YOU MO-RON! YOU ARE NOT TO QUESTION MY ORDERS! WHEN I SAY JUMP, YOU JUMP! WHEN I SAY FIGHT...

YOU MO-RON! YOU ARE NOT TO QUESTION MY ORDERS! WHEN I SAY JUMP, YOU JUMP! WHEN I SAY FIGHT, YOU FIGHT! WHEN I TELL YOU TO DIE FOR YOUR Fallout thread THEN YOU WILL CERTAINLY DIE! HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR!?

Attached: Sergeant.png (803x414, 647K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Bi51-wjcwp8
youtube.com/watch?v=MD_B4GQkKVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder

Attached: 1552253285667.jpg (922x274, 125K)

This lol.
I have seen idiots here cry that fallout 3 and 4 used power armor as box art and marketing, despite that fact that both F1 and F2 did the same thing.

Fallout Tactics is unironically the best Fallout game but only if you're not a faggot and play in real time mode.

Attached: 1559683243382.gif (640x480, 1.81M)

Reminder that the Enclave prank call is literally the best conversation in the entire franchise and it's just a dumb side thing with a character that doesn't matter

Attached: enclave here.png (544x361, 378K)

Nice.
Post more boomer Fallout pics.
I only have Fallout 4 smut.

Attached: 1544066192445.jpg (1080x1080, 125K)

It's always weird seeing the sky in art of what's supposed to be Fallout 1/2, from what I remember pic related is the only instance the days sky is visible in color in the first two games, that's not a talking head, death screen or the Vault Dweller exile scene.

Attached: brahmin.jpg (961x479, 57K)

"My idea is to explore more of the world and more of the ethics of a post-nuclear world, not to make a better plasma gun."

The problem is less that todd simplifies things for the lowest common denominator (although actually, that's a huge problem, especially as far as mechanics are concerned) but and more that his writers are just plain old bad at exploring the ideas they want to explore.

>youtu.be/Bi51-wjcwp8

They haven't made a real mainline fallout game since 4 though and I've heard Emil left the writing team after this, so who knows? I actually remember liking one or two of the random stories I read in 76 a little bit.

>but and more that his writers are just plain old bad
I remember all of those [INTELLIGENCE] lines in FO3 now.

>I remember all of those [INTELLIGENCE] lines in FO3 now.
no you don't, you remember what Yea Forums has told you

Attached: 1558742561756.png (1516x1086, 123K)

I want to marry this girl she's so pretty

this?
youtube.com/watch?v=MD_B4GQkKVI

I like fallout 3 but I think not having disguises so you could have moments like this or the cathedral in 1 was a huge misstep

>Enclave soldiers in Raven Rock magically see that you're the punk from vault 101 despite wearing the same armor as everyone else

The central conflict in the Pitt is one of the best written and few truly morally/ethically grey conflicts in the series. Even back in 1 it was mostly "GENOCIDE AND RAIDERS BAD" as if that is supposed to be something you debate about.

Fite me.

Attached: Its this radioactive in the real world too.jpg (1920x1080, 755K)

no point in having disguises when there's only one faction

>5 main games in and we still haven't got a drivable vehicle
>closest is a helicopter that acts as glorified fast travel

Attached: 1556442572363.png (388x488, 110K)

Advanced Power Armor in fallout 2 served as an Enclave disguise in Camp Navarro and Control Station ENCLAVE. There's no reason it shouldn't be in 3, either.

Bros Fallout 76 is actually pretty fun if you play with a friend. I’ve always wanted a co-op Fallout/Elder Scrolls and its a blast. Most fun I’ve had with a game in a while

Attached: F951885F-29ED-4A56-B459-A0AA01C2B05F.jpg (1920x1080, 506K)

Is survival mode still always forced on you?

I played it completely alone from start to finish just exploring and doing all the quests and it was pretty fun, don't get the overwhelming hate at all, I mean I can understand Yea Forums hating it,, but the game is exactly like fallout 4 minus dialogue and npcs and the mainstream loved falllout 4

>but the game is exactly like fallout 4 minus dialogue
Yea Forums hates fallout 4 because it was a step down from new vegas. 76 is a step down from 4. Do the math, sonny.

