Breath of the Wild

Breath of the Wild

Attached: 1561287329048.gif (500x306, 2.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tl-6K3zrcr0
youtu.be/B1FJp9WISGQ
mega.nz/#!YqZzRCpZ!bUchiw3OaAk7yyNniYVLzv3PL35oXgqEX7xbNSYNjKU
youtu.be/P_Q2wREAwRM?t=938
youtu.be/RbbwaWPJcCs
youtu.be/1JgJR4iy7wc
youtu.be/2As_DjNkwiI
youtu.be/QyMsF31NdNc?t=1039
youtube.com/watch?v=wz_NK5HgR6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DuYCxuVKZkc
youtube.com/watch?v=OI8D3rdpjuM
youtube.com/watch?v=T9fZXPwwlo4
youtube.com/watch?v=hgnKbFSySfk
youtube.com/watch?v=hUiAmrtxits
youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY
youtu.be/bZQq7o2z78E
youtu.be/TSXqZybz6pM
youtu.be/rR7bCi9Hqrg
youtube.com/watch?v=4k6kDII2-Yw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

never had fun with AC

What is the point trying to be made here?

because it was a glorified collectathon. god i hated that shit so much
>OMG BRO LOOK AT ME JUMP INTO A HAYSTACK AFTER COLLECTING THE 100TH FLAG IN THIS AREA
fuck AC

What?

stupid frog

Why does BoW look so much worse than a game a decade earlier?

>Missing the point that Link can climb on nearly any natural rock surface in the game with procedural animation in any direction and ACfags can only use predefined handholds

>why new game not like old game
>new game bad

Attached: Where+are+your+brainlet+images+fj_d237bc_6691842.jpg (692x800, 73K)

>900 Korok seeds
>120 shrines

will be the most influential game of the generation

Attached: cry.png (143x143, 36K)

Except if you played Origins or Odyssey, you'd realise Assassin's Creed can now climb any surface but with grabbing onto realistic handholds still. The technology for climbing is vastly superior to Zelda.

>0 nano seconds since last...

rent free

>Except if you played Origins or Odyssey
No thanks. Don't hate myself quite enough to play the yearly Ubishit microtransaction-ridden garbage.

>right
>gameplay mechanics
>left
>hold button and watch pretty animation

Then why didn't you past WE WUZ KANGS instead you dumb AC niggers.

dont kid yourself faggot

Attached: 18j56705j24sqjpg.jpg (792x535, 411K)

I don't get it

now a 6/10 because its lazy repetitive and nothing new

Attached: Ubisoft.jpg (400x562, 187K)

in what way is right a mechanic? you hold up all the same. All you do is take breaks and often wait for the rain to stop. And you can spiderman up anything when you exploit the stamina system

there wont ever be a single day where Yea Forums is not butt mad about The Legend of Zelda™ Breath of The Wild
i know the game is not a 10/10 perfect game, it fails in many factors and its not truly a zelda game but just coming to this board to see you guys so mad about it 842 days after its release only makes my day better, please do stay seething

Attached: 1511269260905.jpg (736x990, 120K)

Basedbois will defend this

What are your top 3 favorite game franchises?

>OOT
>MM
>TP

Imagine still being so traumatised by BotW three years later that you continue to spiral into mental illness.

Attached: 1560984269128.webm (750x932, 1.41M)

series not games

>It's not truly a zelda game
Which ones are? I'd argue most of the critiques about BOTW can be said about any zelda game, and it would probably be even more apparent in those games.
The zelda series in general is pretty overrated, but I'd say only a handful of the games are truly worth praising as much as they are.

to add on top of that, WW would be my 3rd favorite game if it was actually complete, it its current state is only a reminder of what could've been
series peaked at TP tho, you cant prove me wrong

Remember when Ubisoft said they're change Ass Creed so you wouldn't win if you just countered every enemy attack?

Then that never happened

And then they said the same thing

Again and again and again

oh, fuck, idk i like so many game i really cant put up a top 3 but if i had to make one off the top of my head i'd say
>LOZ
>3D Marios
>Metroid

They did, now you have to level up to within 3 levels of the enemy before you can counter them to win.

>Ass Creed Origins: October 27, 2017
>Breath of the Wild: March 3, 2017

BUT IT'S GOT STAMINA FOR CLIMBING IT'S DIFFERENT
MOOOOOMMMM THEY'RE MAKING FUN OF BOTW AGAIN!!!

Open world games do either that or "do stupid things for experience points"
That's why I miss linear games.

There is more variety in those than all the dumb side objectives is ass creed

You can't speak out of both sides of your mouth

Okay image the next Metroid isnt a labyrinth game you know to love and instead is more like Halo. And it gets praised heavily. Now the Metroid you love is dead and all youre gonna get is Halo clones.

THAT is why I dislike Breath of the Wild. If you cant understand that Idk what else to tell you

The Switch has the power of a Playstation 2/Xbox

>THIS GAME HAS A CLIMBING MECHANIC, THAT GAME HAD A CLIMBING MECHANIC AND THAT'S BAD

>Which ones are?
basically any zelda before BOTW, even the DS games have a stronger zelda formula than BOTW
>I'd argue most of the critiques about BOTW can be said about any zelda game
not really, most of the issues with BOTW can be attributed to the open world meme, which has literally never been truly implemented in ANY LOZ
people like to say NES zelda is open world but in reality it isn't, you can access only 3 dungeons in any order from the beginning of the game, everything after that has a sequential progression like ALL zeldas do. BOTW is literally the only zelda where you can go to the final boss and skip the full game from the beginning without using speedrunning cheats like in OOT

>DUDE REALISM LMAO

>people like to say NES zelda is open world but in reality it isn't, you can access only 3 dungeons in any order from the beginning of the game, everything after that has a sequential progression like ALL zeldas do
That's not what makes it open world

difference... AC you couldn't just climb any surface it had to have handholds on it, so it was only designated vertical surfaces. BOTW you could climb almost any surface (insides of shrines and dungeons being the exceptions) as long as you had stamina.

>before botw and after link
Zelda and Link are nothing like the zelda franchise people imagine

>NES zelda isn't open world
Also how is having the option to skip to the final boss a bad thing? The zelda formula's only saving grace are the dungeons, but it always says it's an adventure game when the most fun parts are the puzzles. It's not that good of a formula. Linearity is a big problem especially with the likes of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Attached: 1559934258767.jpg (680x496, 43K)

Why talk shit?

Now post the webm showing AC climbing from Origins and Odyssey. Just like BOTW.

Attached: 1536142268575.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

an hypothetical halo like shooter metroid wouldn't get that much praise, i know its all hypothetical but still, Prime is kinda that but with the maze design and metroid formula and i still see people shitting on it because is not 2D
i get your point tho, and we're on the same page, i hate the direction the series is taking with BOTW but seething this hard 24/7 wont make aonuma drop his new OOT

>BoTW
>Walk up to vertical surface, do I have enough stamina/food to make it up? Is there's places to take breaks on the way? Is it raining? Should I exchange efficiency for speed by jumping?
>AC
>Walk up to vertical surface, Yup I can climb it, hold W tap jump

it's funny because assassin's creed is responsible for open world games being boring collectathons

>left: made for adults
>right: made for kids

>That's not what makes it open world
exactly what i meant, NES zelda is NOT an open world game but people like to say BOTW returns to the NES zelda freedom which is a blatant lie

see

both are made for teens and young adults.

No. just hold up until you have a sliver of stamina left and then jump, while in midair eat some stamina food. repeat. Like I said, very easily exploited.

Someone asked why BotW looked worse. I explained. It's not talking shit, it's simply fact that the Switch is incredibly underpowered compared to Playstation or Xbox today

>Cling onto sheer vertical surface with no visible grips
>Spam potions and meals to keep climbing
Wow what a revelation in gameplay

all BOTW "discussion" on this board boils down to
>OMG LOOOK BOTW IS JUST ANOTHER UBISOFT TIER OPEN WORLD GAME YOU FUCKING NINTENDO LOVING FAGGOTS WOULD HATE THIS GAME IF IT WAS MADE BY UBISOFT I AM A GENIUS FOR FIGURING THIS OUT
>WOOW IS Yea Forums STILL UPSET ABOUT BOTW? LOL LOL LOL HOW CAN YOU STILL BE UPSET BY ONE GAME FOR 2 YEARS NOW LOL STAY SEETHING
>OMG GERUDO LINK IS SOO HOT I WANNA FUCK HIS BOIPUSSY SOO BAD OMG NOW I'M GOING TO SPAM THIS THREAD WITH NOTHING BUT SHIT FAN ART UNTIL I'M BANNED
if just one of you retards came up with a single original thought just once i'd die from shock.

AC is objectively worse than even the shittiest of Zelda games, not including CDi ofcourse.

No shit all the threads are the same when you boil down each argument made for either side into it's purest form, you absolute fucking mongoloid retard.
You are the exact same as the people you make fun of for thinking they are smart for figuring out something simple.

Despite what Nintendies think botw has not innovated anything it’s just an amalgamation of mechanics from other non-nintendo games

Nah Zelda is for kids while Asscreed is made to appeal to teens.

>can lift boulders, statues, and larger than body weapons
>this is what broke the last straw
Video
Games

Nah, asscreed is for early teens and Zelda is for the 8-12 bracket.

NES zelda is NOT an open world game, again, only 3 dungeons can be accessed in any order from the beginning, after that you need to follow an order
>Also how is having the option to skip to the final boss a bad thing?
this has to be bait
it literally encourages shitters like you to not care about the actual game, no puzzle in any dungeon or shrine will ever stop you because you can just skip to the final boss and pretend that you acomplished something, not even GTA games allows you to do this
>The zelda formula's only saving grace are the dungeons
wrong. items, exploration, lore, story, characters and soundtracks is what also makes zelda great, almost all these factors are broken in BOTW
>Linearity is a big problem especially with the likes of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
>Linearity is a big problem
we're stuck is this never ending shitstorm of awful open world meme games because of people like you
you can totally have both linearity and freedom to explore and tackle the world, you dont need the open world meme destroying every possible franchise

basado

>top 3 franchises
>posts 3 games from the same franchise
figures you'd be retarded

>potions and meals
reminder that you need to have them in first place, and its not guaranteed to have them around every time you need to do climbing, what happens when it rains faggot?

and botw isn't a collectathon, ok lmao

why does Yea Forums defend chink ripoffs like botw so much

It's ok when Japan/Nintedo does it

Link can climb up flat surfaces whereas Altair actually has to grab ledges/cracks/bricks/etc to climb.

