Character design changes drastically with each sequel

>Character design changes drastically with each sequel
What others games besides zelda do this too?

Attached: 1553799212839.jpg (2048x1320, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VLR5oWt5tjw
m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PK07
youtube.com/watch?v=DvkH4kb2eGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In 10 more years Ash will be completely black.

Botw link really is the sm ash of zelda

Did Ash get nose cancer in Sun and Moon?

He only dresses differently

Damn does Ash really look like this?

Attached: ash.jpg (368x367, 101K)

what the fuck happened in SM?

Attached: 1410794665733.png (248x262, 9K)

Rayman

Attached: rayman design evolution.png (318x159, 4K)

doesn't even become the champion or very best

Attached: 1218073241658.jpg (750x600, 49K)

So is Ash getting older at all, or is he still 10? Is each season just an alternate reality?

Hes always canon 10.

Sun and Moon is the best the anime has ever been. Prove me wrong. Pro tip: you can't

OS is still better.
SM is pretty good though

>still watching pokemon
What are you, Stupid?

I'm pretty sure he was 11 by the time the Black/White anime rolled in.

New, more expressive and freeform art direction. It looks wonky in stills but it's way better than the classic Ash in motion.

Diamond and pearl was my favourite without a doubt

No it doesn't

Wtf was his problem?

Attached: Paul_DP.png (200x400, 20K)

just make the whole iris black like before, it's too thin to fit a pupil in there anyway

Digimon

Sun&Moon is the only drastic change, though. Otherwise he mostly just changes outfits.

He's still trying his best to become the very best.

Attached: cuuuuuute.jpg (640x480, 38K)

>tfw your best after all these years only amounts to mediocrity

Attached: 1546635020215.jpg (641x700, 89K)

No, they had an art style change to suit the new direction the series took. SM is actually really well done.

Attached: 1550657110523.jpg (1264x1350, 369K)

OG cel colored Ash > D&P Ash > XYZ Ash > rest

it's barely been over a year in canon

They made the series more focused on comedy and made the designs more wobbly to have more fluid movement.

right looks like beaner ms paint fanart

XY was far superior.

Is the right actual art? Holy shit. Left looks perfect.

Imagine one last season where he comes back to his first region, using all his old favorites again, and he not only wins the league but he also gets together with Misty.

Imagine something that will never happen.

Attached: 1559856106741.jpg (1226x400, 128K)

Right might look better if it had the context of a background. Just saiyan.

So they are going to the old artstyle now that sun and moon is done?
Good.

Attached: PokemonMewtwo_personajes_diseno-1174x500.jpg (1174x500, 110K)

WHY ARE HIS ARMS MOVED SO FAR UP FUCK

They changed the art style and made EVERY character look worse compared to the Black and White redesign.

Attached: Blast_off.png (1280x720, 856K)

I CAN'T STAND IT

Attached: angeryertodd.jpg (680x719, 39K)

Pic relatedhnas no background context bullshit or whatever you mean yet still looks a million times better.

Attached: Shintani Goku.jpg (640x792, 90K)

>Slowly becomes more and more square over time

Attached: 1554641105527.png (500x673, 299K)

Attached: remake.jpg (1260x1023, 478K)

Dub error, I think.

what race is brock? Ainu?

Attached: 1556218461533.jpg (1056x1056, 181K)

2>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Make a SpongeBob game todd

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 706K)

The fuck,. she's even flatter then in her SM incarnation...

Attached: Misty SM.gif (250x265, 1.52M)

Attached: 1559805668189.jpg (1920x4208, 1.31M)

Digital takes the life out of everything. The early movies for DBZ are some of the best shit ever if you want soul.

Okinawan

are any kids shows hand drawn any more? arthur looks like a shitty flash animation

Attached: arthur.png (2048x1367, 1.98M)

Attached: 22c.png (212x218, 83K)

You can see how every time a bit more of his souls got sucked out.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Attached: 1553709846129.jpg (1298x1011, 299K)

Nope, that's just the style for the alternate universe movies (I Choose You! & The Power of Us.)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

>the last time Goku looked good was '92

The fact that this movie's CGI looks like generic Korean/Chinese shit will never not bother me, specially when we know Japan have studios that can make excellent looking CGI like Square, Marza Animation Planet, Digital Frontier, and I shit you not, Toei Animation.

Brock is the only good looking character out of all these three.

