Why are all modern games trash?

why are all modern games trash?

Attached: 1555894493101s.jpg (250x227, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W23LKD9Z1hw
youtube.com/watch?v=X_VVr5H4h6o
youtube.com/watch?v=6dR5NDcvm4M
youtube.com/watch?v=eY3wsYzl3DA
youtube.com/watch?v=oVME_l4IwII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

old good new bad

I'm the trashman!

because you touch yourself at night
dumb animesissy

what game do you faggots play besides league, csgo , pubg?

Attached: file.png (285x223, 42K)

>all modern
Bloodstained and Sekiro are pretty great. Stop playing western games

Attached: 74353985_p0.png (1563x1944, 3.41M)

Obviously this isn't true, but I think a lot of new games focus more on spectacle than being mechanically sound. If you look at PC shooters from the early 2000s, you can see that despite their graphics a lot of them still hold up remarkably well. This is because they're fundamentally good games with tight controls that focus on gameplay above all else. As we move forward, I feel as if people care less and less about developing games and more and more about developing interactive films.

Bocchi is CUTE and funny

Attached: 1558642280681.jpg (200x177, 12K)

stop being a tasteless weeb and play smaller games you absolute plebian
if you honestly think that's all there is to "modern games" you need to reconsider living

Only western ones.

agree maybe i should've excluded japanese games, then my statment will be 100% accurate

this but unironically

Cringe and AAApilled

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

Attached: WHO.png (2366x1052, 1.97M)

>old
"my god i cant wait till i get home to play this game for 10+ hours"
>new
"this game is fine for 5 minutes i guess.."

Cause everything has to be a 60 hour repetitive grindfest with retardproof gameplay.

because of faggots like this who lap it up.

Attached: ewwww.jpg (640x320, 24K)

bruh did you just to the archive and copy a post from 5 years ago?

>Plays bad games
>is surprised when all the games he played were bad
>generalizes all other games he hasn't played as bad too because of his autism

Attached: tumblr_mbjzf0PIZV1qgw8s1o1_400.gif (323x346, 11K)

because of retards buying lootboxes and shitty cinematic garbage

The only hope is for like one or 2 good indie games a year plus maybe something from nintendo

youtube.com/watch?v=W23LKD9Z1hw
I don't give a shit about many new games, but I would buy an open world family guy game that was good desu

>60 hour
Try 30, at best

old games were trying to be innovative, original,but nowdays most games have generic, checklist they have to fill in, battle royal, fps, mobas, they're all the fucking same

Prey and Doom were both fun.

They're not all trash, you just choose to play trash

delusional pleb

T H E P L O T I S S O T O U C H I N G
9 / 1 0

Attached: trash.jpg (1200x800, 176K)

because games arent ambitious anymore

Dumb Bocchiposter

oh my god shut the fuck up
playing the cream of the crop from years past doesn't mean we didn't get movie/comic licensed games, sports games every year, bootleg stuff to pad the numbers etc
get some fucking perspective

youtube.com/watch?v=X_VVr5H4h6o
You just grew up user. l learned that the hard way. Hasn't this always been the case though? Today's bullshit is tomorrow's nostalgia. Generations from now, people will say how generic and uninspired the games we loved are. They'll praise the plots and graphics of the games they grew up with. Those games will get remakes, long analysis videos saying why they're the best, etc. All we can do now is hold onto the games we love, and there is nothing wrong with that. Games are entertainment. We got our fix, and now it's time to move on. Our era in this art form is over. It was fun while it lasted! And I can't be more grateful for the countless hours of joy these pioneering works have given us!

there are good western indie games too

Attached: 112ar.png (500x575, 308K)

the problem is that game devs dont have to try something new because safe types of games have already been established
they dont have to be deep systems anymore
just advertise it as a COOP game and it will sell
just make another call of duty
just make another rust clone
its all stupid

wow, this zoomer is mad

When comparing the best games from the early 2000s to the best games now, the old ones win every time. Cope, zoomer.

