan slap of sword. Checkmate atheists

>blondes
>with brown/dark eyes
What's the problem here?

Attached: (You).png (640x360, 272K)

>just because the devs knew she would die
Kind of the whole point of everything lol

You seem to stupidly believe I doubt Cloud and Tifa have feelings for one another.

Square has shown us which date happened, which tells us Cloud showed affection toward Aerith. That is it.

Not complicated

>>She can't date you anymore out of guilt, goes for some ugly scientist guy instead.
Hojo wasn't really ugly was he? He has all the beach babes when you see him at Costa Del Sol

FF games have the most retarded stories out there, it's kinda a staple of the series at this point

Tell that to Nomura. He's the one who got his own history wrong.

nah, it's just in your head

formerly chucks

Hojo's got game

I figured that scene was for laughs. He seems like a pasty, pale, gaunt, aging, asshole nerd.

The only reason Cloud wanted Aerith is because he thought he was Zack. Once he stopped thinking he was Zack, Aerith was thrown away, literally.

How is it retarded? She barely had any options. Barret is like twice her age.

Can anyone explain to me why Tseng slapped Aerith in the original game? Like, it's really out of character for him. I thought he had a crush on the girl for a long time?

They're like calico males, abominations of nature and should promptly get euthanized to relieve of the enormous pain it's in at birth

He's single and a good substitute father for Marlene. Race-mixing is shit and all, but you could do worse than Barret.

Have you fucking seen the dude?

Attached: Screenshot8.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)

>filling his room with flowers in ac
that sounds awful lot like fanfiction

The point was that she pushed Vincent away out of her own guilt and that she chose the wrong guy, originally she loved Hojo, which we later found out was more through abuse and stockholm syndrome than anything, to which she would later regret and used her anger at Hojo and Grimoire's death to lash out at Vincent because he looked so similar.

It's her not coming to terms with her own guilt and feelings and lashing out at the people who actually tried to care and save her, it's a pretty common thing among stockholm/abuse victims, they're too scared at a certain point to leave and it becomes the norm for them, it's comfortable, whereas she was scared of hurting Vincent like she believed she did with Grimoire and couldn't forgive herself.

I mean it's more than just NTR, it sucks, it's a shitty thing, but it's more than just NTR. It's a depressing realization of love and guilt, to which Vincent succumbs to as well, you become what you love after all.

Lucretia hooking up with motherfucking Hojo is the dumbest plot point in the franchise. Prove me wrong.

This scene occurs immediately after Reno sets off a bomb that murders hundreds, maybe thousands of innocent people. Yet in the rest of the game nobody mentions this and the Turks ultimately come across as frenemies who are okay people just doing their job.

I imagine something about their characters changed later in development and it was too late to rework this scene.

Untrue on many levels. The most obvious being that he does not think he is Zack and never knew about Zack and Aeris anyway

Talk about fanfiction.

Well, Nomura ... seems that you fucked it up when it comes to Cloud. I can't think of the single similarity Cloud has with Musashi other than having rival Kojiroth. He looks nothing like Musashi and his weapon of choice isn't even close to Musashi's.

Attached: great_job_faggot.png (670x444, 250K)

Hojo is clearly getting all of the women, I don't know what to tell you.

He's an incredibly smart and rich scientist working for the biggest corporation in the world. He's ugly sure, but women ate that up.

>retarded virgin doesn't know what he's talking about
ok, got it

Attached: tifacos2.jpg (1000x667, 132K)

how did this chad who had dreams of being a badass soldier end up being some failure and only make it as a grunt no body? I want to see how they handle his humiliation when he is hiding from everyone in his hometown.

You mean Zack!Cloud right?

>but they always use the Aerith date in promotional stuff for a reason.
Source? Yeah, he's often paired with Aerith in other media but the date stuff are new on me.

It was their job.

Only BASED Cait Sith opposed the plan, and it's really hard to not be that based.

She does that in FF7 too, only it was originally because she loved him. It was just later retconned to give Vincent and actual backstory and character.

Who else is no longer excited for FFVII remake after they saw what they did to Tifa?

