What went right?

What went right?

Attached: 91eQ-DWWfML._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1372, 402K)

fuckable monsters

MH has an interesting lore and great aesthetics. Making a monster collector game out of it seems like an obvious choice.

this

the game is trash

>rock, paper, scissors combat with no depth
>very few armor sets
>very little monster diversity
>10 year-old tier story that drags on for 60 fucking hours

Right? Pretty sure this game was a fiasco in Japan.

examples?

I'm sad that they seem to have given up on it

but that's just monster hunter in general

Why the fuck hasn't 1.2 dropped

Cheval

Attached: 6ba1734bf51bca7b54b0ef17f6e9128d.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

rip

Quropeco came back
which just begs the question as to why he hasn't been in any of the main games since 3

Attached: 1504963944537.jpg (1500x1508, 211K)

Well certainly not the updates. WHERE ARE THEY CAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

The combat killed this for me.

God I wish it was on the Switch. Not for port begging reasons, but just so it woudn't have gotten dropped out of the public eye like a hot potato after a couple of months.

Because crapcom are dicks.

>rock, paper, scissors combat with no depth
You didn't even play it then.

Is the anime any good? I need something nice and simple to chill with after work.

Give me Stories 2 already Capcom you cunts

Attached: 39960917_p1.png (1060x709, 334K)

They released it for mobile so it doesn't matter how shitty the combat system is because there's really no better alternative

Tell me Yea Forums, who was /yournigga/

Attached: brute niggas.jpg (400x240, 83K)

Sequel when
Rideable Hermitaur when

>the amount of greasy homosexual neckbeards and furries/scalies that liked this game
yoinkies

Attached: 1550181646856.jpg (342x316, 14K)

What monsters do you want to fuck?

Stayed on my team the whole game and never let me down.

Attached: Monster-Hunter-Stories-Barroth.jpg (1104x700, 55K)

It did a phenomenal job of adapting the monsters ti the artstyle, for one

Can't flimflam the zimzam

Attached: 49187917_p0.jpg (1042x1042, 92K)

A lot of aspects of it I felt were adapted pretty well. The quest board, material gathering, even the monster gene system for better or for worse was like the charm/deco grinding sort of.

>Can't ride best monster
yeah it's shit
I honestly had more fun with this game than with any post gen 6 Pokémon game

Attached: 1473264277871.png (783x739, 365K)

surprised there were two small monster hunter stories threads today

never ever

Attached: 1539981359002.jpg (1200x1031, 407K)

It got more wrong than right.
>combat system is a joke.
>instead of Diablos turning to Black Diablos. BBlos was its own monster you hatched
>this goes for alot of monsters to Gravios being a huge example
>story that dragged on for way too long
>a story so cringy and basic that pokemon looks like Tolkien.

the world and designs of the monsters were fine. they just needed to make a game play that is more than 3 color choices.

I played this on mobile and it was pretty fun for a demo. But is it worth the full 3DS price?

>my favorite monster is in
Fuck yes

Attached: 1424993452641.jpg (1000x1000, 297K)

New monster hunter game with the graphics of stories when? And no shitty mhworld slopes

Last I checked there was a demo that covered the entire first chapter of the game and let you transfer your demo save to the full game, so maybe give that a try

Attached: 1470182444930.jpg (1500x1800, 744K)

if you can get a used copy sure.
its fun for what it is.
but it is super kiddie. dont expect much.

Attached: 1558938431460.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

What was your favorite kinship skill?

>tfw can't use rajang because 1.2 never ever

Attached: 1544841109451.jpg (600x776, 112K)

Attached: 1561245565382.png (551x419, 678K)

>we got the phone version in the west but even it doesn't have the 1.2 stuff while the jap version dies

sequel when?

Attached: MHRockyBelieve_in_Yourself.webm (400x240, 2.85M)

>Excellent art style
>Adapts many of the little details from MonHun well
>Fun animations that reference the source material
>Good character customization
>Gene system allows you to upgrade the monsters you've already caught, instead of having to take the time to breed a perfect one or something.
Also I liked the battle system. The monsters having automated attacks with a meter you can use to occasionally command them adds to the feeling of battling a tamed monsters. I prefer it to the combat in something like Pokemon.

