Baldur's Gate Thread

You have a 1 in 8 chance to revive the chicken back into a proper mage apprentice, I really should just carry the little guy inside my pack whole game but m8 that experience is great

Attached: Wizards & Eggs.png (640x480, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freegogpcgames.com/162/baldurs-gate-the-original-saga/
freegogpcgames.com/160/baldurs-gate-2-complete/
eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-30-how-bioware-revolutionised-the-rpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why did he live in such a pissant town?

On a replay, I really appreciate BG1 more than 2.

BG1 does have a great feeling of journey but like 70% of the game world are wildernesses filled with copypasted enemies. BG2 has way more handcrafted content and way higher quality of said content.
Tales of the Sword Coast is pretty shit too, Durlag's Tower aside.

How much bigger is the world map compared to the first's?

>world map
lol, you just teleport to hubs

yeah but on that wilderness map, there will be a random party of bandits twice your level that will try to extort you for everything you have or a hidden magical sword or some caves with stat bonus books

bump

BG1 is technically "bigger" than BG2. But in terms of actual content it's worse.

What build lets you get the most out of the saga? I got halfway into SoA but it fell flat for me.

BG2 tries way too hard to emulate final fantasy with the cringeworthy romances and unrelated side activities. While it's still pretty good, you can see the direction Bioware was already headed.

I never played the games. I have the first one on steam (Beamdog remake). But I find too hard to get in, I don't know the rules of D&D and there is so much stuff to check for. Same reason I didn't get into the recent PoE titles

Attached: 1559687639861.jpg (392x495, 120K)

>BG2 tries way too hard to emulate final fantasy
Of all the dumbest shit i've heard on this board in a while this one takes the crown.

Attached: 1551315457589.png (381x288, 151K)

Here use this to weed out everything beamdog put into the "enhanced" editions if you want to go through the game vanilla

freegogpcgames.com/162/baldurs-gate-the-original-saga/

freegogpcgames.com/160/baldurs-gate-2-complete/

Attached: Beholder.jpg (640x853, 108K)

eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-30-how-bioware-revolutionised-the-rpg
>Yet despite this, characterisation was something Ohlen feels the game lacked in retrospect. "I remember talking favourably about our characters as the game had been so successful. But when someone mentioned the Final Fantasy games, I went and played them and realised they had real relationships and romances."

There's another article that goes over it more but I can't find it at the moment.

Not him, but dunno, that actually makes some amount of sense. Everyone sucked FFVII's dick for its story. And the tonal shift in BG2, Irenicus' dungeon, you know what, I can believe it.

bump

Anyone here fancy a bit o' ELVEN ARSE?

i want to make my own spear since the one in the games sucks ass except the tob ones. What the hell do I do?

You could try making your own weapons but be careful not to go overboard

Fighter/Mage along with pic/related for some fun with wolfs

Attached: Cloaks.png (499x460, 269K)

>Tfw finished every sidequest for BG2 in Chapter 2
>tfw overleved as fuck with op equipment
>tfw breezed through underdark
Goddamn it was a mistake to do everything in Chapter 2

Celestial Fury + Belm dual or Carsomyr?