One level completely ruins the game

>one level completely ruins the game

Attached: rtcw.png (812x520, 746K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d9nYeKFh9NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JVPRaHL59hU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're just clumsy

I don't give a fuck about some retarded alarm going off. I can still kill everyone in the game just fine. Alarms go off all the time in previous levels, how come this time it's a "Mission Failed"?

Because read the mission description: once alarm is raised, the installation is sealed off and you have no chance to enter it, even if you kill everyone

Why are the first 2/3rds of RTCW so good?

Why is the last 3rd so shit? It's full of bullet sponges enemies.

Start playing ET again Yea Forumsros
I'm pleasantly surprised the servers are still running and well populated at spikes
And holy fuck, is it fucking fun after all this time

Attached: scr.jpg (1280x1024, 273K)

fine

Attached: 10931401513.png (900x900, 603K)

I tried to stealth every mission so I hadn't even noticed it was a big deal in this one. I just thought "finally a mission you can stealth well".

>bullet sponges are bad
Just head shot them

Attached: 1449356109652.webm (616x352, 312K)

>Forced "Stealth" mission in an otherwise-balls to the wall action game with no real stealth mechanics

Attached: 1344747989354.png (285x276, 65K)

Or just tap them with flamethrower
That shit was incredibly overpowered letting the fucks burn

These aren't the enemies I'm talking about. In the later levels there's an abundance of the ubersoldiers (one of the boss at the end of the submarine level). They take forever to kill.

If don't fire your gun too wildly the enemies won't trigger the alarm. It's like this in most levels. Stealth is fun.

Thoughts on this map?

Attached: 000.png (1600x900, 2.57M)

Flamethrower was so underrate d. No one ever seemed to use it.

Any desert level in any game ever, except maybe BotW

I miss these types of kill feed messages

The entire latter half of VTMB

One of the best

Attached: 10931401513.png (1193x578, 646K)

Hollywood was great faggot

Fuel wasn't all that common in the first place, ran out incredibly quickly if in one continuous stream, and you had to poof the fucks, fully utilizing the burn time and ideally combine it with knife and kicking against single targets

Way better than TF2 yet Yea Forums was just full of TF2 fags meanwhile the superior game existed years before and was f2p from the get go.

The sewers definitely were not.

hollywood is definitely still the first half of the game

ADS killed fps games

catacombs was supercool though, used to scare the shit out of me when i was younger. The intro scene with the soldiers running away was really nice as well.

Attached: WolfSP 2019-06-22 14-27-44-99.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

Beach is still the best multiplayer map of all time.

These guys were just unfair they on hardest difficulty

Attached: 0E3B200C-4F7D-4E3A-B294-CDC4F76D9774.gif (250x280, 464K)

Shadow of Rome did this bullshit like none other.

how did you do?
last time I tried it, I felt that everyone must be fucking cheating, 100% accuracy tripleheadshotting me with mp/thompson from across the map

GOOD GAY

>you rise from the water canals in X-labs
>Assassination track starts playing
>sole Looper hops through
>Übersoldat prototype following his path, fires at the rampant Looper, smashing the support pillars in his path
>tfw

Attached: 1556993978331.png (399x509, 180K)

Im playing Vampire the masquerade for the first time and I was really enjoying the game. Its has problems like the combat, but I love talking to people and learning things about the world. God damn that fucking Hollywood sewer section has completely ruined the game for me. Im still gonna keep playing because I really like it, but I hope I can skip that somehow in future sections.

Attached: WhatAreYouDoingMan.png (152x148, 46K)

>he doesn't know

niggers tongue my anus

Padeborn is truly the comfiest level.
I'd like to sit on the balcony there, listening to Moon sonata, drinking '38 Latour

Play on F|A servers, they're really good with anticheat on
I'm having a sincere blast from the past, people are really cool and fun with minor exceptions like spawn-killing camping Panzerfaggots

Bro just no clip to the shortcut but I agree

>not liking forest

PLEB

>he didnt use the plus patch that lets him skip the majority of it
There are some shitty gut punches worth experiencing like getting sent back to 6-1 in Ninja Gaiden but the VTMB sewer level is not worth it

aight ty

>played SP campaign of RTCW hundreds of times growing up
>never got into multiplayer since I was 6 years old at the time
>TF2 was my first and only multiplayer FPS experience - sunk 5000 hours into it over the last decade
>Never got to play WolfET or RTCW MP in its prime, which was arguably better, despite playing the SP religiously
>tfw I cucked myself

Attached: tenor.gif (498x389, 2.98M)

strafelet detected. Learn to strafejump, zoom zoom.