>main character silent throughout the game
>starts speaking in the final cutscene of the game

Attached: 1549511352757.jpg (256x256, 24K)

>Valfalk DLC
Oh fuck you. I want a rideable jet dragon!

Attached: MHXX Switch Demo Valfalk Brave Gunlance ¤6_12¤.webm (1280x720, 1.28M)

Basically everything, it's really fun and one of the best looking 3DS games.

Avinia.

Win RPS and spam the strongest attack that can't be RPS. How is that deep?

Attached: 3f2.jpg (260x194, 12K)

is there an english patch for 1.2 that you could use with citra or something?

>Better than any 3DS Pokemon
>Great aestheric
>Simple and Fun game, no competitive bullshit
>Shit ton of monsters and all of them got custom animations
>Pic related

To bad we will probably never get a sequel, because it didn't matched Capcom's expectation. IIRC, the sales of the game weren't THAT bad.

Attached: s4d54qsd.jpg (210x240, 19K)

I will never forget the week after this game release, threads were so comfy.

The update gave the option to make your Character look exactly like her.

There is, but it's not completely finished and it's missing some text, you can find it on 3dsiso

Attached: 1535947833901.jpg (463x422, 74K)

Don't forget the breeding mechanics are even more ludicrously time consuming and random making every aspect of building a competitively viable monster a fucking endless kaleidescope of dice roles and grinding

It just needs a good fix on the mechanics. I just couldn't bother with the postgame because the whole monstie breeding looked even more convoluted than in Pokemon, it was just not worth it. Also best boy Glavenus apparently required egg shards to get it and fuck that noise I was so disappointed when I found out.

Please post more Avinia, does she even have art?

Actually, the funniest part of the game is that almost all of the monster animations are recycled from the main series

I think only the big kinship attacks have new ones

Attached: 1545939327829.webm (720x404, 2.9M)

I thought the way to get glavenus was to do online matches with a specific ruleset and the winner would get shards that you could eventually put together to get a glavenus. Or at least I think that's how it worked, I just got him with a save editor.

If you want I could make a team of shitmons real quick and we can do some battles so you can get some easy wins for Glav.

>Gene system allows you to upgrade the monsters you've already caught, instead of having to take the time to breed a perfect one or something.
It's a thousand times worse than breeding cause you STILL have to hatch a billion eggs only instead of being able to mass produce them you have to go through a lengthy process just to get ONE. Finding monsters with the genes you want is grind, picking an egg of the monster you want is a dice roll, the monster having the gene you want is a dice roll, THE MONSTER HAVING THE GENE YOU WANT ON THE RIGHT GENE SLOT IS A DOUBLE TOASTED TAMPON OF A DICE ROLL

Where are my himecut bros?

Holy shit that's even worse what the fuck Capcom.

No, it's fine, I only beat the story and was done with it, was a pretty fun game but I have no interest in the postgame or building more monsties.

Attached: 1525376605085.jpg (398x356, 29K)

How popular was the anime in Nipland ? Can it be our saving grace for a sequel ? After the shistorm happening around Pokemon /ss/ you'ld think this is a great time to give the series another try.

Attached: qsdqs4d45.jpg (435x486, 78K)

Nigga, you are crazy, is much more easier than pokemon breeding. I made a elder dragon type generic Raptor monster (I completely forgot its name right now) and killed Fatalis with it just because I could.

You'd get shards even if you lost, but less of them.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, gene farming still sucked absolutely immense amounts of ass, but I still prefer it to breeding in pokemon, because I can upgrade the monsters that are already on my team, instead of having to put shit on hold to go ride my bike infront of the daycare. So I guess in that case I concede it's more personal preference than an something that went right.

This game has potential, but crapcom fucked up with his shitty marketing campaign.