Attached: evolution of Guts.jpg (1185x2054, 686K)

Sun and Moon is easily the best the series has been for over a decade now.
Cope you retarded naysayers who have never even bothered to watch a clip of it.

>tfw currently playing Emerald for the first time

Toriyama's late DB/early DBZ art is underrated

Attached: 1528582030831.png (540x295, 297K)

Bye sooooon

Are such jawline gains achievable natty?

Attached: Nice+_6aebc2dbaeeb82a9d28daf688a3d2f93.jpg (233x218, 26K)

Well he is outdide like ALL THE TIME

Yeah, the right one is the one from DBSuper and the movies

Amazing game if you ask me. You can kind of finish it with one Pokemon if you want to since you can catch a level 70 Rayquaza later on but if you want a well-rounded team some of the fights become quite annoying like the 6th gym leader. Don't let that Altaria get off more than one dragon dance.
It's a pretty great game and still feels at least somewhat difficult to me. Definitely one of the more challenging pre-gen 6 games.

Its just the scene they usually sit lower

Attached: IMG-2669.png (1200x1200, 56K)

You mean '87
The idiot act doesn't translate into adulthood well.

Attached: 1561229168274.png (1226x2167, 3.05M)

Source

bad photo of new Leon, he's top QT

I honestly think 1/CE remake is the best design. The helmet looks more imposing than the slightly too round Halo 2 and onwards helmet.

Attached: MC-through-the-years.jpg (1152x684, 542K)

that's a devolution

Pokiemen - Futa League

I like the idea that misty is some sort of predator who is completely inept and neet tier. Think tomoko tier

Attached: comparison.png (1280x840, 1.18M)

Left does look like shit but it's also unfair to compare TV animation to a movie
Toei only ever gives half a fuck about their art quality for movies and PreCure

>futa

What a fag

Attached: 1554683284904.jpg (372x294, 20K)

>CEA
>good
Halo 3 chief is the best

>Even though the movie tells Ash's story from the beggining but with a different path, they still gave him the current attitude instead of sassy Ash Ketchum
I should've expected it since the OG writers are long gone, but it still sucked.

Attached: 1518363030630.png (277x462, 231K)

are you a wizard
>just beat 6th gym leader and first time I've ever whited out because her Altaria fucked my anus
I normally play through these games with one Pokemon but I've been kinda sorta barely trying to get a team going and plan to toward the end, depending on what I need. Right now though I just have a 46 Swampert, 39 Manectric, and a 30 Pelipper as far as anything actually leveling worth shit.

>XY was ba-

Attached: 1464466456817.webm (720x405, 2.88M)

Don't forget
>new movies still have to shill the newest legendaries because muh marketing
>thus, even though they're supposed to be reboots, they still have shit like Marshadow and Zeraora shoved in for literally no reason

Christ, I can't even describe how they sucked the soul out of cell's face.

>Muh cels
Mob Psycho 100 shits on literally every DB fight.

Puyo's designs are always interesting in that you can see what each main artist working the games brings as they're removed/rejoining the devteam.

Attached: amitedesigns_v2.png (3318x2197, 2.73M)

>idolshit

Attached: 1464072050039.gif (336x200, 758K)

yes it does

4's design looks alright, but it bugs the fuck out of me that the armor suddenly changed drastically with no real explanation

JUST

Is it sad I could tell this is futa just by the stylization?

It has the best waifus, but the plot is absolute garbage.

Rewatching Diamond/Pearl on twitch, I realize Paul was just a slightly edgy kid who minded his own business. Ash and the others literally would block his way and talk to him even if he was busy doing something. They'd get mad and say hes an asshole

>Are you a wizard
I just know the games inside out
Pelipper as HM slave, I guess? Hariyama nukes one or two of the elite 4 depending on your setup. Slaking only attacks once every two turns but the stats make up for it. You could also go for a Gardevoir. There's a lot of great Pokemon in the region.
Bonus points if you don't use any legendary. Gym 7 and beyond is kind of a joke if you ask me. Only the elite 4 pose a threat depending on how well-rounded your team is.

Vol. 4 is the best desu

SM used a completely new animation style and adjusted character designs to match their tech. It allows for a lot more freeform motion, the human characters are now as animated as the Pokemon. It looks really goofy sometimes, but it works well in motion.

Do Red/Blue count as Ash/Gary iterations?

