It's the best one

It's the best one

Attached: the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-i29257.jpg (398x600, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXgKXsCeuvQ
zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Hyrule_Castle_Town.
youtube.com/watch?v=lRn8udbZEkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9FT6JZGfDzI
youtube.com/watch?v=jDgoPXyzwQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=nLo0NIJWccE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not a bad game, but it wasn't very original.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXgKXsCeuvQ

Attached: 1490584315621.gif (924x507, 993K)

Attached: zelda.png (1216x562, 391K)

The best one at being derivative, bland, ugy for it's time, and all around lame.

As someone who never played twilight, why is this game being shitposted daily on Yea Forums? I never understood the appeal and why people keep talking about it

Eh, I still prefer OoT, but TP was also great. With that said, I like BotW to both. I'd say it's #3 for 3D Zeldas.

> Timeless graphics
> Good storyline and actually fits in with the timeline
> Link actually has a personality
> Has best girl Medli
> Arguably best dungeons in the series
Literally what more do you want

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x308, 23K)

Stop spamming this shitty tier list, it's awful and your taste is awful.

I liked it. Complaints usually come from someone hitting a game-play bottleneck they can't pass. Someone might complain about the sailing, but it's because they suck at it. They might complain about the hunt for triforce pieces, but it's pretty much guaranteed that they suck at it. Nintendo is in a tough situation where some players want a challenge, while others want a "win button".

I felt like I kind of of outgrew OoT by the time I was 18 and decided to 100% everything. I had grown up with the game and by that time it had just lost its luster for me. That last run of it was fun and all, but I'm 30 now and to this day I still can't go back to it and enjoy it. I just lose interest about the time I hit Death Mountain. I've 100%'d Twilight Princess twice since its release and it's a game I still look forward to popping in once every 5 or so years.
Still haven't played BOTW. Watched my nephew play a lot of it, I wasn't hugely impressed but it seemed ok and he really seemed to love it.

It's one of the worst ones.

Attached: 20190617_204058.png (466x466, 286K)

If you have bad taste

No. I like getting (You)s

You're saying this about Wind Waker, the easiest game in the franchise.

Eh, I actually agree with his list more than the first one posted in this thread.

I too want to continually impregnate Midna until I cannot move anymore

There have been no bad Zelda games, but the harder they are, the more they will get complains from unskilled players that really just wanted to read a story.

You don't need to prove anything to me about your ability user. I don't even know who you are.

>linear as fuck and tons of hand-holding
>cringeworthy cutscenes
>not following up on certain story elements
>little to no innovation, doesn't even improve the formula from the N64 games
>Link isn't even as mobile as in previous games (Wind Waker Link could crouch and hide)
>filler tear segments
>no atmosphere
>too much expository dialogue
>artstyle that aged like milk
>swimming feels awful
>non-existent difficulty even by 3D Zelda standards
>final boss was predictable and boring
>dungeon design is basically on rails
>worst looking bokoblins in the series
>reusing the same areas and bosses
>most enemies are beaten in pretty much the same way: look for an opening, rapidly hit the B button until it recovers from the assault and guards again, rinse, repeat
>crappy story, failed to explain anything in a compelling manner
>NPCs are soulless and not engaging, you can't even interact with most people in Castle Town
>worst battle music in the series, which also ruined the midna's lament segment
>barely any sidequests
>basically no interconnected areas except for Lake Hylia
>Death Mountain Area is a fucking line with no branches or secret areas
>item usage was limited
>potions, fairies, upgrades, and the like are useless and offer no variety
>babby tier puzzles (open the door by shooting an obviously placed eye switch, woooow)
>dull soundtrack
>both the overworld and villages are shallow and not dynamic
>no free-roaming, gotta wait for the plot to explore other areas

If it weren't for Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess would have been the weakest 3D Zelda of all-time.

Attached: D9NTIp2XUAAdhSv.jpg (433x427, 18K)

>Arguably best dungeons in the series

I like Wind Waker, but what?

just described every 3D zelda give or take a few points

God tier Hyrule Field theme if nothing else

I played every 3D Zelda so far a few years ago, all for the first time ever. And I actually had to force myself to finish WW. I just didn't like it that much. It's shit, bro. You probably only like it because it came out when you were 12 years old. OoT and TP are better than WW. It's debatable whether it's better than SS or not though.

He isn't wrong. They were among the nearest to feeling like actual places instead of just a huge maze in the middle of nowhere.

Isn't ALBW the easiest Zelda game?

It's not Majora's Mask but its still up there

>Link's Awakening
>not Link's Awakening DX

Why?

If you like WW more than TP then you're a child. Grow up.

No, I actually died once in that game, which beats Wind Waker. It also has hero mode, but Wii U Wind Waker also has that.

it had its flaws but I enjoyed it a lot

I don't remember all the other 3D Zeldas having one of the worst prologues in gaming, awkward mobility, filler tear sections (well maybe SS had something similar but I admitted that one was worse), on rails dungeons, non-interactible NPCs, a segmented bottlenecked map, and almost no sidequests.

you mean like tower of the gods?

a spiraling maze in the middle of nowhere?

