Will yo-kai watch replace pokemon after it dies?

Attached: 1447384037105.png (500x335, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gonintendo.com/stories/338316
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

user, YKW4 has framerate issues and its opening sales are 30% lower than the last entry's.

YKW is dead on its ass.

not with these monster designs. The only Kappa that the west knows is this fuckface from twitch. Westerners dont know shit about the grotesque japanese folklore. And while I do know some of them, I find the Yokai Watch designs just... disgusting in a "look, dogpoop!" way. There is a reason why this serious fails to catch on in the west.
It does have some generic thot waifu designs, so Im sure some basic bitches would fall for them (you know the type of person, the guy who waifus Fotm shit like Nessa), but for me, none of the Yokai watch designs are pleasent.

As much as I hate Pokemon, YKW can't beat shit with those shitty ass monster designs

id take rare framerate issues on a amazing game instead of a shitty game with dreamcast graphics

Attached: 1561165964911.jpg (1769x2005, 583K)

user YKW has been on the downturn for a while.

> I find the Yokai Watch designs just... disgusting in a "look, dogpoop!"
have you ever played any of the games, or looked at the shadow side yokais ?

Attached: Yokai girls.jpg (821x1122, 370K)

Sadly, YKW4's framerate issues are anything but rare

youkai watch has shit designs thought, people only forgive game freak because of the designs

>shitty ass monster designs

Attached: cool designs.jpg (3826x2400, 844K)

too much waifushit for me desu senpai

>Nu-gamefreak
>good designs

Attached: impidimp.jpg (542x575, 60K)

Yo kai watch is declining way harder than Pokémon in japan. Yo kai watch 4 won’t even do 1/4 of LGEP opening in japan

I did look at some and I did play the demo on the 3ds. The gameplay was quite boring, not my cup of tea. Also dunno man, a lot of the designs there are just disgusting/creepy.

These are horrible.

Cuckai Watchetty is already dead ya dumbfuck. Also Pokémon ain’t ever dying.

Attached: 0CF22DC4-D4E2-495D-831D-C67BE27F2E3B.gif (936x954, 206K)

the gameplay from yo-kai watch 1/2 is completely different from the game of yo-kai watch 3/4
>a lot of the designs there are just disgusting/creepy.
i mean, they are supposed to be fucking monsters but they still have some cute designs

Attached: dunsparce yokai.png (200x200, 56K)

>creative designs bad
>bobbledhead and copying designs from older gens good

Attached: shit designs.png (1387x766, 483K)

>Yo kai watch 4 won’t even do 1/4 of LGEP opening in japan
Are you saying its Japanese sales aren't even on track reach 1/4 to LGPE's Japanese sales for openings? I didn't know it was doing that badly.

It's weird seeing such a great design like Corviknight paired up with the rest.

yeah i guess he can be an exception (even tho i dont like him that much because of the dark color), the rest are shit tho

fuck off shill. Pokemon swsh is a backstab to the fans

it's dead to me.

gonintendo.com/stories/338316

>- 30%
>- relatively low sell-through
>- direct comparison with past entries isn’t possible, as this is the first main game since Yo-kai Watch 1 to not release on a Saturday

Attached: 1447249556845.jpg (1280x720, 307K)

>direct comparison with past entries isn’t possible, as this is the first main game since Yo-kai Watch 1 to not release on a Saturday
Why does that matter?

Let’s go did 625k. Yo kai watch 4 projected 150k

Let’s go was a remake. Sword and shield is gonna destroy yo kai watch 4

>game sells alot so it must mean its good
LGPE sold 10 million copies

>franchise that is only popular on japan VS the biggest gaming franchise in the world
that sure is a fair comparission

pokemon is too big to fail

>Will yo-kai watch replace pokemon after it dies?
How can it replace Pokemon if it can even reach a fanbase 1/4 of its size?
Your argument isn't wrong, but also isn't relevant in this threads topic.

>rare framerate issues
user I...

Attached: FC2A095B-7C1B-4CC6-B8D0-929FF4EDC60E.png (1287x858, 1.61M)

>Pokemon knock-offs replacing Pokemon

It is, those are the jap sales only.

>switch game has framerate issues
what else is new? swsh will also manage to have framerate issues just like legpiss did.

Attached: 1542172742821.webm (1280x720, 1.69M)

So what with all the yo kai shilling lately? I know people are autistically mad about pokemon but jumping from one giant pile of shit to another giant pile of shit is not an improvement.