>What went right
The threads. They were comfy as fuck because they were all people who just bought the game playing through it together and giving each other tips. They didn't get forced and overstay their welcome when people were done playing, either. Good times.

Dude, they lasted just one week, ONE WEEK! When i finally got my game on that week Saturday i was left alone.

>viable endgame Tech monsters
Seregios
>viable endgame speed monsters
Kirin
Green Nargacuga
>everything else is literally a Power monster
Gee I wonder why. Absolute horrendous variety

You are FACTUALLY wrong
The hardest part of breeding Pokemon is getting the right parents with good IV's which if you have a 6 IV ditto, that's half the work done. Once everything's set up you can mass produce eggs and hatch them with minimum concentration or effort until you get the right one. With monster Hunter not only are you constantly forced to concentrate on what your doing but you're forced to get a series of dice rolls to all land in your favor in one go. With Pokemon, moves, nature, and species can all be fixed with the only dice roll being the IVs. With monster Hunter it's species, move, and move slot that are all random with no way of minimizing the rng, and it requires constant attention and effort on top of it.

Fuck you, I hatched like 100 eggs trying to get a female popplio with liquid voice and good IV. I didn't have to do this shit in MHS.

>horrible breeding
>no Compendium
>that framerate
>oversaturation of Power monsties
>the only water Monstie is basically Barroth
>boring post-story content
>has a hidden IV mechanic for no reason
>RARE SPECIES ONLINE GENERAL

>No compendium.
user, have you even play the game?

That’s why you teach them attacks with different types/special attacks.

did I miss something then? There absolutely was nothing similar to a Demon Compendium which made breeding an absolute shit

Barioth's a pretty viable speed monster. What you're really looking for are monsters with the Combo moves, they're cheap, strong, and really good for abusing monsters with a strong attack type bias.

Do what? Hatch 100 eggs? Cause you still have to do that, only there's more RNG involved and more effort required to get eggs.

In Pokemon all you do gotta do is ride in a straight line and occasionally mash B and you output eggs at a much higher rate compared to MH. Even if it takes a long time at least you aren't forced to stay glued to the 3DS for most of it.

Oh, you mean something that allows you to create monster out of nowhere for just money? Then yeah, there is none, but pokemon doesn't have that either.

Shame they turned it into a phone game.

user, seriously, I can't see how MHS breeding was hard to you, I had a great time I can't remember anything negative.

because you can't compare the breeding to Pokemon. The breeding is just Demon Fusion in Megaten except fucking horrible because of how many resources it requires along with no Compendium

The phone game even shut down. Stories is dead.

Post your monsters.
>TFW miiverse is ded.

Attached: 156133997549496350062.jpg (1920x2560, 1.5M)

Unless there's a simpler method to farming genes that I'm not being told about I can't understand how people put up with this shit. But nobody has corrected me or offered an easier method.

Maybe is simply not just for you. I had loads of fun with this game and did everything that could be done...but crapcom is a bitch and will never release the update.

Attached: 15613404552401586298199.jpg (2560x1920, 1.31M)

Bump...

>tfw miiverse died before I got a new 3DS

Attached: monst.png (1063x675, 1.72M)

>I got an idea enough of these boring straightforward unga bunga Monsties. Let's make one with an actual unique gimmick
>brilliant, give it Velocidrome stats.

Attached: file.jpg (640x380, 44K)

>great baggi is one of the latest monsters you can get and is utter garbage
what the fuck were they thinking?

Glavenus seemed kind of weirdly proportioned

Attached: WVW69kqZYioTHPcd1.png (800x480, 549K)

>tfw fighting the wild version of these fuckers for the first time and it uses that "call of the pack" skill

Attached: 1533783795500.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

I wish there were more threatening monsters in the wild. I liked that you could get fucked by a Pinkian or level 40 Crab shortly after you exit the first area

We already know user, Pokemon sucks ass

Attached: 1538956292382.png (400x400, 118K)

bump

>Using male MC.

>he doesn't Meido+Hammer