Hey fellas, remember when your gramps would get ya the vidya your parents wouldnt get ya?

Hey fellas, remember when your gramps would get ya the vidya your parents wouldnt get ya?
Dont forget to give her a call and tell her you love her.

Attached: 6d719db2afc4842e4600d7f8d14ee2bcdc0d4b3f_hq.jpg (1008x756, 51K)

my grandparents just got me clothes

God I miss my grandmother.

she's dead from cancer

Attached: 1pj8u4gfaw431.jpg (1080x1920, 93K)

Grandma died this year. She bought me a GameCube and Super Mario Sunshine. Best birthday ever. Miss you every day grandma

she died lol

She's dead and you just reminded me of her ;_;

Yea Forums - Dead Grandmas

What was it like growing up with a really close family like that? Do you really get big Christmas feasts and presents from your grandparents all the time? I had my parents, but the rest of my family has always been spread all over the country. I'd rarely get to see any of them and don't feel like I know them at all. No siblings either.

Same, I still have my grandmother on my mom's side but my other one passed last year and her husband early this year

My grandmother was the only family member outside of my parents that I was close with, and she was also the only one that would come to visit. I mainly saw her during holidays, but it was always a treat. She was this source of unconditional warmth and support that I've never experienced anywhere else. Very much would light up the room wherever she went.

She was even more annoying with games, I could only play Diablo when I learned to pirate, many years after it was already old.

Grandmas and grandpas are nice.

I wish I could have experienced having a nice old grandfather. My grandpa had severe anxiety and never talked with us much when we'd come to visit. After he died, I learned that he was also a major piece of shit while my dad was just a kid, threatening to kill my grandmother if he ever stepped out of line. He died a sad, confused old man.

I'm glad I'm still young enough to have my grandparents still. My mom's side of them is doing well, but my dad's side used to be big smokers and drinkers, now it's at the point where my grandmother needs an oxygen tank with her when she leaves the house. I wouldn't want my life to be dictated by that shit honestly.

You can't call the dead.
But I still love them and hope they're happy where they are.

She bought me Legend of the Dragoon when it came out.
>Call her user
She passed away a year ago. I curse my family for not allowing me to see her

Attached: 1559150890199.jpg (851x685, 119K)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that she got me Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga when I was a kid, took a few years for me to beat cause I was a dumb shit but it's one of my favorite games ever.

>gramps
>her
gramps means grandfather

inb4 tired tranny jokes

she turns 93 on Tuesday and we had a little get together for her today
she stood in line at Target on the Wii's release day to make sure she got me one for Christmas that year
I love her so much bros

my grandparents are in a different country lmao

Both mine are dead. Grandma on my mother's side would always watch Pokemon in the afternoon with my sister and cousin. She'd always ask what time Pikachu was on.

>my grandpa bought me Soul Calibur 2 in an attempt to bond
>he's dead now

I feel like an asshole when I think about it. He offered and I took him up on it.
I never saw the look on his face when he saw Ivy either. Probably just sadness.

>mom thread
>everyone talking about their moms and replying so their mother doesn't die in her sleep
>mine is dead

>grandma thread
>everyone talking about their dead grandmas
>mine is alive

bit of a lonely feel

>Grandmas would always scold and lecture me about everything
>Grandpas would always sneak me cool shit like old comics and sweets

Who else had based Grandpas

My final grandmother died almost a decade ago
she died a great-great grandmother though
she had a hard life

mine is alive as well
she's not white though and looks like she's gonna live until 100
maybe its a white people thing with grandparents dying youngish?

My grandma and grandpa of both sides of the family hated us.

my stereotypical white grandma is in her mid 90s and lives alone, drives, and walks a mile to the beach 5 days per week

>2012
>Having living relatives

Attached: 2008.jpg (1024x768, 266K)

>Hey fellas, remember when your gramps would get ya the vidya your parents wouldnt get ya?
No.

good for her
but I feel like most of them get lonely and lose the will to live alone

My room looks like that currently, No fucking clean ass battlestation meme set up. Maybe when I get out of this depresionfuck i'll clean it all up. At least there isn't anything rotting, just trash and 3 times my weight in liquor bottles

>see ad for spyro the dragon
>think to myself it's kiddie shit and not hardcore enough for a mature 4-year-old gamer such as myself
>grandpa gives it to me for christmas or birthday or something
>damn
>it becomes my favorite series for several years

Skyrim Grandma has a youtube channel and she calls all of her viewers her 'grandkids' and it's surprisingly comforting

Mine died from leukemia.
I feel incredibly guilty because it's the second death in the family and this time I didn't cry or hurt at all. The first one(my aunt who died in a wreck and we adopted her daughters) got two days max out of me being upset, then I didn't care anymore. The more I try to make myself feel upset, the more guilty I feel that I can't.