Vidya based on books and literature

What are some other games based on books and literature? What are some examples of games done well based on this? Any books you'd like a vidya adaptation of?

Attached: 220px-Metro_2033_Game_Cover.jpg (220x271, 28K)

I never got around to reading it, though.

Attached: esqc9lt2ecsy.jpg (900x720, 166K)

pretty good adaptation of the story and they made the good ending extremely hard to get which fits the story. Harlan ellison even voices AM in this.
the old neuromancer dos game is also pretty good for its time

Attached: featured1.jpg (1920x1080, 368K)

The Mistborn, they could do a lot of cool gameplay Mechanics, or they could just fuck it up and it be uninspired and dumb.

I mean, I gotta name the obvious ones.

Attached: eqpsiek9qssg2wucbnpc_1024x1024.jpg (800x450, 53K)

I tried reading these and they're such generic fantasy I had to stop

How are they generic? They're polar opposites of Tolkien.
What did you read before Witcher that was like it?

Attached: 10390_18.jpg (616x353, 123K)

This kills the witcherfags

Attached: 51607NRB82L._SY445_.jpg (296x445, 31K)

>generic Tolkien fantasy that has been copied by everyone and their mother thousand times over and over
Thanks for proving my point

Games based on books was really common when you go back 20 years. There's been tons of shit based on HP Lovecraft's work, Castlevania was born from borrowing from classic horror literature, Ubisoft's Tom Clancy universe was based on books, Half Life was based on a Stephen King story, dozens of Sherlock Holmes games, Dune got a game, I could sit here all day and list games based on books. This is something that only stopped happening because the video game market changed. The people who played games also used to read books. That's not true anymore.

>Castlevania was born from borrowing from classic horror literature
Haha no, it's a Hammer Horror ripoff.

The witcher cuck just copied all the east European fairy tales and added edgy language and sword fights

Hammer Horror is adaptations of books, user.

Confirmed for both not reading the books beyond the first two short story collections (which were just collections of short stories that were from his early days of writing mini stories for newspapers) and being underage. Throw in some more buzzwords too for good measure.

Notoriously unfaithful and "shlock" adaptations with shitload of even more shlock sequels.
And Castlevania is specifically based on the Hammer Horror designs/versions and not original source materials.

Well this is because games (specially PC games) were for nerds who were obsessed with sci-fi, fantasy and played D&D and shit like that. There's some really comfy games to be found there.

Imagine defending somebody elses creation this vehemently
It's so easy to spot people who have done absolutely nothing with their lives because they latch onto the accomplishments of others and defend them as if they were their own

Keep moving the goalpost.

>OH SHIT IM LOSING AN ARGUMENT
>AHA LITTLE DOES HE KNOW I CAN PULL MY AD HOMINEM CARD
I can do it too, eat shit.

don't even know if this real but I love the old sci fi look

Attached: 1429235493729.jpg (500x810, 96K)

very different from the book tho

Actually that pollock hack decided to rip off Michael Moorcock instead.

Attached: A4DCBE37-5A05-49B9-921A-197272E50319.jpg (616x353, 36K)

Ah, vintage bait.

>Humans
>Dwarves
>Elves
>Dragons
>Sorcery
I like the Witcher novels and the first two games are among my favourite RPGs but saying they're the opposite of Tolkein is fucking retarded