Attached: 1560372306846.jpg (1200x700, 165K)

Cloud and Sephiroth being "rivals" never made sense to me in all the expanded material. Sure, in FF7 Cloud wants revenge on Sephiroth for murdering his home town but Sephiroth barely seems to notice or care about Cloud. He's just some grunt that got one over on him in a moment of carelessness.

Tifa’s Asian throat was made for the white cock.

Attached: 1B9CC039-A2A5-4E03-A214-E0034AF63985.jpg (773x1024, 115K)

Wasn't it because he reacted to the Jenova cells (which is uncommon) that made him power up?

Play the game. He was against stuff competition. In Crisis Core, Zach is portrayed as a giga omegachad so obviously Cloud would've never gotten in against dudes like that

The date mechanics show the affection points of the girls, retard

I'm 100% certain they're going to keep most of this but retcon sephiroth into being Vincents kid instead.

Attached: 54J5p8J.png (710x654, 1003K)

Because the 1st Classes were fucking Sephiroth, Angeal, Genesis, and Zack. Pretty high bar. Even then, Cloud is basically 1st Class now.

Why not? As a scientist you'd think she'd find his intelligence attractive.

You can be nice to both girls and still get the Aerith date, just because she starts with more points

that's a big deal to someone like Sephiroth who has LITERALLY never gotten hurt before

>0 fucking dmg

Attached: Sephiroth_guest_battle.png (632x430, 197K)

>Cloud x Tifa
There is nothing more forced than this. Cloud was in love with Aeris. The rest is 100% headcanon.

>black/dark brown eyes

Attached: cloud kid.png (117x251, 18K)

Tifa is best girl. As soon as she leaves, the party starts making stupid decisions like killing Shinra soldiers because they were attempting to save the world with huge materia, the fiends.

That's.... some shitty story telling imo.

Your fanfiction will never become canon, tumblr.
SE has closed the doors to that retarded hc long ago. Hojo is his dad. End of the story. Them making Sephiroth/Aerith siblings has higher chance than Vincent being un-cucked.

Attached: Chadjo.jpg (640x480, 38K)

He's a Jappy.

Wasn't Cloud pretty much the only other Nibelheimer left? I distinctly remember Shinra massacring whatever survivors Sephiroth left behind.
So basically, she cared because he was the only reminder of the home she'd lost.

Originally it was because he was so close to the Mako Reactor, which affected people who were not infused with it. In Crisis Core Zack weakens Sephiroth enough for Cloud to finish him off. It wasn't until afterwards that Hojo snatched them up in an attempt to recreate the Sephiroth Experiment with Jenova Cells.

Well he never acted like it in the game. The obsession is entirely on Cloud's end.

20 years later and we’re still discussing her character (and not her tits).
GOTYAY

Attached: C909A922-F9C3-4563-823F-CF475F51AFE6.png (530x705, 265K)

They go up by Cloud showing he cares about them, and in one instance (the marlene one), this is unambiguous.

I’m not saying he has no feelings for Tifa luckily. I even say Love Triangle.

I forget. What's Tifa's reaction when you walk into the rebuilt Nibelheim? I remember Aeristh asks Cloud if he's a liar.

>Yellow undertone
He is asian, fucking dumbasses...

Attached: 1560257451733m.jpg (1024x958, 95K)

yeah but all those giga chads still paled in comparison to sephiroth while the shitter cloud grabbed his sword still impaled in him, lifted sephiroth off the ground and threw his ass into a chasm.

Was there even a reason given in crisis core why a low lvl goon was able to one-shot a near demi-god soldier? Even if he stabbed him in the back.

There was also Johnny and she banged him as well.

Lets be fair, Vincent has Yuffie and Shelke if he really wanted.

>CC made every Cloud and Aeris interaction connected to Zack even the most iconic shit like her selling flowers
It's like the devs are trying to tell us something

Attached: 1561317191269.jpg (472x643, 41K)

Discussing the relationship, which is basically her character you’re right.

FFVII gets so much shit for being overrated that people forget it was actually a really, really good game. The writing was also exceptionally good but got butchered in translation.

You mean a crazy Sephiroth who lived anyways?

To be fair, this is a really rare thread for Tifa to have, especially as of late.
Only because of the retcon with Zack weakening him, also Mako does crazy ass shit.

yes

“...” I think. Or some kind of confusion.

