Was this the last time Gamefreak actually gave a shit about the franchise?

Was this the last time Gamefreak actually gave a shit about the franchise?

Attached: 81mLFXTe3ES._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1341, 271K)

no it was gold and silver

Bw2 probably

aside from hg/ss, bw had great graphics, gyms, music, and a somewhat less retarded story than usual. had some cool ideas and pokemon but the pokemon in it are pretty irrelevant today.

it was the last pokemon game though. it sorta ends the series in a moral dilemma before the series became an embarrassing jewfest

no this was

Attached: 1529847186912.png (220x325, 156K)

I think the last pokemon game i played was emerald and i've been thinking of getting back into it with black/white. are they actually any good? or should i play gen !V?

am i the only one that really liked ultra sunmoon

Attached: tumblr_pp9102DAwr1tgob56o4_1280.png (856x720, 250K)

My first playthrough of White was probably the best Pokemon playthrough I've ever done. Choke full of never before seen pokemon, no geodudes or zubats in sight. Despite B2W2 being objectively superior, I put them side by side on the tier list just because of the impression BW left on me.

>and a somewhat story
Fixed that for you

yes it was the last good video game.

HG/SS

The whole gen 5 = gen 1 remake is so fukin bad, it's literally the downfall of this series

Fucking 4th gen shitters ruin everything

If you mean Gen 5 as a whole then yeah. B2/W2 content wise are the peak of pokemon and no one can deny this

BW is literally top tier, only GHSS comes even close

Attached: 1329565742148.jpg (411x225, 74K)

They at least tried to go with a new Idea. A region with only 100% new Pokémon. They didn't even shoehorn Pikachu in it! But after this they Just went "HEY GUYS. REMEMBER KANTO? YOU WANT A KANTO STARTER? YOU WANT CHARIZARD TO HAVE TWO MEGAS? HOW BOUT THIS FOREST? HAHA ITS VIRIDIAN. OH LOOK A SLEEPING SNORLAX.

Attached: images (9).jpg (225x225, 6K)

theres a lot more content and quality of life stuff sure
but bw2 doesnt leave as much of an impact
becase it doesnt have a well thought out theme that grants the narrative consistancy
the cool story beats in bw2 were cool sure, but the cool story beats in bw were cool and felt meaningful
and i think thats something bw has the objective superiority over bw2
because of that i have them both at the top, but bw also stands amazingly as its own rpg

>HGSS
>literally KANTOOO before LGBT and doesn’t fix the mistakes of the originals
Cuck taste user, as expected from Johtofags.

If you have played any Pokemon game past the original three then you're either a zoomer or a huge fucking autist.

Attached: pokemon.jpg (1400x463, 719K)

FRLG made them obsolete so who cares.
t. got Red back on release date

Black and White are easily the best first versions. They actually feel like completely finished games, which is probably why they got sequels instead of what basically amounts to a director's cut.

>no it was gold and silver
HA

>The whole gen 5 = gen 1 remake is so fukin bad
Good thing it's not then.

I can really only agree on the music and some pokemon. I don't understand why you'd praise graphics in a fucking pokemon game, and the gyms were easy until the last one. The story was still pretty fucking stupid, though nobody played for story anyway.

Technically it was B2W2. They even changed the region layout a bit and you explored it differently. It wasn't lazy unlike the other 3rd entries.

Yes faggot

>The story was still pretty fucking stupid
Eh, aside from the whole 20 year plan part of it it was pretty sound.
I mean, in a world where everyone has super powered animals why wouldn't you start with weakening the masses?

> I don't understand why you'd praise graphics in a fucking pokemon game
the same reason you could praise graphics on any game

No, it was this. They could have made a Grey Version like they did with every other generation, but instead they made sequels with a new story, more returning Pokemon, and a TON of added content and postgame material.

Attached: dims.jpg (530x299, 65K)

>and a TON of added content and postgame material.
It makes me sad that we don't have a game that tops it in that regard yet.

One can always argue about the exact order, but the general idea is that pre-3DS games are all kosher, while everything from XY and onwards sucks in one way or other. You can’t really go wrong with either Platinum, B/W or HGSS.

idk, it just feels like they had something going and then immediately fucked it up in the end and in BW2.
except it's just a slightly better looking platinum.

odds of BW3/Grey on gen V remake time in a few years?

Attached: 1421648099262.png (620x500, 254K)

That's it. I actually enjoyed Let's go eevee since I hadn't played a game since Black 2 but Black and White was when they stopped caring. Sequel Games, just moving on to new versions, no third version, etc.

along with just lower quality world design the transition to gen 6 3d really just fucked over a lot of stuff, some things are better left to the imagination. exploration was really fun in the previous games, from gen 6 on the world just feels much less impressive, some of the ways they transitioned to 3d weren't executed very well, and the way the story presented is awkward - scenes don't go over well like they did in Colosseum for whatever reason. there are some locations that I think are done well like great poni canyon and that huge marsh field area towards the end of sun/moon, but a lot of more run of the mill locations would look cooler in 2d.

They'll remake BW1 and not add anything from 2

It would be too soulful for modern audiences and you just know GF would ruin it by having Unova transition to full 3D like Gens 6,7,8.

>I actually enjoyed Let's go eevee
>but Black and White was when they stopped caring.
Glad I’ll never have taste this trash.

HG/SS are indeed trash, but the original gold and silver was the last time gamefreak cared about pokemon

Although Black and White were bold attempts at changing the pokemon formula, Black 2 and White 2 are vastly superior games in my opinion.

Attached: 1561254550308.gif (404x286, 2.58M)

Yes SMFag.

Off yourself.