I don't really have an issue with BOTW's approach because the game is stylized anyway. It's not jarring in the same way it would be if Altair was doing it.

fuck AC. that said, BotW was mediocre

Yeah because food is so rare to find in BotW lmao

botw is literally the same shit. aonuma was even playing ubishit's "games" to get ideas for botw.

Attached: ubisoftbotw2.png (1000x679, 215K)

The implication without Zelda branding it's not going to be hailed as a 10/10 experience.

>what happens when it rains faggot?
You sit around and fucking wait? Do you really think that's an interesting gameplay mechanic and not just tedium?
Also don't pretend the potion and meal system is some in depth prep like MonHun or even the Witcher, you throw a bunch of the same item into a bowl to get the max buff and that's it.

>AC
>can only climb pre determined paths decided by devs but its more elegantly animated to make it seem deeper than it is
>BOTW
>climb whatever the hell you want
I rag on BOTW a lot but its climbing is a strong point

>what happens when it rains faggot?
then i would shitpost about how much the game sucked again because i had to wait for an essential game mechanic to be functional again, sometimes it was hard to come back because posting on Yea Forums was more fun than actually playing it

Zelda games are either 10+ or T, so, older children at best.
A younger child might try playing it, but probably won't figure out the puzzles and be able to beat it so the target audience has usually been at least 10-12.
I remember trying the original when I was 7, liked it, but had no understanding of it and couldn't beat it, didn't end up beating it until I was 12 and had beaten LttP and went back to try the original again knowing a few more things. My kid tried Skyward Sword at 6, got nowhere close to beating it, Was able to grasp BotW a lot better at 12. Seems roughly the same for other parents who have games, Kirby and Yoshi games good for 6 year olds, Mario for 8-10, Zelda usually doesn't make too much sense until around 12.

you still need the ingredients to prepare meals and shit, like i said, its not guaranteed you will have stamina meals and potions every time you are climbing
there's IS a way to climb shit when its raining, thanks for confirming you have never played the game

jesus christ this post

Right, but it's also a fact that the Switch is more powerful than a PS2/Xbox.

No stupid, non-linear progression =/= open world. That's like saying Witcher 3 isn't an open world game because you can't do every quest in any order

>just hold up until you have a sliver of stamina left and then jump, while in midair eat some stamina food. repeat. Like I said, very easily exploited.

Reminder that Breath of the Wild is the game of the decade and a sequel is coming
C O P E
O
P
E

Attached: 1560390331272.jpg (791x1024, 105K)

lol what? basically everything is climbable in AC games
>climb whatever the hell you want
lol no

>there's IS a way to climb shit when its raining, thanks for confirming you have never played the game
I have 50 some hours in the game, never finished it because it's not good
You mean jump climbing? Oh yeah, what a good fucking mechanic, you know the one that isn't actually a mechanic and pretty much an exploit?

A PS2 or OG Xbox can't run DOOM.

this would literally make it a 70/100 on metacritic alone.

Nintendo loves idea theft, they're like a child running down a well-trodden road carelessly picking leaves off the trees, not understanding why those leaves were the way they were.

>Nes zelda isn't open world
Okay, retard
>Shitters like you will not care about the actual game
They're basically allowing you to play/finish the game how you want. That's not a bad thing at all, you can just ignore it and do something else if you want. Some people like beating a game as fast as possible and other like exploring every nook and cranny of the world map. It give you options and I still don't see how that's bad other than you don't like it.
>Exploration, lore, characters
All of that is mediocre at best. The dev's don't give a fuck about their own timeline, so the lore is going to lack regardless. The characters are okay, only Midna really stood out to me. The exploration isn't fun because it's never like "hey I want to go to that place right now" like in botw. It's always "okay the game told me I need to go there to do this thing". It's ironic since the story feels like it drives the gameplay but the story itself is only decent.
>you can totally have both linearity and freedom to explore and tackle the world
That's the opposite of linearity, are you stupid? And an open world doesn't ruin franchises you brainlet, the only problem with those games is that the world you explore in isn't good, but that's not an inherent flaw in every open world game.

Yes, and?

ACI-III was pretty dope

I played and understood NES games when I was 5. Don't get me wrong, they were hard, but they still retain that difficulty today. My 6 yo nephew can play BotW and get through everything. There aren't any puzzles in that game anyway. The whole "complete everything however you want" methodology ensures that everything is doable for a little kid.

most games are still linear as fuck, even so-called """open-world""" games

>using stolen /pol/ memes for his creatively bankrupt open world action adventure game

it's like pottery

If the only assassin's creed game I played was 2 and some of revelations and everyone used to say 2 was the only good one worth playing, which assassin's creed game should I go back and play now?

It's not 10/10, I'd say that it's probably 8/10. I liked it but I don't give a shit about Zelda outside of maybe 5 games or so, I'm not biased towards "muh formula".

I agree with shrines, but holy shit korok seeds was just the same lame shit over and over
still way better than AC, I agree with that

It doesn't.

Shouldn't have crucified SS then.

>there weren't any puzzles in that game anyway
confirmed for never having played it.

Every shrine is a puzzle and so is every dungeon.

4 and nothing else

brotherhood is just a better version of 2

listen up you fuck, the argument that NES zelda is open world comes from open world apologists saying that the game is in fact open world because you can complete the first 3 dungeons in any order
Zelda NES is not an open world because huge chunks of the world are locked until you have progressed enough through dungeons

>retard doesnt mind his game is shit so long as he can play it in public

Attached: switch o.jpg (1430x874, 482K)

your tears are fuel for my journey

>Every shrine is a puzzle
>Use magnet here
>Win
Wowie kazowie what a puzzle
Truly stands up with the greats of the adventure genre

it does

horrible artstyle

>shit boring open-world collectathon game
vs
>shit boring open-world collectathon game but with prettier animations

>its not a mechanic is an exploit
thanks for moving the goalpost

not him, but I don't understand why someone would be mad because they don't like the game unless they're a dev competing against nintendo
what's the deal?

yeah, because scripted "use item x on spot y" adventure games are so much better than puzzles that actually involve physics and systems.

AC sucks, don't play it.

You dont know what moving goalposts is.

did brotherhood come out before revelations? if so then I got them mixed up and I played 2 and brotherhood

Find a different series.

korok seeds arent meant to all be collected, theres just that many so that everyone has around 300 when they finish the game, the cost of inventory upgrades gets so high that korok seeds arent worth it anymore after 3/4ths through the game

leaked shrine puzzle for the sequel

Attached: 41skqXGd1GL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 15K)

>why someone would be mad because they don't like the game
Is this your first day on Yea Forums?

none, if you haven't experienced them by now, just nevermind. After beating Unity I cannot and refuse to play the inferior versions ever again.

>There are mechanics like stamina and rain to make climbing deeper than AC
>Both of those are negligible at best and one is objectively bad
>W-WELL YOU CAN IGNORE THE ONE MECHANIC I BROUGHT UP TO MAKE THE GAMEPLAY DEEPER
You are fucking stupid as shit, my man

Brotherhood multiplayer was the bees knees. Then revelations dicked it all up

I did, I played 2 and the one that came out right after it back in like 2009, I was just wondering if I missed anything between then and now.

Sounds like I didn't, so that's good to know.

yeah it was the one before revelations

Why are you saying a bunch of random shit? Are you having a brain aneurysm?

yeah but that wasn't really my point

this, shrines are superior to so many things, and many are really creative too

>this irrelevant videogame did it first so now if any other videogame does it, it's derivative
Even though the argument makes no sense since climbing existed in LoZ way before AC was even a thing but regardless fuck this kind of dumb argument.

I see it all the time, but I try to ignore it because flamewars is too low for me. I'm just trying to understand, none of you have any financial stake in this, so why fight over it?

>so much better than puzzles that actually involve physics and systems.
Half Life 2 better be one of your favorite games of all time or I'm going to label you a flagrant fanboy that opinion means jack shit

>confirmed for never having played it
I 100% all the shrines and got around 100 or so seeds I believe. The problem here is what is considered a puzzle. Looking at the definition, it is a "problem designed to test ingenuity or knowledge". I would consider them simple puzzles if it wasn't for the fact that tons of random actions will solve them. You don't require certain knowledge and you don't actually have to put thought into what you are doing.

Now, to be fair, there may be a couple of simple puzzles in the game. For example, the ball tilt room could be a simple puzzle. Flipping it over to make it a lot easier did require a small amount of ingenuity but based on the fact that everyone was coming up with that solution extremely fast is proof that it isn't a difficult puzzle to figure out.

>left
>boring
>too cinematic
>you don't feel like you have control over the character
>long
>leads nowhere interesting because all map revolves around climbing boring buildings
>feels like a climbing sim

>right
>bland but to the point
>actually offers some challange
>climbing sections are not that long
>leads to an interesting area, especially since climbing is not the main gist of the game
>despite its simplicity, it feels like a game

At least they understand their main audience

great plateau was 9/10, but holy fucking shit was I disappointed when I realized the rest of the game barely did anything different

>Both of those are negligible
They really aren't retard. Rain still heavily limits your ability to climb things, but can at least be somewhat brute forced at the cost of extra stamina cost.

yes, half-life 2 is cool and so is botw

read >They're basically allowing you to play/finish the game how you want. That's not a bad thing at all
one thing is allowing you to actually complete the game in any way you want like in A Link Between World, something different is allowing players to skip 90% of the game because "we're open minded"
>The characters are okay, only Midna really stood out to me
yes because the priority was to make a huge open world
>That's the opposite of linearity
you can have both things, you don't have to kill linearity completely in order to give the player freedom to explore the world, Xenoblade games literally do this, you progress through the story to access new zones of the world you can explore, do sidequests and kill bosses, how ironic Monolith software helped with BOTW but it didn't bring anything good from xenoblade
>inb4 xenoblade=bad

>>actually offers some challange
lol
>>>leads to an interesting area, especially since climbing is not the main gist of the game
LOL
>Can't wait to find out what's on the top of this mount- oh it's another Korok Seed/Shrine.