I was just using the images on the tier list generator at the time. You can put DX in the same tier. LA in general is fucking brilliant.

>If your opinion differs from mine then you need to change your opinion.

I think you're the one who needs to grow up.

>one of the worst prologues in gaming
forsaken fortress
>awkward mobility
what does this even mean
>filler tear sections (well maybe SS had something similar but I admitted that one was worse),
Triforce shard quest
ooT poe hunting
Zelda second quest
>on rails dungeons,
what
>non-interactible NPCs,
again, what?
>a segmented bottlenecked map,
aka wind waker until you finish forest temple
>almost no sidequests
it has plenty of sidequests
>malon mart
>magic armour
>love potion to the yetis
>fishing hole
>herding goats (B-B-B-B-BUT I HATED DOING IT, SO IT DOESNT COUNT)

Is this pasta now?

>>reusing the same areas and bosses

Attached: 1533410270846.jpg (374x374, 41K)

>actually thinking Forsaken Fortress is worse than TP's tutorial
>actually thinking the Triforce hunt, which allowed you to explore the entire overworld and collect the pieces out of order, is anywhere nearly as bad as the forced tear segments
>thinking the WW map is bottlenecked when it's literally a giant sea
>thinking his short list of sidequests is good

Yikes.

Not him, but not counting minigames, Twilight Princess had:

>Poe sidequest
>Bug sidequest
>Hyrule Castle Town donation sidequest
>Malo Mart expansion sidequest
>Hot springwater sidequest
>Bridge repair sidequest
>Howling stones
>Hidden grottos (without puzzles and only one room)
>Caverns
>Cave of Ordeals

Not counting minigames, Wind Waker had:

>Skull Necklace sidequest
>Gold Feather sidequest
>Joy Pendant sidequest
>Knight's Crest sidequest
>Blue Chu Jelly sidequest
>Lenzo's errands sidequest
>Pompie and Vera gossip sidequest
>Photo sidequests for Minenco, Kamo, and Linda
>Maggie's letter sidequest
>Thieving Mila sidequest
>Windmill repair sidequest
>Killer Bees sidequest
>Curing grandma sidequest
>Goron merchant trading sidequest
>Korok tree sidequest
>Nintendo Gallery sidequest
>Great Fairies
>Sea charts
>Fishman map charting
>Big Octo spots
>Hidden grottos (with puzzles and/or multiple rooms)
>Submarines
>Savage Labyrinth

>forsaken fortress forces stealth in a non stealth game
>forces you to trek across a jail youll be revisiting later anyway
>literally cant do anything except jump roll and run
>the triforce hunt is great because it forces you to go around the sea AGAIN looking for tiny shards rather than stringing out the quest throughout the game
Ive never understood WW fans. The quest is apparently great for exploring the sea, yet unless you avoided sailing anywhere at all throughout the game(which would make it LINEAR), you've already been to those places like 10 times
>the great sea isnt bottlenecked despite the KoRL literally saying "fuck you link, unless we're going to outroost, outset, or the forest temple, you cant go that way"

Based and Redpilled

Attached: 1492628436842.jpg (1112x1200, 259K)

I think he means the TP map itself is literally bottlenecked in shape. It's a valid complaint, because when you finally get complete freedom in the game it still feels linear whereas WW feels more open in comparison.

The "best" Zelda game is the one you played first as a kid.
Prove me wrong.

facts

Attached: 1559775413341.jpg (720x712, 38K)

I didnt play oracle of seasons until I was 20
my first game was OoT

Hunting for triforce shards isn't something you "suck" at, it's just boring and an obvious means of artificially padding out the game length.

Swap we and tp and it’s perfect

Probably because its good you dumbass

>not following up on certain story elements?
such as...?

Physics engine takes huge step back from wind waker (no gliding, no fanwind, no ropeswinging, no camera)
Bosses are easier than in any zelda. Armogohma goes down in seconds without even trying to attack Link, Morpheal wanders aimlessly, Ganon's beast form is downgrade from the Goron sumo fight.

Items are severely limited and underused

Links wolf form never gets any new abilities and limits an already combersome transformation to places where townspeople can't see you
NPC interactions were cut drastically and replaced with dialogue of people actively not knowing what link is doing, combined with him keeping his wolf form secret and not telling anyone about his ability to see spirits and ghosts, and it makes link seem like he might be a schizophrenic.

>I just didn't like it that much. It's shit, bro.
You just have shit taste

>again, what?

Why are you what'ing that? He's right, castle town is a fucking joke in this game because most of the NPCs there are lifeless.

