FUCK FALLOUT

FUCK FALLOUT
FUCK BALDUR'S GATE
FUCK PLANESCAPE TORMENT

THIS IS THE BEST CRPG

Attached: Arcanum_cover_copy.jpg (248x300, 41K)

CRPG, more like CRAP

Pretty much

Fuck the black cock mines tho

I don't know about that. It gem but a very flawed one. I can't say that Arcanum is better than those other games because the combat in Arcanum is very basic. A little too simplistic. It's a very fun game and worthwhile to explore. I love the lore and the setting.

Attached: Arcanum-map2.jpg (500x500, 113K)

based steampunk poster

I really enjoyed playing a high intelligence half-ogre inventor who went around being a 19th century SJW being a dick to racists and fighting for orc unions.

No it's not and it's never getting remade. Nobody in their right mind would risk touching it with a ten ft pole.

Sadly the writing isnt very good either which makes it a C-tier crpg.

One of the most overrated classic RPGs. Not bad by any margin but it doesn't come close to the other three games you mentioned.

terrible game

It's not that it's just bad writing it's also that at times it's outlandishly greasy neckbeard writing. If the game was actually popular it would have gotten slammed into the ground when it came out. It wasn't even about liberal tears since that wasn't a meme at the time and the devs are pretty liberal people. The writers really let their creepy magical realm slip in too much.

the pathfinding ruins this game. a remaster would actually do this game a lot of justice
>inb4 beamdog copypasta

sure, but the problem is that there's a good chance beamdog would get to do the remaster, which is a worst case scenario

the planescape remaster was good

would you really trust them to not do very dumb things to a bunch of "problematic" questlines?

You mean where it's described that greasy faced gnomes and their ogre bouncer are going to rape your character but if you resist you have to fight them and get evil points to progress the quest?

I can't see why they would change that.

eh.. it's close. Has way too many flaws to be considered better than the others you've listed, but then again ive never played baludr's gate.

The animations suck, Real Time Combat sucks, the balance sucks, guns suck, 70% of spells suck, while one of them can carry you through the entire game at level 2 and onward, Dog is fucking OP, and the final boss is kinda lame.

Still though, It had a lot going for it. Especially for the time. Technology vs magic was such an interesting concept, and although the game balance is fucked without patches, you could do some crazy fun stuff with spells like dominate will, reflecton shield, etc. Wish technology was worth the investment tho

>break your melee weapons
>make your guns miss
>resist your magic
what the hell were you supposed to kill them with?

thats not underrail

I disagree. I think it's pretty good. I do wish that the followers got some real sidequest content, but only Virgil and Torian Kel really do.

A remake would be great if it were handled by the right people. Would never happen though.

Tech is harder but more fun, I find. Invest in grenades and chemistry.

Original Sin 2 is the best CRPG ever.
It's actually insane that a game like that came out in the current era and even more insane that Larian had it in them to make such a masterpiece.
Makes one wonder what they'd have been able to do with Divine Divinity and Divinity 2 with a proper budget and no outside interference.

I never had any trouble with a magick character. You just need to do some questing and level up. You need a high Magick or Tech aptitude.

they would also do dumb things like remove all the greyness from the Donn Throgg quest

>Tech is harder but more fun, I find. Invest in grenades and chemistry.
only lategame
remember one of your skills as tech is a FUCKING LIGHT

>A remake would be great if it were handled by the right people. Would never happen though.
Who are the right people? Certainly doubt the original creators would want that kind of bad publicity.

Ugly as shit and buggy as hell.

there is literally nothing wrong with being gnomish

I supported orc hitler just to get back at them

>real time combat sucks
It is also turn based you retard.

Fans are always the right people if they're doing it for free. That way you keep the subversives out of the process.

Doubtful that the quest would draw more focus away from the endless yikes-ing at the sex exploitation storylines and forced breeding experiment rape storylines. They might even commit the crime of letting female characters pick more than a third of the playable races.

and then they do something like give you a female half-ogre

Not with that trash gameplay.
ToEE with mods is still the best CRPG, despite being a D&D game.

Which is created by male half-ogres impregnating young elf men so that it's balanced.

MAAAAH NIGROOOOO!

No, not late game. If you know how to spend your points and picked a smart background your techie should pretty solid by level 20. That's about when you want to try your hand at the BMC mines.

Grenades are the best tech weapon in the end. They benefit greatly from Chemistry because you can make knock-out gas and paralysis grenades. Knock-out gas will hit party members but paralysis wont. You can just throw paralysis grenades at your feet to freeze all enemies near you.

If you don't go with grenades then you have two, perhaps three good options.

First, if doing Firearms you want to get 12 perception and expert skill as soon as possible. Expert skill will carry you through the whole game. However you still need a good gun. The fine revolver is solid but it doesnt' have the firepower for bigger enemies and isn't going to work in the BMC.

The guns you need for BMC are, in this order, Tesla Rod (max Electrical), charged accelerator gun (requires Repeater rifle, which is rank 3 of Gunsmithy), Looking Glas Rifle (rank six Gunsmithy), Elephant Gun (max Gunsmithy), or failing that, the Pyrotechnic Gun is adequate but weaker than the others.