Because politics being forced down into our throats by western devs and "censoring" is getting out of hand.
You can easily compare AAA games to Hollywood movies now.

Attached: 15.jpg (1034x514, 110K)

Video games becoming popular is the worst thing that's ever happened to them.

Japanese humor is about as funny as a middle-age plague where your tits or dick are falling off. As in "god this is awful."

autism sims are bigger than ever if you want deep systems
roguelites generally have to innovate to get noticed
game making being accessible means a bunch of unrefined experiments are lying about, like the new game from the Space Funeral guy
people have been making this argument about music since its inception, why do you think "old good new bad" is a meme

That applies to every form of entertainment ever.

Post what you consider good american humor

name good western games from 2019

jackie chan

I don't understand that point of view because the series that are really affected by this all suck with or without the epic gamer tits for epic gamers such as myself.

They reached their peak when the people playing them were also content creators.

People miss the days of the Commodore 64 or the Atari 800XL because that's when people had to actually be somewhat intelligent just to use the fucking things. There was gatekeeping in that fucking retards couldn't just plug shit into a TV and have the intelligence of a fucking labradoodle to use it.

g

All the target demographics are changing. The micro transaction/new game every year cancer spread to far, and then mobile gaming killed everything. Devs are not coming back either, as long as garbage keeps making the money. The market is all addiction driven now, real games take too much resources for far less profit. youtube.com/watch?v=6dR5NDcvm4M

Katana Zero and Baba is You

youtube.com/watch?v=eY3wsYzl3DA

r

Devil Engine.
American made, Japanese published.
To me these are a far more dramatic problem with videogames than the censorship sjw boogeyman.

because your taste is shit

You grew up.

And I don't understand your point, when developer literally says "fuck fans we're going full SJW" it does make the game shittier.
I really tried to like MK11 but I just gave up after seeing leaked female "classic" costumes where they ever covered their necks ffs

FUCK bocchi

I've been playing bloodstained 2 days non-stop.
Kys faggot.

Why is a clothed woman political but a skimpily dressed one apolitical?

They're not all like that yet, but we're coming pretty close. Nintendo still usually puts out 2-3 solid titles a year. Sekiro was great, but not really all that replayable.

The modern AAA formula goes like this:
90% on graphics so that even the wittiest casuals are drawn to it.
10% on some jewish tactics to force people to pay even more than they have.

>B-But where's the gameplay?
What gameplay? You expected actual fun from these titles?

Also, these so-called AAA devs are so inept that they barely get out of their comfort zone to make a game that is not a shooter and don't even try to make something fresh.

Graphics and Microtransactions are a mistake. It's nothing but souless trash.

>skimpy
found the cuckbrain

sounds like you grew up and stopped liking video games anymore user

They aren't. You're just a biased, nostalgia baited retard who nitpicks everything.

Because you have terrible taste in what you play OP

Attached: 1552819708157.png (238x237, 2K)

>katana zero
good game but not finished
>baba is you
I'll try it, thanks
>Devil Engine
Can't even find a torrent of it

Did ATOM RPG launch this year or was that last? Grim Dawn got a new expac that was real fucking good, Wargroove, Days Gone was unironically pretty good after a slow start, Apex Legends, New Toejam and Earl (zoomies will never understand this one), Katana Zero, My Friend Pedro.... Etc

The incremental changes in older games were a lot more noticeable than they are today. I remember being fascinated by the ragdoll physics in the first hitman game, not to mention the ability to hide bodies.