Here's your typical Zelda puzzle before BotW

Attached: hmmmmm.jpg (425x570, 62K)

>climbing in BotW
>challenge
nigger what? just hold up and eat something if you are low on stam
>not that long
they drag on forever without climbing gear, it's super slow

just hold up until you have a sliver of stamina left and then jump, while in midair eat some stamina food. repeat. Like I said, very easily exploited.

yes im just copy pasting my response cause all you guys have stupid fucking reasoning

>right
>actually offers some challenge
>climbing is not the main gist of the game
I hope you aren't serious with either of those points...

The game can't be beat by normies if they did that. They want to make it as brain dead as possible. That's why combat is just holding one button and then pressing another one once in a while and climbing is just holding a button while moving the analog stick.

Brrr

So it's just tedium, you know, like I fucking initially said?
It adds fucking nothing to the game, either it stops your progress entirely or you can exploit the game to ignore the mechanic entirely.

he haven't played Link's Awakening
i bet you will struggle with the eagle tower

yeah definitely never played it before.

Attached: 1499206249488.webm (620x500, 1.84M)

Kek, this

>Clearly show how New Game has worse technology than Old Game
>Nintard pretends he can’t see this

>Make argument against game
>SEETHING
>yep never played it
>le sony
You people are fucking worthless
Also funny how in the gameplay video that you used to try and prove my point wrong, the initial """puzzle""" is literally just "use magnet = win"

holy BASED

Neither games punish you in any real manner for fucking up a climb. In AC if you fuck up and fall you either die and have to go through some easy scripted bullshit again or you fall and take damage that doesn't mean anything. In Zelda if you fall and take damage you just eat your magic food to instantly recover health, or you eat some magic food that gives you stamina. Neither are hard or challenging.

>just hold up until you have a sliver of stamina left and then jump, while in midair eat some stamina food. repeat. Like I said, very easily exploited.
yes, and?

>after playing too many open world platforming games i am now RETROACTIVELY TIRED OF AC

>yes, and?

Attached: e.jpg (430x340, 107K)

This is how simplistic your modern game is. This is also how rabid your average nintendo fan is. Having easy to obtain items and the weather is considered challenging, complex gameplay. Holy shit how low can a bar get before you just admit it's not even worth talking about.

They're catering to the smartphone market instead of leaning on an actually good and timeless aesthetic like Windwaker, and fad artstyless get old 100x faster than other forms of esthetic.

Everything about BOTW looks like it was made for smartphones and tablets, right down to the minimalist sound effects and music.

>something different is allowing players to skip 90% of the game because "we're open minded"
One major problem I had with the game. Every time I saw something that may take effort, I subverted that effort by climbing a nearby mountain and glided to where I needed to go. Especially some of those towers that looked like you might have some sort of fun at the bottom. When the hard mode released, I was going to go through the game without cheesing it, but then I found out the trial doesn't actually make your master sword permanent so I lost all desire to complete hard mode.

I think I liked the game at its core though so I might get a chance to play BotW 2 the right way, but they better make some improvements if they want me to buy it. Mainly REAL dungeons, tons more enemies, and at least have the master sword as a permanent weapon.

this is why botw is the best, I have high hopes for the sequel
I want even more complex puzzle shrines

Seething.

How many years of tears now?

Attached: 1555279844431m.jpg (1024x597, 126K)

It forces you to be aware of the environment when playing. Rain isn't just an aesthetic change, it has actual gameplay ramifications that you have to take into account. The world on BoTW isn't just a static landscape with textures laid over it to resemble a world, it acts and affects the game in a tangible way and makes it truly interactive.

>Exploit = intended solution to puzzle

Attached: 1556744744238.png (508x383, 14K)

>Every time I saw something that may take effort, I subverted that effort by climbing a nearby mountain

LMFAO the absolute state of BotW-Shitters, they can't even comprehend the hilarity of their own comments. Its like high-satire.

see
youre fucking pathetic

I have a PC and a switch(That I play docked cause im not a virgin)

I think the ONLY Thing that BotW does right is interactions and controls.

Rest is pretty meh, or could´ve been done better.

World Building is ass.
Dungeons are super ass.
Music is super ass.
Combat is pretty ass.
Some Mechanics (Durability for example) are super ass and could´ve been done way better or less annoying at least.
Zelda is Ass

>good and timeless aesthetic like Windwaker
As someone who loves aesthetic games like FFT, FFIX, and Chrono Cross, I couldn't hate your opinion any more than I do...

in his defense, FarCry are the only fun open world games ubisoft produces
AC can be fun when you're killing people but those parts are locked behind 10 trailing missions and a bunch of unskippable cut scenes

breath of the wild looks so much better and faster, what are you on about?

you don't even own a switch, nigger

a puzzle is a kind of challenge where the solution is solved through a logic process, vs a challenge that is solved through reaction timing or coordination like combat. Children can develop coordination and reflexes earlier than they usually develop logic thinking.

>But you can skip 90% of the game!
Yeah, like I said, how the fuck is that a bad thing? I didn't do that, but the option is there. ALBW does it well, but it's renting gimmick wears off. I will admit though, I really liked that game.
>Open world was your only priority
No, the other characters ranged form forgettable to straight up boring. Saria is just "nice" and probably has a crush on you just like most of the females in OOT. Majora's mask does characters well, but again, they're not necessarily original or even that creative. It's basically "oh shit the moon well I'm fucking sad now".
>You can have both linearity and openness
Those are opposites, retard.

there is challenge in that you want to find the most optimal route to climbing something to use the least amount of stamina possible. finding the sloped surfaces and footholds etc to reduce the amount of stamina you use rather than just holding up.

you can grind for stamina food, but you can only hold so many meals and it's not infinite, and you're always gonna want to save your food if you can help it because it's a time investment to grind for more of it.

JUST POST THE PICTURE HONEY

there is a physics puzzle exactly like this one in HL2 episode 2 where you use the gravity gun to launch yourself up. Imagine thinking this is anything new or impressive in 2017+2

Attached: 1561279813116.png (756x636, 96K)

except less tedious

your exploits are my emergent gameplay

Mario, Pokémon and Zelda :3

>The world on BoTW isn't just a static landscape with textures laid over it to resemble a world, it acts and affects the game in a tangible way and makes it truly interactive.
Can you be more blind to the actual game than this?
Is this peak fanboyism?

Games like banjo and kazooie are collectathons.

>open menu and eat
>challenge
how low can this bar get?
>grind
fucking LMAO, food is absolutely everywhere in this game. I was stacked all the fucking time when I played this game, climbing was just pure tedium

>BotW-Shitters
By "BotW-Shitters", are you implying I loved the game? I was hugely dissapointed by the game and thought the "climb anything" feature was a downfall. I am one of those that call the game a "great tech demo" but a bad game.

>hold so many meals and it's not infinite
Theres a fucking limit? Well I never found it. Unless they patched it in I had mountains of meals and it made the game dead fucking easy.
Out of stamina? pause and eat some food mid jump
low on heath? pause while airborne and eat a ton of apples. Lmae skyrim memes amiright?

Ahhhhh yes, I love when shitters have to stack every video game ever made to try and compete with BotW. LOL

I cannot believe someone is actually saying there's challenge in BotW climbing

>no argument
Just because you can refill stamina from the pause screen sheeny take away from the fact that the climbing opens the game world up on ways that no other game has and makes the game truly open world. The level of freedom and interactivity you have because of this genuinely makes every other open world game pale in comparison. You never knew how chained down you were until Breath of the Wild set you free.
>B-b-but you just hold up! A-a-a-and stamina potions
So what?

the design was to be able to use multiple creative methods to complete the puzzles. That's what makes the game worth playing.

Attached: 1498620617427.webm (852x480, 2.59M)

Holy fuck you shitter are stupid.

>If I just ignore all the counter arguments, nobody has any arguments!

I-it reminds me of Half-Life 2, t-that means it's bad...
the ABSOLUTE state

do you use a monitor or a television?

We are now in YEAR THREE of BotW Ass-Sting.

Can't COPE.
Won't COPE.

Attached: Ohmy.jpg (250x299, 8K)

>implying AC parkour and movement are good. I saw my dad playing Unity and it's all over the place, the character often climbs shit he shouldn't have to. Game is buggy too

Honestly, OP is proof that in game development, fun > all.

If a game is fun, it can have shittier graphics/programming. If it's not, well, it'd better make up for it in those other departments.

No one care about this cherry picked comparison because it's not immersion breaking for BotW.

95% of people playing the game aren't doing shit like this. They're just brute forcing their way through puzzles.

Right, which is why BotW doesn't have many puzzles and at best only has a few simple puzzles. Most of the "puzzles" in the game can be completed by random actions that don't require any thought process. Watching my nephew do the "puzzles" just reaffirmed that I wasn't being to harsh on the game and it in fact doesn't have very many puzzles.

>No argument

it's a good sign that botw is just made from the rinds of better games

>another game had puzzles using physics too
>that means your game with physics puzzles didn't have puzzles!

Except there is a 100% defined solution to every puzzle anyways, the "emergent gameplay" is objectively more complicated than the puzzles themselves, all it does is shorten the gameplay segment

never had fun with botw

year three of what now?
>cope
with?

>You can play how you like
I want to use this sword only cause it looks cool and I like it
>No you have to use ALL the weapons user, they break

No one said it's new, this board is legitimately retarded.

>food is absolutely everywhere in this game. I was stacked all the fucking time when I played this game
this just shows that you didn't play it. you don't find stamina food just laying around. you find materials and have to cook it into food before it can be used to restore stamina. and you can only cook 1 meal at a time so it definitely is a grind even if you have tons of materials. and you can only hold up to 60 meals total. you're also gonna want health food, attack boosting food (for fighting lynels), etc and not just fill up your entire meal menu with just stamina food.

why can't nintendo fanboys cope with the fact that nintendo took garry's mod, put some hyrule shit in it, and sold it as a new zelda game?

this is the Hateno shrine and the normal mini-game is fun too

you can't restore stamina just by eating raw ingredients. you have to make potions or food out of stamina-giving ingredients and you can only hold so many cooked meals.

