Let's say Konami move their ass for once

Let's say Konami move their ass for once.
What would you want for the next metal gear? Can be anything : Remake, New game, Rising 2, Acid 3...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 304K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Nitroid/status/1141127957651632134
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rising 2 or MG1/2 remake.

MGS1 remake -> MGR2 -> MG1/2 remake -> MGS6 (either with the boss or a soft reboot with a new cast.)

Raiden MG game set inbetween 2 and 4.

rising 2, an MGS4 port, and an MGS1 remaster. i dont think there's anything i actually want konami to do to MG

I mean, Kojima maybe gone, but they have most of the old kojipro, and some important guys like Murata or the rising writer.
a good MG game CAN still happen, we just have to wait.

MGS4 is also almost impossible to port, remaking it would almost be easier. MGS1 would probably have a full remake and not a remaster.

Remake probably is the next game, following by a MGR2.
I would prefer a remake of MG1/2, or at least MGS1...But We all knows it will be MGS3 because it's the most popular game... if they do that, they better remake MGO1 or at least add maybe a bonus coop mode similar to PW.

Friendly reminder that the events of Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and especially The Phantom Pain make the events of the original MG1 and MG2 complete nonsense:
>By the end of MGSV Miller knows the truth about Venom Snake, Big Boss and Outer Heaven. He swears to make Venom and Big Boss' sons stronger in order to send Big Boss to hell.
>Therefore, he would NOT let Solid Snake, under any circumstances, join FoxHound.
>He WOULD tell Solid Snake the truth about Cipher, the Patriots, Big Boss and Venom Snake.
>He WOULD NOT allow Solid Snake to go on a mission against Venom.

Therefore, MG1 literally cannot happen. Furthermore:
>Huey KNOWS that "Big Boss" is running "Outer Heaven" as a warlord, and would blab it out to the world. This is lampshaded by Miller when Huey is exiled. Therefore, Big Boss would never be accepted back to the U.S military.
>Liquid WOULD NOT hunt down and kill Miller. Quite the opposite, Miller would seek out Liquid in order to help him take out Big Boss.
>Even if, by some miracle, MG1 would happen, Miller could just tell Solid Snake "that wasn't Big Boss".

It was still alright in PW, who seem to be the natural continuation of PO Big Boss.
but V really broke the story, a shame since it had an amazing gameplay.
A MG1/2 remake would need some very heavy changes in the story. and we probably would need a standalone Liquid game between the two during the gulf war.

Remake of MG1, told from Venom's perspective with him as the playable character.
Gameplay style is mechanically similar to MGSV, except instead of a shitty open world structure, it's set up as a series of small-sized hubs, like Ground Zeroes' detention camp as an example. And also with more focus on interior areas, which were sorely missing in MGSV

Venom was a commander, he wasn't doing much at the time of MG1.
However...maybe we could have MG1 in the pov of Gray Fox. who was probably close to both Big Boss and Venom.

I wouldn't say it broke the story so much as Kojima clearly wanted to make a retcon/reboot of his earlier games. Judging by some of his interviews, later in life he identified far more with Big Boss/Venom Snake rather than Solid Snake, and every game from Peace Walker onwards seems to confirm that.

In the end, Venom kill solid snake,making a new timeline about Venom going in war against the real Big Boss.

user, MG1 simply CANNOT happen. Due to the aforementioned three games and ESPECIALLY the last dialogue between Miller and Ocelot in Phantom Pain, that game has no right of existing, and Kojima clearly knew this. He was prepping for a full retcon.

He actually said he disliked Solid Snake at the time of V, even saying he "wasn't a real character because he wasn't even a real human".
Kojima changed a lot during the year, i'm not a fan of the kojima of today...
His kid and wife probably also left him.

I actually fully agreed with Kojima. Solid Snake always semed a very boring and bland character to me, which is why both MGS and MGS4 were a chore to go through.

>tfw Kojima did that so NO ONE could touch his serie again, still angry PO existed when it had a better story than V.
Bastard.

Konami could technically still do a full retcon or a retelling of MG1/2 with different events and explanations, but it would be a lot of work, almost as much as a MGS6.
that's why a MGS1 remake or a MGR2 are more probable for now.

Is getting a PS3 for the MGS games worth it?

Or just make another game about Venom Snake. After all, within the current timeline he still has 11 years of being a succesful warlord, even if he "somehow" dies in 1995.

>Liquid WOULD NOT hunt down and kill Miller
He didn't.
He disguised himself as Miller but he wasn't the one who killed him. Theories point mostly to Ocelot or someone from FOXHOUND.

Most of the MG1 points you mentioned could be easily addressed in a remake. We don't know what Miller was doing during the events of the original MG1. Only MG2.

If you have a good internet connection, you can stream all the games (well, all the main games + Rising) on the PSnow, and there's a free month of it.

No. MGS1 and 2 are the most overrated pieces of trash you'll ever play - hours long conversations along with a very poor and barebones stealth systems and exteremely linear level designs. Just focus on Big Boss' story - MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, Phantom Pain.

