Loud explosion

>Loud explosion

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 74.jpg (299x168, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MNJ6DL_1R9I
rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/menieres-disease/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cool i like it

I too, love when video games trigger my tinnitus into fuck you mode

>mimics the effects of eardrum damage on sounds,

>mimics the effect of camera flaws on visuals.
>lens flare
>motion blur
>chromatic aberration

>ALSO mimics the effect of real eyes
>its's dark when you enter a building for a few seconds until your eyes adjust

so am I to believe that my character has real ears but FAKE eyes?... because something doesn't add up.

just dont have tinnitus bro

>loud explosion
>game doesnt mimic your internals being destroyed by the shockwave

Thanks dog. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out

Attached: goodjob.jpg (625x783, 45K)

>loud explosion
>oh hey haha fuck I hope it doesn't last too long
>scene doesn't fucking know when to end and just keeps going
I don't even remember which game did that but fuck that game

SHUT UP, MY FUCKING EARS

Attached: 1561327752.jpg (500x500, 46K)

His vision is augmented

>motion blur
>chromatic aberration
I fucking hate these effects. They made me sick.

Did you recover?

don't sweat it, i'm here to help

Attached: 1499269539612.png (331x304, 232K)

>hate camera motion blur
>but love object motion blur
thing go fast it, gets motion blur, me moving my camera and getting it bothers me
>INTENSE SHARPENING
>overdone chromatic aberration
i'm colourblind and i find a bit of chromatic aberration helps everything look more real

Attached: 1538795151333.png (297x331, 121K)

>walks slowly in a crippled animation
>everything is blurry
WOWWWW

I think it's happened to me in one of the cowadoody games.

>get flashbanged
>die
>something fucks up and the flashbang effect never ends

>depth of field

Attached: 1362630611599.jpg (5000x5000, 1.07M)

WHAT

>enemy you shot lets out a blood curdling scream and begs for his mom instead of moaning slightly and collapsing

Attached: 1511586755956.jpg (514x352, 12K)

>playing Siege
>get shot to low health
>cannot hear if I’m getting flanked

I hate it.

>got fucked with severe tinnitus for absolutely no reason
>4 to 5 different types of sounds spread across both ears
>can barely fucking tell if there's ringing in the game or if it's my severe tinnitus anymore

Attached: 78968261.png (268x277, 177K)

>start jrpg
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1547808101167.jpg (436x467, 27K)

>loud explosion
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>screen goes white
>game.exe has stopped working

>tfw ocular migraine

I strongly consider suicide whenever this shit happens

Attached: ocular-migraine-678x450.jpg (377x250, 94K)

MOTION BLUR

Motionblur exist.

>confused anime girl

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH?

>small explosion

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>enter forest or suburb
>krrkrkskkrkeskrrkskrskrkrskrskrrkrkskkrkeskrrkskrskrkrskrskrrkrkskkrkeskrrkskrskrkrskrskrrkrkskkrkeskrrkskrskrkrskrs

Attached: 291Ninjask.png (856x856, 365K)

haha imagine if it was like that all the time but with no explosion haha you just constantly hear that all the time haha :)

Haha yeah, that would be a lving nightmare, right? What will those kooky game devs think of next?

Attached: 1372015351716.png (979x4945, 483K)

can you cure my autism, bro?

Attached: 1554582369684.jpg (389x389, 19K)

>dude what if we decide where the players eyes should focus
its fucking retarded

GET SO FUCKING DARK IN HERE

Attached: 1553534338916.gif (393x561, 1.55M)

>Have Tinnitus in real life
>Every time this happens in games my ears start ringing for real too

Attached: mawp.gif (208x269, 495K)

>go outside in the summertime

>WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtu.be/MNJ6DL_1R9I

I'm fucking triggered

how close is that to what it looks like

yeah bro just don't have autism

>tfw visual snow
I feel you man.

Attached: nHddfDw.png (490x456, 321K)

thanks bro
everything feels the same

Attached: 1559769176586.png (259x259, 85K)

>Loud explosion in-game
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>take off headphones
>You still hear it

Attached: 1559092777594.gif (200x200, 6K)

Please remove this deleted Pokemon

just turn off your weather mods

stop ruining your ears with headphones

i don't know if it exists in the same way it is implemented in video games or movies but it does exist

We're in this together tinnitus bros. Don't lose hope. There will be a cure, someday.

Attached: 26127918.png (528x321, 133K)

ITT: avid headphone users thinking their degenerative illness is a normal thing

>Glass breaks
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Png.png (420x420, 192K)

It's more like having permanent film grain that you can't switch off than a weather mod.

