ADS IN A FUCKING 60 DOLLAR GAME

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING?

eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-23-nba-2k19-fans-are-unhappy-at-an-increase-in-the-number-of-unskippable-ads

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-122915_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 602K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1IrTyC8rl-Y
translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=auto&tl=en&text=EA ooga booga booga ba oo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So that’s why the game dropped to $5.99 on switch

>lootboxes killed
>replaced with commercials
oh boy

Dudebros who only play CoD and sports games aren't real gamers.

game was 2.99 on ps4 recently
everyone thought it was a price glitch, i figured they were planning to turn the servers off soon so i avoided buying it, glad i did

>inb4 Jim Sterling, YongYeah, TheQuartering, AngryJoe, CleanPrinceGaming, DownwardThrust videos

Attached: 1559205568213.jpg (250x234, 8K)

> Buying
> AAA
> Sports games
> EA

you never learn

>cookie cutter yearly release game
nothing of value was lost

Yeah I almost bought it but figured there was a reason for the price drop, didnt think it would be advertisements though.

It wont stop these idiots from buying the next one though.

We like to call them "surprise movies"

Indie games and AA are the only morally valid purchases.

It's a feature. Ads are part of watching sportsball.

Attached: 1369845550534.gif (500x470, 1015K)

Daily reminder that when Nintendo does it, it's okay (Mercedes DLC for MK8).

Will only affect consolekiddies because they are too dumb or rather incapable to mod it out or using various connection blocking means.
So what they are doing is banking on the stupidity and cancer of the consolekiddie space, as consoles yet again ruin everything for everyone.

hehehe hohoho no lootbox life baby

What's the problem here? Just pay to remove ads for 2.99 a month. You can afford $2.99 a month right Yea Forums?

Attached: 1502766552058.png (243x243, 12K)

>Being a sportsfag consolenigger
Eww.

advertisers need your attention, when so many normalfags are fixated on garbage EA sports gayms then it's a no brainer that the eternally greedy corporate whores will spread their legs for this shit. I bet they fucking rake in the cash for this shit.

this thread does not belong on this board, please take it to Yea Forums

>lol who cares about horse armor
>lol who cares about lootcrates
>lol who cares about literal commercials

Exactly, who cares? Don't buy it

Except there wasn’t a literal unskippable commercial ingame.

There is a diffference between adding a playable car and straight-out preventing the player from playing the game in the first place

But does it have Surprise Mechanics™?

>IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

>that recent interview with Todd where he talked about how they would actually increase the price of horse armor during sales (or some such) and it would be the bestseller every time

>console owners pay for online AND ads

Attached: 1546833163375.jpg (2000x2575, 676K)

unskippable adds? like how youtube does their adds?

i haven't played any 2k games but that sounds fucking autistic

>lootboxes killed
according to who?

Attached: 1514033296131.jpg (1600x900, 362K)

the law

>EA
NBA games are 2K, it's literally in the title

>he doesn't block ads at the router level
SAD

why are the goyim angry, they watch ads on the tv during the nigger event

Did they atleast fix passing?

lol who cares bro just ignore it

Attached: sand-1.jpg (448x325, 24K)

Aren't they just killing paid lootboxes? They'll just use the actiblizzard loophole where you buy a digital good like virtual cred and get "free" lootboxes.

>buyfags

Attached: 05f9fc16416f.jpg (970x546, 105K)

More specifically they're killing microtransactions, blizzard's loophole solution wouldn't work because that virtual credit you buy, even as small as it is, would make it easier for the player to acquire stuff

People that buy these kinds of games are retards, just let them be.

Honestly they used to be good but they are sucking on the outrage teet now, every little fucking thing is a video.

>just let them be.
Then they'll shove these shitty ads into everything else.

>Unskippable ads in a professional sports game

At least it's authentic

>just let them be
its this kind of retarded thinking that eventually makes such things start showing up in other games

>NBA games
Who gives a fuck about what casuals play.

All it takes for evil men to take reign is for good men to do nothing

Wasn’t the Mercedes DLC free though?

How do Sports Niggers endure this? Every single Triple A title they've got is built to fuck them down to their very last dollar. These Ads are just to squeeze you down to the last drop. I mean FIFA despite it's awful reputation still had euro niggers dropping big money on it's lootboxes which pretty much keep EA built strong.