>Keep making arguments
>lol no ur wrong
>lol no ur wrong
>lol no ur wrong
>BotW is not like other open world games, there are weather ramifications!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no point in continuing an argument with you, seeing as how you are too blinded by your fanboyism to even consider my side.

A very convenient opinion to have when fun is so impossible to objectively define that you can say just playing as link is more fun than any other game that will ever be made.

This is honestly what makes Zelda games so good. It isn't the lore or the graphics or any of that shit. It's the fact you can exploit the shit out of the mechanics they give you. It is the purest form of game out there. Very few games want you to step outside of the rulebox they place you in. Zelda, on the other hand, gives you a giant box of toys and tells you to have fun.

neither had I with botw

Sandboxing has downsides, because a more structured challenge has merits as well. Mechanically, physics fuckery like that feels like a glitch run, fun to watch in speedruns, but takes away all the magic of actually playing most of the game. What BotW did was move the "glitchy" stuff closer to the baseline experience.

Switch is in the living room. PC is in my office

>why can't I play the game of the decade on my playstation noooooooooooooo nintendies your games sucks

>Yeah, like I said, how the fuck is that a bad thing?
because zelda games arent about skipping the game on purpose? maybe?
>Open world was your only priority
it literally was, they spend most of the dev time working on the world and physics, they had to delay the game once because that exact reason ,then they slapped everything else on top of that with the other half of the game, have you actually played the game? the story is god awful, i know its never been great on any other games but this one is downright terrible because of how open the game is
>You can have both linearity and openness
learn how to read, i'm saying you can have BOTH, i'm not saying they're same thing

>u-u didn't play it
it's so predictable. green shrooms were always packed together so I had tons on me all the time, and I barely needed to use them because I could climb fine without most of the time
>for fighting lynels
holy shit get good, just fucking parry. easiest shit in the world, you only need enough weapons to kill it

aside from the feats of strength I think every single shrine has a logic puzzle to it with an intended solution using tools, and many of them have shortcuts if you utilize more complex but faster solutions.

The fact that you CAN do that and the game allows for it is what makes it noteworthy. The polar opposite to this would be a point and click adventure game where every puzzle has only one hyper specific solution that ignores the possibility of other, equally valid solutions that players could come to, but are invalidated because they aren't the specific train of logic the developers want the players to be on.

>really interesting way to complete the shrine
>never enticed to discover interesting ways to complete shrines since doing the shrine in any other 100 ways means you are out of the shrine withing minutes without any effort
Difficulty is better at breading ingenuity. That's all I'm asking for... Make some shit that is hard to either figure out, or at least hard to pull off.

>why can't I play the game of the decade on my playstation
but i can.

Attached: personafive.jpg (800x800, 144K)

you can hold onto a fuckton, I never discovered a limit

It isn't, koroks only serve to expand your inventory and you're not supposed to find them all. Just something you casually do in passing.

Learn what collectathon means you idiot

>>Keep making arguments
>>REEEEE YOU'RE JUST A FANBOY
Ok retard

the fuck even is this

>easiest shit in the world, you only need enough weapons to kill it
Jesus Christ, this, Lynels are a fucking joke and seeing people use them as arguments for challenge in BotW is laughable
>Dodge
>Flurry
>Repeat over and over
>Oops, all my weapons broke, guess I'll die
>What deep gameplay

he's fairly criticizing a game he clearly has played you fucking mong, stop strawmaning anyone who disagrees with you

>nintendo fanboys

Oh I see, you're a console warrior crybaby. I own every console this gen. And there isn't a single game on PS4, Xbox or PC which comes anywhere close to BotW. People - who aren't mentally ill console warrior crybabies - call it the Game Of The Generation for good reason. So sorry you can't handle it.

Attached: 1090049-1.jpg (2663x1877, 2.49M)

Lol you hold button and press forward to climb in AC dunno about botw

I shit I wonder whats at the top of that mountain

oh....a seed. yay. Im glad I wasted my time and resources on this

Based af. Haters REKT.

Fun isn't impossible to define. It's like saying a painting is beautiful. If you wanted to be pedantic, you could say, "It's what everyone agrees is beautiful/fun," but it doens't change the fact there is a quality about it that is undeniably there.

If you want a more concrete explanation, read what I wrote here: It's fun because the designers almost expect to you exploit the mechanics to solve problems. Instead of searching for the single exact way the designer wanted you to solve the problem, they gave you multiple ways to skin a cat. It allows players to explore and be clever in their solutions.

The problem with movie games, in general, is that they spend so much time trying to be realistic, they forget they also have to be games.

People who never played the game the post.

You have no fucking arguments, Nintendie.
All the bullshit you've spewed is "BotW does this thing other games do and should be praised for it because ???"
Rain adds nothing to the climbing except tedium disguised as "challenge"

>Oh I see, you're a console warrior crybaby.
no, i'm an idort. that's why i don't have a conniption whenever botw gets criticized.

Unironically yes. Half of what makes Botw so fun is because playing as link is just that much fun. Cause that's what ultimately makes a truly great game, when the simple act of controlling your character is loads of fun in and of itself

based and redpilled

I love BOTW because it gives people an opportunity to discuss and learn about the actually good games that Nintendo stole from and gave no credit towards, indeed plagiarized. The chemistry engines from immersive sims, the ubiquitous ubisoft towers, games with physics gimmicks, etc.

Attached: 1477593907480.jpg (500x500, 33K)

there were a few times where the intended way to do the shrine wasn't immediately apparent or the motion controls (I was on a Wii U) were just too awkward to really use right and I found an alternate way to reach the end.. then I discovered the more obvious intended way after and kind of felt proud that I figured out a different way to do it.

>Zelda games aren't aren't about skipping the game
So fucking what? Don't play the game like that you retard.
>wtf why is the dev team working on the gameplay instead of my gay timeline story wah!!!
This is literally (You)
>I am saying you can have both
Like I said, you can't because they're inherently opposite of one another. You can have game lean one way or the other, but that's it.

It's no different from showing goofass speedrunning glitch abusing. You're just wanking over how deep the game is when no one actually did it and anyone talking about it only knows about it because they watched someone else play the game on youtube.

(You)

compared to AC, Zelda does offer challenge because you cant climb and hold forever.
That alone is a challenge compared to bamham entry #001

LMFAO can you hear yourself? Just stop, I can't take the cringe.

Attached: Cluelesskiddies.png (939x576, 172K)

You're right, I have no arguments if you simply ignore my arguments. You on the other hand don't even have an argument to ignore.

>every single shrine has a logic puzzle
No, they have problems, not puzzles. A problem is something that requires a solution. It isn't something you are inherently intended to pass or fail at. Being hungry is a problem with the solution of eating food. A puzzle is a more complex problem where you are intended to fail thus requiring you to figure out the solution. The shrines are usually too strait forward with multiple solutions meaning they are just problems requiring a solution, and not actual puzzles.

Again, there might be a select few that would be puzzle tier, even if simple puzzles, but to say they are all puzzles is just wrong...

He's right though

>because zelda games arent about skipping the game on purpose? maybe?
literally every Zelda game is popular today still because of exploits on how to do just that
OoT especially.

so games are like academic papers now? you have to document all your sources or else it's plagiarism?

>ubishit
no thanks bro, i think i'll stick with botw

So people who never played the game and people who 100% the game both know how easy the game is? That is pretty bad user...

>One major problem I had with the game. Every time I saw something that may take effort, I subverted that effort by climbing a nearby mountain and glided to where I needed to go. Especially some of those towers that looked like you might have some sort of fun at the bottom
this right here is what happens when you favor open world over actual level design, and YES, if you made a fucking obstacle for players to overcome you should also make sure every players goes through it and they don't exploit the open world to find an easy path
>but muh accessibility!
the zelda formula as it is has never been about making it easy for players, puzzles are literally one of the biggest factors of the formula, this is what also inspired the creation of metroid on the NES
> but they better make some improvements if they want me to buy it. Mainly REAL dungeons, tons more enemies, and at least have the master sword as a permanent weapon
here's one user that gets whats wrong with BOTW
also i've given up at this point, BOTW will be just that, BOTW2, dont expect the formula to ever come back

stage 1 of coping is bargaining.

Attached: 1542528137234.jpg (685x564, 52K)

>Rain is tedious and adds nothing to the game
>But it does though
>I won't give an actual explanation to why it does, so let me explain to you how to completely ignore said mechanic and that makes it better because ???.
You know, the sign of a truly good mechanic, frustration when it's in and not even thinking about it when it's gone.

Don't bring your speedrunning delusions as the default. People like to play those games, autists like to break them.

>compared to
yeah, but that wasn't the point you illiterate retard. read again, the poster said that it offers some challenge in general
AC is hot garbage and I'm not defending it

>complete 8 shrines
>now enough stamina to complete 90% of the shit in the game without having to get creative
Yeah, no... Don't try and make your easy as fuck game look hard by comparing it with another easy as fuck game that just might happen to be a bit easier.

>green shrooms
YOU
DIDN'T
PLAY
BOTW
try to eat a green shroom in the game and see what happens. it doesn't recover your stamina until you cook it. cooking only yields 1 meal at a time. it's a grind. if you're constantly eating stamina food in order to avert the challenge of climbing, you're also having to constantly stop at a cooking pot for minutes at a time to cook more stamina food from those green mushrooms.
OR you could actually engage in the challenge of climbing without eating stamina food by making use of slopes and footholds. you know you CAN do that, right? just because the game has a cheat code in the form of stamina food to remove the challenge of climbing, doesn't mean you HAVE to make use of that. you have to GO OUT OF YOUR WAY to gain access to stamina food, you can't just pick up mushrooms along the way and eat them to restore stamina.
do you see now why people think you didn't play BotW? either that or you're being purposefully obtuse in order to make it look like you've won the argument without having to engage with valid opposing viewpoints.

You really love sucking that fat Ubisoft cock don't you. Its easy: botw=fun AC=boring trash that doesnt do anything well other than graphics because of literal artist slavedriving

Except it's not a glitch. It's using the mechanics as they were intended to operate to produce results that were not intended, and the game accepts that input as a valid option

You are right.

