Damnit, why did this franchise have to have such a terrible fate in regards to it's vidya? AvP 2010 was alright...

Damnit, why did this franchise have to have such a terrible fate in regards to it's vidya? AvP 2010 was alright, but it didn't have nearly the level of freedom and depth that AvP 2 had. And now with Fox having been recently acquired by Disney it's up in the air whether the franchise will ever see the light of day again in any medium.
What would your dream AvP game be, Yea Forums? Just AvP 2 updated, AvP 2010 with some more time to flesh out the features and campaign length, or something else entirely?

Attached: 12134-aliens-versus-predator-2-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x957, 118K)

Multiplayer was a buggy heap, but when you could get a server going it was amazing.
Tried to have a LAN party with this a few years back and everybody was teleporting around like it was a brazilian hosted CS match with 500 ping. Still have no idea what happened.

>AvP 2
zoomer detected

Nice try kid

I have yet to play AvP or AvP 2010 but pic related was fucking awesome. Climbing all over the walls as a Xeno killing marines was fun as shit.

Attached: aliensversuspredatorgol.jpg (650x650, 40K)

*AvP 2 or AvP 2010

>And now with Fox having been recently acquired by Disney it's up in the air whether the franchise will ever see the light of day again in any medium.
There hasn't been a decent Alien, Predator or Alien vs Predator movie in the last 30 years and there hasn't been a decent game in nearly 20 years. Don't act like Fox took good care of the IP and now Disney is going to ruin it. They are both franchises that died a long time ago. Look at where they stand today as far as the "canon" is concerned. Xenomorphs were created by a malfunctioning android with a god complex and in predator universe autism is a super power that the predators desperately seek. What the fuck could Disney do to make it any worse?

>Xenomorphs were created by a malfunctioning android with a god complex
I only watched the first three Alien movies. Is this actually implied in the later ones?

Attached: 1558640150317.jpg (396x321, 26K)

AvP 2 is just better AvP Gold, although I can see why some people might not like it better than the original. The original is more simple, 2 has a bunch of new stuff.
>Is this actually implied in the later ones?
A character literally looks at the camera and says this.
The new Alien movies suck dick.

>Is this actually implied in the later ones?
It's not implied, it's flat out shown. It's the whole plot of the last film.

In my mind Alien, Predator, and AvP are all their own distinct universes, with Aliens being a part of AvP instead of Alien.
I think it's less that Disney would somehow mishandle the IP, more than they won't really do anything with it. As you said, all of the franchises are old, and not really bankable to the newer generations. Sure, there might be some young adults who remember the old AvP films from the late 2000s, but there probably won't be any adolescents who particularly care, especially since most the focus of our media culture is on superhero films, instead of sci-fi or slashers.

Its the biggest plot point in the newest alien film
I actually like alien 3 and 4 but covenant was garbage
Prometheus was ok if you pretended it wasnt connected
All the super high tech holograms and stuff makes the timeline make no sense otherwise

I'm still convinced covenant was a comedy. I haven't had so much fun watching a film since. It can't have been written like that without know how terribly awful it was.
Prometheus had killed alien already.

Alien and Predator have had a pretty good run when it comes to games though. Even the early console one were pretty good. I even fondly remember the top down brawler Predator 2 game on the master system and the rts extinction was great also. I've even heard some people say colonial marines is serviceable.

Ahem
We will never have a good Alien or Predator game or even movie again. Isolation was the final hurrah. Oh, well, at least there's the Yea Forumsmics. Bros, am I in the right to refuse to watch the recent films?

Attached: IMG_0633.jpg (220x269, 18K)

I miss this game. Too bad nobody plays niche multiplayer games in my region.

Colonial marines is kind of ok if you fix the xeno AI
Its still not great but I guess serviceable is a good description
But yeah avp 1 2 and even 2010 are all atleast decent
AVP2 is 10/10

I keep forgetting the new movie exists
Ive heard its bad but feel like I should still yarr harr it

The new predator movie? It's bad but in a way where it knows it's bad. It really stupid and takes nothing seriously so if you want to be mildly entertained for 90 minutes you can do worse but if you want a great a predator film it's very far form that.

>New predator movie
>Autist kid is considered the pinnacle of humanity by some big predator

Attached: 1547347757848.jpg (375x375, 39K)

Blame this cunt

Attached: 1554406972544.jpg (1536x2048, 1.44M)

Better: there’s a scene where said android is trying to make love with other, similar android.

Also: is AvP 2000 worth playing? I know it’s classic but sometimes returning to old game is not as fun as you might think (AvP 2 was a blast in LAN parties).

I loved that game, I wonder why no one tried to make a sequel.

>do a remake because you are an unimaginative, uncreative fuck
>know about your lack of skill so pretend it's a parody
>liek really bad guys, r-r-right? I couldn't make a good predator movie even if I tried, haha

Not even trying is the worst state

Attached: areyoutrying.jpg (1680x1050, 175K)

>>do a remake because you are an unimaginative, uncreative fuck
>>know about your lack of skill so pretend it's a parody
The movie was made by Shane Black. Dumb 80s/90s action comedy is his schtick. He wrote films like Lethal Weapon, Last Boy Scout, Last Action Hero(criminally underrated film) and also contributed to the script for the original Predator. He played the character Hawkins in it. He just doesn't take shit seriously. He's not faking it, that's how he's always done things.

basically it involves capturing autism to ENHANCE
exactly how retarded that sounds

>In my mind Alien, Predator, and AvP are all their own distinct universes
This has actually been outright stated by Fox before. When the kickstarter for the AVP boardgame came out, people were asking for characters form Aliens and Predator like Arnold and Ripley, designer said they only had the rights to AVP as Fox sees them all as their own universes.