Remember me Yea Forums?

remember me Yea Forums?

Attached: gamesforwindowslive.jpg (1200x800, 45K)

>not using crack

only to play age of empires 3
ps when the FUCK are we getting iv and when the FUCK are they going to stop adding expansions go 2 it’s been 20 fuckin years

I think it's kinda cool that they're still adding expansions to 2, since it's actually a good game that people like.

Age of Empires 3 wasn't Games for WIndows Live enabled.

the servers are still online tho

I could never get this shit to work for me

I always get this stupid...
>There was an error retrieving your purchase history, please sign out and try again later
The worst thing that it worked fine in Windows 7 for me. Now on Windows 10 doesn't works anymore.

GFWL was awful but a small tiny part it was awesome to me personally. It allowed me to receive more dark souls 1 pvp hatemail than steam. With steam there is that small barrier of having to be someone's friend to message them. Sure there are workarounds like inviting them to a group. But was never the same after DS1. My only issue with steam. But even console gaming is lacking in the hatemail department now. Fewer and fewer people talk or send messages.

I need to find a monster energy drink.

i miss it
getting hatemail after destroying people in duels in dark souls was the best
getting comments on your steam profile just isn't the same

Fucking hated it, I did like sounds on the guide menu though.It reminded me of the old blade dashboard.

>Spent 300 Hours during the beta
>Spent 3000 Hours when the game released

Yes

Attached: 356516.jpg (1600x1200, 242K)

Dark Souls is the only game I remember needing to bother with it. The rest I just pirated.

>required both Steam and Games for Windows Live
Pure retardation. Oddly enough, it was the first game in getting 2000 points of achievements.

>trying to get GTA IV working on my laptop again after reinstalling on steam for the first time since 2013
>game doesn't even start up because of GFWL getting removed and the R* Social Club shit not working
I just want to play as Niko dammit.

Attached: 1505370331795.png (1536x2048, 2.14M)

The only non-free-to-play game I had on GFWL was BioShock 2, and I was able to redeem my copy of that game on Steam, which was pretty nice.

Did other games get the same treatment?

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, Batman: Arkham Asylum/City, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record, DiRT 3, Resident Evil 5 and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.

AoE 2 is by far the most popular in the series and is usually considered the be the most popular RTS game of all time.
So yeah, they'll probably never stop unless literally everyone is going to move to the remaster when that comes out.

Yeah, I got some 20 games for free since it was so bugged

Weird. I actually thought GFWL died before some of those came out.

Yes the only game that I ever bought that required this service was Resident Evil 5 and that game was so bad that I didn't even bother redeeming it on steam when the service shut down.