Nintendo-fags think this is funny.

BotW is harder than most AAA games these days.

jesus dude you're fucking dense

>Base you entire post on you ignoring the implication of what he did with the green mushrooms after he got them
>lol u didn't play it

>95% of people playing the game aren't doing shit like this. They're just brute forcing their way through the stars.
Like the other user said, the fact you have the option to do so is better than other zelda games where you have to get a fucking hookshot or whatever to beat a dungeon puzzle and then the boss. This applies with M64's controls as well.

Attached: Owless.gif (320x180, 3.01M)

I know you don't eat them directly, what's your fucking point? no shit you have to cook them, retard
>spend a minute making 3-4 meals
>grind
that's not a grind, that barely a chore. do this every 5 hours of gameplay and you're good to go
>u didn't play the game
whatever you say dude, keep struggling with the lynels

>Gee I wonder whats at the top of that mountain?
Corrupted Dragon
Shrines
Sledding resorts, bowling
ancient runes
etc.

The stuff cool stuff is there, the map doesn't need to have something in every little spot, that would ruin the concept of exploration.

>So fucking what? Don't play the game like that you retard.
i don't want the series to become a fucking cake walk any normal fag can pick up and pretend they're playing GTA wild edition
>wtf why is the dev team working on the gameplay instead of my gay timeline story wah!!!
>why the fuck you want level design on a fucking zelda game, are you out of your mind?
giving the game a linear structure wont destroy your beautiful open world, i literally gave you an example with xenoblade, XCX for example on Wii U it's a huge example of how open world games can be done right

actual retard

By that logic the entire world is indebted to 3D vector graphics because they came first, except that that never happened because it's fucking retarded just like your canned slogans made by a corporate exec who doesn't actually make anything that goes into the game.

>World Building is ass.
Yeah, the Zelda with the absolute best world building has ass world building.
You people are so cringe at this point it's unbelievable.

Attached: 1452351536224.jpg (1917x1049, 720K)

>BotW is hard

Attached: cat_eating_its_own_tail.jpg (1024x708, 250K)

no it isn't

Ac1 is a great game. They lost the plot in two when they just added a bloat to the game instead of focusing on you being an assassin and take out targets by gather info.

>Like the other user said, the fact you have the option to do so
It's in the same vein as technically having the option of using speedrunning tactics during a normal playthrough of something like OoT, normal people aren't going to do it and it's sure as shit not the intended way to complete it.

hardER*
I know reading is very difficult for you but at least try.
Yes it is.

are you implying that the 100% of people who played the game back in the 90's were looking for retarded exploits in how to break the game and skip the whole thing?
OOT is not designed to be skipped, you have to complete the game in a sequence, BOTW on the other hand allows you to skip the game BY DEFAULT, no exploits or trany speed runners required

>ignore the entire point that was made about cooking being a chore that you have to go out of your way to do in order to break the challenge of climbing while preserving stamina
>haha wow u so dumb just eat food bro haha
why do they let toddlers on Yea Forums now?

no, it really isn't. it's piss easy, just as the rest of them

>Ass Creed
>over BotW
ugh, please, this is a level of contrarian shitposting I just can't tolerate. As limited as the enemy variety in BotW is, it's still way better than OG Ass Creed.

In fact, the first Ass Creed was literally a single mission loop of 4 minimissions repeated until the end of the game with pointless amounts of horse riding through a shitty, empty hub area to pad it out.

ok bro

you guys are fucking retarded i'm out of here

The sad thing about BotW is that I feel at its core is somewhere from 8/10 to 10/10, but brought down to a 5/10 for things that are EASY as fuck to fix. For most 5/10 games, I wouldn't even begin to fathom how to turn it into a 10/10 game, yet for BotW it is just so fucking obvious. Literally the only reason I'm cautiously optimistic about BotW2. I'm just hoping shit like no dungeons was a problem with money/time and not because they are literally too stupid to realize that not having them would be a problem.

Pretty much a similar issue I have with Monster Hunter World.

making several OP meals takes less than a minute dude, now it's you that didn't play the game

You do realize the point of the gif wasn't to say "AC BETTER THAN BOTW DURRR", that it was about the climbing animation?

Basing a definition on your subjective opinion of what is challenging or not is not how definitions or the rest of the world works, autist.

>All fps games are plagiarizing Doom
>all platformers are plagiarizing donkey kong
>All RPGs are plagiarizing ultima

let's say it isn't. where is BotW challenging where other AAA games aren't?

Just DONT COOK then if you want more challenge in the game. why is that such a foreign concept to you? has the Zelda fanbase really been stuck in their ways so much that they can no longer comprehend the concept of making their own choices in a video game?

>press Y to win combat
>can pause and eat anything to heal yourself, no cooloff or limitation on how much you can eat, just spam any food to stay alive
>can literally skip the full game if you're too much of a brainlet to complete shrines
all my keks

Not him but I like the way BOTW runs at the player's pace, it really makes it feel like how an open world should unlike how some other companies Rockstar design their open worlds in games.

>can avoid 99% of fights, get to the "bosses" and slash away blindly, pausing the menu if need be for free apple healing
>on the off chance you die, you are set back 10 seconds from where you previously were due to an overly aggressive auto-save
>difficult
The state of Yea Forums...

>Take BotW mechanics
>Plop it down in a more linear game with actual thought put into level design, dungeons, player progression, etc.
10/10 game instantly, and I honestly believe that as someone who doesn't enjoy Zelda games, BotW as it stands is just an above average open world tech demo, 6/10

Genshin Impact

BotW is a great game, and I'm looking forward to the sequel, because they can improve the flaws of the first game

Yes 100% of kids were looking for cheats that's what they always do.

>Nintendo (the makers of mario 64) is plagiarizing games with physics
holy shit user you're retarded

Just imagine not enjoying 1-Brotherhood. I pity you zoomers, shit was pretty fun before the series got raped to death by Ubi's greed.

>dude just ignore this cmechanic if you want to make climbing more tedious
no thanks lmao

No, there really isn't. AC stopped with the collectables hell after Unity in 2014. Breathe of the wild is one of Nintendos most premier games and has extremely dated game design

Are you implying Mario 64 has any sort of physics?

Oh, I'm sorry. I don't actually give a shit about graphics in 2019, my mistake, I thought there was some attempt at a good point trying to be made.

>Take BotW mechanics
Flurry attacks beg to differ

>the first Ass Creed was literally a single mission loop of 4 minimissions repeated until the end of the game with pointless amounts of horse riding through a shitty, empty hub area to pad it out.

same could be said of BOTW but replace the mini missions with 4 second core gameplay loops.

>Breathe of the wild is one of Nintendos most premier games and has extremely dated game design
>extremely dated game design

L O L

>t. retard with zero creativity or problem solving skills

>Animation = graphics

Attached: 1517526554351.png (812x760, 112K)

SM64 doesn't have any physics.

not him but
>animations
>graphics
how ignorant are you?

Dishonored 2
And the fun about BOTW is that it ISN'T linear

Snoygers are never gonna live the greatness of BotWs revolutionary game design down huh?
10/10 game of the decade tick tock

There is no point in learning an exploit more complex than the actual Shrine if the intended solution is so easy a fucking toddler can figure it out

visuals*
Being pedantic doesn't make you correct btw.

user, the point I was making is that the way the controls are designed make movement in M64 fun and able to approach levels with different movements. I wasn't implying that speed run tactics make Botw a good game, I was implying that the approach you could take can. Mastering the mechanics can allow you to do shot like that, that's what I like. Who gives a fuck if that's "not what they intended"? The Botw one was probably less a glitch and definitely intended in the sense that you can be launched anywhere in the shrine.

>And the fun about BOTW is that it ISN'T linear
This, I don't think mainline Zeldas will ever go back to the old formula and for good reason, it actually feels like an adventure now rather than a railroad ride.

Attached: 8787a1767999ac48390519c2d73193c4.jpg (473x473, 31K)

that's not being pedantic at all, those are very different things. and yes, visuals are important

They'll fix it in the sequel!

>he spent 60 dollars to be a beta tester

Attached: 1514726933917.png (1879x1384, 571K)

>BotW is harder than most AAA games these days.
pic related
>b-but muh RNG
get good, unironically. It wasn't that hard to properly use resources that game provides you with.
Also this

Attached: 1497290902171730739.jpg (1600x900, 482K)

They did that, most if not all enemies have different attacks, many which can be blocked and have to be dodged.

>Botw shitters are too brainlet for open ended games
Pottery

>collect seed
>climb tower
Groundbreaking stuff, basedboy

Attached: a84.jpg (851x674, 133K)

Only zoomers can enjoy AC.
1 was shit, fuck you
2 was the best and Brotherhood was ok
3 was so shit it killed the series for me
And 2 while the best was still a 7/10 game.

it's still a fucking themepark though. Tight level design will always be better than glorified tech demos with no substance or identity.

>this fucking retard is ignoring shrines and never upgraded his stamina so has to abuse food like a retard
>top teir stamina is literally 3 entire circles and you can climb nearly anything without a break

Attached: 1472400468181.png (753x706, 869K)

Rain still heavily limits your ability to climb things, but can at least be somewhat brute forced at the cost of extra stamina cost. It forces you to be aware of the environment when playing. Rain isn't just an aesthetic change, it has actual gameplay ramifications that you have to take into account. The world on BoTW isn't just a static landscape with textures laid over it to resemble a world, it acts and affects the game in a tangible way and makes it truly interactive.
Now do you have any argument that isn't 'i don't like it'?

Do the climbing animations in Ass Creed 1 matter in relation to BotW?

Every platformer has physics, Yea Forums has really gone to shit.

we will never have good zeldas ever again thanks to zoomers

>Here is 5 tools and a giant empty sandbox, fuck you
Truly the Wolfenstein 3D of Open World gameplay

>make climbing more tedious
why shouldn't climbing be tedious? it's fucking climbing. you shouldn't be able to just scale a 50ft wall simply by holding up. if you want to activate baby mode and play that way, that's fine. I'm just saying the option exists to make climbing more of a challenge, and that option is part of the game design and not something that shouldn't count just because another option exists.

