Red Dead Online

Why did it die so fast?

Attached: 4def715bd584f0bacdb5d463a17ce6fe.jpg (1200x630, 1.03M)

Because they couldnt sell bullet proof horseless carriages until it did.

basic shit that should've been in the game day one wasn't. Like baing able to simply play FUCKING POKER WITH FRIENDS GOD DAMN
It's there now, but fuck that I'm not playing some shitty blurry console just to be a cowboy. Maybe when if it comes to PC.

Game was pushed for a Holiday release when the online was hugely unfinished, and they rushed the shit out of the online to appease people and that shitty beta killed everyones hype for it.

it's full of grinding and the core gameplay isn't fun

GTAO is more attractive to zoomers, and nobody can be fucked working the second job that is RDO when they're already invested in GTAO. You simply can't get most people to play two games like this at once.

>blurry console

Attached: yw7D7wC.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

>You simply can't get most people to play two games like this at once.
Shit like this will mean that they'll put more and more time between their releases.
GTAO unironically ruined everything.

Attached: 1558751836587.jpg (570x539, 48K)

Same happened with GTAV online, it was a mess at first and wasnt ready at launch either. Yet it became a massice money maker for Rockstar, but killed it by going too far with the jew tactics

zoomers have never seen a horse before, but they want to drive all of the cars their donations to their favorite eceleb bought them

Red Dead fans wanted a comfy hunting with friends simulator and Rockstar wanted GTAO2.0

Based movie stupid forgot to put in a game.

Yes, it is young people's lack of experience with a farm animal that killed this online video game

>blurry console

Attached: 27-10-2018_13-55-38.jpg (3840x2160, 1.65M)

No free aim mode

The game is quite literally unplayable when it's just a super gay hard lock on fest

Why are you proving his point? Look at how soft those edges are

this 100%

I just don't get how they didn't learn from their mistakes they made with GTA Online, and somehow had a worse launch.
GTA Online is fun to fuck around in but Red Dead needs more things to do in the open world due to the setting, and there's a lot they could do but just chose not to. I think releasing it in the state it was in was an awful idea.

it's bad because you're beta testing for PC

It's really boring compared to GTA5.

not every game needs multiplayer

This except the worse part was they made game mechanics that works around a slow paced open world. Getting on your horse or walking up steps takes a realistically longer time. But they throw everyone into this mess of a multiplayer and it becomes immediately apparent how badly those mechanics work with real other people trying to kill you.

RDR2 attracts a lot of casuals as do most R* games but the online is unforgiving, at least in GTA, you could jump in your car or whip out a rocket launcher quick to maybe defend yourself. But in this, youll be firebombed and killed all in the animation just to turn around 180 degrees.

Sure but RDR2 with an actually well thought out multiplayer would have been great, theres no way you could denying that.
Rockstar just proved that you cant trust them anymore with regards to multiplayer and post release content since GTAV.

I have 0 interest until they turn off autoaim.

Single player does it all better. Why the fuck would you choose to do hunting online for fuck all money with the added annoyance of people trying to kill you?
RDR1 online was just plain fun, plenty of team missions to fuck around in and you didn't have to waste money on ammo and shit.

muh edges

Why don't you just turn it off yourself?

Because none of the shit works. Stranger missions fuck up all the time, dailies are mostly boring. There's almost never hideouts or anything, pvp is a fucking joke.

Attached: 1416706491844.png (392x366, 119K)

I just want to be able to buy a nice countryside home and hunt for a living, occasionally fighting off bandits or riding into the city with friends. Maybe robbing a bank or two when things get desperate.
Also if RockStar could include animals and hunting in this online mode why the fuck isn't there any in GTA:O?

>I just want to be able to buy a nice countryside home and hunt for a living, occasionally fighting off bandits or riding into the city with friends. Maybe robbing a bank or two when things get desperate.
This but in real life.

Attached: 1544580917698.jpg (570x664, 303K)

The combat doesn't transfer to PvP well at all.
Everything is a grind, missions, travelling, constantly having to eat etc
Not enough missions
Payouts are laughable
Everything locked behind more grinding
Most people just wanted a fun hunting/cowboy escape with friends, but it's GTA without any of the flash cars and guns
No proper hideouts
Character creator is awful

I could go on and on

You can't buy Warm clothing without grinding to a stupid level considering the XP rate. I just want to hide away in the mountains like in chapter 1.

Whoever came up with the campsite idea deserves to get murdered. What a load of broken shit.

BASED

This kills any fun for me. No skill required just auto lock on your target. Not sure the point of all the competitive modes being created since they are all the same.

>want better payouts and no level locked clothing
>"Here goy, more battle royale modes :)"

Attached: 1555204713350.gif (320x240, 814K)

How would you ever play this game without lock on, controllers need lock on, this game will NEVER be on pc NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER ever

You clearly weren't there when GTA online launched. There was absolutely nothing to do and barely any cars were on the road. It felt like an empty wasteland.

>pvp is a fucking joke.
This is a good reason why it's dead. Fucking weenies running around auto aiming each other like it's something to be proud of. Turn on slippery bastard and watch the salt fly when people call you a hacker because they can't aim for shit.

Because everyone else has auto aim you retard

>You simply can't get most people to play two games like this at once.

Thank fuck for that because it means more and more live service shit is failing.

I'm a well known youtuber/streamer and I'm convinced if I played it it would have been a success, but it had absolutely no draw for me. Dead on arrival.

Does CoD and battlefield have auto lock? Did halo? Of course PC shooters are better. Maybe we are talking about two different things.

I hate that when I aim I automatically target and follow another player with my cursor. There is no skill at all. I wouldn't mind an aim assist of sorts as a compromise for consoles but obviously completely off preferred.

If they had light autoaim like other console shooters it would be one thing but Rockstar has their absolutely retarded full lock on snap bullshit. It makes it so easy a retard can do it

prove it no balls

I had dreams of being in the snowy mountains, holding out a log cabin, with other players trying to kill me and steal my shit.

What I got was incredibly disappointing. Kiddies deadeye'ing me with lockon, horse that never seems to respond to calls. Utterly shite missions and stranger quests.
I loved single player but online is just as woeful as gta online.

>Utterly shite missions
The missions were great the first time around, the stranger quests are dogshit.

Also might be an unpopular opinion but I want some cool ass shit to actually spend my money on. Like Wagons with gattling guns and actual camp building mechanics. So camps are more customization and a great spot to cook and hang out with friends.

It was really fucking boring and there wasn't enough to do. World simply wasn't interesting or engaging enough to simply 'exist' in like GTA V. Made you do dumb shit like pay gold for haircuts and emotes. Payouts for hard work were basically nonexistant. Nothing to really look forward to or grind for save for extremely overpriced weapons that had their prices basically cut in half and were STILL too much fucking money.

Also the story seemed interesting but ended too early. After you did all the missions there was fucking nothing. Many people (including me) either simply gave up on the game and let it rot in their library or console players traded it back to stores before updates roled out.

I mean in a nutshell rockstar killed it. Shitty business practices and game design. Story mode was really fun but god they can't make an engaging multiplayer mode that isn't just a gigantic, sad cash grab.