Drednaw would've been great without that retarded block head
Corviknight looks based

the entire world has 100x more people than japan you retard

People are starting to realize the reason the new Pokemon looks like shit is that the Switch can’t handle shit that looks like Yo-kai.

Yokai Watch fans have some sort of complex about nobody caring for their games and as such aggressively try to shill the series. Now that the new Yokai Watch 4 came out, which looks much better than the new Pokemon and people being angry about the latter, they try to shill it once again as the superior Pokemon game, failing to see as usual why people have no interest in the series.

no, there's still no excuse for how ugly swsh looks. that shit looks worse than a wii game. the switch is weak, but it's not that weak.
and swsh will still run like a powerpoint slide show at times because game freak can't into 3d.

The yokai look like nu-Pokemon

Honestly nobody buys Pokemon for the new designs. They just want a new game to catch gen 1-3 Pokemon in

if i could play a yokai watch game with english patched in it, i would.

>Thinking a game could be amazing with framrate issues
The average intelligence of yokai watch pedos

"Look" is the right word here. For what I have seen of the game it seems to have the exact same issues sword and shield has except for the graphics, and if you ask me the game looks more mediocre than good.

30% lower than vanilla Yo-kai 3 or 30% lower than the third version of 3, because the third version's sales were abysmal

It's a Level 5 IP. It's been born to get milked hard and then die.

Yeah, I was actually simply referring to the graphics. No clue about the gameplay, but from what I saw I still wonder why the hell a monster taming game lets you battle with the protagonist himself.
Already didn't understand that back in the day with Spectrobes, since it undermines the whole appeal of the genre.

>Don't worry guys Bakugan will kill Yu Gi Oh
>Don't worry guys Chaotic will kill Yu Gi Oh
>Don't worry guys I'm sure Duel Masters will kill Yu Gi Oh
>Don't worry guys KAIJUDO WILL KILL YU GI OH

Attached: 1529153613600.jpg (1200x675, 107K)

The toys aren't selling, the anime is practically dead, and the newest game flopped. YKW's time is ogre.

that's how megami tensei does it and they created the genre. the pokemon approach came later.

Aren't duel masters and kaijudo the same thing?

About to get into YW cause fuck pokemon after what they did with SwSh
most anons told me to skip 1 and just play 2, should i?

Attached: 71Ef89-NomL._SL1276_.jpg (1276x1145, 191K)

I’m guessing you haven’t played SMT, huh?

Kaijudo was just some practically unrelated show made to promote the card game.

>He thinks Pokemon will die anytime soon
Why is Yea Forums so fucking delusional?
You all fucking retards said the same about LGPE and it was still a success

Attached: 1561087273553.jpg (360x296, 33K)

skip 1, its the worst in the series
play 2 and see if you like the gameplay, if not then go to ykw 3

If this game flops in Japan, why the hell do you think it will do better anywhere else?

Yokai designs are too ugly to pander to the normalfag audience that buys Pokemon merchandise.

LGPE was shit tho

Jibanyan and its variants are much better than any pokeshit pumped out in the past 5 years

Yokai Watch has little international appeal compared to Pokemon, so no

>thinking pokemon is dying
>thinks an actual dying franchise will replace it

And that's why half of the yo kai in existence are Jibanyan recolors.

But still sold and milked money from retards which is all that matters for a company
What make you think SwSh will be different?

the fucking point is that you cant compare yo-kai watch with pokemon you retard

the entire point of the topic is it "replacing" pokemon, which is won't

fuck this shit, post your yokai waifu and your yokaibro

Attached: blizzaria 14.png (505x810, 249K)

>would you like to nickname your Grookey?
>Nooker

Then why are you in a thread that is not only comparing both of them but directly stating that yo kai will surpass pokemon.

It might overtake, or at least compete with Pokemon in Japan, but no way in hell will it come close to competing anywhere else.

Pokemon's designs became "cuter" and "softer" with the time because cute and stuff attracts normalfags who but toys, plushies and other merchandise. Yokai are too aesthetically unpleasant for normalfags.

yeah pokemonfags will buy anything if charizard is in it, yo-kai watch is still way better tho

it's dying in Japan too soooooooo

At least pokemon got some good games last decade, YW still has no good games or designs.
Digimon is the only good option.

blizzaria is my waifu

Attached: tunatic.png (151x230, 49K)

>Don't worry guys B-Daman will kill Pokemon
>Don't worry guys Stone protectors will kill Pokemon
>Don't worry guys Pog Slammers will kill Pokemon
>Don't worry guys Monster Rancher
>But my guy MEDABOTS
>BUT MUH YOKAI WATCH
Starting to see a pattern here?

