Why doesn't Bethesda hire Avellone and the key people who worked on New Vegas and create a New Vegas 2...

Why doesn't Bethesda hire Avellone and the key people who worked on New Vegas and create a New Vegas 2? It's understandable that they don't want to outsource another fallout game but why are they abandoning something that's always been a fan favorite?

Attached: 9d0.jpg (584x540, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OmBxVfQTuvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Josh Sawyer was probably the reason New Vegas is so good, but Avellone hates him.

Kill yourself. Another new Vegas would be pure shit. No one wants another game in the same setting other than retarded obsidian drones who thought redd it tier humor was great. NV was a buggy mess and a mediocre FPS.

At least it was a role playing game. That alone makes it better than the shit Bethesda makes nowadays

>better namedrop Avellone because he is literally the only videogame writer I know about
>nevermind he barely worked on New Vegas, I gotta look like I know what the fuck I'm talking about

Bethesda is spiteful in my opinion. I get the feeling sometimes when I ran across half implemented ideas pulled from new vegas.

Yeah I don't know what I'm talking about, never claimed I was. Don't know what you're trying to imply. I don't work in game development.

And yet it's still the best setting from nu-fallout. No one cares about the Capital Wasteland or the Commonwealth. People are interested in the Legion and NCR conflict.

Strictly in terms of setting, I enjoyed the Capital Wasteland more than New Vegas. NV gets everything else right though.

The Commonwealth feels very boring to both by comparison.

Attached: A25D02E1-7020-45B2-ABAF-97CFCD283BE9.jpg (1220x614, 204K)

You dont even know what the fuck you are talking about.
Fuck off Zoomer.

>People still pretend New Vegas was good solely because it was better than 3
Yikes.

>New Vegas 2
We don't need another rerun wtf
We need a game to take place in a new region, like the Southeast, Southwest, or Texas Commonwealth

new vegas was boring and fucking awful
>b-but muh roleplaying
absolute shit
characters were bland or retarded
anyone thinking this game has deep characters/dialogues should go to his doctor

Attached: sleep.gif (464x332, 1.84M)

>hire Avellone
Avellone hates Fallout and ruined 2 with his shitty memes. He did the same shit in Lonesome Road where he wants to turn the West Coast into a Bethesda-tier wasteland.

I'm like 90% sure that Bethesda fucked them over pretty good by the end of it, leading to them basically saying 'this is why the relations between developers and publishers is shit-- because neither side can exist without the other, but neither side has bothered to understand the other fully'

Amidst unnecessary demands and general fuckery Obsidian were of the collective opinion that basically Bethesda were a bunch of jackasses with nothing really good going for them who coast off the hard work of genuinely talented people that they don't recognize properly
I guess that could've just been some shit a youtuber said

Sawyer has been cucked, I have no hope on nuObsidian pulling off new vegas

>rerun
I'll take it at this point. Anything to get my mind off the bethesda fallouts...

Because like Tango and Arkane, Bethesda only worked with Obsidian to try and buy them out, Obsidian didn't take.

>game reveal trailer at e3
>screen fades into mojave desert, this song starts youtube.com/watch?v=OmBxVfQTuvI
>blah blah blah, trailer ends with a view of new vegas more developed like the concept art, but the lucky 38, shiny, and right in the middle
>''..and the difference is you...'' and the release date shows at the little ending chime

Attached: 9jxcfnj4n4dy.jpg (1280x800, 598K)

too much pride

>

Attached: 70feecdb-2cbd-42d0-9588-704f15dc2e04.jpg (1920x835, 469K)

Fucking this so much.

>HEY MORTY LOOK I TURNED MYSELF INTO A VIDEOGAME

>Why doesn't Bethesda hire Avellone and the key people who worked on New Vegas and create a New Vegas 2?
I thought it was an open secret that Bethesda tried to buyout Obsidian during/after New Vegas' development? Similar to what they tried with Human Head during Prey 2's development, but they slipped away too.

I'm sure Bethesda would love to have Obsidian perpetually make more Fallout games so they could have a quicker roll out of games like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, etc, but they also probably want complete control over the devs working on said projects, hence why they don't outsource any of their IPs to third party devs anymore.

Attached: 1540263675954.png (174x282, 82K)

>We don't need another rerun wtf
Someone asking for a New Vegas 2 doesn't mean they're literally asking for a game to take place in the same region, they just want another game with the same design sense that New Vegas had. Why is this so hard for some people to understand.

"New Vegas 2" is a lot less clunky to say than "another game like New Vegas".