Attached: ashvsgary2.webm (720x405, 2.87M)

No, almost everything is drawn in this shitty flash artstyle with tweening animations and shit. I watch some stuff with my 5yr old nephew, and it fucking hurts.

Attached: file.png (1600x487, 1.56M)

Budget cuts had to fire some in between frame staff. Imagine early db super but for a whole season.

>We want idolshit money
Wow Pokemon sunken low

No it doesn't

Attached: file.png (487x344, 271K)

they felt threatened by yokai watch and went full baby mode

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Anything after DP is trash.

I think his Infinite design is best. Looks like 3's design but with CE's coloring.

Attached: 1560117281_859776_1560117425_noticia_normal-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 67K)

everything on the left is literal perfection
>inb4 nostalgia
look at those fucking colors and lines, fucking hell if eyes could cum i'd be crying gallons of semen right about now

They choose a simple style for better and more expressive animation.

Haha, _no

Attached: 1552027414210.jpg (800x800, 138K)

Well Pelipper was the first I caught way early on when I started out (as its first form, of course) and I planned to keep it around for Fly so I threw the Exp Share on him as I didn't know about Zigzagoon at the time. I've since (just recently as well) caught a Zig and a Tentacool for HM slavery.

I'm not sure on what my final loadout for Swampert should be. I already have Earthquake he'll actually evolve into Swampert next level since I Everstone'd him for early Quake and I was thinking Ice Beam but no idea what else. I'll probably get a conglomerate of ideas from google and go from there

I was so disappointed with Alpha Sapphire when I played it. It felt nothing like Emerald's adventure where you set off and go. ORAS really highlighted what I dislike about gen 6 games and after. There were more cutscenes that you couldn't mash A through because of the animations. For example, that guy with the flygon who gives you garchompite has a cutscene of him just walking around with barely any actual dialogue. This is just a waste of time. Don't even get me started on the free healing and teleportation

Dante from the Devil May Cry series, but than again all the characters in that series get redesigns in every entry

Attached: 1535408097328.png (1386x610, 1.25M)

>Slowly becoming a cute brown boy
Based

Ducktales afaik, at least some parts of it.

Attached: Ducktales.webm (852x480, 1.35M)

Post Red/Ash cropped smutt

His helmet looks fantastic but I'd say he's a tad too angular. Some extra greebles/detail on his shoulderpads wouldn't hurt either. Still a marked improvement from his H4 design.

You can't go wrong with Earthquake, Ice Beam, Surf and a coverage move of your choice. Brick Break for example. Your favourites should work great. Breloom for example absolutely wrecks the elite 4. If you wanna go full autism you could try to get a Salamence before the elite 4 as well but training it to level 50 is annoying.

2's Outfit >>>> the rest

that is not a futa that is a tamed ash

The new one looks generic but the original looks like fucking trash so I don't even know which one is worse.

You're actually a retard. SM was the best animation the series ever had.

>>
SM is the only one that looks drastically different from the others.

Ash and Gary are Red and Blue. They're essentially just different spins on each character. It's like they're opposite to their game counterparts in some ways. Ash is a total retard and an incapable trainer while Red is the Kanto league champion and known as a genius pioneer trainer. Blue and Gary are more similar but Blue seems to have a tougher time beating Red than Gary has beating Ash.

youtu.be/VLR5oWt5tjw

Attached: file.png (960x665, 1.07M)

>SM was the best
>You're retarded
You're not making sense. If you like it good for you.

You're probably right, but I'd imagine they're weary of going overboard with detail, seeing as that's kind of what fucked up the H4 design and what made everything in H5 look like a shitty evangelion.

I miss sassy Ash so much.
He just hasn't been the same since OS. I guess I could include AG in that. DP onward he's been pretty family friendly. XY was the peak of this, he's regained a bit of his attitude in SM.

I want to put my dick into every single thing in that webm.

the artist is a black woman

Man I wish they didn't give the triplets shitty not-30-year-old voices that are in every show now.
The high voices disney used to have for them were grating but charming.

What actually happened is that Alola couldn't properly support a "normal" series, since there's no real traveling involved and the island challenge is inherently incompatible with the anime as a long term goal, so they had to retool the entire series as a pure comedy. In SM you can go 10 - 20 episodes without any battling. It'll likely go back to normal with the Galar anime.

>Sun and Moon

Attached: 1428765163855.jpg (600x450, 78K)

Were you trying to say based or bad, because I could see either perspective right now.

Frankly I've never found the Pokémon anime's designs very appealing. The long eyes really ruin them for me.

