What and when did things go so horribly wrong bros?

What and when did things go so horribly wrong bros?

Attached: 1396298635836.jpg (620x245, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OwtLNd1DJQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>No teased SMTxFE
>Persona 5 a massive disappointment
>SMTV teased in 2016, still no news 3 years later--during that time even Death Stranding and probably FFVII Remake part 1 will have released
>Massive PC hateboner for no reason

Attached: 1531896773424.jpg (300x250, 17K)

Hackshino ruined the entire company

Persona 3

They became the Persona company

My Disney Kitchen

>This is a post-apocalyptic game where you must battle and summon demons, while contemplating and ultimately implementing extreme philosophies that can change the face of humanity.
>Wha?
>Alright, fine. THIS is a game where you fuck high schoolers. And the menus are fancy
>Game News: Persona 6 sells 8 millions copies in twenty seconds.

when they betrayed Sony with Nintendo.

Not a coincidence their last good game was Persona 4 on the PS2, and everything else since then has been utter trash.

They killed themselves.

no

I don't even mind that Persona exists and has an audience. But why do the normalfags that like it pretend it isn't just like other anime cringe JRPGs that they hate?

>No teased SMTxFE
Blame FE developers
Contrarianism at the finest
>SMTV teased in 2016, still no news 3 years later--during that time even Death Stranding and probably FFVII Remake part 1 will have released
Just wait faggot, Atlus games always take long
>Massive PC hateboner for no reason
Never ever

smash bros.

Nothing

Something something muh presentation something something muh "deep" themes

very good question, I too am puzzled about this phenomenon
I even like Persona and SMT games but this popularity came out of nowhere

You preaching for more fagsona dirty gaijin

>Contrarianism at the finest
I agree with him, considering just hpw long it was in development I expected far better. The game was a decent step up from prior games but Apocalypse, essentially a official romhack, had better combat still. The plot and cast are a fucking mess as well, the third act is a trainwreck with all the dumb shit about Akechi.

>Contrarianism at the finest
It wasn't a bad game, but it did very little "well." You were railroaded for far too long and too often that it literally became a meme. Most of the playable characters don't have a lot of depth to them, and the cast has no chemistry whatsoever.
>b-b-but it's darker than P4 and it's more popular so it's gooder
try again

>No teased SMTxFE
What do you mean? The game already launched.

>>Persona 5 a massive disappointment
UUUU

Apocalypse combat being better is a meme as the only thing it got over it is smirk, the rest is the same but with the persona system instead of the press turn one
>You were railroaded for far too long and too often that it literally became a meme
You are falling for autists propaganda, you literally had more free time or the same as P4, the story and characters are all subjective

they became sell outs

when they made and released persona 5

Things haven't gone wrong. Large gaps of time between mainline games isn't anything new.
Now, if SMTV is shit, there will be cause for alarm.

Attached: 1557871435990.gif (500x541, 150K)

There is literally no point in talking sense into anti-P5 autists. They got into the series at 3 or 4 when they were in middle school so they're just nostalgically attached to those games. P5 came out so much later, they grew up and got a lot better at identifying flawed writing/pacing so they think P5 is a downgrade from P3 or P4 when they're all pretty much on the same level narratively.

Nova

>you literally had more free time or the same as P4
P4 wasn't forcing you to go to sleep three months in. You could get forced home but not to sleep.

I played P2-P4 only a few years ago, so nostalgia isn't a factor. P3 is trash because a turn based RPG that doesn't have directly controllable party members is retarded. P3P was better for that alone, but the lack of proper cutscenes and rebalancing brought it down. P2>P4>>>P5>P3

>P4 wasn't forcing you to go to sleep three months in. You could get forced home but not to sleep.
Yes it did, midnight channel removed your night and if it was a plot day the next day you would too, and there is also no Kawakami so you could not go to dungeon and get out at night

They just need to make a new (as actually new, not just adding a girl to an old game) EO game.

>P4 wasn't forcing you to go to sleep three months in.
Everyone always brings this up and it tells me that they just don't realize Kawakami's maxed social link lets you do shit at night, which tells me that you fuckers have garbage taste in waifus and didn't max her as early as possible.

Well, I played 3/4 for the first yime about 2-3 years ago, and P5 when it came out in the west, and I can definitely say that those two excel in some(subjective) areas over the 5th one, but also over each other as well.
P3 has the best soundtrack (the one I listen to mostly today) and atmosphere/setting. Tartarus was a very good concept as well as the whole Dark hour thing. P4 has the best mood and immersion, Inaba was comfy as fuck and the whole slice of life thing was pretty neat. And P5 definitely had the best presentation and style, it just kept me wanting more in a different way from the previous two. But I think that aside from Yusuke the cast was somewhat weak (main cast, not side characters) since I cant say I liked anyone else that much. Ryuji was a step down as the main bro from both Junpei and Yosuke. Overall I like them all, but P5 a bit less. Still, it was the only game from the trilogy (unless about a month ago) that I replayed from the series, so there is that.