Doesn't the fact Aerith and Zack literally wave goodbye to Cloud and go into the light TOGETHER make it obvious they're a pair? Iirc in the end of the movie Cloud also realises he was an idiot for not appreciating Tifa who is right there for him.

The whole thing is in Cloud's head. Sephiroth is dead, user.

>that fucking face
my sides

FFVII absolutely has to be the game that gets the most shit out of all of the fondly remembered games. That, or OoT.

Yes, a lot of stuff has been changed ever since AC, people just like to latch onto FF7 solely.

Callbacks don’t change he doesnt act loke Zack or doesnt think he is Zack. CC even makes that more obvious by having Zack be carefree and genki

And of course she’d still be selling flowers lol

Sephiroth focuses on a hatred of Cloud to keep himself together in the lifestream.

Can you actually explain this with common sense with low IQ shit posting? You are either a 12 years old or some dumb fuck who never played the game.

Cloud never knew about Zack and Aerith, fuck he didn't knew who even Aerith was and Zack was out of the picture for him. Not to mention Cloud acts NOTHING like Zack, like seriously he act the exact opposite.

On what level of common sense does this shitty theory works?

To be fair Cloud had the preemptive materia equipped. 20% chance to sneak up on enemies

been too long since I played but how did tifa not call cloud out on his bullshit when he was telling the party about the nibelheim incident where he thought he was zack? wasn't tifa their guide?

No, Sephiroth is dead. All the Sephiroth's you see in the game are Jenova and her cells fucking with Cloud's head. The only time Sephiroth technically comes back is at the very end since he's so close to the lifestream and AC (again through the pyreflies of the lifestream).

That’s probably the case but they changed the ending iirc so I can’t keep track.

Tifa’s whole role is the initially neglected dependable girl who struggles with romance.

>lol

Attached: 1561333047531.png (128x128, 16K)

>ntr

Attached: 1345695226994.jpg (574x493, 76K)

Did Cloud and Aerith both get stung by a bunch of wasps on the right?

Attached: 1560297621381.png (390x367, 180K)

Well yeah, but then in Advent children and all subsequent material it's like the two are epic rivals that clashed in life and hated each-other. It's clear people are injecting fanon into the game and ignoring the actual events of the game. Cloud wanted revenge but he and Sephiroth had barely met and Sephiroth barely remembered him.

OoT never gets shit. It's always remembered incredibly fondly even if people like other games more and it tends to have more general discussion about it and the Temple Functions than FF7 typically gets anymore. This is a pretty rare discussion all around for FF anymore, especially for Yea Forums.

Fanon written after the fact. There's nothing of that in the game.

Tifa got rekt by Sephiroth pretty quickly and she's probably tried blocking a lot of it from her memory, like how Cloud blocks Zack from his.

>But Musashi used two wooden oars
there is a dozen different versions of this legend.

Wtf happened in those right pictures?

I don't understand why are some folks stuck with whole Vincent/Hojo bs just because Hojo is ugly creepy old man. Sephiroth looks nothing like Vincent. He never did. (don't bother bringing me that dumb deviantart Prosopagnosia bs that is related to AC, as if AC is some proof of anything)
Sephiroth was inspired and designed after actual Nip man. Hojo is the only Nip man in 7. Hojo being his papa makes the most sense.
Also... Sephiroth in original portraits looks a lot like Hojo. Pic-related.

Same reason why a grunt with a lesser gun was able to knock out Goku in ROF.

PLOT.

"It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but it's even harder to give up when you know it's everything you want."

Attached: 1502695177972.png (485x903, 468K)

AC is largely ignore anymore. The only things outside of FF7 that really aren't is Vincent's backstory and friendship with Yuffie, Cloud being a mopey pants, Dilly Dally Shilly Shally, and Crisis Core (barring Genesis/Gackt).

yeah but I think she'd remember if cloud was there but he hid behind his helmet the entire time

Pretty sure there's text that shows she's aware that his memories don't match up with hers but she's too afraid to call him out on it.

>forgot to upload

Attached: ff7_sephiroth_portrait.jpg (333x490, 24K)

>Pic-related.

Well that clears it up.

