Pathologic thread

On day 4, Is there any particular reason I should be collecting broken ampoles and bloody bandages? Anna and Notkin are infected but I'm thinking of letting that bitch die instead of wasting meds on curing her.

Attached: 1561240626406.jpg (636x640, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHOy6hiUcyA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bloody bandages and broken bottles can be trade at dead item shops at night, so don't get rid of them, just make sure to have them around at night.
Notklin is on the list and you should cure him if you have schamoulders.
Anna is useless I think, I just let her die.

>want to play this because the atmosphere looks amazing
>heard it's gruelling as fuck
Is it worth it? I like stalker but this seems like masochism.

A good doctor does his best user
A great doctor already did his best and knows it's not enough

It is, just change the difficulty settings a bit.

It's not hard at all if you pay attention and are not so retarded you are unable to prioritize what you should be doing

>hardly reach anywhere on day 1 on my first playthrough
>nearly fall asleep because of exhaustion
>have so much more free time by the second playthrough's first day that even sleeping isn't enough to skip time
It really depends on how retarded you are on the first playthrough, not that hard unless you get lolnat1 on certain things in subsequent ones.

Fuck off.

Try the game on the intended difficulty, and only lower it if you feel that it is really too hard/punishing for you. I, for one, have never been the fan of resource bar management horror/survival games but I still did pretty okay. If you're not brain damaged then it is not a hard game. Stressful but not hard.

Do giving Shmowders to people actually do anything other then curing them now? I recall in the original they'd say giving it to someone would cripple them for life, but they never actually did anything other then curing them.

Well other then Peter liking her I see no reason to save her, especially given her past which I assume is the same still.

Ony my 2nd playthrough I accidentally went to jail on day 1 and I decided not to reload - even if barely, I still managed to do everything on day 1. My stash was a bit low but still.

Nope, just cures them.
>I, for one, have never been the fan of resource bar management horror/survival games
So then why are you against turning down the difficulty?

Collect them, stash them, as many as you can, you don't know how much of a lifesaver they can be, especially late-game.
have you heard of the dead item shop?

Yes, and I don't even think Peter is worth saving.

>So then why are you against turning down the difficulty?
Because the difficulty is part of the game's narrative - it's not a coincidence that there were no difficulty settings in the release version. So the other user should not touch it before trying the game out for himself and making the decision based on his own experience.

>Because the difficulty is part of the game's narrative
I agree, but the devs are kind of incompetent when it comes to game design and they made it too hard.

True, but I kind of like him, same with Yulia. I'll help them if I can afford it but other then that no.
Yeah, I usually used it to get food and traded organs, but if I can use them then I'll do that instead and leave the organs for brewing and tinctures.

Not him but I will agree that the hunger drains absurdly fast, thirst as well. Other then that I think the games fine and I'm still playing on the intended difficulty. If the fund keeps giving me a bit of food for my efforts while on shift then I'll be good.

>thirst
Thirst only drains fast if you sprint around or specifically only eat food that makes you thirsty often so it's up to you how fast it goes up
I agree on the hunger, put that bitch at %90

I think the most absurd thing, except for maybe the hunger, is how easily gear gets damaged. I turned that all the way down and it's still kind of fast.
Also, on missions where you have to fight I should have turned down the damage received.

>If the fund keeps giving me a bit of food for my efforts
It does give you decent amount but I still recommend stacking foot early game and constantly trading for eggs/smoked fish with kids..

As long as you buy food on day one and plan your movement and dont walk around aimlessly it really isn't that hard

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHOy6hiUcyA
>youtube recommends me this
>get a sudden urge to play bachelor
AAAAAAA IPL RELEASE HIM

>visit Anna
>admits she was with the caravan and they turned kids into circus freaks or sold them
Why would I waste time and resources healing her again?

I wish he was the first released character

How do you think Bachelor will work in P2? I can't imagine going through the game with no tinctures for immunity

>Bachelor is going to be the hard mode now like Haurspex was in the original

Young Vlad and Grief mention him shooting someone and being quick on the draw so I guess he starts with a gun and has more combat?

He also threatens to pull a gun on Haruspex on day 2 if you refuse to let him into your dads house.

Always collect these items as much as you can. They can help buying you a shmowder or whatever good shit you find in the Dead Item shop.

Your Fund rewards will probably be based on marking off infected houses or something related to disease control.

If you like nothing more than walking and reading, then it's a game for you.

Bachelor will shoot the plague out of people.

>Nope, just cures them.
That's fucking dumb.

They'll have to give you more immunity drugs, considering Bachelor can't craft Tinctures.

>Bachelor becomes a hardass with a messiah complex
>and a six-shot

Attached: 1560197115245.png (511x309, 162K)

So, uh, does Umbraya Erze means something?

Not really, they actually explain why they exist. What was the explanation in the first game for harming people (which I guess they didn't)?

All I recall is it just fucked up your body and burned out the infection in the process.

Oh yah, well that is true for tinctures in this one, but all it does is increase pain.
Also, you can actually get rid of infection by walking in fire, literally burning out the infection.

Where the fuck do I get white whip? Do you have to go to specific roots to get specific herbs or is it always random?

nah, it's in a fictional language like Simlish or Nier's OST

iirc notkin had a line for it when he just gets instantly infected at day 4 or something if you use one on him
Can't remember much about it but it was some ominous line, maybe someone remembers better

I remember he just asks you why you used it on him. And I answered who else, since he was on the list duh.

Yeah, he just says it burns and wonders why you gave it to him, and ??? Calls you a cheat and says you only briefly shaved him from death.

It's not gruelling as in tedious, it's gruelling as in you'll be struggling to make it on time and not fucking die due to a multitude of factors. It's a good game so you can learn though.

Something about returning to your homeland according to some youtube comments