Attached: 1432385896016.jpg (600x459, 205K)

I always wanted to put our differences aside and team up with the Nazis to find the hordes of undead.

It's not just the one level, but this is where the game started to go downhill.

Attached: maxresdefault (11).jpg (1280x720, 76K)

the game unironically gets worse than the sewers, I don't get why that specific point is "that level" for people

...this still exist? Holy Shit.

second only to this

Attached: nonono.webm (608x408, 1.93M)

>Have some character dialogue between different allied and axis soldiers bantering each other in between waves of undead
That would be pretty dope

Borderline zoomer here: I really like the aesthetic and gunplay of these late 90s, early 2000s shooters. Big fan of Half-Life and SWAT 4.

What should I play next?

Attached: iiii.png (571x634, 570K)

That's one of the best parts of the castle you pleb

FUCK THIS SHIT IT WAS TOO FUCKING SPOOKY
There was also barely any fucking ammo.

dark forces 2: jedi knight

FEAR

>tfw started enjoying it on my second playthrough

I second this. I love the atmosphere and the straightforward nature of these games.

Loved FEAR. Tried the second one and didn't like it as much but the expansions were pretty cool.

Attached: 1503334668441.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Attached: 1559698935929.jpg (284x285, 20K)

>Forced "Stealth" mission in an otherwise-balls to the wall action game with no real stealth mechanics
The opposite is even worse. Actually no, it depends. The "forced" action scenes in Splinter Cell 1 were actually good and felt satisfying, considering it didn't have any "result screens" yet at the time. And the accompanying OST was KINO.
youtu.be/d9nYeKFh9NQ

Splinter Cell 5's "forced fight" on the other hand... Nah, never mind, the problem was with the whole game and its shitty anti-stealth "mark & execute" bullshit.

Games had levels? What?

Hmm... Try STALKER on master difficulty then. It's got some pretty tight fast paced combat on that difficulty and has nearly 0 issues with bullet sponging like the other difficulties do.

Will do. Going to try Return to Castle Wolfenstein too.

I've played over 300 custom scenarios for wolfenstein.
I don't know which is more autistic... the unimaginable autism going from cringy cutscenes that can't be skipped in one scenario to attempts at horrorcore with popular media references from early 2000 like resident evil. Or the fact that I unironically spent 2 days, that I will never get back, on this garbage.

>Every water level ever made

Try "Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena". It even got its prequel game "Escape from Butcher Bay" included, so you basically get two games in one.

Just give it a go now
The skill level ceiling is while pretty high, actually soft. You can't really get steamrolled by good players, provided you're at least average/above average player of FPS games

>walk outside
>hear nazi aircraft flying over
>*DUN DUN dada DUN*

Attached: paratroopers.webm (358x272, 324K)

Based Zoom
Have a good one

Fucking loved these games. I think Dark Athena is the better of the two, seems like a rare opinion. Machine Games even brought back the SCAR gun in the new Wolfenstein.

my entire game was ruined because it auto saved the second after the alarm goes off so it gives the mission failed 100% of the time
great game design

Attached: 1481931403344.jpg (450x600, 49K)

>Peak 15 in mass effect
>Boomers quest in fallout new vegas

Attached: 1559151200653.jpg (1631x1373, 1.13M)

kek

That's what you get for save-scumming

Bullshit. The game always saves at the start of level too

>flamethrowers work on X-creatures
>the game doesn't give you any fuel for the X-Labs mission where they're most prevalent

Fuck you, Gray Matter

Attached: 1449361425417.webm (960x540, 2.74M)

How does this still exist?

>Fearless Assassins

My nigga

Are you excited, bros?

youtube.com/watch?v=JVPRaHL59hU

Attached: 10931401513.png (640x467, 491K)

Git gud

best aesthetic