>but then in Advent children and all subsequent material
who cares what a retcon does?

Reverse the roles and you have your average Yea Forums poster

Tifa does explain this. She mentions that initially she thought she remembered things wrong, afterall she took a near fatal wound at the time. Later she realized it was Cloud's mental state that was wrong and she wanted to protect him from breaking.

Visit Gongaga and Zack's parents with Tifa in your party and Tifa will storm out, claiming she never met a Zack Fair in her life. Go after her with Cloud and she'll become angry and tell you to drop it. And by the time you reach the Northern Crater Tifa will start actively lying, claiming Cloud's account for Nibelheim was true even though half his story is chronologically impossible.

Only tumblr, Vincent cucks and fujos are still insisting on that dumb theory regarding Vincent.

>Vincent's backstory and friendship with Yuffie

When did this happen? Why don't they mention it in FF7? How would Vincent be friends with Yuffie? She's only sixteen and he was in suspended animation for a few decades. Makes zero sense.

Why would anybody be friends with Yuffie? She's almost as bad as Rinoa.

It's been years but doesn't Cloud become an unbeatable fucking god because he basically goes "I will try" after vincent gives him a peptalk? I found it funny he gets his ass kicked the entire movie and then becomes unstoppable when he puts in a little effort, he even completely dunks on Sephiroth with almost no effort once he's done playing around

That's not true!
Angeal was fucking stupid too!

Attached: 1478537250189.jpg (528x325, 65K)

My god. Was Hojo the start of the dirty old man/ugly bastard trope?

Well honestly Sephiroth looks more like Grimoire than anybody, which in turn does kind of make him look like Vincent in some ways.

Either way, he's meant to take after Lucretia with Jenova's hair color. He looks more like her than Hojo by far. But Grimoire looks more like Sephiroth than anybody.

It just annoys me that all that shit exists, polluting the public consciousness.

>that design
What went wrong? How did he went from that to that baby faced abomination in remake?

He's specifically talking about the extended material. This was established in DoC.

While yes, it was nice that Zack had someone to look up to and Sephiroth had a bro.

Bro Sephiroth was pretty cool honestly.

>Aeris entire character backstory is tied to Zack now
>even her selling flowers was Zacks idea
>even Clouds meeting with her is now a.copy of how Zack met her
>Cloud copied Zacks story and even part of his mannerisms like the squatting
You have to be retarded to think that these thinks are just 'call backs'.

because the way he is portrayed in the original game is very much a pretty boy

He looks like he has fetal alcohol syndrome in that.
Especially considering the plot twist of 7.

he's speaking thematically, bro.

Imagine if the internet nitpicked his design like they did with Tifa’s.

I figure Hojo was decently looking when he was younger. He probably had that typical cold smart guy look with super sharp features anime like to trope.

Huh, I should have figured Tifa and Aerith were the Asuka and Rei of Vidya, yet I'm still surprised.

Thank you for actually remembering and understanding the plot of a game. It's strangely uncommon.

Yea, but he had mature face. Even in AC abomination they got that part right. In remake he looks like Kadaj with a lip injection.

He probably looked like Huey from MGSV with long hair.

Maybe all the expanded material is dumb shit, typical over-writing of the minute details in a story that pollutes it? See the Star Wars expanded universe and how it injects and adds all this dumb bullshit onto ever trivial little fucking thing in the films.

Of Final Fantasy sure, but of Vidya, nah.

In a sense that Tifa and Asuka are far superior and canon, sure

Attached: AA7C49A9-217E-48E0-8576-2EB4F91C0C0E.jpg (684x1000, 368K)

this user gets it, also their Voice actors got married. So this thing got meta

thighs

Aren't Kadaj and friends supposed to be what Sephiroth looked like when he was younger?

Kadaj->Yazoo->Loz->Sephiroth

That's how I always interpreted how he aged.

Not him, but Normua clearly said he didn't only get thematically inspired after Musashi and Kojiro, but that he ended up designing Cloud and Sephiroth with them in mind.
Sephiroth does kinda look like Kojiro Blanco and has similar sword to his, but Cloud doesn't look like supposed Musashi at all.