Any of those weapons will get you through the BMC and the rest of the game and you can get them by or even before level 20. Rather than go straight to the BMC once you find out about it you want to investigate the map and quest as much as you can. Go to Dernholme and finish off quests and locations there. Blackroot and Ashbury. Explore the Tarant Sewers (entrance is in the Boil or near the edge of town, by the water).

Another option is the stun rod, which is the fourth rank of Electrical. If you have charges it will spend them all at once to kill any enemy you strike. So carry lots of charges but it is a powerful weapon. It is a melee weapon so you want melee and dodge. A techie with a stun-rod and grenades is dex based. Can be an expert dodge/melee/throwing and be very effective.

The only good thing about ToEE is the combat engine but everything else is mediocre to bad.

Shut up fagget.

early game tech is absolute hell though, I don't think you can disagree

true

thinking on it how come this property never got revived?

>Original Sin 2
>anything from larian
>hyper forced comedy that falls flat every single time

Attached: Pff.jpg (834x957, 70K)

>Expert skill will carry you through the whole game
it has to because the master quest for firearms is bugged to hell and back

I'll take an actually enjoyable, playable game to a self insert simulator with horrible gameplay any day of the week.

You would probably need to read the thread to get a clue why it's radioactive.

best combat ever
but worse gameplay in any single moment of it
as you said, heavely, heavely modded one can get through

That's very superficial criticism when discussing a CRPG, especially considering the writing of OS2 is extremely competent.

BG3 is going to suck, right?

gameplay is great, really shows what can be done when you don't take infinity engine games as a religion

>assuming
The mark of a true brainlet

I never said it wasn't. I was merely pointing out a flaw with the game. RTC was not implemented very well.

can't even play that shit game iwthout it crashing on me

bad comedy, every.single.minute
not, it is not superficial. its a thing Larian had since way back in time, and most likely will not change
very good combat tho

The only caveat is 5e but it's in better hands than if it landed with Obsidian or Inxile.

god, it fucking tears me to shreds how chickenshit the combat is. There's really no recourse to it.

Attached: 1491772136796.png (452x710, 320K)

>Who are the right people?

I have no idea. Probably don't exist. I'd want a game with real mechanical depth. Perhaps rather than trying to do an entire continent or country, the game would just be centered around on large Victorian city and the surrounding countryside.

I suppose in the modern era it would need to be in first person. I say put the emphasis on ranged weapons and magickal spells. Get rid of melee except for things like cudgels, night sticks, and a few basic weapons that have specific uses. One of Arcanum's problems was having to make using a sword as viable as using a fucking rifle. Melee should primarily be used for stealth characters since guns are loud and silencer technology wouldn't be practical or believable without the advent of more modern, non-revolver firearms.

Bow and Arrow and Crossbows can stay in. Bows and arrows require strength, but they are silent. However since they require strength a mage will have to trade off magical power to invest in the bow/arrow. Spells are also loud, so at the very least you can't cast stealth spells (like invisibility) near hostile targets. Crossbows are slightly or fully technological.

Keep in magical traps and mechanical traps. Spells to command animals and people and summon spirits/demons. Tech abilities to raise the dead (Ala Frankenstein) or create pure mechanical or cyborg minions.

Ect.

Most likely. Using "D&D is for everyone" rules by Mearls. Game got dumbed down to the grownd, its unplayable for actual rpg fans

Better hands means random strangers huh?

Even the turn-based isn't that good. I don't know why they didn't just copy Fallout's combat and rename it. VATS is such a better system.

not all the humor was bad and there were plenty of more serious moments
heck there's a good number of screenshots floating around that blatantly take things out of context like the
"KILL THE ELF" screenshot, which isn't even a humorous moment ingame

It is a great RPG.
Shame it is a shitty game.

I'm more of an Exile kind of guy.

Attached: 1540820944137.jpg (792x416, 146K)

you could just steal the hand cannon off the guy in tarant, get dog, get that one herbalist from dernholm, steal money and buy as many bullets as you need and call it a day. BMC at level 12 wasn't that bad

So it wouldn't be remotely the same game anymore?

Why not make a new game without the name and baggage and just the features?

No, definitely not. For a newbie anyway. I've played the game to death so I can do quite well with a technie in the early game but I know exactly what to do.

I'm just talking about the skill level. You can have max firearms skill but not have the master firearms perk. I would never worry about any apprentice firearms training. The bonuses for expert and master aren't worth much. However the raw skill is absolutely necessary. Expert in most skills is where you will reliable succeed at what you are doing.

Well, my 50hours in game is enough for me to see Larian hasn't changed.
And that is why i'm not hyped at all for Badurs's 3,

I'm replaying it right now and the only comedic elements I found are the Pet Pal related stuff, the writing is pretty grim compared to their older games.
Almost every questline involves people dying left and right often in gruesome fashions and various degrees of psychopathy left and right, especially the deathfog/sourcerer genocide/maniacal gods premises.
Even getting caught with your pants down ends up in a bloodbath.