What's the newest game you've enjoyed? For me, it's call of prypiat but shadow of chernobyl was still leagues better

watch szs / joshiraku

thats such a bullshit npc cope argument, im still 20, modern games are just shit, the biggest proof is wow and runescape, players always prefer the older versions over the newer ones

No retort just name calling?
Fuck off brainlet if you can’t respond intelligently

>creative boomers who grew up on classic D&D pushed out
>hack zoomers brought in
>money hungry executives brought in

It's over

Attached: 1558647341655.jpg (654x1024, 142K)

I miss when games were primarily marketed at children. I think that's the biggest difference between then and now. The stuff I grew up with is only made by indies nowadays because AAA devs are under the mistaken impression that I want something different because I'm older. I can appreciate stuff like Resident Evil and Metal Gear more than I could when I was a kid, but big name games usually just don't have the charm that I loved when I grew up, not even Nintendo's new stuff, and it feels like no one takes a risk nowadays. It all started going downhill with the Xbox. Games have been steadily getting worse and worse ever since Halo got big

It's all so tiresome

Bloodstained and dota underlords.

persona 5 was the greatest ps2 game I've ever played.

I wish more games would be developed like that instead of focusing on retarded shit like graphics

legit cant for the life of me think of a single western good game that came out this year

inshallah brother, you tell him

shill meme

No one watches anime for the humor. It's for the cute girls and comfy setting.

Says the farty key poster, one of the most creatively bankrupt tabletops ever made.

because lame people and greedy faggots took over the industry

Sjw's are gay, but the pure addiction format is killing everything. Devs wont make real games anymore, if they can make crappy mobile games for 1/1000th of the cost t and make 3-4X the profit. Classical game development was already nitch, now it's almost a pointless after thought.

Attached: How_do_you_manage_pain_Snake.png (605x451, 373K)

I suggest you at least buy Devil Engine. It's worth its money and good SHMUPS need support in America.

>no retort
Tell me how they are skimpy mr. cuckbrain?
Those are classic outfits and are literally just high-cut swimsuits from 90s. They changed them for no fucking reason, which eliminates the whole point of them being "classic"

games were ruined the moment they became mainstream

>name good western games from 2019
-Wargroove
-Sunless Skies
-Baba is You
-Outer Wilds
-Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
-My Friend Pedro

>all below 90% metacritic rating
not looking good user

>games were ruined the moment they became mainstream

So games were ruined back in the early-to-mid 90s?

>Trusting metacritic.
Oh I understand your problem now. You're a casual pleb.

>metacritic
Desperate for those (you)s, eh user?

cyberpunk 2077 was my last hope
now that it turns out it’s going to be future gta with trannies i’ve been looking for a new hobby

probably doing a lot more /out/ shit in the future

>now that it turns out it’s going to be future gta with trannies i’ve been looking for a new hobby
Maybe spending a little time outside and away from Yea Forums will make you realize how retarded you're being right now

Those are some big milky witch tits

>Sunless Skies
>good
You mean the writing. It needs more of a game.

oh trust me user i wish i was trolling, i wanna enjoy games again, but devs aren't trying because delusional cucks are defending them

this desu i havent bought a game this year since sekiro when is anything good coming out

gameplay is an outdated concept

>I only buy sequels or games from big publishers
>Gosh why aren't games good anymore
kill yourselves

>cucks
Step 1 to improve user's life: He's stops acting like a total faggot

RIP

Same. E3 was super underwhelming too

>he got his hopes up for cyberpunk 2077
Oh my sweet, summer child...
Go play E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy

Some of us do appreciate actual production values you know. I hate having to choose between that and actual fun gameplay

This is how it is in every media industry, blame normalfags for having shit taste.

Bocchi is SO CUTE!!!

so you do admit games suck?

for the same reason modern music is trash:
youtube.com/watch?v=oVME_l4IwII

Too much marketing and formulas. Modern game devs are idiots, who think they know all the tricks and ruin the games with their "tricks". Those games are made to lie to you, to give you the """EPIC""" experience.

Attached: not_a_glitch_just_a_trash_script.webm (636x358, 777K)

Actually true though.

I think most people meant AAA games itt

low effort indie games are part of the problem

what do you want me to admit? you're the one not having fun

But its all I did all my life. I never development any other hobbies. What am I suppose to do with myself now?

You’re arguing semantics
I just want to know why it’s considered political when a developers taste changes?