No its not. It basically boils down to siding with Megatron or Starscream. A brutal tyrant or a known backstabber.

>>It basically boils down to siding with Megatron or Starscream.
>Missing the entire dilemma over the slaves and the possibility of a cure

>Side with the guy who's almost got the cure soon, honest
>Side with the raging retard who's almost guaranteed to make everything worse
complex moral choices. Everyone talks about the pitt like it's the best thing about 3. It was a below-average slog at best.

Fallout triggers me because water is still irradiated despite filtering itself and there are no plants or trees hardly, despite it being 200 years, but West Virginia is a magical paradise? The radiation from DC, Philly, Indy, etc. would have fucked the Appalachians too if it was so bad that things are still fucked 200 years later.

Stupid. Hell we have bombs stronger than the ones in Fallout in the real world. Only 1/2/NV get a by because its the Mojave.

NV has lots of clean water, though.

Yeah and it's the best 3D Era FO by far, it also has plants.

clean, not pure, it's still irradiated, but humans have become so use to it that it doesn't matter.

This the entire plot of 3 is retarded since water will filter out radiation given enough time.

that's not how radiation works

>Siding with the guy who may or may not develop a cure and is the only thing keeping his pack of retards from going full-on raider
>Siding with the vengeful retard who will almost certainly not develop a cure BUT slaughters the slavers and emancipates the slaves
Siding with Ashur is a hail mary gamble that could make everything better or significantly worse. Werhner can't fix everything but can absolutely fix the most pressing issues in the city. Its absolutely a valid moral conflict and one of the best outside NV.

Thank god for the fauna/regrowth mods, the metro mod and NAC weather mod makes 4 a much better game too.

Attached: 1547422679837.png (704x711, 692K)

Desertification can be a long-term thing once it's allowed to happen. The plants die, which means the soil isn't protected from wind erosion and moisture isn't retained as well. Stuff like that. You've got deserts in the world that are expanding right now. If there was a nuclear winter it probably wouldn't help with that.
I don't know how radiation would play into that and yeah Fallout is probably too bleak after 200 years generally. But you might have some long-term desertification happening on large areas of the US after a nuclear war.
I think I read that long-term water contamination (even groundwater) would be an issue too. Water might not even be that radioactive compared to the rest but if you're going to drink the water you need it to be very little radioactive.
I don't think percolation/evaporation removes radiation very well.

I said I completely understand why Yea Forums would hate it

While true, we know the Fallout Bombs only had so much of a kiloton yield, the difference is that they were more salted, they contained more radiation rather than explosive power. Ours alone which are stronger in both aspects wouldn't cause desertification, Fallouts has no logical reason to, look at Chernobyl for instance, while yes, it wasn't a nuke, it's thriving just fine off the radiation, there are pockets and mutations for sure, but things have grown back just fine. Even if we're to assume that literally hundreds were dropped on a single location (since 77 were sent to Las Vegas and the surrounding areas) it'd still create way more massive problems.

It's just a matter of Bethesda and poor world building anymore. As for radiation, it would cause rain issues soon after the bombs fell which would help to kill a lot of things and people and spread (which makes no sense considering West Virginia/76), but even then, there is no way the DC Waters are as radiated as they should be, especially considering they're connected to the ocean. The Fallout world itself can't even have been completely wiped out, there has to be countries and places that are just fine still. If West Virginia is not a strategic nuclear point in a Great War, then imagine how Africa is doing right now.

Fallout Tactics is definitely better in continuous turn based mode, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it the best Fallout game.

>side with the idiot who enslaves people and forces them to turn into troggs even as he works on a cure, despite the fact he could just NOT enslave people and doom them to troggification because the Pitt's steel mills aren't THAT valuable
>side with the idiot who is almost certainly going to kill a baby and accomplish nothing

Maybe when I'm offered a choice that doesn't insult me by pretending it's deep or complex because it's not completely black and black.