>Why doesn't Bethesda hire Avellone and the key people who worked on New Vegas and create a New Vegas 2?
They don't want to hire them, user, they want to own them. Also Avellone has worked with Bethesda since New Vegas. He contributed to Prey 2017 as a freelancer, iirc.

Attached: 1540489804758.png (1200x628, 463K)

>there are people who unironically believe that shit like DUDE LETS BUILD A TOWN AROUND A NUKE THREE DAWG AWOOOO and HATE NEWSPAPERS IT JUST WORKS are better than new vegas despite all it's problems

I don't want NV2. I want a remastered NV with all the cut content they planned.

Beth hire the team that gave us the best story of a fallout universe which undermines anything they put out?

Fuck no they gonna do that. Bethesda already treats New Vegas as a stain and like it shouldn't exist. Hence Fallout 4 and such a mess that game was

Fuck a sequel, just make one set in the Texas/Louisiana cmlth and call it a day. Spiritual successor with the western vibe that NV had.
>tornado alley with twisters of rads that blow through occasionally and force you to find cover
>rodeo steers that mutated into literal minotaurs that charge at you on two legs
>raider gang that has a working fleet of pre-war motorbikes living in an oil refinery
>radio is the 50's/60's big band and pop that fallout uses, but has a strong twinge of rockabilly/jazz/surf

Attached: 1559265004735.jpg (151x233, 10K)

How could a sequel even work with how the original ended? Who claimed hoover dam? House, NCR? What we need is a fallout game set in the wild areas of Detroit.

i seriously don't get the rick and morty shit with this game

when todd said that they don't need to do something like they did with obsidian because bethesda had become large enough to do everything internally i laughed my ass off. Todd, there is NO WAY bethesda can make a game like new vegas. it's just not in the cards.

>all these people not wanting to continue the story of California and Nevada

Why do you hate the cradle of the franchise? Fallout isn't a sightseeing tour like TES games, the point is the roleplaying.

>he doesn't roleplay and go sightseeing

Attached: 1548619185187.jpg (244x207, 9K)

They don't want your money. How much more do they have to do to prove it?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-11-23h32m20s279.png (1920x1090, 1.81M)

One of the characters kinda looks like Rick and the game is going for that same sense of "humor".

Imagine if they bamboozled everyone and made Fallout: Arizona with the Legion ending as canon?

Then people could get more than just the cut content, they'd get the whole Legion territory experience. And probably jizz all over Bethesda's plans for a le epic Brotherhood vs NCR Fallout 5.

>driving
>on the creation engine
user, i...

A New Vegas 2 could be set entirely in an expanded Vegas town.

i don't see the humor part. but i never found rick and morty to be funny anyway

If I had to pick I'd take the former though

People were hyped for Appalachia and look how that turned out

Attached: file.png (900x900, 1.64M)

shit. reply fucked up

>>there are people who unironically believe that shit like DUDE LETS BUILD A TOWN AROUND A NUKE THREE DAWG AWOOOO and HATE NEWSPAPERS IT JUST WORKS are better than new vegas despite all it's problems

>Republic of Dave
>Robotman vs. Antwoman
>generic Orks swarming everywhere
>Recycle The Enclave

I wouldn't want a sequel, a remake with the cancelled parts restored and integration with DLC would be great though

Golden Age PC game devs were all actual nerds with a juvenile sense of humour. The "zany" shit and pop culture references in Fallout 2 were probably actually funny to the developers, unlike modern "nerd" "humour" which is manufactured cringe.

>Bethesda only worked with Obsidian to try and buy them out, Obsidian didn't take.
Avellone has specifically refuted this.
>like Tango and Arkane
And this is just made up. Only one company has ever claimed Bethesda deliberately tried to sabotage their own multi-million dollar project just to buy out the company working on it and it's a shit tier nobody company so it's hard to believe Bethesda would ever want them. Their game was shit and so it was cancelled. It's as simple as that.

i think bethesda is fully capable of creating a new good fallout game. the issue with their take on fallout is that unlike their elder scrolls games they go "hey wouldn't it be cool if..." and just do that without making sure if the "hey wouldn't it be cool if..." concepts mesh and form a cohesive unit. there is no logic behind it. if they inserted some degree of logic behind all of the zaniness then i think that would be infinitely better than the slop that was 3 and 4.

Attached: mashta windoo.jpg (650x366, 94K)

Sequel always shit according to Yea Forumsirgin

so, only fun for autists?

I want whoever wrote the survivalist logs to make a Fallout game.

>conveniently forgets that this ACTUALLY already happened before.
fuck off, there was a town with A-bomb worshipers on Tactics