Did you play the game? I don't want to start that MK11 talk again, it's very tiring.
But there is a certain politic group that started doing hardcore censoring in videogames and MK franchise is their another victim.
>taste changes
oh lol, didn't read to the end
Fuck you retard and your dumb fucking shit, kill yourself you autistic twitternigger.

sjws and feminists

Games today are generally better than 15 years ago. (mostly because of controls and camera)
It's just that the bad games tend to be forgotten quickly, people just remember the good ones from back then.

zoom zoom zoom

>Jews run entertainment industry
>everything moves to digital selling tactics
>consumers retarded enough they will literally buy anything for any price
>everything has to be developed for multiple consoles despite all of them functionally being low-tier laptops on different OSes, cutting into production time and content
>uh oh shitty decade-old hardware can't run a game that big and all our $10 pajeet codemonkeys can't figure out how to make one line of syntax, better just cut as much of it out so it'll run fine on 3 piece of crap consoles and mobile

That's why it's all shit

Baba is the only good game on that list.
The rest are scams or unfinished janky shit

>The rest are scams or unfinished janky shit
Please user, I'd love to see the explanation about how those other games are 'scams' or janky shit. Don't leave me hangin here

Games were better when you were 12

>games developed by more competent people when the industry was new and not automatized
>now games developed by inexperienced people after all the experienced ones have retired or died, no room to learn or grow because it's a full fledged business and relies entirely on connections and marketing over product quality
What what a surprise things change with time and nothing stays the same except greed and lies.

>after all the experienced ones have retired or died
The games industry really isn't old enough for that bud, especially if you consider the 'Golden Age' to be somewhere in the 90s to early 2000s

You're not taking into account the fact everyone back then was already fairly old to middle age on top of being fat and lazy. Plus the industry has gotten a massive turn-over rate ever since it started operating like Hebrewwood

What the ever loving fuck is this image trying to convey

>operating like Hebrewwood
A lot of Hollywood is properly unionized, so there isn't all that much burnout in the industry there

Play indie games.
>Mordhau
>Bloodstained
>Rise to Ruins
>Kenshi
>Hollow Knight
>Risk of Rain 2

all came out at least semi recently and are all good video games.

if you're just here to shitpost about jews can't you go somewhere else

Those unions are beyond worthless in most cases, you should know. You spend about $500 a year to be in them and they do jack shit and let big names roll right over you. Stop paying and then they get into action to guarantee you get fucked.

I guarantee to you that there is no possible way in the universe you will stop seeing me bitching about Jews here ever.

what's so hard to understand? Are you sub80 IQ monkey or something?

so you dont know either?

there's a whole board dedicated to your political views

I asked you a question nigger

So what is it trying to show? Necks and shoulders?

Because casuals have shit taste and they outnumber us 20 to 1.

Once you've played the essential vidya you've played them all. Modern games are just copies of old games but with better graphics

There's a whole site too, and I'm on it right now talking to you.

Attached: 1559785368309.webm (584x620, 1.45M)

difference between old classic costumes, original costumes and new 2019 costumes.

moron.

Worst when your favorite franchise is half-dead and keep getting raped over and over by devs.

Attached: strong.jpg (1904x2532, 1.93M)

but nothing changed except she shows even more skin in the most modern version.

Name a single video game character who can defeat the bocc

Attached: 60962032_140821443660828_5647554732734738401_n.jpg (480x480, 29K)

Same reason TV sucks. To much money in it. The VAST majority of big budget games cater to the lowest common denominator. Few risk are taken.

Attached: 1467652545539.png (332x405, 136K)

right is the most modern version.

>Spiderman
>Tekken 7
>Mortal Kombat 11
>Doom
>Nier Automata
>Undertale
>Lisa
>Bayonetta 2
>Devil May Cry 5
>Resident Evil VII
>Ratchet and Clank
>Even God of War, despite having a meh gameplay, is still good
Idk what are you complaining about

>muh money
Fiat currency doesn't matter, there's no capital behind it. They use it in order to goad and herd social pressures to gain political powers. Read up on the Panic of 1907.

there hasn't been a good game since 2003

all shit except tekken

not an argument

Original Stronghold had such a timeless look. Still looks incredible. Same with games like Cossacks or Desperados

I can't

Attached: 1560270233233.png (790x692, 791K)

I heard Cossacks 3 is alright?