Attached: 1509952749387.jpg (540x671, 98K)

What are other good games comparable to the original Fallout titles? Just finished Wasteland 2, I think it was pretty good. I am looking forward to the third one as well.

Imagine being in Vault 11 and she's the first sacrifice, how unfortunate.

Fallout 2 used the Enclave power armor though, they didn't just rehash another version of the T-power armor set like 3 and 4 do.
Hell, you can't even really tell the one on Fallout 4's cover is supposed to be different.

>Goris in the back
Still the absolute best fucking companion in any fallout game. Throwing off the cloak to cut some bitches up will NEVER not be cool.

>bethesda will never introduce a companion this COOL again
At least there's Hancock and Nick Valentine.

dude it's the t-60 totally a differnet power armor and the most advanced one and not just the T-45 redesigned but they wanted people to actually use it

>The only working steel mill and industrial ammo press in the series isn't valuable
user...
>side with the idiot who is almost certainly going to kill a baby and accomplish nothing
Except emancipating all the slaves and eradicating a band of raiders. However that makes the Pitt more or less irrecoverable. You could make the case that either is the proper choice.
>black and black.
You only think like that because you're not looking at all the variables here and ignoring the good each choice offers.

Why would I want to imagine that?

No, none of that shit is valuable. Who the fuck is using it, besides the raiders and their bullet press? What struggling wasteland settlements are lining up to purchase fresh steel to replace the infrastructure in their shitty, rusty junkheap towns?

Could it be "no one"? Because I don't remember there being a single reference to who is using it in the here and now, just moralizing about how important it can and will be in the future. Which also conveniently forgets that without iron and coal mines to supply it, steel production will eventually drop off to nothing as the salvage runs out.

If no one is using it and production isn't sustainable, why force people to die making it?

fuck your wife while thinking about girl you stupid normie

It should also trigger you because radiation can't mutate entire species to the point it does in fallout

Never forget Doctor and Barter guy

Attached: doctor and barter.png (1643x1845, 3.13M)

>Who the fuck is using it
Any of the people they trade with? Monroeville? Erie? Ronto? Capital Wasteland slavers? Are you seriously unable to see the importance of *an industrial ammo press* to anybody in the setting, especially the slavers who sell shit to the Pitt or any traders who come along? Plus just because Bethesda doesn't show it doesn't mean it isn't there. Do you think California is still a backwater by the 2270s just because you don't see it?
>Which also conveniently forgets that without iron and coal mines to supply it
Literally does not matter. I doubt they'll run out of salvage soon and if they do they're in fucking Pennsylvania. That shit is just laying around everywhere.

she's so filtered and photoshopped she's basically CGI. don't fall for it

I'm still legitimately stumped to how he got to Horrigan in the first place

And that's a good thing, fuck mounts and shit

no, I don't think so, I think she's beautiful :)

Why are new fallout games so shit.

I just want not-shit writing/narrative/choices

Modern Bethesda is garbage. There best game in 10 years is Skyrim and that’s sad

The people who question why the Capital Wasteland is still such a shithole always amuse me. It's like asking why Africa in the real world (which has the benefit of, you know, not being nuke blasted hellhole to send unending aid and money) is still backwards when the rest of the world isn't. T

How the actual fuck do you even do this?
And how do you not notice throughout the game that you are locking yourself out of options?
I'm getting jitters when unable to open doors / chests with Lockpick or to hack terminals. Or failing dialogue skill checks.

I'm this guy.
I know it's not Fallout but Wasteland 2 is honestly pretty enjoyable in all three categories you mentioned. I also heard good things about UnderRail but haven't played it myself. ATOM RPG also caught my eye but it seems pretty janky.

>thinking it's real

underrail and ATOM RPG are both very good

The Enclave did nothing wrong.
High command can suck a cactus, but post-apocalyptic politics call for a firm hand and swift action.

Attached: 1529798450839.png (667x1000, 1.12M)

it's still real to me dammit