BotW is like a big pizza

Can we all agree that this perfectly illustrates the relationship between Ocarina of Time (real Zelda) and Breath of the Wild (fake nu-Zelda for zoomers)? Darksiders 2 reflects that non-Nintendo developers were able to capture some of the most important elements of Zelda better than BotW, even though the game pales in comparison to the original (rare steak>hamburger)

>beef = dungeons
>french fries = open world
>bun, pickles, lettuce, ketchup = art style, writing, music, edginess
>cheese = open-world fetch quests
>tomato = loot system
>pepperoni = shrines

Attached: fact.png (800x1200, 1.63M)

you are unironically correct. shrines ruin BotW. They are the worst thing to put in a game about open world exploration.

Darksiders 1 is OoT, Darksiders 2 is BotW

>food comparisons

Murricans

Pizza > Burgers
not even talking about Zelda, just in general

All of them taste good.

Darksiders 1 is unironically better than BOTW.

>it's another "food analogy" episode

you've clearly never had a really fuckin good burger
pizza is generally hard to fuck up but burgers are easy to learn but difficult to master

>food analogy

Without shrines, what the fuck would be the point of exploring? People already complain that the world is "empty" and you want to make it emptier?

>food analogy

shrines make exploring really boring because it feels like you come across shrines, and koroks, instead of actual interesting things to find or discover. it's a bland world filled with puzzle chambers because it doesn't know how to capture your attention in any other way.

Rent free

imagine being at computers.

How can this possibly make sense to any but one person on earth?

Huh, I remember of finding plenty of interesting shit in the world. Shrines weren't about "oh this is so interesting/unique" in the first place though, they're about rewarding you for exploring and breaking up the pacing for a bit. Like those random dungeons in Elder Scrolls games that aren't tied to a quest.

I guess this is a good place to ask as any.
I'm playing through for the first time and when I got to Kakariko village I sold all the bullshit Bokoblin pieces I had and bout the Ninja suit or whatever it is, and ever since I've not found a better piece of armor outside of stuff like the Warm Doublet for cold areas, Gerudo armor for warm, etc

Should I be looking for anything better or is this about as good as it gets?
Also I almost never use my horse because he's never around when I call for him.

there's too many of them to just feel like rewards for exploring. especially since they are also the game's main form of progression. BotW feels like a shrine hunting game, and not a really fun, interesting world where you just happen to come across some shrines.

>there are too many rewards for exploration to feel like rewards for exploration

Attached: logo.png (584x251, 21K)

>shrines ruin BotW. They are the worst thing to put in a game about open world exploration.

How can you even breathe without assistance?

Certain armour sets have certain buffs. And the armour sets can be upgrade for more buffs at the fairy fountains.

The trick is getting the mix right for how you want to play.

Like 50% of people hate shrines bro

another problem is that korok puzzles are mostly unsatisfying. take a game like minish cap for example where each area had a unique minish puzzle. some required you to shrink down in a different area and use newly unlocked items to gain access to that other area which you normally could not be small inside of. in BOTW there is no unique items/power to unlock so the puzzles could not be designed in that manner.

yeah I found the second fairy fountain where you need 500 rupees to open it up and got my Sheikah suit upgraded twice, so it has the night movement bonus
I also mostly haven't found very much at all, aside from stuff that's just given to you, like the Gerudo one, and otherwise I just have that Knight set that seems to slow me down

Ironically, the shrines feel like puzzles to keep autistic children occupied

I don't hate the 'puzzles' for the Koroks because they're mostly little cute novelties that probably didn't take much to implement, but I agree the sheer number of them isn't a replacement for more crafted puzzles.
Having a smaller but still decently sized number of the little korok puzzles and adding something like the Minish puzzles would be great, honestly

The Korok puzzles didn't feel like they were trying to be puzzles, just little interactions.

And you've clearly never had a really fucking good pizza. Chain shit like what OP posted is garbage and should be treated like such.

yeah, pretty much the reason for putting puzzle in quotations
they're harmless because they're just novel little things that are easily noticeable and net you a cute little cutscene and a seed, and barely take away from whatever path you're taking

The lengths some of the anti-BoTW shills go through just to try and convince the entire rest of the world to accept their twisted world view will never stop being hilarious

Are you a starving African that doesn't understand the concept of food? Kek

Yea Forums - food analogies