*HUFF*

*HUFF*

*HUFF*

DON'T CLOSE THE GALAR DEX REGISTRATIONS YET
I'M ALMOST THERE
IT'S NOT TOO COLD FOR ME

Attached: 1560143632998.gif (750x563, 900K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EiB1EoCDn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

YOU GOTTA MOVE FASTER THE GATES ARE CLOSING REGICE

FASTER ICEBRO

*huff* wait bro... *huff* I’m coming too... just gotta wait five more turns... *huff*

Attached: regigigas.png (549x399, 128K)

Be honest are you buying it?

*huff* almost there bro... *huff huff*

Attached: gigarun.gif (440x320, 66K)

Don't own a switch, but considering the library of switch titles, I bet most switch owners will buy it.

yep

If they fix the graphics and bring back the national dex, yes. Fuck Megas and Z moves though

Fuck no, I didn't even buy USUM or LGPE after how disappointing gen 6 and 7 have been. Fuck Masuda.

I wasn't going to, but then i tried to talk to some people that were boycotting it because of the lack of natdex, and tried to say that the 800+ and constantly increasing cast of pokemon couldn't be "EVERYONE IS HERE" 'd forever. That there were bigger issues than any of that shit.

But after talking to those people for a while, I'm now convinced that this will be the best pokemon game to ever be made. Fuck natdex fags.

>cut out natdex
>game still looks and moves like shit
Fuck no. If they're going to cut out Pokemon, they could have easily used the space to fix some of the graphics and presentation.
NO FUCKING EXCUSES

Attached: 76qdqq5f7c431.jpg (1322x1096, 85K)

Hurry up old man, we're gonna get cut!

Attached: 1553473964522.gif (600x450, 1.32M)

Everyone is. Not one gaymurr boycott has ever worked or changed anything. So lie about not preordering it but you still bought it.
>MW2
>L4D2
>Sims
>Starcraft2
>Anthem

Only if they bring back the National Dex.
I play Pokemon as a collectathon.

Attached: 1559868030325.png (400x400, 54K)

No Regi bros, no buy, not even memeing.

my family is seething with rage so of course i am

Nope. Sun is the newest game I bought and Sun was dogshit.

>and tried to say that the 800+ and constantly increasing cast of pokemon couldn't be "EVERYONE IS HERE" 'd forever.

They literally could. There is no excuse.
>No new animations
>The aren't even made by the Game Freak, they're made by CREATURES
>All the 3DS models where higher poly than necessary so they could be added to an HD game no problem.

>That there were bigger issues than any of that shit.
That they also didn't fix you nigg nogg

Attached: 1515894939440.png (462x480, 7K)

No because I haven't played a Pokemon game since X. I don't understand why some people continue to buy these games despite the multitude of problems laid out months before release.

Nah

Maybe used a few months later. Too many good games coming out this year to justify me spending 60 dollars on a game with all the ambition of a mid-tier 3DS game.

This. Galar legendaries are already a big turnoff.

Attached: 1556413838119.png (868x800, 526K)

BORDER'S CLOSED YA RIGHT POSH CUNT

HOW BOUT YA SUCK ON ME PISS FLAPS EY? COUNTRY"S UP AND LEAVIN WITH GALEXIT FROM ALL YOU NATIONAL DEX TWATS AND YER SHITE LEGENDARIES

Attached: dd0unh0-1f834b8d-12a9-47d2-9a81-c586852e2cf5.jpg (773x1000, 277K)

>Scotland has myths of giants and legends of kings
>Regigias means King Giant
There is no reason for the Regi bros NOT to be in the Galar dex

Attached: regirave.gif (1400x1000, 1.21M)

I dropped Pokemon 3 gyms into X and I've been constantly rewarded for that decision. The only mainline Pokemon games I'll ever play if I get the itch to one day are Emerald, HGSS, & B2W2. I may also play Sage (the actually good /vp/ fangame) when it's finally done because I was around the threads when they started so I want to see the finished product.