That's it? it was 2.99 on xbox

People who play sports games aren’t actual thinking, rational adults.

it's not just in games.
for about half a month now you get a sponsered post in facebook every 3 to 4 posts you scroll past.

I just deleted mine and will have to wait to buy another sports game, even if PSN gives it out for free.
the clowns weren't even joking about "Clown World"

Isn't 90% of american football and basket ball just ads?

Someone told me americans only watch handegg for the ads

It was on Switch too he's just wrong

Yes.

ads or loot boxes take your fucking pick

Don't like it, don't buy it. They can do with their game whatever they want to.

People watch the Super Bowl for the ads because you usually get some real bizarre shit and it’s entertaining, usually much more so than the game itself. Having said that, I haven’t watched the Super Bowl in like 6 years. I just don’t care about it.

>playing sports games
>paying $60 to control virtual niggers

Attached: 1361749071426.jpg (376x376, 95K)

This the future now that loot boxes will be banned.

>Play WWE, NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, soccer, or any other sport vidya.
>Have unskippable commercial breaks like the real events.

How will this impact sports vidya Yea Forums? Will you be playing the latest FPS and see ads on the areas or just scrolling banner ads on the menus?

That's covered by the bill.

kek how fucking jew can you get?

youtube.com/watch?v=1IrTyC8rl-Y

not only that the the clothing the team wears is also sponsored, as well sponsors in the stadium and even sometimes in the overlay graphics. Literally dystopian advertising where its everywhere and no one bats an eye. What you eat, what you drink, what you wear, what you look like. Its all there.

You forgot the ads that they digitally plaster onto the field, which always looks kinda weird.

What kind of person unironically play sports games?

God damn I watched a few Upper Echelon vids and now my queue is full of this exact lineup

why is there aim down sight in a basketball game?

The other fun one is the ads on the radio on or near game day. “Such and such is the official whatever of SPORTS TEAM.” I don’t know why a football team needs an official colonic solution, but whatever makes them ad bucks I guess.

It'd very likely turn the phrase "AAA-Game" into an insult

>they though the ads where you need to stand up, clap and yell "MCDONALDS" were a joke

oh you poor naive fools

>people pay thousands upon thousands of dollaridos to go watch sports games and we let you play as nba superstars so pay us

Do you know where that cringey Xbox marketing video is? The one where it talks specifically about that shit.

Kino

Attached: 1557712618871.webm (720x720, 2.96M)

I love how sports games treat their audience like trash

On the background or a (sic)banrer… FUCK KIKE JEWS I HAVE A PIHOLE TO BLOCK AD SERVERS FUUUUUCKKKKKKK ADDDSS
Anyway, you could argue that interruptions are a necessity of the media, loading times for example. However, they should be seen as detrimental to game time and aimed to be eliminated, not diversified.
Could it be part of an advanced deprecation system? Do it like Apple, add """updates""" that throttle down the game to force your installbase to switch to this year's installment.

I'm okay letting evil men take reign for a bit, all the "good" men have clearly not been doing shit.

They kinda deserve it, buying the same game over and over, year after year, with just new players? That’s just asking to be abused.

I never said it was a bad thing.

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

2k isn't EA and is actually enjoyable. I bought 2k14 for $15 and have been playing them ever since. Minus last year.

>One minute ads in niggerball simulator
Nothing of value was lost.

pic for reference

Attached: US08246454-20120821-D00009.png (2676x2115, 83K)

>yell NIGGER instead
>banned from Amazon Refrigerator

Are you retard too that you would buy game like that?

It isn't already?

translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=auto&tl=en&text=EA ooga booga booga ba oo

Attached: 1532306666529.jpg (995x689, 107K)

Seems kinda shady that this also affect 60USD customers.

If they wanted to make a cheap ad supported version that would be okay.

I mean even paid MMOs that later was made F2P has some sort of bonus for people that actually paid for it.

>paying $60 for adware
My contempt for humankind is at its peak.
You truly are animals, the oblivious prey of the jew predator.

Shut the fuck up you actual useless spineless fucking cuck.