You're generally right but Super Broly is a movie filled to the brim with soul. It was so good they fired the lead animation director of Super for the animation director of that movie for when Super comes back.

I think there's a decent number of shows that are digital but not Flash tweening stuff but I may only know of them because they're the stuff that stands out enough for me to look at them for more than a few seconds.

Attached: Broly Ragdoll.webm (540x302, 2.74M)

Gen 7 is the one generation I never replayed because holy shit it's a glorified corridor simulator.
>take 5 steps
>"hey, glad you're here, please go there next"
>all other routes are blocked off
>go there
>somebody talks to you
>"oh boy good job doing what we told you to do, now do this please"
>repeat
It's so fucking horrible. You can't get sidetracked, lost or blocked. The games force you down their selected path more so than any other game. It's ridiculous.

Attached: file.png (506x625, 726K)

>has contests in the show
>no contests in the game
What were they thinking?

Attached: luxray is sad.gif (268x200, 1.51M)

Attached: 580f32ef2ccd1afaac3219487e8448d1.jpg (336x430, 87K)

Except for the last few, Guts is getting older and put through more shit as the comic went on so the change is kinda okay.
The last few look like manga versions of the 3D animated movies though

Mortal Kombat

Do you have the webm of Broly punching Freeza's shit in?

They clearly had no clue what they were going to do with Serena outside of her crush gimmick for a long time

i miss when goku looked like he could actually pack a punch, instead of now where his only visual power-up is a hair color change (and in some cases his muscles actually SHRINK)

Attached: wtf.gif (245x204, 605K)

Has nothing to do with how shitty futa is

Tony Redgrave outfit > DMC2 Diesel outfit > costless DMC1 outfit > Coatless DMC5 >>> the rest

Attached: 6e86d4a441084df2d872063f5902dfdb.jpg (316x479, 33K)

They fucking liposucked Pikachu's soul.

Looks like gen7 were your first pokemon games
SM felt like open world compared to the first bw corridors, and it's not like second bw map was any better
At least in sm on each island you had location you could explore where you weren't by quest

>You're generally right but Super Broly is a movie filled to the brim with soul
Yeah, that movie was fucking perfect. At a certain point, it literally just does nothing but have Broly shitkick everything around him for like 30 minutes. It was everything I wanted from a Broly movie, green saiyan glows and making him canon. Fuck yeah.

>Old good new bad!

Reminder Ash sucks so bad he couldn't beat a Chizard with a water type.

user I've played the series for a very long time. Started in like 2003 with Ruby, played every entry since then on release and SM were easily the weakest entries along with XY.

>Gen 7 is the one generation I never replayed
Same here. Liked all the previous gens even xy, which I've replayed twice. I cannot go back to gen 7 though. Mallow makes me diamonds though

Attached: 1549837660.png (190x159, 4K)

Year or not he had plenty of opportunities throughout it all and fell flat faced everytime. Ash is a shitty protagonist anyway, kids only give a shit about pikachu

Sure you did...

Attached: CAE3DB1E-E72A-4E05-8E78-0FA2A5E39EDD.jpg (1200x1800, 344K)

>Sadly this

umk3>>>>>all

gay
MK2011>MKvsDC>MKD>MKSM>MK3>MKD>MKA>MK2>MKM>MK1>MK4>MKX

Attached: HunterChad.png (1670x794, 628K)

mobile really does suck the soul out of everything

Jesus the Right side literally looks like vomit

Attached: 1547618963681.jpg (500x373, 77K)

The bottom one is male too, isn't it

Shes ten pedo

What is this from?

You must be new here

That's so painfully realistic that I'm sad I never realized it. Good on the anime for allowing kids to accept the crushing weight of reality through pocket monsters.

He is older than 10
m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PK07
In this short they celebrate the 1 year anniversary of ash and Pikachu meeting. Which means he has aged at least 1 year

Ash should wear this cap only in Championships and finally win..

>Makes it to the league everytime
>Makes it to the top 16/8/4/2
He ain't a champion but he sure as hell ain't mediocre.

Because it's animated in Canada and all Canadian animation uses ToonBoom which is like Flash, but designed for making animated shows. 6teen, TDI and Ruby Gloom for example are made with it.

That's made with their own in-house animation program which basically works like ToonBoom. That Paperman short they did a few years back was their debut of it.

the constant onions face ruined it

They turned his cheeks sideways

Pokémon is animated with ToonBoom iirc, and they handanimate all that shit.