Attached: cellphone.jpg (700x553, 41K)

Oh wow, someone from 2013, take me with you user.

Buy Yokai Watch 3

>90% lolis
wont sell in the west

no she is mine, you can have damona

Attached: Blizzaria 8.png (1768x2095, 1.37M)

>ORAS, X/Y, LGPE, S/M
>good

Attached: 1560540237663.gif (502x400, 2.49M)

Got a video of the framerate issues? I keep hearing about them but so far 0 proof shown

>90% lolis

Attached: 1466027385392.png (1024x694, 725K)

>pokemon
>good games from the last decade
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: Spy.png (576x408, 343K)

god i want her to bully me so badly

reminder that YKW is souless now

Attached: soul vs souless.png (1208x684, 862K)

ORAS is good.
Retarded Satania poster

Attached: 456456.gif (480x270, 1.13M)

From a marketing standpoint, yes.
These ones would be a nightmare to get the west to embrace.

What caused this sudden Pokemon backlash anyway?

They are literally spirits.

The newest game is a clusterfuck of bad decisions.

Most Pokemonfans would probably default to Digimon as the secondary mon franchise first.

Good point. And I do agree I like the way SMT does it. The MC and demons really form a party and are kind of useless without each other. The MC learns new skills through the demons and is the only one capable of using items or changing the party formation during battle, where as the demons are usually stronger.
Looking at Yokai Watch 4 it just reminded me a bit of the first Spectrobes (dunno who has played it here). In that game you could only control the MC during battle and only passively take control over your Spectrobes by pressing the shoulder buttons to activate a skill. The MC could kinda fight and use different attacks, by was super weak. Looking shortly at some gameplay videos of YK4 it kinda reminded me of that system, since the first video I watched make it look like you can only control the MC during battle. Upon watching a few others seems like I was wrong and you can also use your Youkai. But only one at a time without having control over the rest of the party as it seems?

Gamefreak either lost their touch or are too tired of Pokemon to care anymore

The game doesn't contain all Pokemon, only a selected pool of unknow size. Then people suddenly realized that the graphics also suck and having a controlable camera is no innovation.

Because he doesn't look like a Pokemon
He looks like a YuGiOh.

Attached: corviknight.png (385x562, 423K)

Only good designs gf has are the girl trainers

Their YuGiOh mons are the best.

Attached: ポケモン.jpg (289x174, 9K)

i don't have a yokai waifu, but pic related is my yokaibro and i hope he's recruitable in ykw4.

Attached: shutendoji.png (699x885, 346K)

bro i love ganondorf aswell

You guys know they're gonna make a third version/sequel that fixes it all, right? They always pull crap like this. Hook line and sinker.

no, tripfag, they aren't. it's a permanent policy change.

Attached: game freak policy change.png (2838x400, 359K)

REMINDER THAT THE ANIME IS COMFY AS FUCK

Attached: playboy.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Third version usually don't really add new Pokemon since that would make them incompatible with the first two version if you intend to do some battles (forcing players to still use a Gala Dex only team if they want to battle with someone that didn't buy the third version).
I strongly doubt they would update the games in this case to make them compatible.
And I also hate their third versions. Having a proper sequel like BW2 is fine, because having a new story and new towns and locations is quite fun and a new experience even though it's in the same region. But a third versions offers nothing that would warrant paying $60 for.

Attached: 8A7ED543-A95B-47D6-85F3-748F5A6CA51D.png (326x279, 123K)

>Yo-kai watch 4 will forever have shit frame rate
>it wont be localized
Feels bad man

Attached: 1560975939741.png (426x410, 144K)

I'm gonna guess you looked at the same pic of cherrypicked early game Yokai from YW1 and decided all the monsters were garbage.

How will yokai watch ever recover?

That's a loaded question

the monkey is not great, but not bad, the bunny and the lizard are ass, the plant ones are okay, i guess... the sheep, it's pretty simple, but I guess it works, the bird is awesome and the turtle's body is alright, but the head is absolute dogshit

>ORAS is good

Attached: yikes.png (200x200, 71K)

first post worst post