Remember the dark age of vidya?

Remember the dark age of vidya?

Attached: D07F309F-7233-44AD-92D8-C70493FBFE61.jpg (1200x800, 137K)

Were still in it.

>on disc day 1 dlc
>online passes
>outsourcing legacy franchises to ztier devs
>The beginning of gamers being "entitled"
What did I miss?

Attached: scream-campbell.png (1420x786, 1.59M)

We’re living in it.

we're in the dark age
and its only getting worse

Roman empire of gaming: 1990-2005
Dark age of gaming: 2005-
Renaissance of gaming: ?

still happening it's why gamers must rise up (normies and redditors much catch up Yea Forums knew this for almost a decade now)

Online Passes were such a disaster because you had to pay two fucking things on console in order to play online just because EA wanted to implement an anti-used game system

Thank fuck its gone, but it got replaced by fucking game passes, and that's just gonna get worse by the time you realize you dont even own your games

2019 if it keeps being good

Reminder that the only reason that existed was due to physical existing.

Now that physical is dying, the darkest future is guaranteed.

at least EA realized that online passes weren't a good thing and every other publisher that took after EA also stopped
microtransactions on the other hand, not one of them will stop them

funny thing is that hacked PS3 owners could pirate those online passes. they count as downloadable DLC and people can dump it and upload it.

We need a true collapse for a rebirth. Too many corporate and investors eyes on the Industry for that.

What is there to remember?
Im currently using a money glitch (just like every other player in read dead online) just to be able to afford the in game currency in order to play the game without making microtransactions. Otherwise it's an endless grind that I will be doing for weeks.

Fpbs
I was going to say "when did it end?"

You've never owned your games, you've only owned a license to use them.

What glitch?

>this meme again
the files from Steam and GOG are there, I can play them offline. No repercussions or anything

on console, yeah you're right

Attached: 1361311841272.png (620x634, 230K)

this, we are in fucking Hell right now.

Attached: 241215.jpg (825x371, 41K)

>keeps
lol

In Gears 5 the coalition have ditched paid content and lootboxes in favour of rewarding you for in-game activities.

Is this the beginning of a new era?

>go find 2 cougars with someone
>go to blackwater or rhodes
>have that other player kill your horse
>finish your horse off yourself and wait 2 minutes for it to respawn
>call horse and park it in a tight spot, blocking off the sides of it's ass and sadle (these tight spots are the caravan and butcher table next to blackwater butcher, or the wooden beams underneath the lynching platform in blackwater, or the spot between the wagon and bank in rhodes
>stow a cougar while the horse is parked in tight spot
>if the stowing animation does not occur and the cougar is stowed on the horse in a glitchy fashion, then you are doing it right
>now replace stow that cougar with the other cougar and keep doing that
>check your horse cargo to find 50 cougars stacked on it after a while
>sell at butcher for 1000 dollars
Even after that you will find that you will spend that money in 2 seconds, because despite needing a week's worth of grinding to earn it, the economy in the game is so fucked that it will eat your money just like that. When a pistol costs 600 dollars and you can earn 200 dollars from 4 hours of extremely efficient hunting, or 10 dollars from a 15 minute pvp match. Oh and btw there arent many guns that aren't completely underpowered. You can also buy 500 dollar pamflets to learn how to make "explosive bullets" to be able to 1 shot everyone! How great! So yeah, open up your wallet.
Fuck this game seriously.

Lol. Those shark cards taught rockstar something dangerous. So glad I'm too poor to even buy red dead 2

Except GTA V is a functioning game.

Red dead online is the most broken piece of trash I have bought in years with an obscene lack of content and glaring errors in game design that try to "add detail" and "realism" but fail so hard that they just make the game tedious and incredibly unrealistic.
"Oh no dude you're not allowed so much cash back then a dollar was like $100 today". But a can of beans costs $1.50, and a revolver costs $300, oh and you have to pay for pointless shit every 5 minutes like stable maintenance $1.50 oh and fast travelling in red dead online costs up to $10 (You do the math).
Just literally tax the player until he gives in and blows 100 actual monies to buy in game currency.

>60+$ game that I've yet to see go on sale
>Full of unskippable ads
>Heavy fucking MTX and loot crate like systems
Anyone playing these games should be beating to death infront of their own familys

Attached: That's all Folks.jpg (1100x1760, 618K)

Oh man online passes, made it impossible to buy used games
How were they ever even allowed?

Honestly surprised people still buy these games

Pessimists look at lootboxes, optimists look at the next cutting edge game.

It's illegal to sell games. The product was licensed to you and you alone.