Venom probably was the guy saving Sniper Wolf, considering the real BB is supposed to be a bastard.
...people thought Sniper wolf was going to be in V back then...and at the end, the story of V wasn't important at all in the timeline, beside retconning MG1.
I legit would love a real game about Big Boss downfall, same gameplay as V, but with shit like Sniper wolf, the adult chico concept, Young Solid Snake....

That doesn't change the fact that he'd simply tell Solid Snake the truth about Big Boss, and wouldn't allow him to join Foxhound.
Or that Huey would tell the world that Boss turned into a warlord.
Or that Miller would simply tell Solid Snake that Venom is not the real threat.

I dont want another MG game.
Put down the gun, it is over.

Considering it's the biggest IP of Konami beside PES, this won't happen.

There's still plenty of story to be told + Raiden need an ending after the ending of MGRR + They can still do remakes if you don't want new things.

Nah, let's belive the crazie from NeverBeGameOver: Kojima is still secretly working for Konami. I recommend paying a visit to that forum - it's honestly disturbing.

If I had any say in the matter, I'd completely remake any and all events, starting at the end of MGSV.

fuck off retard, I've already played 1 and 2.
>streaming service
fuck off

By the way, isn't it really ironic that amongst all the Snakes, it's Venom and Solidus who had the most succesful "carriers"?

Kojima will never return, and honestly i think that's good, i want to see a new director giving his own spin to the serie, old staff or new blood.
Murata also deserve his own game since he was supposed to replace Kojima before the fan outcry.
and yeah, NBGO is full of Caramel.

Caramel seems tame compared to the rest of the lunatics. Take PythonSelkanHD's channel as an example.

My condolences.

>tfw nobody talk about those two Snakes because ACID1 and 2 were massive bombs

Attached: 957z2uxslue21.png (537x523, 291K)

What's ACID? I'm asking unironically, never heard of those games.

Metal gear acid 1 and 2 were two spin off games, made by the creator of Neverdead, they were RPG and card games but were really fun.
the story is set in an alternate universe.

If they were released now, people would cry they would "kill the serie" because it's different (those faggots don't even know what the word "spin off" mean...) but back then, they were quite liked even if almost unknown, and so did a massive bomb, especiallly for ACID2.

kys

and they shit out Survive instead of a worthwhile experience, it proves they're hopeless without Kojima. Survive is exactly why he couldn't walk away from the series and kept having to hold their hands through making a decent game.

>He disguised himself as Miller but he wasn't the one who killed him. Theories point mostly to Ocelot or someone from FOXHOUND.
the MGS1 novelization confirms Ocelot kills Miller. the ending of MGSV already foreshadows this.

Survive is a low budget spin off...that was a MGO3 expansion first, they just made it standalone because MGO3 was dead, then added the single player and new shits.
but it was marketed since the start as a stand alone expansion of V (there's a big ass V on the title for a reason.), even the producer (who also produced Rising ) said he was sorry people thought it was a mainline game and that it wasn't the future of the serie.

At least Survive had the meta kino for the story.
the end goal is literally is to erase all the events of the game, and if you do the alternate ending, it just create a timeloop, rettart everything, until an alternate version of the protag don't chicken out and actually do it.
the last word in the post credit scene is "we will build a better future" (Survive is set in the future), more or less the devs saying "we won't do this error again and bring you a real MG for the next game."

>remake MGS
>Twin Snakes exists
>AGAIN

Twin snakes was made by an american studio, and is older than MGS3.
so MGS1 still is favorable for a remake.

>oh man i cant wait to play the new MGS
>its a fucking card game
if i wanted that shit i would have just kept playing pokemon TCG.

>new MGS game
>it's not a MGS game
are you retarded user? it's not called "metal gear solid : acid"

Remake Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2.
Don't remake MGS1 because it'll be another Twin Snakes
Then let the series fucking die like it should. Either that or bring back Fukushima to continue Ghost Babel's storyline.

Attached: MGS Fukushima.jpg (1512x4448, 866K)

A Portable Ops port.

Seriously, pretty much all other MGS games are more than fine, they don't need to be remade or ported. Portable Ops isn't playable, even on an emulator due to it's terrible framerate and shitty controls.

That said remaking MG1 & 2 would also be fine.

Here's David hayter voice of Snake if a pre MGS1 game was made twitter.com/Nitroid/status/1141127957651632134
would you be ok with this?

Acid is a completely different type of card game and quite fun.

they were not saying shit.
it was them being "DEEEEP" like how Kojima would have. the difference is Kojima would have tied it in to one of the other games. They just threw that in there to be DEEP. just like at this E3 for the new gears. that pretentious ass scene with the bitches face shuttering in to other faces and back.

Sadly PO kinda is the black sheep of the serie, even if it's canon. and the trademark of PO actually is dead.

>would have tied in to one of the other games
>He didn't do the secret ending

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)