>copy Zelda 1
>wtf this isn't Zelda
>I want more flat land 3D metroids
lol

you don't need a brain to play open world games.

I'm 31 and own every Zelda game.

I agree that the dungeons were shit, but BOTW had peak overworld.

>left boring realism holding you to what can feasibly be climbed
>right unrealistic but fun as you can anything anywhere and are only hindered by stamina management

well in order to get to a lot of those shrines in the first place your gonna have to do a lot of climbing. no shit you're gonna have broken stats when you've already 100% finished the game.

cope

to me? yes. BotW is a better game imo, but good animations can make a game more entertaining visually. see metal slug, that shit looks amazing and boosts the enjoyment like crazy

Attached: 2IBbvYv.gif (320x320, 152K)

metroid was literally created with the idea of making NES zelda a platformer, 3D metroid is literally the description of zelda
also read

>collect seed

Brainlets like yourself can't understand game design. Koroks work so much better than similar ideas in other open world games.

Take Spider-Man on PS4 for example, which I'm currently playing. You have Peter's backpacks to find, essentially this game's idea of the korok content - a little easter egg hunt which provides you with credit to updgrade your stats and shit.

As is typical with most open world games, finding these backpacks is a chore. It involves nothing. They are lit up on your map and you just push your character there and press a button when you get there. That's it. Its NOTHING.

Nintendo, on the otherhand, understand game design far better than most. They gamify the concept. You aren't told where the koroks are. *YOU* find them all on your own. They aren't lit up on the map. Finding them is usually a subtle psychological test because your brain is programmed to question things which seem odd or out of place. So natural curiosity will pull you towards them
- your focus is always on the visible world in front of you rather than constantly looking at your minimap - and when you get there will find some puzzle to do. Simple as fuck puzzles yes, but at least its SOMETHING rather than NOTHING.

Straight away Nintendo takes this tired and loathsome open world trope and turns it on its head, makes it engaging and rewarding and ultimately tied to the core gameplay concept - exploration.

Its subtle shit like this which puts Nintendo head and shoulders above every other developer on the planet - an understanding of what makes video games video *GAMES*. And its the kind difference that uneducated plebs lie you cannot wrap their heads around because they don't understand the craft of designing games.

Keep shitting all you want. But remember that you have to wake up every day in a world where BotW is considered an absolute masterpiece in game design and one the greatest games of all time. You must be constantly BAFFLED.

Attached: 1551730250177.jpg (534x712, 56K)

I bet you wife fucks black guys

Don't bitch about linearity from Skyward Sword then bitch the game is too open ended. His argument wasn't the world was boring but it wasn't linear enough. Way to be a dumbass.
Not in the sense that only high iq people will understand, but in the sense he is a retard.

>Rain still heavily limits your ability to climb things, but can at least be somewhat brute forced at the cost of extra stamina cost.
So this is exactly what I said, a tedious mechanic in which the game would lose nothing if it is removed and it is shown by the fact you can just ignore it with an exploit looping back around to the "just spam food" argument
>Rain isn't just an aesthetic change, it has actual gameplay ramifications that you have to take into account.
Except you don't as stated by you in your argument when you say "you can just ignore it by jump climbing"
>The world on BoTW isn't just a static landscape with textures laid over it to resemble a world, it acts and affects the game in a tangible way and makes it truly interactive.
This has nothing to do with the argument and is just you suckling the taint of the game for something the majority of open world games do

no you're not

I like both.

jeez, the amount of cope in your post is real

BOTW will cause snoy seething for years to come

>reddit spacing

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 80K)

holy fucking based

The music and dungeon design are both top notch and sophisticated. I don't expect a brainlet like you to understand, though. Go back to God of Onions and other ""cinematic experiences"" and leave the real games to people who enjoy them.

remember the last time japenese devs were interested in emulating western game styles? DmC and FF15 happened

in a vacuum BOTW has a serviceable overworld but there are so many actually good open world games that 'good enough' isn't good enough to compete. RDR2 for example has a tremendous open world in the hardest to emulate setting you can have in a video game and even then it's pretty meh.

>Don't bitch about linearity from Skyward Sword then bitch the game is too open ended.
What does this even mean? Who the fuck brought up SS?
Also don't try and tell me what the fucking argument means, I made it you stupid fuck

>The Botw one was probably less a glitch and definitely intended in the sense that you can be launched anywhere in the shrine.
Exactly, the systems and mechanics were designed so that they work like that, but the itself is not asking you to specifically do that to complete it. It accepts that input as a valid option though, since it only cares if you reach the end. Again, the mechanics are working as intended to produce unintended results

>brainlet

>holding up and taking breaks at small cliffs
>challenge
jesus christ you're shit at vidya

Nice non-argument to avoid having to deal with how badly he BTFO’d you right there

>so many actually good open world games
Name some. Not memeing, I'm genuinely curious what you consider a good open world game if BOTW only strikes you as "serviceable".

Do you not get why Botw was made as a sandbox game, mostly the backlash form SS. Then the entire fanbase does a 180 and bitches that the game is too open ended like the guy I replied to.

Based af

AC was more fun than botw at least.

WE ARE ALMOST GOING ON FOUR YEARS OF Yea ForumsIRGIN BUTTHURT TOWARDS BOTW THIS IS AMAZING. Not only do these refugees recycle the same reaction faces and repost the same feels guys and sad frogs over and over and over again for years, they also cannot stop being mad!

Attached: minutes since v last cried about BOTW.jpg (700x913, 111K)

>only need half the shrines completed to completely blow out your stamina
>Can get 2 stamina wheels which will take you almost everywhere in just 40 shrines
>tons of foods you can make will pre-load you with a ton of extra hearts so you dont even need to dump points into health stats unless you really wanna unlock the master sword which isnt even required

Sure buddy, 100%

Attached: 10251040.png (497x732, 418K)

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha
Like holy fuck aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhshahahshahahaha

>The music and dungeon design are both top notch and sophisticated
literally animal crossing composer and 4 dungeons that looks all the same, kys

RDR2's open world is generic to hell and back. It's pretty but stale. Oh look, another poker minigame. Another bear. Another store. Another mission where you can't break from the scripting or everything falls apart. Wee, how exciting.

BOTW's world is inherently better because it's gameplay focused instead of graphics focused.

Feels good knowing the game of the decade and best Zelda game; The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is getting a sequel.
botwCHADS rise up.
Based

Attached: 1561121741105.jpg (918x804, 110K)

>he thinks IK climbing animations are impressive
It was exactly once the first time a game did it, not so much every time after that.
Also every time you look at AC style walls you can already tell exactly where all the grab points are and from a gameplay perspective both of these are literally just "hold direction to move"

Literally nobody brought up SS at all, I still don't understand what this has to do with the game?
One extreme is good because the other extreme was frowned upon?
Also, like I just said, the guy you replied to is me, and I said I wasn't even a fan of LoZ

you've been posting for like two hours now my dude

>Unintended results
In what sense? It's not a glitch, the person just mastered that mechanic and used it to their advantage.
It's like in Zelda 1 where you could get to the final boss without a sword. Sure, they intended for you to get the 3 swords, but if you could beat it without them then you're just using your mastery for a different experience. In this case it's to make the game easier and quicker.

I know you're retarded, you can stop that.

FOUR FUCKING YEARS OF YOUR TEARS

Attached: IP no 108.jpg (470x44, 7K)

>le animal crossing composer xD
youtube.com/watch?v=tl-6K3zrcr0

Watch this 4 part series on BOTW's music. This guy is a professionally trained musician and he gushes about the quality of BOTW's OST. I don't give a shit what some NEET retard on Yea Forums thinks about a soundtrack that's clearly more sophisticated than he can appreciate.

And the divine beasts do not look the same. They're in entirely different environments and have different design themes. Did you even play the game?

No, what i am saying is that you can't necessarily say more linearity makes a game better because you'll eventually everyone will get back to "muh zelduh formula" like they did with SS and Botw.

This is also why the 900 seeds lmao argument doesn’t hold water, because the game never directly spells out where the seeds are (at best there’s an optional mask, even then it only gives vague hints), so Nintendo was smart enough to put so many seeds when you only need about 350 to max out Link’s inventory. It’s not really supposed to be something you go out of your way to upgrade your power level, just something that happens naturally as you explore.

but I liked BotW, played it for the first time a few weeks ago
what are you implying with that image?

>and have different design themes
>Blue and beige rock
>Blue and beige rock
>Blue and beige rock
>Don't forget blue and beige rock
Are you confusing puzzles with art design?

Shrines are fun and so is stumbling over Koroks and everything, including movement and beating the game has creative solutions if you look for them.
Shitters here prefer witcher 3 quests where the minimap tells them everything and makes them feel like they did anything.

What I'm trying to say is, BotW is the gothic 2 of adventure games.

Attached: ccf72483261af8ef326deb58ace2e773.jpg (348x1000, 82K)

*you'll see

Speaking of the music, I love the subtle SOS in each of the Divine Beasts themes

They're both themepark worlds but one of them is more of a ponderous and boring tech demo than the other and it's not RDR2. Gameplay doesn't mean anything if the gameplay isn't engaging or interesting.

The world building alone puts BotW miles above its competition.

is climbing fun?

Nobody gives a shit what the faggot retards on this board think. That's the reason why BOTW has a 97 and GOTY and they're still seething all this time later.

I don't mean FF13 levels of linearity, I mean linear level design like Hyrule Castle, tons of solutions and ways around the area, but still ultimately a linear segment, it obviously had loads more thought put into it than 98% of the rest of the overworld.

What?

this whole fucking post is defending koroks shit of all the other good things BOTW does right
at least fucking focus on the shrines and all the other cool shit you can actually find in the world like the labyrinths and eventide island, korok challenges are the LESS rewarding time wasters you can do in the game, you do them at the beginning to get enough slots for weapons and shit and you completely stop doing them after you have enough slots, there are 900 of them and you get rewarded with a literal golden piece of shit if you care in getting them all
holy shit user you're a monumental faggot

I'm glad BOTW2 is happening so the world will finally be more fleshed out and I won't have to look at blue neon anymore

Attached: comfy2.png (196x197, 34K)

>I won't have to look at blue neon anymore
Are you okay?