Attached: 1535656145812.png (487x658, 289K)

Regigigas is so graceful.

Wake me up when a new Mystery DUngeon gets announced.

I guess Regigigas had a bit of a... slow start.

>make the best legendary design ever
>throw them in the dumpster
Suck my regidick.

Honest thoughts on the reggies?

HURRY! THE NATIONAL DEX NUKE IS GONNA DROP! THE SHELTERS ONLY GOT ROOM FOR 3 MORE! MOOOOVE!!!

Attached: 1561079172049.png (618x305, 432K)

>and tried to say that the 800+ and constantly increasing cast of pokemon couldn't be "EVERYONE IS HERE" 'd forever.
why?

They need to also update movesets and add new animations for new mechanics in the game, as well as upscaling textures for HD. It's not as easy as copy+paste

Aesthetic as fuck, even without all the memes.

HOLD THE FUCK OMP

Attached: 1556378365921.gif (408x342, 2.68M)

no memes? regice and registeel is cool, regirock is eh and regigigas is meme tier

Even though it looks like a ps2 game and will only have like 300 pokemon? Yes

Probably used after about a year, if at all, so I don't give money to GF. This shit is ridiculous, Pokemon is one of the most profitable franchises on the fucking planet and they have the audacity to cry poor.

FAASSSSSSSTTERRRRRRRRRRR

>the 800+ and constantly increasing cast of pokemon couldn't be "EVERYONE IS HERE" 'd forever
This would be a fine argument if they didn't say that they fucking "futureproofed" their assets in X&Y, like 5 or 6 years ago. I agree that there's bigger issues, but I also think that they dropped half the roster more out of not fucking wanting to do it (or to accommodate the need for a new mainline game pretty much annually) than a true limitation.

Expletive: Oh fuck.

Attached: 2379562986.gif (400x225, 817K)

>First mainline title outside of handhelds
>They fuck it up this bad
Are they just waiting for Nintendo to release a handheld so they can stop pretending to like being on consoles or what

SEEL/DEWGONGCHADS GET IN NOW

i wont give Game Freak money, but i may play it if it turns out to actually be good.

>digimon has around 750 models in the latest entry
>each has several unqiue animations, each has one special move thats quite bombastic in terms of presentation
>games look like games from the current get
>Digimon is a smalltime franchise with a limited budget, and the devs went on and stated if the time would have allowed it, they would have put much more digimon into the game

>pokemon has 850~ pokemon now
>was Handheld only, now the first real mainline game
>will feature only around 400 pokemon even tho the same models from X/Y will be used
>game looks like a Wii / Wii U game at best
>animations are extremly generic and only consist of an idel animation and an damaged-animation
>Pokemon is the biggest franchise in the world, Disney would literally kill to own that franchise, seemingless limitless budget
>came looks bad because of incompetent devs

>yokai watch
>its yokai watch, i suppose?
Dunno how Digimon was able to shit out a stellar game while Pokemon gets crippled. Pokemon Go and yearly release has done nothing positive for the fans as a whole.

Attached: 1440946595388.jpg (552x539, 22K)

O

Yes. I know it's gonna be shit, but having open world is still better than what I'm used to.

>add new animations for new mechanics in the game

Oh no! How can they possibly do the "Physical attack animation but big" and "Special attack animation but big!" That's, that's too much!

And if you think Dynamaxed pokemon are each gonna have their own animations, lmao at your naivety
youtube.com/watch?v=6EiB1EoCDn0

>It's not as easy as copy+paste
It's not as hard as making 800+ models and animations from scratch like apologists believe either.

Attached: 1559761738965.png (1000x1000, 269K)

I bet they wish they could just move the series to mobile. The gacha they're adding could be their attempt to do that.

Speaking of, this Murata piece made for the gacha is better than literally anything about the game itself, or SwSh for that matter.