Attached: 1513382122632.png (1116x838, 999K)

>BW1 and BW2 was unova 2 years later because it launched 2 years later
>BW3 would be 10 years later
>cake Iris

jesus CHRIST

>but the original gold and silver was the last time gamefreak cared about pokemon
user, they had less people working on it than the original game and everything from the game delays to the anime being in filler hell before and after GS' release was a mess.

>but the original gold and silver was the last time gamefreak cared about pokemon
Nope, it was BW. Masuda and pals put the effort into starting a new era of Pokemon and got scolded for not being Kanto and having Charizard and Pikachu.

>ywn play fire red, leaf green, and emerald for the first time again
>you'll never argue about which bosses were harder again
>you'll never stomp your friends with your superior groups again
I miss pokemans.

SM was bad, but not as bad as XY. SM actually had cool stuff here and there

Alright yeah I'll admit FRLG are good, I've played them, but let's face it, Pokemon is not a game that NORMAL people play past the age of like 9.

Didn't matter. Powercreep already fucked everything midway through Gen IV

Why are genwunners always like this?
>I've only played gen 1 BUT I KNOW THEY"RE THE BEST ONES

>implying Unova will even get remade

Gen 2.

>gen 1 remake bad
>gen 2 remake good

I haven't played Black / White 2 yet, but so far black and white seems like it still has soul, though clearly waning because none of the areas invoke me with any kind of feeling of exploration like the older games did.

Attached: 1401485496147.gif (240x180, 961K)

No_ Ultra Moon was fun

KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't bring myself to complete it, it's such a fucking slog. We've been talking about how B/W are on the same level as B2/W2, the same can be said about S/M and US/UM for all the wrong reasons. Absolutely disastrous pacing and cutscene interruptions.

Eh, Gen V alleviated the gen 4 power creep a little with HA's. Granted that gave way to weather wars but a meta based around I think three weather types, it would have been four if hail wasn't so worthless, was much better than Garchomp and Garchomp accessories.

> We will never have another Pokémon World Tournament
Unironically my favourite post game facility.

Attached: Pokemon-World-Tournament-pokemon-40840555-1200-792.jpg (1200x792, 237K)

I backed up my save just so I can play through it on desmume occasionally.

Still play the emerald battle frontier every now and then. It’s pretty fun. Hope they add something like it in SWSH.

I guarantee if you grew up today you would have been the kind of kid who uses tiktok because "everybody else is using it" and hopping on fads.

>Unova gets shat on by /vp/
>make a Unova thread on Yea Forums
>repeat
Getting a bit predictable, cuck. And no, that was XY. Amie by itself proves that.

Unova gets shat on on /vp/ simply because of contrarians who are too contrarian to even agree with other contrarians and become double contrarians.

I haven’t even finished my playthrough, mostly because it’s 98% the same game as base SM and I have not yet been in the mood to replay. Ultra changes, my ass. I did enjoy base SM quite a bit for whatever that’s worth, though.

Unova gets shat on because shitters can't adapt to not being able to use old mons despite the fact Unova introduced the most since Gen 1 to compensate for the fact you couldn't trade old mons until after the Elite 4

This is basically /vp/ in a nutshell. There's ""shills"" there now, but it's mostly shitposting.

Based. I'm thinking of replaying my Black2. PWT was fucking based, and the game is really fun.

Stay in /vp/ you cuck.

>ANOTHER gen 5 thread
holy shit just stop, it's getting pathetic
no one likes your shitty region outside of /vp/ contrarians

Attached: file.png (210x230, 63K)

RBY vs GSC can be compared pretty easily to BW vs B2W2. The first is a simple but effective coming of age story of leaving home to see the world and its sights (also represented by Pokemon, of which all kinda exist themed after various aspects of the world, nature and himan culture), ultimately defeating a foil character with a similar journey but a flawed outlook (in BW they also had the villain team’s save-the-world plot tied to this which differentiated things a bit). The sequels by contrast lack focus and are just a journey of seeing what’s changed in the few years since as a new character, mopping up some messes left behind and then becoming a champ because why not. They’re more about experiencing more of the world (expanded areas! More Pokemon! New gameplay features!) than providing a cool RPG story.

Not really. I'm sure you're a little blinded by nostalgia since you grew up with BW, but it really was shat on as the worst gen at the time. Gen 6 and 7 have been even worse, but that doesn't make 5 good.

>frogcuck hates Gen V
Gen V is the gift that keeps on giving.

It would have been the better game/a good third version IF it didn't fuck up the story and somehow make it worse than SM
>inb4 Lusamine dindu nuffin

Attached: yungoose.jpg (950x950, 67K)

They ruined the already bad story of SM. You can clearly see when they start shoving in the changed without care. One minute Lusamine is freezing Pokémon for her collection, the next she's all like "i was trying to save is all"
Bullshit

BW2 is SOUL the game

If I generally play through a Pokémon game and am done with it, could I stomach black and white 1 after playing black and white 2 or are they too similar?

Gen 5 was the last time they cared but it was also the beginning of the end. Gen 5 is filled with gimicks and dead features that aged it like shit. It was also the start of the story focus.

>are they too similar?
BW puts more focus on you the trainer against Team Plasma while BW2 puts more focus on the region and the pokemon. Basically what said.

(You)

At least 3 of the 8 gyms are different and the route you take throughout the story is largely different. Obviously you'd be fare better if you were going from 1 to 2 but I think you'll be fine.

And now the ultimate faggot question, what are your opinions on blaze black 1+2

Also, I think all the gyms that do return in B2W2 have completely different layouts to their B1W1 counterparts, and Victory Road is entirely different as well. Taking into account that the rivals are completely different as well you should have a good time.

If I didn't the FRLG hack then I won't like that one, sorry.