Attached: Visual_Snow_Example.gif (800x600, 1.12M)

GET SO FUCKING DARK IN HERE

Nigger I had tinnitus long before I started using headphones extensively.

>glass shatters
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

>it's suddenly quiet
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1515946916975.jpg (500x333, 68K)

>Go into park at the mall
>WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Attached: convicts.jpg (576x324, 118K)

That is really fucking common tho.

>tinnitus
>degenerative illness
Pick up a book, bitch.
Also, get fucked. Pic related.

See what your headphones' decibel limit is and adjust yourself accordingly, make it so you get no more than 80dbs of sound.
I always keep it to 80-90% of the volume, for example. Your ears naturally adapt to the amount of sound. I haven't got tinnitus in eons.

Based

Attached: tinnitus pill bruh.png (686x369, 141K)

i had this happen and legit thought i was having a stroke or something so i called an ambulance

>I-I'm sure they will find a cure for my suicide-worthy lifetime mistake any second now!
lol

>wall shatters
>OH YEAH

Attached: 836B6E8A-89BD-4BD6-B290-E455A8B2CF6B.jpg (840x798, 238K)

>suicide worthy
if you are that weak something else would have made you kill yourself already

80db is extremely loud and headphones are inherently more dangerous than speakers, no wonder you are googling "tinnitus cure".

everyone has it. its just psychological that you cant take your attention off it and notice it. same with minor tinnitus.

treat your anxiety

>lifetime mistake
Tinnitus can still happen without anything hearing loss related or even just spontaneously you retard.

t. headphone user

How do you do that

*ahem*

Attached: Meth_Lab.jpg (659x661, 178K)

I don't have tinnitus or use headphones. Faggot.

Just be yourself

Then don't speak silliness, tinnitus is almost never "random".

Look up Meniere's Disease you fucking retard. That causes tinnitus and is known to be random or even just caused by genetics.

I've had it for as long as I can remember. Even as a kid and I was never around really loud noises.

>set up a bomb
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Giant scorpion attacks you

>late at night during a road trip
>eyes getting tired
>all street lights look stretched out to toe sky

>dude check out this disease with very low prevalence and other more serious symptoms, surely that's what headphone users suffer from!
based retard

based retard

>tfw wearing headphones with the volume really high because I love the music and sound effects

Attached: MY FUCKING EARS.png (439x484, 443K)

Speakers both sound better and sound louder even at lower decibels which makes them safer even at the same perceived volume.

>"Then don't speak silliness, tinnitus is almost never "random"

>Give you a disease proving that tinnitus can be caused randomly and not by headphone users
>I-it's rare! Doesn't count!

You're an actual fucking retard. Kill yourself.

>never had a functioning pair of headphones
>speakers always on low
>still have tinnitus
livestream your suicide

Attached: 1471746337076.jpg (598x480, 60K)

>not a stealth yotsuba thread
Dissapointing

Attached: 284.png (500x501, 241K)

A most likely genetic disease with several other symptoms is not random you fucking moron.

>drunk effect is just the camera shaking and sum blurry effect on top of it
c'mon, I know coders don't drink, but try to do something better

I get dark spots in my vision so it depends on the person really

Just fucking kill yourself already.
rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/menieres-disease/

Attached: q272728.png (581x208, 16K)

unknown cause =/= random
Also it's a really stupid argument since it's a very rare disease with, again, several other more severe symptoms.

It still can be

Attached: EXTREME DOLPHINS - TO THE MAAAAXXXX.jpg (780x3450, 640K)

It's a disease with little to no cause besides genetics that can come out of nowhere and have no control over, CAUSING tinnitus. Meaning that tinntius isn't just caused by people who wear headphones or hearing damage.
>still using the "it's rare so it doesn't count" argument
You're a legitimate retard.

test

except none of you have that disease so your argument is invalid.

Attached: 1561093839542.gif (500x333, 1.76M)

>80-90% volume
>80db
What the fuck are you doing? That's way above acceptable limits, you do know decibel is a logarithmic scale, right? 80db is 10x more energy than 70db and well past the long-term exposure safety.

It's ok for cutscenes because it lets the director draw your eyes to what's important but for gameplay it's fucking awful. Don't try and tell me where my eyes are looking because my reticle is pointed somewhere.

I actually have Meniere's disease and I don't experience the dizziness or vertigo or get sick, but I get the tinnitus part where It does actually happen completely out of nowhere even if im driving a car for example

It seriously fucking sucks

One of the few things I hated about Saints Row 2. My god was that fucking annoying.