Attached: 1559607364666.png (1921x1346, 3.77M)

>looks like shit
>national dex was cut
>Masuda basically confirmed there won't be post game content again
No, there's already a lot of stuff in my backlog, I don't need to spend my money on garbage from Game Freak.

>Masuda basically confirmed there won't be post game content again
Where the fuck are the BW2 team? Why the FUCK aren't they in charge of mainline by now? Every game after BW2 has been a huge step backwards.

Platinum, HGSS, & B2W2 were all made by directors who ONLY directed those games. It's ludicrous considering the guys they have on the series now have had multiple games under their belt that all suck. The last great game Masuda directed himself was fucking EMERALD.

Sure they could, but that means that my dream for good animations and actual voice acting is even further away of a dream. Im not debating this bullshit again, fuck OFF.

>ATTENTION, ALL SHUTTERS ARE NOW LOCKED.

Way to go guys, you made it! To bad about your other friend though.

>no national dex
>no megas and z-moves but some shitty gimmick in its place
>game looks like dogshit
No.
The only people who'll buy this are either kids, braindead fanboys or people who haven't played Pokemon in a long time, and even then it's better if they play the 3DS games instead.

Attached: somebody finally stopped me.png (817x931, 120K)

You can still collectathon in pokemon home i don't understand this retarded mentality. You aren't collecting these pokemon from old gens you've already caught them, and you don't even use them when porting them to new games you let them sit in the pc until the next game. It's the same thing.

It's ironic. He was supposed to be the fastest one...

don't think you'll get away from me, OU players!

Attached: godofOU.gif (740x568, 275K)

>all games with pre-existing worlds and pokemon and routes and trainers already made for them so they can focus solely on things like the post game
Wow it's fucking nothing

Just a Drednaw passing through

Attached: drednaw.png (1200x1200, 1.09M)

GF has been coasting for fucking years. They either have shitty coders who just barely know what they're doing, shitty management that makes ass-backwards decisions that can only hurt them because they can't get their shit together for the FIRST CONSOLE-BASED MAINLINE TITLE THAT WILL SHAPE EXPECTATIONS GOING FORWARD, or both. There is no "we don't have enough people!" argument, there is no "we don't have enough budget!" argument, there is no "we don't have enough time!" argument. It's fucking POKEMON, for fuck's sake. The limits they have are self-imposed, if they have deadlines to make there is nothing stopping them from getting more hands on deck unless Nintendo is the one at fault for somehow being that ass backwards, and I doubt it's just them.

I have to assume at this point that Iwata didn't even do that much when he put Kanto into GS - he simply fixed the inadequate work of retards.

Attached: 1550289107819.jpg (240x240, 48K)

Not to mention they had hindsight on what worked and what didn't going into development, god pokefags are so fucking stupid.

Attached: D9CE_MEWkAAgcIU.jpg (439x499, 51K)

Couldn't give a rat's ass about the national dex. I always used the newer mons, anyway.

However... I was hoping this meant that they were putting more effort into the animations. Guess not.

Attached: 1547179031082.jpg (300x300, 15K)

>>all games with pre-existing worlds and pokemon and routes and trainers already made for them
And yet they still fucked up ORAS and USUM.

Attached: 1555376933395.jpg (469x500, 49K)

Nintendo delayed Animal Crossing, a massive game, back to March to ensure quality and no dev team crunch, which caused its stock to tank. I'd think that Pokemon's schedule is more on GF & The Pokemon Company.

>Cut pokemon in promise of better animations
>better animations are not provided
>You're still going to buy it anyway because you hope they'll be better animations next game

>Im not debating this bullshit again
I understand that, must be difficult having people explain how you're retarded again and again.

Enjoy paying $20 more for even less content.

Attached: 1560694825995.gif (800x450, 3.41M)

if the time between the release of fire emblem, astral chain, zelda, weegee 3 to the release of animal crossing is too long, I probably will. On the other hand, the master chief collection will probably be releasing titles on steam and the vermintide 2 expansion will suck up weeks I bet
they don't look very good, so i'll probably skip it anyways

Attached: 1539919627726.gif (491x704, 3.22M)

I'll borrow it if I can. My brother doesn't give a shit about Pokemon but buys every switch game since he travels for work. He's never liked handhelds prior.

