How the fuck did we go from this

How the fuck did we go from this

Attached: Brawl Most Wanteds.jpg (792x559, 131K)

To this

Attached: Ultimate Most Wanteds.jpg (870x463, 71K)

put geno in the shitlist
what a worthless character to add to smash

...what's your point, OP?

people made up dumb shit like "series rep obligations" like "we NEED another Kirby character!!!!!!" and started scraping the bottom of the barrel. 3rd parties like Shantae are only demanded because Nintendo didn't have 3rd party support so people latched onto indies and since shantae was also a brown waifu with the devs shilling her non-stop she became an easy pick despite being one of the worst choices for an indie character purely from a measurement of success.

Attached: 9AST3J0.jpg (1170x1414, 795K)

Rosterfagging standards have lowered

that's because a bunch of the old most wanted characters are in or got fucked.
Among the six in the first picture, 4 are playable, Isaac is an assist trophy, and Geno has a spirit. Those account for some of the biggest rosterfaggotry in the fanbase. There aren't really many new characters who can fill the void

I told you people!
This. Is. Why. We. Need. Goku!

Attached: 1541273404863.gif (540x301, 252K)

By running out of decent characters.

community gets out from ideas after previosly wanted character get in smash bros

Attached: Cringe.jpg (894x759, 37K)

cuck

Attached: 1532961266033.jpg (800x450, 51K)

Shantae cause waifufags and people wanting an indie rep
BWD because he's generally the 4th playable character nowadays in an underepresented first party franchise
Steve cause of the fraud Hitagi, backed by Vergeben mentioning Minecraft content, also dedicated contrarian shitpost character

Calling it now
Smash 6' most wanteds at this point will be
>Spring Man
>Scorpion
>Doomguy
>Xenoblade character
>Steve (the Zoomers will never go away)
>Master Chief
>Dante

GBA needs a rep, there is practically no GBA representation. Wario is based off Warioware, but it isnt even his home console. Isaac fits the bill, and he could bring something interesting to the table with djinn and hand/earth based psynergy. Now, chances are that he will never graduate from AT cause Camelot wont make another game, and only "classic" franchises or ones with a future get in. Not that I'd want them to make it anyway, everybody that gave a shit about it left even before DD.

Attached: Isaac.(Golden.Sun).full.670173.jpg (695x541, 214K)

Don't forget that characters that are deconfirmed now will also be asked for again, so geno-, isaac-, ashley-, bwd-, and waluigifags among others, will crawl out of their graves again.
Not to mention if it is like Sakurai said and they start cutting characters again, peopl ewill have to hope that their character who got in this time is even still in.

GBA/GC will always be the unfortunate middle child
Too young to be "retro"
Too old to be be relevant

GBA, PS2, GCN, and Xbox will be considered retro soon.

Attached: nah.png (1525x1206, 1.65M)

Shantae came from Kickstarter update that told people to vote for her. There was a lack of third party support during the Wii U era, so people rallied behind indies. Also, waifufags.
Waddle Dee is there because he has the highest track record and the modern day Kirby fanbase grew up with RtDL. Yes, they have nostalgia for the fucking Wii game. Other Kirby characters were killed off for about 20 years.
Steve was just seen as a joke character that only dumb kids would want. Then, leakfaggotry and anti-Banjo shitposting happened.

no

Attached: 5b431b900b4b2.jpg (457x631, 83K)

Had to add Soma Cruz.

Golden Sun is older than Ice Climber was when they got picked for Melee.

No literal bits and it won't be considered "retro"
We're stuck as the middle child forever

Unironically want the DK64 characters.

Smash 6's newcomers are going to suck incredible ass. Unless they get Sora or go crazy and actually do someone non-vidya, nothing could hold a candle to what Brawl, Smash 4, or Ultimate have had.
Awwww, somebody's still mad over the Belmonts, aren't they?

One day Isaacbro. I'm stoked Isaac got in as an AT but at the same time I hope Nintendo understands that there was a fan demand that had hoped to see him playable.

I'm kinda hoping if Isaac doesn't make into Ultimate via DLC that Smash 6 is just Ultimate: Turbo Edition since it'd be a real shame to lose reps when Ultimate is so fucking good. Like I'd love to see Isaac but I'd hate having to lose some characters for it.

Attached: PunishedIsaac.jpg (1910x1312, 733K)

Tastes have changed in 1.5 console generations? Also Shantae's games have been on a Nintendo platform since her first one, making her more worthy than Cloud and Joker.

>No Golden Sun rep or Advance Wars rep

Why Sakurai gotta do us dirty like that

Attached: 1558914414501.jpg (474x512, 67K)

>people wanted characters they grew up with (K. Rool, Ridley, Mega Man, Little Mac), literal whos (Geno), and characters with hot new games at the time (Isaac)
>people wanted characters they grew up with (Steve, Waddle Dee), literal whos (Shantae), and characters with hot new games at the time (all of them)

Attached: 1534842704612.png (600x597, 254K)

because 2/3s of the first image happened already you greedy autist
like shit I don't like steve either and I was a huge genofag but cool your jets and let people like things

People got the characters they want in but no one is satisfied so they just came up with more characters they want it.

Also Geno has been in less games and is far less relevant than hat goombah as ever been. Saying Hat Goombah shouldn't be in is like saying Luigi shouldn't be in as he's basically the designated player 2 of Kirby now 64 came out before Mansion so the parallel still stands

Most wanted in Brawl, most wanted now. Stay mad.

Genofans haven't left, and never will.

Because we've run out of historically and culturally important characters. When they said "Everybody is here," they meant it.

hello zoomies

spbp

>Most wanted in Brawl
>most wanted now
Both of these are false. Also him being wanted during Brawl doesn't matter. I don't know why Genofags keep bringing this up as if it's a convincing point for why the character is a good addition.

>Isaac
It's his turn

Attached: il_fullxfull.1598824221_snay.jpg (778x883, 142K)

gee wiz it's almost as if all the good characters are already in the game.

Also Geno is a shittier addition than anything in the second image.

Smash is getting too many characters