The hell happened with SM?

None are that different other than SM and slightly XY.

far right is literally symbol drawing

underage leave
or stop spewing every meme word you see just to try to fit in

They all seem fine except the latest one. None of the new cartoons look any good. Somehow they all look exactly the same.

Why would they use shitty cel-shaded cgi?

Format of the show changed. Instead of Ash/Satoshi traveling from island to island to do the Island Trials and defeat the Kahunas like in the games, he instead goes to 'The Pokemon School' to learn to become a better trainer under Professor Oak's cousin Samson. His classmates are the the first few trial captains from the games (Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles, Lana). The animation changed to allow more fluid movement for human characters, and the comedy aspects played up. The SW/SH anime will probably go back to the same old shtick though

Attached: rFkeMst.png (951x1228, 538K)

im not the one watching children's cartoons

Why does sun and moon ash look like a spic

You stupid or something?

>several regions-worth of experience
>still get sent to babby school
ah dun geddeh

The movie was great and looked great most of the time but there was a sequence where everything looked like cheapish 3D animation? Wasn't terrible but not as good as the rest. I have no idea what that was about.

Super yeah, but the Broly movie uses a completely different design.

God I love Drowsy hypo doujins. I have a hard time finding them on Ex though

Being the best is politically incorrect didn’t you know that we’re all equal?

Add it to the pile

Attached: 1559671900531.png (802x892, 1.04M)

Some are more equal than others.

That's not even the worst part. They retconned the entire series before SM to have taken place over a SINGLE YEAR
Look harder

Attached: ZovWK8G.jpg (1023x1323, 241K)

She was ten at the beginning of gen 1 how the fuck is she still ten now?

They really fucked Archimonde. Almost as bad as the WoW model

Attached: 1486862160809.png (600x278, 262K)

Both are good and better than the Steam version

>SM has a league
Can't wait to see how he loses
Only problem I got is that 3D ruined some bits
Was better than RoF's but still

Attached: 1560257034338.gif (600x446, 3.14M)

old/oldless

No one knows.
They were already regularly doing traditional animation for precure transformations, so it was probably a bad direction call.

Pokemon Origins is unironically the last Pokemon thing I remember being excited for. I'd also argue that it's the last good Pokemon in any medium.
It's a shame they didn't make one for Gens 2/3. Just so I don't have to deal with KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posting when talking about it.

they knew exactly what they were doing

Attached: file.png (1214x480, 825K)

Attached: file.png (1019x480, 773K)

So what happened after SM anyways? Why did they decide to go back to the old style?

-d

Attached: herp fight.webm (480x270, 2.9M)

>1 1/2 to 2 months of getting your ass kicked in competitions
Last one was for a kanto pandering movie

Attached: file.png (1280x1280, 2.88M)

Ruby Gloom was great

>devolution
Rayman 3 is PEAK rayman. Origins and Legends take after that design you homofag

imagine unironically watching an anime made for toddlers

2 is best

Based

What's even going on with Pokemon movies right now? Galar is happening soon and instead of a 90 minute commercial for some mysterious new legendary they're remaking Mewtwo Strikes Back. What about 2020 and onward? Will they go back to the original universe or stick to the alternate one they made?

Attached: MV5BM2Y5NzBkZTMtMzE0OS00Y2MyLWI3MjMtNmQ0MTQ3YjlmMzA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzEyMDQ1MDA@._V1_.jpg (860x484, 374K)

Personally I like 4 the most. 1 has a lot of soul, but I'll never get over the boxing glove hands.

Not sure why you'd say bad then post a really hype ass webm

Oh no, they fell for the calarts disease

Attached: 1496305138554.jpg (500x248, 41K)

I really liked that movie.

Attached: 1560314934696.png (740x740, 166K)

that just hows how the background was an extension of the character, it's a sign of a professionals work.

>2006-2008 Velma
Oh no no no

I'd assume that they'd go back how they normally did movies, but I am curious on why Alola got shafted
Why does ash look like a girl

what in the holy mother of fuck fucking happened during fucking sun/moon?

right only looks better if you are a fatherless nigger

Calarts is pure cancer and everyone who isn't calarts seems to try and emulate them.

>school
into the trash it goes.

>2015
god fucking damnit western animation is dead

Super bulma is just an all around disappointment
>Same shitty hair all the time
>same shitty clothes
>that ugly red scarf
>blue hair

>2015

How that shit gets approved is beyond me.