>Like playing doubles using an Alolan muk and a shiny minior together
>I have to wait until gamefreak allows me to use this duo again

Don't assume collectors never use their pokemon.

Meanwhile all my other Pokemon have to wait in a server that I can't access them in until 2021 or beyond when a game comes out where they can be used.

This policy shift is beans.

I canceled the day I heard the news and it's looking like I'll be occupied with other things. Crystal Chronicles remastered is a game I'm really looking forward to along with FF VIII since I never got the chance to play that one, and then spring has that FF VII remake and Animal Crossing. There's also that Lego game that has all nine of the movies into one, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Persona 5 The Royale (haven't played the base game) that I am looking forward to, along with plenty of games in the backlog. At this point Sword and Shield aren't even my top 10.

It depends, I could either pirate it on my hacked switch if it looks like shit or actually buy it if I want to do a few online matches

Love em even if they're shit in battle.

no

No, ill just wait till AC comes out to get a switch i guess

Attached: reggiegigas' body is ready in 5 turns.jpg (439x301, 26K)

Well done genius. You got the joke

PORYGON BROS GET IN AAAAA

Was going to buy it and safe online access for it on my switch. But since they completely shit on the game, i'm pirating that shit 2 days prior.

After they make cheaper switch or prices will drop, yes, but only because I hate usual Pokemon stagnation

Don't own a Switch and don't plan to but even if I did I still wouldn't buy. No natdex, no new animations, barren overworld, bland new designs, no new interesting additions, etc.
Just looks like an all around shitshow

Do we tell him?

Yes, i'm not too bothered about the National Dex. My boy Sylveon is going to be in, because what are they going to do, NOT put Eevee in?

>Anthem
Nobody bought that shillkun

>doesn't have a choice scarf equipped
NOT QUICK ENOUGH

Don't forget Let's Go.

Unless there's some massive improvements compared to the demo they showed at E3 I ain't touchin it.

>Crystal Chronicles remastered is a game I'm really looking forward to
Thank god too, it would have been awful to have one of the best FF games continue to be nearly unplayable.

Yep, I just remember that shit existed after posting.
>GF remakes gen 1 (again) but in 3D
>Butchers the game and shoehorns GO mechanics to cater to normalfags
>Games are worse than FRLG, the gen 1 remake that came out 15 years ago

Attached: 1553112650572.gif (312x390, 1.87M)

Fuck no

why would you want pokemon game with voice acting?

Now if only Square would remaster My Life as a King/Darklord. Darklord was blanetly balanced around the DLC though.

No

Attached: 1527304425425.jpg (1024x581, 98K)

No
I'll pirate the third version though

It was my first FF game I've ever played and I absolutely love it. The fact they're making the multiplayer this accessible is making me very hype.

Bros... He's gone...

Attached: received_2272323759550082.jpg (720x1280, 81K)

You know the rules fag

No. This was their one chance to finally put some fucking effort into these games but they've somehow become even lazier than ever before.

>wanting actual voice acting in Pokemon

Attached: tidus.gif (268x325, 1.96M)

the game will still sell
but might actually get noticeable criticism this time
which is probably the best thing in while for the the series

>thinking you can melt true ice

Attached: Regice on fire.png (201x134, 34K)

>not wanting "OH, A SAVAGE HIT!"

Attached: 1556844754822.png (300x300, 3K)

Let's Go did well, but below the bar for a mainline Pokemon game, but that kind of made sense given it was clearly more of a spinoff given its mechanics and presentation. If SwSh does Let's Go numbers or even slightly worse, that might scare some people up top. Of course, they'd need to make the eventual third Gen 8 game as well as all of Gens 9 & 10 just as or more trash to actually start failing, and that's if the greater fanbase actually gives a critical eye.