During the interviews it was shown Sven is actually a D&D player, I mean the madman is actually trying to revive Spelljammer through BG3

But there is some real truth in saying that D&D mechanics can't properly translate to videogames, it's not like Larian doesn't have some authority on what works regarding crpg combat

Kerghan did nothing wrong

>So it wouldn't be remotely the same game anymore?

Well obviously it isn't a CRPG. Mind you, I'd be fine doing another top-down CRPG or some sort of hybrid. Like a 3D environment but seen mostly through top-down or third person, with turn based combat. Otherwise no, I don't see how you translate a CRPG into a 3D environment and have it be the same game. I really don't.

What makes Arcanum Arcanum is the theme of tech vs magick and the basic rules that the concept is built upon. Namely, that each is contradictory. You can't combine tech and magick effectively beyond a certain point because neither will work. Remaining neutral is an option but you will never get the most out of either discipline. As well, Arcanum is a classes system where you invest raw skill points into attribute based skills.

That is Arcanum. It doesn't have to be 3D or a CRPG. It just has to follow the above principles.

Reminds me of Realmz.

It's Steampunk therefore it's automatically SHIT

Jeff is a madman.
Too bad his newer games are bad.

also with the tech vs magic there's a concept of shared power vs personal power
magic gives most power to your character while tech's power is lower but allows easier sharing with other characters, which is also a concept that is present in the world
Magic creates powerful sorcerers while Tech creates powerful armies

allowing say, easy creation of enchanted items would also undermine this

actually the Temple of Elemental Evil game based on 3rd edition D&D is quite amazing, combat wise.
It easily can be fixed by some competent company, so yes it is possible

Dogmeat my dude

Here's how you fix guns in arcanum (With turn based combat in mind)
>Nerf movement in combat across the board. A sword user can find his way to you effortlessly with the current system. All while dodging your bullets with ease. Make it so guns actually do their jobs at harming people from relevant ranges.
>Melee will still be fine. Not many people use guns in arcanum anyway. Plus the return on investment for melee users is so ridiculously good, that nerfing them a tad wouldn't be that big of a deal in favor of making guns better.
>This buff makes stuff like spatial distortion viable for mages too.
>Add in a craftable technology based jacket that acts like a weaker haste potion at the cost of charges. (Can't be used with other haste effects). Better use of materials than for the healing jacket
>Buff the fucking crossbow
>Make the looking glass rifle excel actually excel at long range. More damage the longer the range. It currently has no use compared to the hand cannon which is more valuable since you don't have to craft it.
>Stop making the tesla gun hit my allies. Wtf
>Make bullets a bit easier to find. Not many enemies use guns in arcanum, so you'll find yourself out of ammo early on at the worst of times. Or at least make the recipe for crafting them available earlier.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Excellent point.

Tech can be created (invented) by only a few, but shared with everyone. With magick you have to, for the most part, be personally invested. One reason humans favor tech as well is that magick takes lifetimes to truly master and humans are not long-lived compared to most other races.

Perhaps the central conflict in the game could mirror this. At its base you have Magick vs Tech, but as well it is Enlightenment Liberalism vs old world Conservatism, Populism vs Aristocracy, and the rule of the mob vs the elite. It would all be intertwined.

On the magical side you find older, wise men (and women, sure), but who are out of touch and unconcerned with the masses. They despise the factories, but ironically have the same mentality versus the old peasantry. If they get their way you'll have a world stuck in the middle ages with serfs forever toiling for their magickally inclined overlords. However on the technological side you run the risk of violent revolution. Unionists and Marxists are agitating for the total expunging of magick and its adherents and for the factories to become the property of THE PEOPLE.

Several ways forward, but to navigate the path ahead is tricky and if you don't make the right choices then you get an epilogue that is rather grim. It is possible to eventually reconcile magick and technology and to prevent the worst excesses of each, but it is not easy.

Can you reform the Factory Owners, appease the Unionists, drive out the Marxists, cajole the Mages and Aristocrats, and liberate the common people through education, offering all a better life?

Well you are talking about fixing Arcanum as it is. I'm talking about a remake that is built on a totally different foundation, but with the same inspirational principles behind it. Another option I thought of was, why not role back time a century?

So how about if firearms were ALL muskets and flint-locks? Firearms would thus be a SUPPORT weapon but not a MAIN weapon for a techie. You might spice things up with different bayonet types that let your musket function as a spear in a pinch, or even an axe (axe-head mounted on the butt of the weapon, you flip the musket around and swing it like an axe with the press of a button).

So all characters are relying on swords/axes/maces, but from there they diverge in their support techniques. Think less Nikola Tesla and more Ben Franklin.

Regarding Arcanum though, it is stupid that dodge lets you dodge bullets. Dodging bullets should be like a master level perk that makes it possible.

Give me feedback. :(

Attached: 00118385.jpg (690x500, 35K)

Brie Larson

Ore Golem

She has way better feet than Brie Larson

Underrated enemy: wererats

Just wait until you get a random encounter where you are surrounded by them

Attached: Evan-Rachel-Wood-Feet-150263.jpg (2435x3000, 1.32M)