>bamham vision
>open world
>rpg elements
>rogue like
>cutsie pixel art platformer
There is cool new shit coming out but seems like every game is following a formula. Open world as a trend is especially cancerous.

>stop having fun
What's your favorite game, user?

If we define modern as since 2013, we are still left with a fairly good selection of games
>Factorio
>Subnautica
>Hitman 2(018)
>Pathologic 2
>Hollow Knight
>Breath of the Wild
>Nier: Automata
>Bloodborne
>Wither 3
>Guilty Gear Xrd
>Arms
>Gravity Rush 2
>SMT4
>Splatoon
>Shovel Knight
>Insurgency

>Since Sekiro
Cry me a fucking river mate. I've been waiting a lot longer for a good game.

Attached: 1558496810430.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Didn't his widow try and cash in on his death with a sketchy kickstarter?

Attached: 1362777900139.gif (175x177, 463K)

post 30 second of you playing all thoses games

BOCCHI I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND PLS DONT CRY

>Arms
>good

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun was pretty nice. Cant wait for Desperados 3

"It gets good after 20 hours"

Attached: 61632738_857046194672565_8056801767715573472_n.jpg (480x480, 23K)

tiem

Attached: 5.jpg (949x1918, 801K)

Attached: 6.jpg (948x4229, 1.47M)

Attached: 7.jpg (948x5452, 1.51M)

Attached: 8a.jpg (948x4112, 1.43M)

Attached: 8b.jpg (948x3127, 1006K)

>Wargroove
Big yIIkes my dude

>he hasn't played Days Gone

Attached: episode-image-320x180.jpg (320x180, 25K)

Attached: 9.jpg (948x3801, 1.23M)

Attached: 10.jpg (948x4032, 1.33M)

Attached: 11a.jpg (948x3356, 1.47M)

Liberal politics in games is what 100% ruined them. Try to debate this.
Pro tip: You can't

Attached: 1560728357617.jpg (1025x1280, 140K)

Attached: 11b.jpg (948x3725, 1.49M)

Attached: 12a.jpg (948x3886, 1.37M)

Attached: 12b.jpg (948x5966, 1.46M)

Anytime now, mods.

Attached: 13.jpg (948x2578, 798K)

Attached: 14.jpg (948x5000, 1.39M)

Define modern

Because modern people are trash.

Attached: H6qV20F.jpg (700x685, 123K)

Attached: 15.jpg (948x5748, 1.45M)

>league
>csgo
>new

Attached: 1547890792595.jpg (278x319, 52K)

This, OP will love today's games in 2030

is this it? shit ending

You could just put soldiers on the right as well, what a shit image.

Amid Evil
Mordhau
Three Chinkdoms

that image is a perfect example of cherrypicking. also, dying in wars so the rich can benefit isn't as glorious as it seems

Amid Evil is horrible trash, not interested in MP only games and not interested in total war games

>Subnautica
Dios mio...

Attached: unternautica.jpg (1855x1035, 298K)

>microtransactions
>politics
>trannies
>sjws
>censorship
is fun even allowed anymore?

Attached: D9qSx53VUAEP0kO.png (504x662, 336K)

last time i played subnautica i had a stable 20 fps, what a great game instant refund

>that pic

Attached: 11asd33.jpg (242x208, 7K)

>cargo cultist waifunigger is afraid of games that require some brain cells and effort to play
Lmao git gut weeb cunt.

Attached: 1537691361269.png (307x437, 41K)

Of course not, bigoted racist scum!

Attached: 1561236100404.png (2492x1956, 2.29M)

Mods, do your fucking job.