>that moment when your 17 year old cousin from Slavland taught you how to crack Need For Speed Carbon on his Windows xp
best day of my life

Just like it's illegal to sell a candy bar but no food company has ever put a limitation on their products

We're entering the dark age though

>more censorship than ever
>big blockbuster games with mo-cap celebs by hollywood wannabe hacks
>over the shoulder third person cinematic experiences
>emphasis on photorealism over art direction
>emphasis on railroaded cutscenes over deep gameplay mechanics
>forced political agendas
>xbox dead
>nintendo has no games and underpowered hardware
>snoy betrayed their japanese roots and hate boobs
>PC torn apart by EGS civil war

The last time video games were good when it was still a hobby for nerds, the moment it became acceptable with normalfags like marvelshit and nu-star wars, it all went to shit.

>>PC torn apart by EGS civil war
This one is absolutely the worst one of them all, second to the censorship of course.
Now that CONSOLE WARS exist on PC, soon PC store platforms are going to follow suit with what Console platforms are doing, like Sony's censorship or Microsoft's cracking down on free speech, just so they can look good in the eyes of consumers and ultimately destroy what PC gaming once was forever.

We are still in the Roman Empire age desu, like when the empire started to get real shitty and corrupt. The dark ages will truly be ushered in with a collapse of the industry and the Renaissance will follow once shit is put back together.

We've only dug deeper, at least back then the games came intact instead of being fragmented into dozens of DLCs.

That's why they'll do their best to remove the possibility of not having your hard earned schekels in their pockets

>PC torn apart by EGS civil war

That isn't a thing, pirate everything that isn't on the platform of your choice or even better pirate everything that doesn't come without DRM.

T. Steam cultist

Grow up you fucking faggot

I never once said Epic was the problem, smoothbrain.

>We've only dug deeper, at least back then the games came intact instead of being fragmented into dozens of DLCs.
To think once upon a time when a game was released that was it for the most part and dlc would be an afterthought or something added to a game that sells well and is beloved.
You now have games that already have years worth of dlc in co-developement with the actual game.
And people are shocked when the game is a buggy mess. Day 1 dlc is a dead giveaway of a game rife with problems.

>console wars on pc
It's one platform, brainlet. The only cancer on the PC market is Valve.

Fucking duhh.
It's called making a quality product. Something game companies should start doing.

1 year preorders are the norm

but we are in the dark age of vidya

The Roman Empire stage never ended, we're in the decadence phase now. Dark Ages would be if the entire industry collapsed and nobody was making games anymore, not even indies or small studios.

Splitting hairs doesn't make you look smart. Pic related, it's you.

Attached: Ackchyually.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Most people here will keep saying that we are currently in a dark age but i think that most companies are getting their shit together, Capcom was a mess last gen and now they are easily one of the best publishers right now, SE is also listening to people (inb4 Tifa's tits).

Even shitty companies like EA are finally getting scolded and they are doing single player games instead of their live service shit.

To be fair, RDR 2 Online is still getting new content, also i guess it's kinda difficult to monetize something like it, GTA V Online had similar problems now it's more enjoyable, i do agree that the fucking online shouldn't have launched so early.

I can understand people who simply buy those games because they don't care, even if I strongly disagree with them. The true cancer are the corporate boot-licking faggots who defend practices like that and say shit like "Well of COURSE they're milking us like cows, the developers have FAMILIES to feed!"

Oh ohhohooh it has only begun

>It's illegal to sell games.

Publishers should hire you as their lawyer to sue Gamestop, clearly you're much smarter than they are.

Attached: C'mere, look at this guy.webm (320x240, 233K)

>GTA V Online had similar problems now it's more enjoyable
If you actually enjoyed the game you wouldn't have noticed the grind. I've got so much cash I don't know what to do with.
Those Martin missions are broken. You get so much dosh.

I think if the industry collapsed the only ones left will be indies and small self publishing devs who treat their games like what they originally were: passion projects. The big AAA companies will either have too much money to be affected or get cold feet because the medium is no longer possible and the shareholders back out causing the companies to peace out. I see publishers no longer existing so the only way to make games will be crowdfunding.

PROFITABLE, not possible

>Publishers should hire you as their lawyer to sue Gamestop
Registered retailer =/= your friend.
There is a reason publishers don't sell to the consumer themselves.

It was still the brown and bloom era isn't it

>PROFITABLE, not possible
???

i remember there was this promotion where you could earn a free code for 2 weeks of xbox live

i basically kept doing it until i had enough codes to last a year

EA ia retarded but to be fair I'm pretty it was not started by them and they were the first to drop it. Sony did it for longer (probably as a way to charge for online).

They killed him.

Attached: 1333874641139.jpg (1800x2700, 591K)

Only micros hit and Nintendo seem to be good guys
And Nintendo just barely
Sony crashing this plane