We just need to accept that Pokemon won't die anytime soon and hope that more good spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon & Pokken get greenlit but also don't get mobage'd like Rumble just did.

Attached: 1557882753904.jpg (558x162, 10K)

AND SO DO I

that'd be fine but having a story with voice acting would be terrible

>spinoff
Didn't Masuda say LG was 100% mainline?

We all know he's never coming back user. It's time to let go.

Attached: sad.jpg (350x144, 9K)

I meant more a spinoff mechanically. I'm sure there's people who will blindly buy SwSh that skipped LG for being too simple.

bro what the fuck

Attached: Regice used teleport.gif (225x225, 87K)

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Honestly? No. I'm disappointed in Game Freak and their constant laziness and ineptitude, but it's more than that. I don't own a switch, but when I get one there are several other titles that interest me more, like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario Odyssey, Smash Ultimate, The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa, etc. Sword and Shield just don't feel like must-buy titles.

No, I’ve grown tired of Pokémon games since they’re braindead and piss easy but I’ll still check out the meta on showdown

nah just let the franchise die before GF butchers it even more.

>competitive pokemon

Attached: 1560680110733.jpg (363x363, 84K)

Except that home will be a stnadalone game where you can still interact and battle with all the pokemon from all of the gens.

Get fucked.

>Showdown will have all of SwSh's new Pokemon added without cutting any old ones
I don't see why anybody who's into the series for the battle system wouldn't decide to skip SwSh and just play Showdown. Not for me but the idea of having hundreds of options to build a team and a few potential builds per Pokemon is cool

You got some proof to back that up or are you just shitting on the table and calling it a cake?

don't worry you will be able to get the old pokemon with dlc updates

No. USUM was the last straw and I can't see myself buying any other Gamefreak-made Pokémon game unless they drastically change things up.

>tower of babel
>in pokemon world

Attached: 1459930187170.jpg (500x500, 27K)

>removing Pokémon from my colorful monster stamp collection game
Literally why?

Oh you poor, misguided soul.

BRRR! sorry guys, but it's way too cold out for me! i think i'll just stay behind.

Attached: 1560401250321.png (1200x1200, 1.18M)

bros...I can't believe regice didn't make it...

Attached: 1556574695965.webm (960x540, 2.55M)

nah. Their first game on a new system is always shit.

And all the other ones that come after are too

Why are these dumbfuck designs so memorable? I mean it's literally just x material shaped into a vaguely bipedal form with some yellow dots put on it. But they're so likable for some reason.

They had to claim that to get it to sell.

you're not necessarily wrong, but at the same time V > IV and VII > VI. Even if IX is shit it'll be better than sword/shield.

Nah, fuck everything about swsh. I'm finally motivated to pick up one of those Pokemon RPG Maker kits and just create my ideal Pokemon game since GF has went a direction I can't fathom. No crazy gimmicks, nothing super new or fancy, just a traditional Pokemon journey with a twist or two and my personal touch. Seriously fuck this noise. 99% of the time these personal projects go nowhere, but I'll give it a shot. If I can somehow grit my teeth and churn something out in a few years, I'll share with you guys.

no, death stranding comes out one week prior. i didn't buy ultra sun either, i think i'm done with pokemon because i haven't had fun with it since BW2.

I probably wasn't gonna anyways. I haven't enjoyed a Pokemon game since 4th gen. (Not because they dropped in quality or anything, I just kinda lost interest and wasn't into the new gimmicks.)

reasons I think people will still buy it:

>they're used to the mediocrity
>they primarily play on switch and need games
>scared of originality, prefer safe sequels
>they don't know better and buy it regardless
>shallow reasons (ie: cute pokemon, girls, ect)

so far, most of the responses towards buying sword/shield fit into most of these reasons.

Attached: 1556650260444.jpg (427x474, 36K)

Probably not. You've played one nu-Pokemon game, you've played them all.