My tinnitus bothers me more than my visual snow.

>mother has tinnitus
>puts radio, tv, music player, podcast vacuum cleaner, dishwasher, clothes washer and drier, AC, fans, everything on full volume even at night just to drown it out
>be me
>don't have tinnitus
>driven insane by all the noise

>"None of you have the disease so the conclusion is that it doesn't exist and the point that Tinnitus can spontaneously appear means nothing"
Just neck yourself.

Shit like this is why I bought an amp with a volume knob. I keep it on my desk and keep my fingers close to the knob, always ready to turn down the volume.

>how do you want your ears bro?
>just EEEEEEEEE my shit up f a m

Attached: Decibel+Level+of+Some+Common+Sounds.jpg (960x720, 99K)

If visual snow causes tinnitus, can tinnitus cause visual snow? They're apparently common with each other because they share the same pathway.

I've learned to deal with my visual snow, but holy fuck is the constant ringing annoying, especially when trying to sleep.

Attached: crabiskill.png (556x387, 504K)

If your speakers are high up enough that a game can play an uncomfortably loud noise then it's set too high up to begin with, stop blasting your ears.

I wonder if bikes like choppers or cruisers cause tinnitus. They're so fucking loud even when they just drive past or are stationary and I wonder how people manage to ride that shit for hours.

Attached: Top-10-Cruiser-0-Hero1-1087x725.jpg (1087x725, 233K)

He's right, though. This disease not only is extremely rare but between the various forms of the disease a few may have some genetic component. What your argument boils down to is: a very rare disease that has tinnitus among its symptoms may have in very rare occurrences be linked to genetic inheritance.

>dad has been playing classical music on his phone louder and louder and more frequently in the last few years, it's pretty much 100% on nowadays
He didn't say anything but I feel like he's trying to drown out tinnitus.

Attached: d7437d8b4e4cca9c4dfd14590798440d.jpg (1339x927, 194K)

I have to ask, are you legitimately mentally retarded? What makes you think games and movies don't pull that shit all the time where it's deathly quiet only for the audio engineer to shove the mic in their ass and rip the loudest fart ever recorded then go into audacity and raise the volume by 100000%?

My dads been riding for years and it hasn't affected him. But if you ride a harley for like 12 hours in a day, you can still hear the vibrations through your body.

Kind of like that feeling you get after playing on swings or riding in a boat.

I've had tinnitus 24/7 for as long as I can remember

FUCK

Jesus fuck that's exactly what it looks like for me, havent had that shit in a while though.

That's not how it works retard, a computer simply can't send a signal louder than a certain ceiling defined as 0db in electronic systems.
You are playing audio way too loudly.

See Aside from "genetics" which you have no control over whatsoever. It still has factors where it does decide to fuck you for no reason that isn't even done by self hearing loss. Even besides this disease, check the thread, there are plenty of people who gained tinnitus from non-headphone usage who stayed away from loud sounds yet still got fucked with it. His point is as retarded as he is.

>All speakers have the same quality

Thankfully my tinnitus is mild and I only hear it at night or in very quiet places. I don't know how i'd deal with a loud ringing at all times.

>big explosion
>screen shake
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Generally speaking, a speaker will sound better at the same price point than a headphone, improvements are exponential the more you spend too with a beefy sound system sounding like a true cinema which no headphone can compete with.

I had a britbong pajit doctor tell me that they aren't connected but I think it's bullshit. I have tinnitus, visual snow and TMJ which is a common trinity.

Attached: 161727.png (506x476, 535K)

That's the secret. When everyone's autistic no one will be.

Attached: 2iswna.jpg (2208x1242, 115K)

>that one brainlet in the thread who doesn't think that tinnitus can happen randomly

fuck you dude, I had that "out of nowhere high-pitched noise in your ear" that usually goes away after 5 seconds, except it didn't go away
I was in a fucking near-silent bedroom besides the rain on my windows when that shit kicked in

t. headphone user
Tinnitus doesn't show up instantly when you are continuously destroying your eardrums over several years.

Some people are born with VSS, others like me just woke up in their 20s and suddenly saw dots everywhere. I do have mild TMJ and i'm looking to get it fixed soon which I believe is the cause of my tinnitus (you can test this yourself by pressing up against your jaw, if the ringing gets louder then chances are your tinnitus are TMJ related), but I doubt it would fix my visual snow.