Attached: IMG_0894.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Hot opinion circa 2004 my dude
Just because there will always be someone who profits from war doesn't mean that's it isn't sometimes necessary or beneficial
"Muh dying for x" is just a coward's excuse

>mentally ill people have bad takes
im honestly not surprised

>mentally ill people also run said industry

Attached: 1560793622922.png (1242x2208, 1.08M)

I’m not a fan of FF so I can’t really comment on the tits themselves but the backlash did seem like an overreaction.

weekly updates

Nah, I never played FF7 and even I know Tifa because of her big tits.

how is it worse than feminists complaining about women wearing too much clothes?, these people are bunch of hypocrites

because you're a weeb faggot

I will try Baba out and have already Pedro installed.
It's pretty pathetic still, 2 average games from multi-million(billion?) industry in 6 months?

>players' money are wasted on some ETHICS DEPARTMENT
>overreaction
Nigga that's literal motherfucking embezzlement.

persona q2 had some good music and that just came out, theres still hope

war in general is gay af

this except unironically, but only on the southern hemisphere for some reason

remember that period where video games just kept getting better and better? where each new "great" game connected with audiences more effectively, rewarded them more completely, while at the same time challenging them? They had to put a stop to that because most people couldn't compete. as competition is opression. So now large developers have ethics departments to ensure video game development never again oppresses people.

Attached: 1561159804993.gif (960x540, 613K)

WA HA HA

I just hope that hysteria will go away soon, because it stopped being funny a long time ago.

>DOOM
>dark souls
>titfanfall
>hollow knight
>Deltarune
>Cyberpunk 2077
>Witcher 3 except for the lack of a stamina bar
>Breath of the Wild
>Uncharted and God of War for ps4 might be a bit slower than some of these other entries but to call them trash is a blatant lie and you know it
>Mordhau
suck my cock OP you retarded whiny boomer

Attached: Spoiler Image.jpg (100x100, 3K)

libtards

its never going to go away, because mediocrity is more lucrative over the long term than greatness.

Nako is the best.

Attached: 1538349809322.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

>Doom
I didn't like it. It felt like a tech demo with stupid gimmicks on top.
>Dark souls
Already old
>Titanfall
Old
>hollow knight
Couldn't get past artstyle and how clunky and unresponsive character's movement feels.
>Deltarune
who?
>Cyberpunk 2077
not out yet
>Witcher 3
Good game, except for combat. Couldn't finish DLC.
>Breath of the Wild
Don't own the switch
>Uncharted and God of War
piss
>Mordhau
Not a fan of MP-only games.

Cool Bocc!

>Bloodstained
>great

kill yourself faggot

Nothing lasts forever.
Even giants like EA and Actiblizzard started t

in order for the mediocrity plague to end, the number of people making video games would have to drop by around 99%. The mediocrity plague is specifically constructed to ensure the margins of video games remain steady for the rest of time.

t. angry FIFA player

Because they started focusing on giant movie tier stories to make s o ys cry and instead of art styles they 4d scan in ugly as fuck actors.

>league, csgo , pubg
Is it 2014 again?

Attached: 1558034599589.gif (560x420, 175K)

I was talking about trend of putting shitty written female protags and niggers everywhere and also covering every female in several layers of clothes.
Mediocrity always were and always will be the bane of humanity. Just like stupidity.

I don't get the people that say shit like "why is all modern X trash?"
Clearly you're not looking that hard, especially in the games music or TV industry, if you think that. Good things that cater to you exist in every industry, some people just have to put forth effort to find it, whether it's anime, games, music, whatever.
Is it just a bait question to make people reply? It's always accompanied by a sad anime girl picture too.

Attached: 155258578721.png (463x492, 179K)

Fifa stopped being good in 2002. After that they went for realism and the game play have only gotten worse.

Are all modern games trash? Or do you look up a game on Yea Forums and adopt whatever opinion people have and make it your own?