At the start or near it of all the Divine Beast themes you can hear a Morse code asking to Save Their Souls

Did people not know this?

Attached: 1557785146693.png (416x455, 127K)

he's btfoing people complaining about korok seeds he needs not talk about anything else
haters on suicide watch

>I don't have to do this thing, but I will still cry about it
Yep, a fucking Yea Forumsirgin.

Did you even pay attention to the environments that the puzzles are in? One is in the air, one is on a lake, one in a volcano, etc.

This youtu.be/B1FJp9WISGQ

you're getting SO mad over someone else's opinion else's completely non-confrontational opinion lmao this is cringe

And yet once you're inside, they play out exactly the same.

You're just asking for better dungeons. That's a totally valid statement, but the rest of Botw makes up for it.

>Watch this 4 part series on BOTW's music.
stop shilling your shit channel here
>sophisticated
you cant sound more pretentious than this,
4 notes of piano played every once in a while is not Less=More kind of thing, its a lazy ass concept, BOTW has close to NO memorable sound pieces, they all sound bland and uninspiring compared to OST from other zelda games

Observe how the Zeldautist falls back on rhetoric and bromides and appeals to authority when he cannot rationally justify his own claims, it's no leap in logic to assume that there is a strong element of projection when they call their opponents "soiboys"

Attached: 1560565076006.gif (498x367, 257K)

>riding a horse and autoaim shooting is engaging
>slow, animation-centric actions are engaging
>copy-pasted locations are engaging

yikes

And that affects the actual design of the Divine Beast how? This is like looking outside window in an office complex in a game and saying "wow the inside of here is so varied, look at the skybox!"

just checked on youtube
holy fucking SOUL just when I thought this game couldn't get any better

Attached: 1449659509512.gif (500x364, 983K)

korok seeds are shit, the game would be better without them

>sonyfags still SEETHING two years later, so hard they shill a Chinese gacha game
How come botw broke them so hard?
How many sonyfags suicides has this game caused?

>He was so triggered by my post he had to reply to me

Attached: smug (4).jpg (225x225, 7K)

cope

One of them is focused on moving an elephant's trunk, one is on rotating the entire dungeon, one is on rotating a cylinder to affect puzzles. The only thing they share in common is the overall design of activating the nodes and a similar aesthetic, but traversal and puzzles and theming is completely different.

>you can just ignore it with an exploit looping back around to the "just spam food" argument
No you can't, you still have to time your jumps properly to gain any height and it cost a lot more stamina for less gain. That's why I said you could SOMEWHAT brute force it. It's still inefficient and cumbersome, even if you chug potions the whole way.

>This has nothing to do with the argument and is just you suckling the taint of the game for something the majority of open world games do
It has everything to do with what is adds to the game. The core design philosophy of the game is interactivity and reality. Making every element of the world react and affect the players input in a logical way, adding a load of depth and complexity to the game's world

I guess, but also a scaled down world with more thought put into it's design, like more densely packed content on the overworld and a more linear push in a direction, like the canyon leading to Zora's domain or the Great Plateau

guardians, all shrines and beasts have the same retarded blue neon light aesthetic, even the runes in the sheikah slate

>The game would be better by taking away gameplay
Hold the fuck up, is this a snoyfag?

I love the amount of detail that has gone into this game, I maybe teared up a bit when I first heard Vah Medohs theme as it was too obvious not to hear it

Attached: 1558755915014.jpg (500x359, 39K)

Lad, did you miss the giant neon blue hand sealing away Ganon in the trailer?

black flag is better than zelda

Attached: FACT.jpg (2524x1419, 232K)

>left - climbing on predetermined ledge points
>right - free climbing along any walled surface

What are you trying to prove?

Stop seething and listen to yourself. You're fuming because the soundtrack is too musically complex for you to appreciate. It's fine, dude. You can have your opinion. But just because the game goes for a more somber mood and minimalistic sound it doesn't mean it's lazy or bad. The guy I linked to explains why it's good and he has more classical composition training than you do.

>us versus them mentality

why does nintendo always need an enemy? You do realize most people don't give a shit about your game. It only sold half as much as Witcher 3, and half as much as RDR2. Nobody gives a shit about your masterpiece because nobody is playing it anymore.

>4 notes of piano played every once in a while
You want to know how I know you haven't even watched Let's Plays of BOTW, let alone played the game?

>similar aesthetic
And that's the big fucking problem.
Also, theming? What the fuck is theming?

>why does nintendo always need an enemy
Why do you always want to be that enemy?
>Hurr it only sold half of what a game on now four plus platforms sold!

Attached: little think.jpg (640x775, 67K)

the blue neon of the shrines/towers I mean
they seem to be completely gone in the teaser so I imagine the tech focus in general is gone too

>That's why I said you could SOMEWHAT brute force it. It's still inefficient and cumbersome,
So it's just more tedium, like the rain itself putting up an artificial wall for a limited amount of time, it doesn't make it more challenging, it makes it straight up impossible unless you outright exploit the game
I don't understand why you are defending the temporary removal of one of the mechanics the game based itself on, it doesn't add challenge, at best it makes the player take a more tedious roundabout route or at worst, like I said, artificially walls their progress for a limited amount of time.

Then why are there literally dozens of threads about it a day?
Why else are there two threads up right now trying to shit on it?
Those two games sold amazingly, using your logic they sold like shit because mine craft and tetris are the only games people actually played.

GOTY. Cope harder Yea Forums

>worldbuilding
>MUH LORE MUH RACES

lore is honestly the gayest fucking thing in games lately, i could not care less about fictional lives of fictional things because im not a youtube writing fanfiction in his spare time.

this is exactly why they strawman you and think Yea Forums is nintendo gaff, if i criticize the game i played i get called a snoyfag inmediately
>you need to be musically educated to understand the complexity of this OST
its not that complex you fucking moron, the OST in BOTW is one of the lowest point of the series, even SS has more memorable songs
stop telling me what to think about the game i played, i own both Wii U and Switch versions

The thing I enjoyed most is the world building, just checking out the Gerudo husband school and talking to the people there, it has so much lore and detail. I always loved how creative Zelda worlds are but previously you got exposition and then read about most of the lore in an artbook but BotW completely changed that, you get absolutely bombarded with knowledge of the world and its inhabitants.(If you want to) It has so many details and references and dialogues I love it so much.

Attached: 6be639b42c6433b3a2ed98c91e269678.png (2077x2238, 2.08M)

Anyone got tips for the Mogg Latan Shrine with the swinging platforms, I can barely even jump from the first to the second without falling to my death every time

Attached: 1490544659696.png (1461x800, 1.25M)

What's your definition of engaging and interesting? Cause to me, an open world game that focuses on the systems and mechanics that enhance your interaction with the WORLD is about as engaging and interesting as you can get. There's pretty much no excuse why everyone open world game doesn't do even half the things botw does.

>so mad he replies to the wrong posts
You should really take a break

>about the game i played, i own both Wii U and Switch versions
LET ME TELL YOU HOW I KNOW YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN FOOTAGE OF THE GAMES LET ALONE PLAYED THEM

Attached: Doubt (2).png (429x269, 44K)

>it doesn't make it more challenging, it makes it straight up impossible
absolutely wrong. give me any high elevation location in BotW's world and I'll tell you how it's totally possible to get there in the rain without climbing just by navigating the world's topography on foot.
every single relevant area not counting things that just have a korok or treasure) has ways to get to it without climbing. even the Gerudo Highlands areas which are ontop of giant cliffs, there's a walking path to get to that area and to every relevant thing there is to find in that area.

I'll have to check it out, sounds cool. You wouldnt have a link (heh) to it by any chance? Maybe I should just buy it

>Ignores me saying "makes the player take a more tedious roundabout route"
>Argument hinges on the fact the player can take a more tedious roundabout route
Know do you understand why I accused you of ignoring arguments?

I'm not a collectivist nor do i associate myself with any collective, and neither are you. The world is made out of individuals. I personally think you're a retard.

>confusing memorability with quality

1. you probably remember the BOTW soundtrack better than you're claiming
2. catchiness does not mean it's good

get some taste you massive pleb

Cope

Attached: downgrade.jpg (1223x665, 123K)

Now*

>resort to calling someone pretentious when their arguments evolve beyond the usual shit flinging

Am I supposed to be impressed at your willful ignorance of how music works just to desperately cling onto whatever weak ass argument you can to discredit botw to satisfy your obsessive, autistic contrarianism?

>I'm not a collectivist
You sure had me fooled you fucking NPC.

Only good ones are 2, Brotherhood, and maybe 4.

>why are there literally dozens of threads about it a day?
Vocal minority. There are people on Yea Forums shitting on Billie Ellish right now but they're not the majority. Most people don't care about her music but critics love her so they're forced to talk about it. Sound familiar?

>shit talk about the game
>get told why your wrong
>can't handle it and cry

Have your opinions all you want, but whenever you try to justify them with anything beyond 'it's just my personal preference', then expect to actually defend your reasoning.

pic related
>you need to be trained to enjoy music in a game
kill yourself retard
BOTW ost is shit, on yeah, i own the CD that came with the master sword statue too

Attached: IMG_20190624_003815279_HDR.jpg (4032x3024, 2.7M)

>I want to use this sword only cause it looks cool and I like it
then farm it and use it as much as you want.
Save for the master sword, they all respawn.

the only things I can find on youtube are cringy letsplayers talking over the actual thing

>Basement dwelling NEET just borrowed his brother's copies to shitpost
YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW I KNOW YOU HAVE LITERALLY NOT PLAYED THE GAME? BECAUSE THERE'S MUSIC LITERALLY EVERYWHERE YOU GO AND IT'S MORE THAN JUST 4 PIANO NOTES

Is "U DIDN'T PLAY IT" the new "YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME? YOU MUST BE A SONY FANBOY!"