Attached: 52321055.png (429x391, 336K)

Artstyle shift but everyone else looks better than ash.

>better and more expressive animation
And they failed at that.

Anyone hungry?

Attached: Jelly-filled doughnuts.jpg (360x360, 24K)

Ash crossdressing is nothing new.

Broly is just overflowing with SOUL. It's one of the few recent things that isn't soulless.

What's with the anime aesthetic for 2010-2013?

Attached: file.png (500x1202, 1001K)

Unironically looks better than 2006

what are you fucking blind

AG>BW>the last one>all the others>pile of shit>SM
AG and BW are close enough but I like the hood apparel more than the jacket and his hair looks better when it flows down instead of defying gravity like everything after DP.
And what the fuck were they smoking with that SM design.

They both look like shit.

So how did they beat Broly in this one?

Missing the designs for the newest show

Attached: SDGW398_1-1014x570.jpg (1014x570, 90K)

Where the fuck do you think you are?

Attached: 1545015461634.jpg (547x394, 65K)

The anime should have done what the manga did and give a new protagonist for each new game.

I generally don't like plain white rice.

2010 and 1998 > 1969 and 1972 > 2002 > 1988 > 2006 > 2015

d

Wrong

1998-2005 direct to video movies were kino

12*

This isn’t a drastic change, you tard.

Gogeta goes SS blue and they fight in multiple dimensions

Attached: fpd071.jpg (395x285, 122K)

If the pokemon anime would just star the main MC's of the respective games it would be much better
just ditch ash already

Attached: 1559594933219.png (600x672, 248K)

Satoshi is a japanese icon now similar to goku and doraemon

this is why blastoise is the goat

This guy was based af.

Greatest rival ass will ever have and that's sad.

I don't know but that time he curbstomped Ash in a full battle was based.

Somehow this is incredible depressing to see how they refuse to age her up. One of the best things about Dragonball was that the characters got older with time. The manga finished perfectly with everyone aging gracefully. Give me the Bulma where I can see that she lived an entire life and not the soulless "everyone needs to look like a teenager to appeal to small children" designs.

You read some weird comics, user.

the old one looks way better

>Witch Ghost
>Alien invaders
>Legend of vampire
>Mexican monster
>Loch Ness
>Cyber Ghost

Attached: 1552002816798.png (680x378, 416K)

Mystery Inc was basically an anime. It had a continuous plot instead of being episodic and actually gave Fred a personality.

The traffic light still gives me goosebumps. One of the most amazing scenes in all of animation.

It's funny how the Broly movie poked fun at this by saying she uses the balls frequently

Reminder Jessie is canonically thicc now.

Attached: pokemon-the-power-of-us.mp4_snapshot_00.10.33_[2018.12.08_12.20.32].jpg (1280x720, 403K)

Thats not the point though. He literally got japped over by producers at the LAST MINUTE when they wanted him to win in Kalos.

I wonder how many people started watching Pokemon when it first came out and have stuck with it the entire time. Can't be very many.

No wonder Vegeta gives her the dick.

Metroid

Attached: 1474313606597.jpg (308x308, 26K)

yes it does

based retard

what the hell are you talking about

You keep posting this and making me think SWSH anime art was leaked. Fuck you.

'96

Attached: wj_1996_no13_db_if_you_please.jpg (780x1086, 706K)

Fuck off tripfag.

Jews

adol

Attached: focal_timeline.png (960x900, 822K)

time for an update
youtube.com/watch?v=DvkH4kb2eGY

What did you do to the colors?

Christ, what the fuck.

All of the have no soul. How the fuck is this even possible?

pop'n music

Attached: popn.png (2154x1094, 1.82M)

Those episodes were gay as fuck. The rest of the show was cool though

>t. Jap Producer

This animation looks familiar, I feel like I saw this kind of movement in treasure planet from the doctorate guy.

>runs out of her shoes

i don't know why i love this.

I unironically blame Family Guy for the quality in animation having taken a dive.

>he doesn't know

Attached: densetsu heroine2.png (845x1440, 1.14M)

SOULEST

Attached: 8786f09b556c8a1d6b50f0507055d902.jpg (2048x1407, 292K)

At least the 2015 one is dead now in favor of

Doesn't he have blue hair now

>Ruby Gloom
Holy shit

Attached: 1542948881783.jpg (550x1420, 279K)

Attached: 1498261638132.jpg (395x310, 92K)

Post the proof. For research of course

Kenshiro was cute in the oneshot, the fuck

>Ash makes a 10/10 brown waifu

Why didn't this ever catch on?