*untill about a month ago

Well, you aren't an anti-P5 fag if you actually liked it, just less so than P3/P4. Nothing wrong with that.

>Ryuji was a step down as the main bro from both Junpei and Yosuke.
I'm interested to know why you feel this way though, I liked Ryuji way the fuck more than Junpei or Yosuke.

>they think P5 is a downgrade from P3 or P4 when they're all pretty much on the same level narratively.
false, p3 is way below 4 and 5 in that department. most of the game is more boring than watching paint dry, with some of the worst pacing i've ever seen in a jrpg.
4 and 5 didn't have amazing stories by any stretch of the imagination, but at least they weren't fucking boring.

>when they betrayed Sony with Nintendo.
do consolewars make people retarded or something?

If you browse a few more Persona threads you'll notice that P4 and P5 both get complaints from anons for having shit pacing.

Literally all of the Persona games have pacing issues. If you want to be an asshole, you could pick apart the entire franchise, but what bothers me is that people are apologists and play favorites so much.

Alternatively, you can enjoy all of the fucking games while accepting the flaws they have like a functional human, but that's too tall an order for Persona autists.

>Alternatively, you can enjoy all of the fucking games while accepting the flaws they have like a functional human, but that's too tall an order for Persona autists.
But that would make the threads good, we can't have that

You can pinpoint it to Persona 3.
P2 are some of my favorite games and I played the shit out of SMT I and II, fucking loved Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne was OK but P3 is an incredibly lazy game that targets the lowest common denominator and when they started releasing it over and over and shitting spin offs left and right you could tell they wanted to kill their past.
Now mainline SMT is nupersona lite and they spend more resources on dance games than anything.

>spend more resources on dance games than anything.
but P3D and P5D were super rushed user...

all of the calendar-system personas have pacing issues, but 3's pacing is FAR worse than 4 and 5.

Not sure how to properly explain it but something like real life. I understand that they have about the same character but I would prefer to hang out with Yosuke, the Junpei (since he has shown that he can be a dick to you just because you are better(I know that he apologise afterwards, which places him higher than Ryuji)) and only then Ryuji.
I just cant say for sure why, just couldn't fully get the same vibe from him that I got from the other two. He was a cool guy, I agree, hell, Icant even say something bad about him except maybe his narrow mindedness, just couldnt feel for him that much. Still, I was worried when he almost died when Shidos palace crumbled.

As you can see I am not looking at the way the character was written when assessing them (as in how good/poorly it was written), I just judge them by the vibe they give me.

That's literally all they are making though.
Well besides SMTIV Personapocalypse.

Then Junpei*

Damn, I feel pretty retarded to make two posts in a row with such obvious mistakes.

only because you didn't play Loli Adventures

Attached: D0kJU6XU0AAoXYZ.jpg (494x640, 65K)

5 managed to be even worse than 3 if you ask me. It's probably the single worst Atlus game I have played to date.

Sega

Attached: 1559308364157.jpg (340x191, 58K)

I feel you, I mean all three of the "bro" characters are pretty one dimensional so a super in-depth character analysis isn't really that viable. I always felt like Ryuji felt more relateable than Yosuke, and I thought he was more good-hearted than Junpei (who was kind of arrogant) so he seemed like he'd be more fun to bro down with irl.

There's a line in Mementos where Yusuke says nobody talks to him at school, and Ryuji responds by offering to grab a beef bowl with him. That pretty much sums up why I like the guy.

plus his japanese VA is great

>when they started releasing it over and over
They re-released it twice, same as nocturne

The Etryan Odyssey games are really mediocre and I say that as someone who has been playing Wizardry/M&M style games since childhood, they are very very low effort and have been going downhill since the 3rd one.

would've been dead without them or stuck making shitty phone games because they'd be owned by a chinese company.

Sega for being spineless cucks and letting Atlus do whatever they want. They should just fire everyone who works for Atlus and takeover every project.

They should just bring bag the guys that wrote the batshit plots of P2 and Avatar Tuner

didn't those dudes make a new game recently that turned out to be absolute dogshit?

Persona 4
Persona 3 was fine because it was the first real social sim/dungeon crawler hybrid worthy of note aside from maybe Azure Dreams, but then P4 happened and that kicked off the beginning of the end. They outright play favoritism with an already imbalanced development ratio, which is why we're hearing NOTHING of their side for 13 Sentinels or anything regarding Re:Fantasy

Attached: 1446295339772.gif (320x240, 1004K)

instead of seething at atlus, maybe stop being a retarded brand loyalist and start being an idort instead. then you won't have to ask for ports and get mad when you don't get them.
i'd love it if they brought satomi back, but it will probably never happen.

satomi wrote caligula effect, and whle the vita version wasn't very good, the new overdose version on pc/ps4/switch adds a lot of content that makes it good.