>being an xbot NPC ready to stand up and clap to salute your corporate overlords

Ending yourself is highly recommended

no self-respecting pirate would even touch a sports video game

jesus you just get the whole story from one frame

>product placement =/= unskippable in-game ads

>adding a free car

I haven't played a basketball game since NBA 2K1 on the Dreamcast.

that's a sony patent

Attached: 351A796D-E049-41B5-BD87-3768B822FC92.jpg (460x215, 35K)

Holy shit, this is actual brainwashing

Did they finally crack it?

Contracts Man, the players gotta get money too for their likenesses being used

Attached: (You).png (1190x906, 178K)

Nope
>mfw piratecucks will NEVER EVER experience the ultimate experience in handball gaming
HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: piratecucks BTFO.png (839x409, 446K)

Dont forget Boogie1488 in 2 weeks

>sports shit
literally who cares?

I'm more of a Razorfist kinda guy personally.

Attached: 1328092933945.png (436x444, 215K)

is the game actually any good?

I miss the bald fat cunty brit

These games helped with making lootboxes popular to normies. Don't be a fucking retard

Attached: E0C888BD-E01E-415B-B5A0-8EF915241970.gif (480x368, 1.43M)

This game didn't influence normies. Niggers are the only ones who play this shit and they are not human. Niggers are stupid with money and can easily influenced to spend it. I looked into this game on release day.
>$60 game
>microtranactions
>free-to-play model in regards to leveling your character
>yearly releases
Despite all this niggers were streaming their maxed out characters on day 1. To max a character out you had to spend 200,000 jewcoins, which costs $50 (or grind for a 1000 hours). All of the customization options outside character creator cost incredible amounts of in-game currency and can be bought with microtransactions. This isn't the first game that did this, 2k18 had the exact same model.
>But why would niggers pay for the exact same game?
These jews don't update the games roster when it changes every year. They use denuvo and anti-modding software to make sure modders don't either on PC. They stopped improving and changing the games mechanics after 2k16. So it's been the same game for 3 years, but have been increasing the monetization to see how much they can get away with. This ad stuff, is testing for what they can do in 2k20. AND NIGGERS WILL STILL BUY IT

you moralfags never learn

Attached: rpcs3 hb17.png (2639x200, 147K)

how much of a fucking mong do you even need to be to buy shit like this

are sports fans literally sheep

This game was on sale for 3 dollars. 3 fucking dollars.

Sports games are consumed by literal retards who always goble that shit up and keep EA and others afloat, do you expect sympathy from us ? Those tards had it coming and they deserve every bit of it for Keeping producers afloat and validating their awfully decisions by buying every releases.

Sportsfags are among the worst group of people on the planet. The shear amount of money they spend on their team/sport across the retail spectrum is insane, which is why companies have no problem nickel and dimeing them especially here in the US. And they're not even the chill bros they come across, they're actually worse than us on almost every level.

They know NBA games are just a subscription services for Chads
It's a annual charge Chads have to pay otherwise other chads will ostracize them

Attached: 1527980505689.jpg (2266x1600, 1.14M)

>WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING?
Knowing their audience.

Agree. This is a totally a minor thing.

AND YOU'RE STILL
GOING TO
BUY IT TOO
This is why no one gives a shit, no one wants to defend sportball retards.

Attached: 1552542084968.png (640x360, 167K)

if only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: 1553422483882.png (845x498, 56K)

LOOK WHAT JESUS DID

Attached: 1558429162564.png (566x513, 355K)

Anyone who would buy this knowing what they are gonna shove up your ass, is a fucking idiot.

>"There should be 0 ads in a game that costs $60"

Why the FUCK is this in quotes? Is this really a controversial statement to a degree that you have to separate yourself from it? Video games journalists are faggots.

No amount of money will ever be enough for publishers, they'll continue to push the envelope when it comes to maximizing profits regardless of how much they shit on their livelihood (customers).

its sold to niggers, which everyone knows are easily exploitable. why do you care.

because it is quoting someone, you mongoloid

You also going to admit that it was Okay if Kojima does it as well?

Journalists don't use quotes to separate themselves from a statement (or at least, not only that). They do it because using someone's own words invokes that human element.

Thank God for them, I'm not sitting to read this shit myself

Reminder that this is why every consoleshitter game only uses matchmaking instead of community servers.