So I was right

Attached: spook.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

There's good games in both the Japanese and western industries though

Attached: 97832789.png (400x400, 56K)

Agreed. The Japanese are too serious and shameful to be funny

3dpd

that trend won't end either, because its a feedback loop.

audience penetration is down everywhere because everyone has an ocean of options. so test marketing has taken a firm hold over all content creation, because it seems to be an effective method to determine what will and won't be successful, without any guesswork or risk. Test marketing, F O R - C O M P L E T E L Y - U N K N O W A B L E - R E A S O N S, keeps indicating that, no matter what, someone won't like something. So content creators have to pick and choose who to anger. Since all the old audiences seem to be losing interest anyway, they choose to appease audiences that haven't been deeply penetrated yet. When their attempts fail to produce results, they assume the reason is because they didn't try hard enough to pander to these new audiences. So they double down for the next attempt. So on, so forth.

Attached: 1561168614165.webm (400x486, 100K)

lolifags are the worst desu

There's plenty of interesting and fun stuff especially at the less expensive >indie end of the scale where developers aren't scared of straying off the beaten path because their budget is gigantic and they need to make guaranteed returns.

>no one watches anime for the humor
Is this what animeonlies are like?

Attached: 8417804187941798.png (1920x1080, 924K)

unironically have sex

based

here's a hot take:

I don't want to be catered to. I want something new that I didn't already know I wanted.

If you want to cater to me, you'd need to make a rape dungeon simulator with prostituting, slave resale, or living furniture/onahole production, with detailed graphics/gameplay on all levels (capturing/acquiring, training, selling, etc) with success and fail states at every point and a shifting meta that prevents complacency.

I give you a simple reason why.
Everyone is jumping the SJW ship now because they get approval of loud minority and think they are "innovating" and also in delusion that it will give them more profit.
After realizing that they are not making profit they will try to "innovate" backwards.
Despite what twitter mob says most of the people don't give a fuck about politics or SJWs and see censoring or niggers/shoehorned female protags as something negative.

Then look for something new.

ITT: assblasted redditors who want to scream about muh politics without realizing the real reason why modern vidya is so shit

Attached: 1529339948873.jpg (1600x900, 124K)

every time I look for something new, I find the same old shit.

But a lot of new games are good? Baba is you, mario and rabids, smash ultimate, crash remakes, wargroove, cadence of hyrule, we even got a new larry

That's basically what I just said. The "completely unknowable reason," (read: the only part of that post you were able to read) is a reference to the fact you can't please everyone all the time. Which seems to have been completely forgotten since test marketing took over.

>Doom
Not a bad game but filled with some zoomer mechanics and shit like the fight arenas that are lazy game design which should be shameful in the new installment of Doom of all series.
>Dark Souls
The last game is already years old and everyone and their mother has played them by now
>Titanfall
Dead as fuck and the very definition of wasted potential because of its scale
>Hollow Knight
Everyone played this shit to death already
>deltarune
These games are more focused on their quirky story than having good gameplay, there's nothing wrong with that, but if someone is looking for something to play this shit is really fucking dry unless your idea of entertainment in a videogame is mostly reading funny text boxes.
>Cyberpunk
Not fucking out yet
>Witcher
Another game where the moment to moment gameplay is kind of shit but its the story that takes the main stage
>Breath of the wild
>switch
>Uncharted and nuGoW
Objectively shit games that are the pinnacle of the sony cinematic experience stereotype. Granted more buttonpressing than stuff like deltarune but its fucking dull uninteresting shit with no mechanical depth and all the epic gamer footage of these games is showing off shitty magnetized animations and braindead ai.
>Mordhau
Good for a couple dozen hours while you're learning the mechanics but then you start to see the blatant cracks in the game's design and the patches show how completely out of touch the devs are with the problems in the game. Nerf Executioner stab everything is fixed now small indie company please understand here's some painted chest pieces that look like garbage.

Why didn't you mention Monster Hunter World?

Learn to express yourself better.