>I don't understand why you are defending the temporary removal of one of the mechanics the game based itself on,
This is why you don't ignore people's arguments.
>The world on BoTW isn't just a static landscape with textures laid over it to resemble a world, it reacts and affects the game in a tangible way and makes it truly interactive.
>The core design philosophy of the game is interactivity and reality. Making every element of the world react and affect the players input in a logical way, adding a load of depth and complexity to the game's world

If a trained musician tells me the composition is sophisticated then I'm inclined to believe them over some seething incel on Yea Forums, yes.

what you call "a more tedious roundabout route" would simply just be "exploration" in a game that doesn't have the climb anything mechanic. if you hate exploration that much then BotW and most other Zelda games really aren't for you.
if you go through the game with minimal climbing it becomes obvious that BotW's world was designed with the intention of having a no-climbing run as an option for the people that want a more traditional overworld exploration experience. The game overworld becomes much more labyrinthian when you avoid climbing and it makes navigating parts of the overworld into like its own dungeon.

>Posts littered with factually wrong statements
>Guys I swear I played the game!

Attached: kizuna ai presents the smug face.jpg (889x779, 127K)

maybe you are deaf? check with your physician?

>BOTW ost is shit
Explain why

>Walking an extra 500 feet up a flat grassy hill to get to the location that climbing would have brought you to is "exploration" now

>forced
Pretty sure it's just snoyfags being triggered as fuck, nobody is forcing them.

so its just like fucking sonic adventure 1 from 1998.... woah...
btw there was nothing stopping ubi from making it so you can climb any surface apart from it looking fucking retarded and unrealistic, there's not much to brag about

>There is no music except for four piano notes
>I own the soundtrack btw

Attached: thinking (6).jpg (673x673, 43K)

watching all these people compare the same thing makes me sad

Could this be it?, I found it in /vg/

mega.nz/#!YqZzRCpZ!bUchiw3OaAk7yyNniYVLzv3PL35oXgqEX7xbNSYNjKU

This is correct.

If your trying to get from point a to b and the route to point b isn't obvious or right in front of you, then yes, that is exploration.

>THERE'S MUSIC LITERALLY EVERYWHERE
hyrule which is most of the game is composed of ocasional piano notes, even the royal family song plays at some point but you need to speed up the footage to hear it
boss battles in the dungeons for examples are just the same theme but with different instruments in each one, is this really musical mastery?
this part of this video pretty much sums it upyoutu.be/P_Q2wREAwRM?t=938

Fact: you can beat the game without climbing a single tower, Also as far as I remember there is just one single quest in all the game that involves a tower and you don't even need to climb said tower in order to do it .
The only thing towers give you is the a piece of your map without any shitty quest markers like in AC, and a view to see points of interest better, that's it.

I only played AC 1 so I don't know if they changed things later on, but in the first game you 100% can't climb anywhere on a building. You get stuck if there isn't anything around that you can get a grip of.

There are so few things you can't climb in BotW. Walls in shrines and divine beasts is about it.

yes

>>The world on BoTW isn't just a static landscape with textures laid over it to resemble a world, it reacts and affects the game in a tangible way and makes it truly interactive.
>The core design philosophy of the game is interactivity and reality.
This isn't an argument, this is like a blurb you would read on the box of the game, this absolutely means nothing
>Making every element of the world react and affect the players input in a logical way, adding a load of depth and complexity to the game's world
What "reaction to inputs"? Oh boy the grass burns! That surely hasn't been done before! Rain isn't a player input whatsover.
You want to make an argument about climbing outside of rain? Sure you can use "game world responds to player inputs" like using the updraft of a fire to glide over small inclines, that's cool as hell, but rain even removes that option, rain adds nothing but tedium to the game.

BUT
THE STAMINA METER

>hyrule which is most of the game is composed of occasional piano notes
>Btw I own the soundtrack
The soundtrack is 4 hours long.
youtu.be/RbbwaWPJcCs

This thing is completely amazing, I was talking about how you do NOT need it for BotW because for the first time the Lore and much more is all in game.

With that being said this book has so much additional lore still it's mind blowing, I bought a physical copy and I'm very happy with it.

Black Flag and Odyssey are pretty good tbqh. I like Odyssey more than 4

what part of uninspired bland song you do not get? some songs are brough back from older games and remixed, this soundtrack fits better on an actual animal crossing game where you need a relaxing background for the sort of stuff you do in the game which is just chill around your town, plant some trees and talk to villagers, it does not fit the narrative you guys are saying BOTW follows
"its feels like an actual adventure"
the OST does not reflect that, at least watch the time stamp i posted before replying again

>uninspired bland song
Nice buzzwords kid, glad you literally have no arguments. Makes it easier to just jump to mocking you for being a retard.

Attached: Gwen laugh.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

>inquires if user actually played the game
>user posts a time stamp with 2 versions of it
>LOL you just borrowed them from someone
KEK

Attached: 1477773680615.png (957x718, 1.51M)

>muh buzzwords
nice to hear that when the defence i only hear here is "sony fag" this and "seethe" that

>Not only did he not prove he played the game he is still going on about how the game only has 4 piano notes played every once in a while

Attached: KEK (1).jpg (300x261, 20K)

climbing in video games is usually fucking garbage anyways, just remove that shit i dont want it in my games. literally no way to make it fun or interesting.

You need to prove it's bland, show me a handful of game soundtracks like it.

If you can't, you're just a COPING snoyfag

Yo listen to these four piano notes guys!
youtu.be/1JgJR4iy7wc

all I hear is 4 occasional notes wtf are you on about

I fucking hated climbing in AC games, it's slow as fuck and if you try and speed it up by jumping and trying to grip onto something you usually fall or miss and have to grab the ledge your on. The hookblade was a nice improvement but it was still slow

At least with BOTW you could jump higher for a cost of stamina, if you timed everything correctly and had a lot of stamina you could bypass a wall in seconds.

>Same exact instrumental aside from the occasional pitch change for nearly 3 minutes

ah that makes sense

Yep, 4 piano notes! That's all you hear! Just like this song! Just four notes!
youtu.be/2As_DjNkwiI

Attached: lmaooooooo.png (576x432, 336K)

>This isn't an argument, this is like a blurb you would read on the box of the game, this absolutely means nothing
Yes it is because it defines the way the game is played and what is possible.
youtu.be/QyMsF31NdNc?t=1039
Simply saying "it all sounds like a a pointless blurb" is just a poor excuse not to think.

>What "reaction to inputs"? Oh boy the grass burns! That surely hasn't been done before!
THIS isn't an argument. I said nothing about whether it was unique or not.

>Rain isn't a player input whatsover.
Rain affects player input just like everything else in the game. It's one element in a big interwoven system of mechanics.

>rain even removes that option, rain adds nothing but tedium to the game.
Yes, it's inconvenient. But it serves a purpose. Again, saying 'i don't like it' isn't an argument. I understand if people don't like it, and I won't argue that it's perfect, but there's a reason for is existence and it does add to the game. In this case, it adds an obstacle that the player has to deal with, because last time I remembered, rain is not exactly convenient to us all the time.

Only if you ignore this

ok
youtube.com/watch?v=wz_NK5HgR6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DuYCxuVKZkc
youtube.com/watch?v=OI8D3rdpjuM
youtube.com/watch?v=T9fZXPwwlo4
youtube.com/watch?v=hgnKbFSySfk
youtube.com/watch?v=hUiAmrtxits
youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY

Yeah, most of the overworld themes are bland but when there's actual music it's usually top notch.

ITS OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
BOTW was fucking rubbish

>This is just notes played on a sequence!
Wow what a clever boy you are
Just say you don't like it and you can stop making an ass out of yourself.

Attached: A8B1726D-A2CA-4DDC-AD2F-669CF000979B.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Thanks for proving you're a brainlet.
There is always going to be some overlap in the style of a franchise, and even then there is barely any overlap with Zelda.

Best part is the complaints about four tones on a piano, which none of these embody

There are zero mechanics rain exemplifies in the game and overall acts as a detriment to the mechanics already present
You just saying "well yes it means something" doesn't automatically make it mean something either, you can literally transplant any other game into that quote and it would convey the same exact thing.

>have to watch a 4 parts video essay to make a point
sounds more like mental gymnastics to defend a very average soundtrack

I meant Zelda botw, just ended that sentence prematurely

>literally crying that something is adding challenge and he has to think instead of mindlessly do like an NPC

Attached: Thinking (2).png (540x407, 216K)

Perhaps the same could be said of all Zelda games. Not a one of them deserves the critical acclaim its gotten.

I love how the music still sounds amazing when limited to 3 tracks like the old games

youtu.be/bZQq7o2z78E

It would be an 11/10 because angry fanboys wouldn't shit on it just because it's Zelda

>Tedium = challenge
If you weren't this fucking dumb, this argument wouldn't even be happening in the first place

>Best part is the complaints about four tones on a piano, which none of these embody
i already covered that part here

>>There are zero mechanics rain exemplifies in the game
>Thunder elemental attacks have wider range and stun enemies longer when it's raining
>In thunderstorms you can throw your metal weapon into an enemy camp to get them all zapped by lightning
>Rain makes the terrain more slippery so you can shield surf without much shield degradation
>Your stealth stat is boosted when it's raining
>different bugs can spawn depending on the weather
I can do this all day. What other misinformed incorrect opinions about BotW do you got?

>Etrian Odyssey
>Disgaea
>Pokemon

LITERALLY 4 NOTES OCCASIONALLY
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've never played any Zelda games but I dislike them because Link looks like a fag

>tedium = challenge
Figure out another way up, you fucking NPC.

Your criticism is better than most of the ones found in this thread.

Imagine being so attached to a mediocre at best game that 842 days later yours still going into threads on 4channel to post non-arguments in its defense. Rampant autism at its finest.

Goddamn thank you for posting this. Turns out he did a lot of BOTW's songs, these are fantastic. So much for 4 notes kek
youtu.be/TSXqZybz6pM

F-four uninspired notes!
youtu.be/rR7bCi9Hqrg

>Find a roundabout way to transverse the terrain instead of taking the direct, shorter route of climbing somehow isn't just tedium and is now challenge
Fuck off, you obviously weren't even a part of this argument
This isn't about what the rain adds, its about what it compliments, and only 2 of those mechanics you listed are actually exemplified by the rain, rain adds nothing to climbing, the intention of the game is to use rain to remove climbing, which leads to a tedious, roundabout solution

youtube.com/watch?v=4k6kDII2-Yw