>Haven't had this happen in years
>Get back from the gym and the entirety of my vision is fucking rainbow
>Most intense pain from a migraine I've ever experienced shortly afterward
T-thanks

Attached: 1561190806374.jpg (1024x768, 54K)

I was also born with visual snow but it worsened when I was 18 and I don't know why, my night vision is fucky with it too sometimes.

I had no idea visual snow even existed was until I read that thread. Thanks, anons, had no idea.

Attached: 1545345465511.gif (844x475, 797K)

Unrelated, but does anyone else have this thing where your eyes feel sore when looking through a foggy window?

This is usually the case. It's "rare" probably because people don't even know it exists until it gets pointed out. Weird as shit.

Attached: i83838389.gif (800x600, 2.08M)

Scary thread

I have tinnitus and hearing EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE shit in vidya triggers me

My light sensitivity is fucked, and although my nigh vision is fine cars headlights create a massive fucking glare that it's almost unbearable. Aside from that the dots don't bother me at all, I only see it at night or up against a flat wall. Apparently it can get to the point where your entire vision is just dots like pic related, I hope it doesn't get worse.

Attached: sight-with-visual-snow.jpg (1920x648, 229K)

Yeah, I had this thing for as I can remember. Had no idea that this was not normal until now.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGH ELDEN RIIIIIIIIING

It's harmless, don't worry about it

It may be harmless, but the tinnitus is definitely isn't. I have both.

Attached: 1560706585615.jpg (326x326, 18K)

Yep, mine too. A lot of bright lights burn into my eyes easily because of visual snow. White text on a black background actually fucks with me a lot. Where if I stare at it for a few seconds and look away I see the lines burned into my eyes for about 5-ish seconds. I think it's related to "Palinopsia" or something.

Same, but I just sleep with a fan on and it's fine.

>enter dungeon
>eh reeeeeh

It's not always harmless but can sometimes be a sign of a cataract if you also see black floaters and shit. But either way there's not much you can do about it.

The headphone general moved from /g/ to here?

What about if you hear 4-5 sounds spread across both ears like me, and two of them are sound reactant? I miss being able to listen to asmr and feel comfy again.

Attached: 1557935233079.jpg (240x240, 45K)

B U Y S T A X
U
Y
S
T
A
X

Apparently the black floating shit is just your visions blind spot that the brain usually filters out, but because people with VSS lose habituation you notice it all the time. It's why you might notice your nose all the time.

>average Freshmen class in a hallway

>that kid that would always shoot the red barrels next to the janitor's closet on the way to geometry
Fuck you Eric now we all have tinnitus.

Attached: jay wtf.gif (450x530, 3.74M)

Have you tried getting your ears flushed?

>Constant exposure to noise can cause tinnitus
>Have to listen to something to drown out the tinnitus anyway
Why is the human body so shit

Attached: 27283928.png (592x592, 541K)

I don't know if I can trust it but I also don't know if I have anything else to lose. I heard about the water flushing method that hospitals use and heard about people have their tinnitus be worse after it. I don't know if I want to make it 6 sounds instead of 5.
Considering that my tinnitus seemingly gets worse for no reason these past 3 years I might end up looking into it.

Does your ringing get louder if you push up on your jaw? If so it could be that your jaw is all kinds of fucked too.

Honestly It's hard for me to tell. I do have TMJ though, and a bit of an overbite. But above all of this, I don't actually have any hearing loss when I went to get a test, despite hearing 4 - 5 combined sounds which definitely isn't normal. So I just gave up.

Yes, but motion blur in real life is not as annoying, as it only happens with objects that are very close to your face.

damn im lurking with a bunch of genetic abominations in every thread. what isn't wrong with you fags?

Well the exhaust is pointed away from you so it might not sound as loud as you think, but yeah for most people barring a few exceptions riding bikes a lot without earpro can cause some hearing damage. Perhaps not enough to give you EEEE but enough that you might start to lose some of your fine sound perception.

Blame the trend of producers wanting to make their games cinematic. Video games that are all about "realism" typically do not truthfully portray realism at all because actual realism is bland and boring.

Hence, cinematic shit like lens flares, RED LIGHT BAD LIGHT, WHITE LIGHT GOOD LIGHT, and chromatic aberration are usually put in those games to spice the experience up, twisting the definition of "realism" to the point where it's not even realism but rather it's more of "movie, cinema and filmmaker shit but in a realistic video game environment". A pathetic, sad and elaborate way for the producers of said games to say "I like movies!". At least Kojima was very open about his games being movie games from the start.

>Freshman class in a hallway
Can't Americans schools afford classrooms?