There will never be another console this cozy, versatile, and generally perfect again

>There will never be another console this cozy, versatile, and generally perfect again
It's no wonder this thing is nearly the best selling console of all time. Also DS Thread

Attached: lite.jpg (586x496, 26K)

this little shit was peak pocket comf.
especially being a kid without a phone.
this is why i'm hoping the new switch model rumored is gonna fill this void.

bump

DS Lite > DS Phat > DSi XL > DSi

Can someone recommend me a non rpg for the ds? Im already playing Etryan Oddisey and its going somewhat slow.

The DS Castlevanias are great

I fucking love handhelds

Attached: 20190520_223236.jpg (4032x3024, 3.44M)

I feel you user but phones really ruined these types of devices, even if you have a ds or gba with you, you’ll never feel as comfy with one as you did when you were a kid. Since smartphones have become the norm, you lose that comfy feeling all together. We’re stuck in void deep down where vidya comfy will never be achieved like the glory days

I think I’m having an existential crisis

i seriously hate the mushy buttons of the ds lite

Excellent improvement over the fat bulky model that was the original Nintendo DS. Better lighting, bigger easier to pull out stylus and more intuitive microphone! Proud to say I still have my near 10 year old red DS Lite.

It's all true except the part that it's really fragile and screens die very quickly and it's a total bitch to repair. DS Lites at least.
I've stuck up a bunch of them just in case.

Also, playing GBA games on the DS sucks.

DRAGON QUEST HEROES: ROCKET SLIME
THANK ME LATER user
BEST DS GAME
FUCKING FIGHT ME IF YOU DISAGREE

Off the top of my head:
Rocket slime
Custom robo arena
New super Mario bros
Also I remember the transformers movie tie in game for ds being cool

Yeah, the DS Lite is much brighter (4 levels of brightness opposed to 2 on the original DS Phat), has much more vivid colors, has a longer battery life, is sleeker and is lighter than the original DS Phat.

The only bad things about the DS Lite are the frail hinges, worse D-Pad, GBA cartridges stick out a bit, and no option to turn off the backlight like on the original DS Phat.

in a perfect world, nintendo would release either a phone, or a minimal phone accessory to have your phone be a handheld, but still comfy.

I had a DS but when the ds lite came out, it was released after I purchased a PSP. that I swear was the purest of handhelds of this time

is this a literal bot

Small N3DS says hi.

Elite Beat Agents, Ghost Trick, Rhythm Heaven, and Jump Ultimate Stars. Oh, and 999.

>Small N3DS says hi.
None of the 3DS models are able to play GBA cartridges (and thus no DS + GBA connectivity like Pokemon 3rd -> 4th Gen transferring), and they have black borders around DS games.

>None of the 3DS models are able to play GBA cartridges (and thus no DS + GBA connectivity like Pokemon 3rd -> 4th Gen transferring), and they have black borders around DS games.
Just inject the things as cias. Plus being able to play 3DS games is a perfectly fine trade off for no Pal Park.

Unless there's some hack all GBA games on DS display small screen and stick to A and B buttons that are right on the edge of the console. It's sucks, just get SP or emulate on something else.

DS>3DS

Ive yet to play and dq game, will I still enjoy it?
Ghost Trick done, 999 dont work. Gonna try the other ones.

999 sucks, its a fucking visual novel

i bet you're one of those who hate ps4 games because they're "interactive movies"

I have a PS4, though.

I don't care how bulky the original DS was. The controls felt god-tier. The (N)3DS never returned to that level of quality.

this thing had to be one of the best handhelds of all time. comfortable to hold, 10/10 aesthetics, perfect stylus placement. the buttons are also not clicky like the 3DS ones, so they feel much nicer

I've been playing Animal Crossing on it lately, I've been in the mood for an AC game and I didn't wanna play New Leaf so I started a town on this one. it is very fun. it's basically City Folk as a handheld. I've also been sick for the past week, so playing it is peak comf

Attached: [VCB-S&philosophy-raws][K-ON!!][17][BDRIP][Hi10P FLAC][1920X1080].mkv_snapshot_20.13.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

>999 sucks
Brainlet
This nigga gets it

Attached: 20190601_085443.jpg (3264x2448, 1.66M)

>tfw you will never pictochat with friends again

The original DS has a god-tier D-Pad, and the handheld has this certain weight to it that makes it not feel cheap like later DS and 3DS models. It was the last Nintendo console made of Nintendium.

What DS games took the most advantage of the hardware?

TWEWY, admittedly, I havent played many ds games yuet, but I was amazed at how it used everything the stylus and console had to offer to the point I cant imagine how it plays on other consoles even when I know theres 2 other ports already.

TWEWY

Attached: twewy god hand edit.png (744x594, 590K)

Trauma Center

They basically had to take away to the dual screen aspect to fit it on one screen and as a result, the combat loses a bit of its complexity. I enjoyed the ports for what they were but I’ll always go for the original.

Attached: solo remix .jpg (960x640, 248K)

The ds lite was great.
The 3ds is better because it plays everything the ds lite did plus more. No need for a Chinese card either. The emulation is top notch as well.

bumping

Wario master of disguise has you blow on the mic to fly for one of the transformations. I thought it was pretty ingenious. Phantom Hourglass also has a couple of gimmick puzzles that use the mic and close the screens.

>and close the screens.
Is this the worst puzzle? When TWEWY and Hotel Dusk forced me to do it I had to check a guide.

Has anyone else been collecting DS stuff lately? They’re dirt cheap right now so it’s the best time.

but there was one after that

Attached: 2ds.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

i still have one with a flash cart for travelling
eternal backlog of DS games

>console fags constantly shit up the place with war threads
>handheld chads actually play games and talk civilly with each other
Feels good

Attached: 1526568777017.png (512x416, 52K)