You've been tasked to make a new genre of video game. What do you make? Remember, it has to be unique

You've been tasked to make a new genre of video game. What do you make? Remember, it has to be unique.

Attached: 1556500644656.png (614x501, 644K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/246900/Viscera_Cleanup_Detail/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Sound:_Kaze_no_Regret
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wait this dude writes books

>The Wizard and Attack of the Dragon the Dragon

The Wizard and Attack of the Dragon the Dragon

>WIZARD DRAGON
>ATTACK DRAGON
Who would win?

the attack dragon would probably do a lot of damage at the start but the wizard dragon would eventually come out on top with his plethora of spells

I really don't think you can come up with anything that's truly unique. Anything you do can be fit into one of the very base genres. I challenge anyone to come up with ANY video game idea that isn't a simulation, rpg, shooter, beat em up, fighter, sports game, racing game, point and click, object find, puzzle, platformer, etc..at least in some way. Nothing can really be unique at this point, everything is one of those or takes elements from 2 or more and puts them together in a unique way.

Social manipulation games.
You don't do things yourself, you deceive and manipulate AI into doing things for you, but the AI has a will of its own and will get suspicious or resist you if it thinks it can't trust you.

Wizard dragon wins at range, attack dragon wins up close and/or in extended fights.

Dragon game where you hoard shit.
Your objective is to collect shit and prevent people from stealing your shit.
Overrall stats are increased based on the size of your hoard.
Stats can include things like intimidation, size, etc.
Option to hibernate for increased stats at the risk of being attacked unawares.

Elements of an tower defense game where you customise your lair.
Elements of an RPG where you customise your dragon.
Elements of an RTS where you command followers to gather resources.
Elements of a third or first person game where you directly control the dragon.
Elements of a simulation game by incorperating a living world for this to inhabit.

Attached: Dragon Dream game.jpg (3300x2318, 851K)

Extremely accurate and realistic simulation-style games (a la Train Simulator and its ilk) for jobs and professions that don't exist.

Attached: 1532288197040.gif (400x400, 2M)

That's a really interesting idea to be desu

New genre- one where you don't play them and shitpost on Yea Forums.

Tell me more.

THE

Cleaning spaceships after an alien attack

Already exists, Viscera cleanup.
store.steampowered.com/app/246900/Viscera_Cleanup_Detail/

There's three ways you could take that (which I guess is a good sign if it's a genre):
>professions from the past that don't exist anymore, or at least not in modern society such as tribal jobs or people who worked with old technology for a living; perhaps even Inventor Simulator where you have to discover things
>professions that may exist in the future, from incredibly high-tech but mundane professions to shit in space like Moonbase Alpha
>Come up with some completely fictional bullshit and just make it so specific that it feels like an accurate simulator from another universe
It'd almost be a lampoon of some of the sillier shit that does exist. I swear I was on the Switch eShop and saw that Airport Runway FireFighter Simulator was a game you could buy that costs $40.

This seems like it already broke that ground I guess.

Considering the modern "hype" genres like MOBAs and Battle Royales, you can create a sub-genre with mechanics unique enough to iterate on other genres (rts DotA and LoL vs tps Smite, building focused Fortnite vs hero focused Apex).
Autochess got popular just recently, and it's a mix between rts without micro and a card game.
Unless you call them just game modes, there's a lot to come up with.

A strand or rope genre of game

RACIST

What's a strand or rope genre?

TOWN

It's pretty unorthodox, but I call it the "good game" genre. Basically just make a game that's good.

Sure user, just let pull a masterpiece that is influential and unique enough to create a new genre, out of my ass real quick.

rhythm battle royale

Audio Adventure.
It's similar to a classic text adventure, one of the oldest genres in video games, transitioned into audible format. The game has no real gameworld that you actively move around in, just backdrops and such. The gameplay is listening to narration that would be the prompts and story in a Text Adventure, and then responding via either typing it in or saying your command into a microphone (obviously headsets would make this the most immersive). Other characters would be fully voiced, puzzles would have more audible clues, and the storytelling could be a lot more ambitious.

Attached: 1551328224181.png (799x597, 569K)

That's a really interesting idea

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Sound:_Kaze_no_Regret

The town made him stupid.

MADE

Exoerimental physics simulator. You came up with experiments and perform them to figure out laws of nature, then exploit them.

that's just real life asshole

A walking simulator, but really pretentious. I'll call it a strand game.

Game world could have different laws.

FULLY

MMO darksouls

Attached: evgeniy-petlya-mustard-knight.jpg (862x1280, 138K)

Multiplayer online game where the goal is to get the enemy to kill you. I call it the "Trudeau" genre

uhh as much as i love Dark Souls, it's enough give the franchise a rest for once