Attached: 1557329173921.jpg (1748x1233, 816K)

Looks pretty good.

>bring back Funky Phantom
>put the show on fucking Boomerang
Please tell me they're putting it on Cartoon Network as well.

>2010-2013
>Anime aesthetic

Attached: 1548969475414.jpg (225x225, 8K)

SOUL

Ash is a loser

Gary, please.

It did briefly but then petered out like most trend.

From a boy to a man

Attached: 1540870187988.jpg (1544x591, 303K)

t. gary

Attached: 1540858173329.png (983x1113, 1.68M)

Yes, but only as you're growing up. Chew gum frequently, or eat chewy foods. When you're fully developed you'll have missed the opportunity.
t. chad tier jawline who took advice from his mom to chew a lot of gum to hide his resting murder face

Attached: 20954030_831592997016553_6062127520271218546.jpg (373x209, 23K)

What game?

Attached: boi.jpg (1440x955, 410K)

perfection

Attached: 1552439062283.png (300x300, 90K)

Based Gary

What's considered worse, when a series goes on for too long and becomes a shadow of its former self, or modernized remakes?

Attached: file.png (1440x1620, 2.72M)

t.virgin

looks fuckin great

i love that all these lads aged so well.

The first one 100%. Would rather have a show that's good but gets a shitty remake than get a show that starts good but slowly turns to shit.

The rival we deserve.

Well...
Maybe not Colin, but he's been through a lot.
Speaking of redesigns

Attached: colin-mochrie-family.gif (720x540, 242K)

oh god no, poor colin :(

I love everything about this. Are there any more like it?

Based Shintani. They better bring him back for the new movie.

> Yea Forums boomers talk about animation

Attached: 1558316773285.jpg (640x480, 38K)

It's not really a movie.

>He unironically watches the Pokemon anime in the year 2019 despite the show having made it perfectly clear it will NEVER fuck with the status quo

Its the Simpsons of anime except it doesn't even have any good seasons to justify itself to continue running, legit how are people still watching this?

Attached: whatTheF.gif (400x412, 859K)

Donovan did nothing wrong.

FUCK, WHY COLIN, HE DIDN'T DESERVE IT

What are those Z in his face supposed to be?

Attached: 1526866091008.jpg (1493x3837, 1.14M)

James best trainer

Now post 1999's sound effects and Chimera Ant arc pics

Attached: RRcyxBJ.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

All his comics and artworks are on his Facebook, but it's all in broken maghrebi French.

Attached: french culture.jpg (681x960, 217K)

Well there's literally a timeskip after Ken beats Raoh, so yeah he does age a bit.

Ash knows he makes a cute grill.Thats why he likes to crossdress.

Is this the same scene taking place in completely different locations?

Yes, the 2011 one is set in the SOULLESS realm

I love how Oath Adol was just Book 1 & 2 Adol with a scarf.

here's your league bro

This shit is fucking pathetic, I can't wait for SM to be over.

Attached: 1561251994033.png (1280x720, 1.19M)

this

???

what the fuck happened in SM
is that his dad?

>Is that his dad
what?

Attached: 1560970658942.png (341x365, 150K)

>speaking of redesings
hehehe

Attached: download (1).jpg (300x168, 5K)

lol wut

Why are team rocket competing non-disguised.
Why's squigly-eyebrows guy with the cute coat even trying.

Anyways I hope Lana wins.

When little japanese boys go to hawaii they become 30yo mexicans.

Sun and Moon is the best thing to happen to Jesse in a while.

Attached: 1545212640073.png (599x763, 350K)

Fucking kill me

Attached: tenor.gif (266x200, 1.65M)

Anime lipstick looks awful as always.

all4one was shit but it's designs were overhated

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 198K)

>jawline gets so chad that it retroactively affects him at 15 years old during a flashback
Man the way guts gets so scarred and battered looking as you go down the list makes me sad, he had a hard life.

Are shipfags the target audience of the Pokémon anime?

Fuck Misty, Ash is saving himself for a real prize.