Tifa is unrealistic. And you know what? That's just fine. She should remain unrealistic in the remake instead of going for realism to appeal to the normies. The game should also have its original anime look, instead of trying to appeal to the western crowd. We in the west who play Japanese games like them because they're different. We don't want a Japanese version of The Witcher.

>he fails to do anything about it and nearly gets killed too, a martial artist (who would later train tifa) rescues them
While I agree with you on most of the synopsis, this part is absolutely wrong. (guy on the top right is Tifa's dad, BTW, and the other guy is clearly not Zangan)

Attached: ffscmfb.png (2933x1056, 630K)

Maximum fujoshit bait.

It still has the anime look, it's just a tad closer to what AC and general FMVs for 7s franchise got over time.

Why can’t Tifa be real? I’m genuinely pissed off.

Yes and no. Neither of the 3 looked like said Sephiroth. Loz was the weirdest out of 3. Only similarity they had with him was white hair. Kadaj looked like Riku and Yazoo, that was meant to represent Sephiroth's allure, also looked like a completely different guy.

This is the first time that Sephiroth looks like any of them.

Off-topic, but does anyone know what the fuck this was about and why SE never did anything with it?

Attached: DirgeOfCerberusEnding.jpg (1227x728, 256K)

Same thing that went in AC/CC/everywhere else.
Nomura jumped in and said to make Sephiroth according to his fetishes so his pee-pee can get hard.

I'm aware they are facets of him as a person, but it always just made sense to me that it was also his aging process, Loz being the hardest of the 3 to fit in due to his face. Just makes sense to me to view Kadaj as like a 14 year old Sephiroth and Yazoo being like 15-16.

Because SE lost the rights to use Gackt's likeness after Dirge so Genesis just went away forever

Then, who is? Cause I can't think of any other love triangle in video games that reach that level that isn't Tifa and Aerith. Well, technically lover square but I'm excluding Yuffie and Kaworu for convenience sake here, and they're kinda third wheels.

They made CC in an attempt to give Zack his backstory while also working on Genesis, some time after Gackt and them had a falling out, especially over poor reception to DoC (which honestly had an ok story, gameplay was shit though), so they never went anywhere with it.

I'm glad they didn't because Genesis fucking sucks, he'd be an ok character if not for his constant poetry reading.

This , unironically. Nomura wanted Sephiroth that he can fap to.

How did we go from this...

Attached: Sephiroth-ffvii-fmv-altar.png (500x350, 223K)

or maybe it explained what many people thought already to be true, that Cloud copying Zacks story also played a role of how he acted towards Aeris. This makes even more so sense if you considere that Cloud has Jenova cells in his body. Keep in mind that Ifalna said that Jenova presented herself towards the cetra as their dead loved ones to fuck with them and to later kill them

...to this, bros!? what the fuck!

Attached: miss me with that gay shit.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

Yuffie is more Misato, she's that random 3rd girl, with Vincent acting as Kaworu.

And in terms of people who argue over which girl is best Yuna/Lulu/Rikku get tons of arguing as well, granted its less about romance for Tidus and more just "Who is best girl" which is what the Red vs. Blue arguments are. Which sometimes extents to Purple/Misato and hell even Yellow/Ritsuko.

Hmm.

Cloud was weakened due to the geostigma at the beginning of the movie + "I let muh Aeirth dies" so he was weakened noth physically and mentally.

Funny enough, he still stronger than the whole party put together and still beat 2 of the remnants at once after he get back his fighting spirits while he was STILL under geostigma. Once his geostigma is healed he pretty much stomp Kadaj and beat Spehy one to one without using ANY materia.

Cloud is a fucking god in AC for some reason.

Now I'm just imagining what would have happened had Jenova landed on Spira instead during Sin's Reign.

neither is a firey prideful redhead nor a silent emotionless doll.

Oh shit, I never realised that part about Jenova. This makes actually a lot of sense

That's the only shot he looks somewhat decent. Meanwhile...

Attached: kadajroth.jpg (1280x715, 153K)

It was inspiration, not a literal reenvisioning. They were rivals, Sasaki used his drying pole nodachi and Musashi used a large oar (in most tellings). The similarities don't have to go any deeper than that. Neither of them look like the historical person in question and would be bizarre if they did considering the genre FF7 is.