>get called on illiteracy
>attack the literature

>Titanfall
>old
retarded
>Hollow Knight
>the unresponsive meme
>hating the art style
shitter with shit taste
>not knowing deltarune
should have just said your thread was bait
kys shitposter

falseflag

It's true.
Nowadays a lot of money is involved in modern games, which means companies take less risks, thus creativity suffers and their games tend to become soulless cash grabs that try to appeal to every single person on the planet

>why are all modern games trash?
Because as the market grew and the mainstream started to look and infiltrate gaming, companies began forcing developers to change their design philosophy to cater to the mass market. Thus we have lackluster, boring, bland, casual, 85IQ room temperature "games" we have today.

This thread reminded me why I don't come to Yea Forums.

Attached: 834892348423.png (432x648, 611K)

dummy

U mad bruh?

Imagine raping Bocchi and making her a single mother.

dont play league anymore. its a game for masochist insectoids.
got into fighting games. here and there a few matrches in mtg arena. and bloodstained. when there are no good games i just go back and play my favorites. there really is no need to eat up ubisoft garbage or any of this AAA diarhea.

yet they still manage to slip a bit of politics in their videogames, see - a hat in time.

He was listing good games

Attached: copenintendies.jpg (685x587, 151K)

>You have to be a nincel to hate World

I'm happy playing old games. I've got nothing to worry about, for now.
I bet in the future they're going to ban old games from legal stores in order to force every gamer in the world to buy their gambling and microtransaction stained "games".

>implying World is not a great game

Attached: rundown.jpg (468x582, 64K)

Nah

tell me why you hate it then

Attached: eerew.jpg (900x900, 38K)

wanna know why?
Because of the epic gamers , they claped at every shit the big videogame company throw at them and that videogame company notice that they could give the gamers Shit in a present box and they would like it.

So we got unfinished games , DLC on day 1 , loot boxes and the same game over and over with a few graphical change (for example COD , battlefield , fallout from 3 and on)

its not like the old game didnt came all finished and pulished , old games from the Snes years also came incomplete with game breaking bugs and with shit gameplay but others ones came without bugs and welll polished (wich are the known games to this day and time from said old consoles)

Tbh even epic gaymerss got tired of bullshit publishers and devs are trying to pull off all the time.

bump to see if this fag ever responds

because you keep playing western shit

this year was amazing for japanese games. and kinda sad this is a top games only otherwise i would had bloodstained in here too

Attached: 2019.png (1669x1300, 761K)

I know for a fact that fps games were OBJECTIVELY better back in the 2000's. Better single player map designs, less visual noise, no trannies, more skill based arena style shooters

thats a FACT, modern fps games make me want to VOMIT

What was up with that casino chapter though? Felt like half the VA recording was used and feels rushed. This shit better get dark as fuck. I liked P3 the best because the characters had something bonding them together, rather than it being "superfun everyone loves each other so we can sell more dancing games" type shit P5 is

>>Spiderman
>>Tekken 7
>>Mortal Kombat 11
>>Doom
>>Nier Automata
>>Bayonetta 2
>>Devil May Cry 5
>>Resident Evil VII
>>Ratchet and Clank
>>Even God of War,
>Hitman 2(018)
>Pathologic 2
>Breath of the Wild
>Bloodborne
>Wither 3
>Guilty Gear Xrd
>Gravity Rush 2
>SMT4
>Insurgency
The earlier games are all vastly superior to these sequels.

>Factorio
>Subnautica
Autist puzzle shit, I might've had fun with them if I was a kid but I'm not.

>Hollow Knight
>Shovel Knight
These games are fucking bad compared to older 2D platformers and you know it.

>Splatoon
You're only playing it because you think the girls are cute.

not him but i played it and it seems like a very repetitive/grindy game, and the story is what ever, looks like its only good with friends imo

Here's your masterpiece, bro

Attached: 093546.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Will FF7 be fun?

Looked almost like ME2 levels of gameplay. Not sure if want, definitely not paying full price.