Attached: pokemon__giselle__2__by_willdynamo55-daj9gnm.png (954x1176, 1.13M)

>Original SM anime made a lot of changes from the manga like plot points and art style, which Naoko Takeuchi made sure to voice her opinion on how much she hated it
>Everyone loves it
>SM Crystal is more faithful adaption to the manga, with the creator herself being heavily involved, and is accurate to her personal art style
>Everyone fucking hates it
Feel bad for her desu

poor VAs, the whole movie was filled with guttural screams

Wasn't she a slut?

I think this guy won

Yes.

She's ten whole pedos? Damn, I'm only one pedo.

I hope Hiker David wins

Reminder that whenever someone else does this shit for Fate (Parvati) , they get fucking mauled on social media, but if it is Takeushit, it's suddenly ok.

Attached: takeushit.jpg (1134x826, 1.17M)

Maybe SM was just originally shit.
Could be one of those cases where the iconography was more important to people than the content.

What the fuck happened at Sun & Moon?

They made Gogeta canon.

Attached: 1538254391430.png (124x118, 27K)

He had to adopt to the environment to survive

Attached: D5usdKYV4AIyo0L.jpg (2000x1500, 880K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1604x1464, 2.47M)

This shit is what happens when you put one of the producers of Dragon Ball GT in charge of the Pokemon Anime.

Tomiyasu and Matsui.
Not even fucking once.

Attached: 1513382122632.png (1116x838, 999K)

I had such a boner for the animation and designs in this movie, they've really set the standard for new DBZ animation - anything less will be hard to stomach

Even Jupiter's hair was made practically pink instead of dark brunette perfection.
>Feel bad for her desu
No. It should never have been made with the budget it was given.

Attached: sailor_moon_crystal_05_preview_sailor_jupiter.jpg (1920x1080, 244K)

>That's not even the worst part. They retconned the entire series before SM to have taken place over a SINGLE YEAR

when did they confirm this?

He wanted to be the very best like no one ever was.

Attached: Pokemon Season 10 Episode 472 - Paul and Starly v2.jpg (1350x2025, 1M)

>uses the balls frequently
Why would she need to? The balls dragon can bring people back to life, he surely can at least stop ageing.

Sauce

How the fuck do you go from this.....

Attached: FROM THIS.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

kino

>2006-2008 Fred

Attached: Vault Boy.jpg (230x277, 42K)

Who ships Gary/Ash

>68
One number off, damn.

And then to fucking this?

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: TO THIS.jpg (1200x800, 220K)

The Shining, then?

kalechippu

What the fuck do the hat symbols other than the pokeball ones even mean?

Current arc of Hunter x Hunter.

Id fuck both

I think the first one was a stylized L for the Pokemon League.

Post the 68 gif
You know the one

I don't like those teeth

That's more of a Toei/animation director being shit thing.

You got the webm of that battle?

Since when were you under the impression that Scooby Doo wasn't anime?

Attached: 1550978590838.webm (800x450, 2.88M)

>68 gif
The fuck is that supposed to be

Just like America.

Are we reaching the end of entertainment's lifecycle? Everything feels soulless and nothing is catching on anymore, it's all fueled by nostalgia. Are we going to see entertainment media die within out lifetime?

It would be better if it wasn't the shaking cam. Fuck this, cartoons shouldn't try to emulate Hollywood crap.

>Ace Frehly not giving a fuck about the lightning

Only possible when you've reached maximum New York Groove

give source, please and thanks

>those tree trunk legs

Not complaining.

Attached: ash is ready for sex ed.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

21 movie Ash is the best Ash

Attached: DjXlSBEW0AEQY0z.jpg (476x249, 27K)

Fucking Papa Dessert Hen
artist is Mitsui Jun

It's a trap.

Agreed.

So that it's not as obvious. Freiza also wanted to use the balls to just get a little taller.

whatever it ends up being I hope they either bring back that Gal or make a new one for every movie.

Attached: [Some-Stuffs]_Pocket_Monsters_Movie_21_-_Our_Story_(1080p_FLAC_5.1)_[D4C12928].mkv_snapshot_00.04.10 (1920x1080, 248K)

I like the idea of Freiza being a re-occuring villian. Dragon Ball doesn't really have re-occuring villains aside from Pilaf and co.

>That's not even the worst part. They retconned the entire series before SM to have taken place over a SINGLE YEAR
Nigger shut the fuck up

That Rayner can't possibly be real.

Thanks user that's some good shit

NINTENDO

>Ash became Italian in Sun and Moon series.
huh?