>Ryuji responds by offering to grab a beef bowl with him

Somehow I've missed it. To be honest its interactions like this that make up half of Persona's charm. Since its mostly about a group of high schoolers that are somewhat unlikely to get together in any other circumstances, sreing them interact and build up bonds is pretty fun.

Will probably try to play with Japanese VA when P5R rolls out. Im one of the people who finds the dub pretty good.

>Nocturne
>Persona 3
>Persona 4
>Catherine
>Persona 5
Hashino is the one who made his company relevant in the first place

>"Persona 5 will be 3DS exclusive"
>"Persona 5 will be Wii U exclusive"
>Persona 5 announced for PS3 and later PS4
>"P5R will be Switch exclusive"
>P5R teaser starts with PS logo
>"I-It's VR!"
>Persona 5 The Royal confirmed as an RPG and listed as PS4 only on the main site
>"P5S will be a Switch port"
>It's a Musou spinoff
>"W-Wait for E3!"
>ATLUS confirms no plans for Switch port
>"I-It sucks anyways SMTV is coming!"
>Nintendo E3 2019: *crickets*

I wonder what happened at Atlus that led to their current direction.

>>No teased SMTxFE
The game already came out and it flopped. It will never get a remake or anything similar to it.

joker was added to smash

kawakami cant save you against the "WHY DONT WE GO TO SLEEP?"

they need to disband the persona team and double the smt team and start doing smt spinoffs again

>13 Sentinels
I still wonder what the fuck is Vanillaware is doing with that game now that they teased another game in development.
youtube.com/watch?v=OwtLNd1DJQs

No one mentioned Switch here, you faggot.

I'm fine if SMTV wants to take it's time, what I want is another game like synchronicity to release

Sorry you'll get another dance game.

atlus had some serious financial problems in the years before sega bought them. it wouldn't surprise me if money was the reason why guys like okada and satomi left atlus. and the people who have replaced the old guard just have a different approach to making games.

smt: dancing all apocalypse!

Attached: 8C5339BB-B69E-41AA-AC69-4B8A739AE90A.gif (500x438, 70K)

The industry changed a lot for the better part of this decade.
Games became much more expensive to make so a medium sized company like Atlus got fucked hard

And also Persona 5: Dancing Royal All Night

People seem to worship Tadashi Satomi but his latest game Caligula is barely talked about eventough he's supposed to be a genius writer and whatever

You'd know why had you played P2.

but Persona games started with number 3

Is Caligula Overdose any good? I saw the Vita version and it looks like shit

Indeed.
Indeed...

Attached: 1558682696045.jpg (564x564, 30K)

>giving the most focus to the franchise which makes the most money is favoritism
That's not favoritism user, just business

All they had to do was release persona 5 on switch, that's fucking it.

They started pandering to americans

This meme makes me laugh and mad at the same time.
Is it autism?

Are you braindead? Persona has always been playstation exclusive. Mainline nintendo. When will you get that into your head port beggar?

Atlus doesn't care about the western audience

Makes me feel like Tatsuya in EP.

>autistic company won't release game on best selling system and profit from the free huge smash advertising because muh that's how we always did
yep they're retarded.

overdose is way better. the musician route takes the game from like a 5/10 to at least an 8.

It still runs like shit on switch.

I don't even have a Switch. I want to know if the game runs well on PC.

After the DS they really went to shit. They used to consistently release new IPs and quality spinoffs. Now it’s ports, “enhanced” ports, shitty spinoffs, low effort sequels and barely anything new. SMT4/A were mediocre. Persona 5 was meh. No more unique series like Trauma Center or Growlanser. The last time they made a good new IP was like 10 years ago. 00s were definitely their golden age.

i had a friend who would call persona "Person A" as in Eyyy
"Dude it's the joker from Person A 5!"

No one has corrected him yet

I "don't like" Persona 5, but that's just wrong.

You are wrong.

>SMTV
>SM TV
>S&M TV

Hmm.

>"I-It sucks anyways SMTV is coming!"
>Implying persoyboys care about SMT V, they'll drop it when it doesn't have their waifu dating sim

P3: Death
P4: Face the truth
PQ: Face the truth that you are dead

you'd be surprised at how many people get into the rest of megaten through persona. p2 was my introduction to it, for instance. this forced "rivalry" between mainline and persona has always been retarded.

Is he full blown retarded or what?