>Links wolf form never gets any new abilities and limits an already combersome transformation to places where townspeople can't see you
what would "properly" implemented wolf link be like?

you can talk to plenty of NPC's in castle town

unless youre retarded and expect them to make the most densely populated part of the game to have like 50 people to talk to

Agitha
Charlo
Chudley
Dr. Borville
Jovani
Kili
Hannah
Misha
Purlo
Soal
Telma

Odds on BOTW2 releasing at end of next year?

clawshot spidermanning > Grappling hook

My first Zelda was Ocarina of Time and my favorite is Breath of the Wild. Go suck eggs

Attached: 1514124008294.jpg (1914x1317, 475K)

>he doesn't know what bottleneck means
>he thinks Forsaken Fortress, which at least involved some of the game's core gameplay, is as bad as TP's tutorial
>he missed the point about how the Triforce quest still allows for more freedom and exploration than the shitty tear segments

>some of the game's core gameplay
walking under barrels?
taking out searchlights?

By all means remind me when you do that again in the game

>that pic
I don't get it

>unless youre retarded and expect them to make the most densely populated part of the game to have like 50 people to talk to

Then don't make it that populated? Maybe focus on quality, not quantity? Maybe not put lifeless robot NPCs into a series known for giving ALL of its NPCs some degree of personality?

>more freedom and exploration
you go to a very specific point on a map, and you press the grappling hook button over a ring of light

how is that any different from tears

>make the main city in Hyrule have only a few people

well gee, that wouldnt make it the capital, would it

Here's an objective tier list
Majora's Mask > Wind Waker > Everything else

>majoras mask
Trash tier

Stop giving a shit about people knowing you can transform into a wolf, for one thing. In Kakariko at the very least, like fucking hell, the warp spot puts you right in line of sight of that kid so you have to run off behind a rock every fucking time.

Post-mastersword it wouldn't have heart to give wolf link or midna a variation of arrows, bombs or hookshot so you don't have to transform back and forth as tediously.

thoughts?

Attached: botw ruto.png (540x1340, 383K)

how the hell would a wolf use items

Because it was a very divisive game. Many people love it, but equally as many hate it. Go play it for yourself.

midna would while on Link's back, obviously

Cute

Then why is Minish Cap rated so high?

The parts where you have to find the bugs as a wolf automatically disqualifies it

I didn't say it would only have a few people, and you're still excusing bad game design. BotW has more NPCs than every other game in the series and you can talk to every one of them.

because its a great game

Attached: 1549090743761.png (723x431, 22K)

>bad game design, this city has almost no NPC's
>yes, it does
>NOT AS MANY AS BOTW, BAD GAME

Attached: 1550230844799.png (713x611, 26K)

Who rates MC that high anyway other than contrarians? It's a fairly by the numbers Zelda game and the kinstone quest sucked.

Why wouldn't it be? It's a fun cute game.

On the GC? No that would be wind waker
On the Wii? Yeah sure.

In what universe does "wasn't very original" translate into "completely ruined"?

and you don't get it till the end of the game.

Magnetic iron boots are great, but that mechanic dies after the goron mine.
Dominion rod could've been great if they had made more stuff for it to work on besides those five statues on the world map.

I had fun with the hammer at least.

>missing the point this hard

>Better than OoT
Nah
>Better than ALttP
Double nah
>better than the faggots on Yea Forums give it credit for
Yeah, this is true
>better than faggy hipster picks like Minish Cap
Yeah, I'll agree with this too.

Wait you weren't talking about OoT?

what point?

you were wrong and now you're comparing it to a game on a more powerful system

1- Variations of those items
2- wolf OR Midna.

Give midna twilight bombs, Have midna float in front of clawshot grates for wolflink to jump toward and dig into it.

Yes.

That's why I said "some", retard. You're still using enemy weapons, engaging in combat, navigating a dungeon-like area and fighting a miniboss at the end.

The charts make it different from tears because you actually have to explore the overworld, solve puzzles, and do all sorts of combat challenges (like the labyrinth) to get them.

> Good storyline and actually fits in with the timeline
That's a really weak argument, seeing how the timeline is basically ret-conned. Yeah WW is obviously made to take place after one of the other games. But the idea of some overarching timeline binding all the games is pretty weak.

Ocarina of Time is the most middle of the road game in the series. Majora's Mask, and plenty other games blow it out of the water.

Fucking tell me what final boss battle is better than Demise

First was ALTTP and favorite is TP

I didn't say MC was ruined, I just constantly see it rated as one of the best zelda games while the game itself is pure "hey remember these fan favourite characters?"

The point of the comparison was to illustrate that Nintendo generally allows you to interact with all the NPCs, even in BotW which has tons of NPCs. TP is the only exception. We've had densely populated towns before (Clock Town is one of them) and you could also chat with everyone in that location as well.

Stop excusing one of the worst towns in the entire franchise.

but you have to explore the overworld to get to the places where tears are, and do combat challenges like the fight arenas against twilit beasts

sounds exactly the same

>NES Zelda is the best
Nah, bro. ALttP or OoT is the best.

how is it the exception if it has plenty of NPC's to talk to? Im not understanding your point here

>Arguably best dungeons in the series

Has there ever been a statement so wrong?

Fucking abysmal taste

Out of those I've played:
>GREAT TIER
Zelda 1
Zelda 2
BotW
ALBW
>GOOD TIER
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Ages
>OKAY TIER
Spirit Tracks
>JUST NOT THAT GOOD TIER
Twilight Princess
Ocarina of Time

>but you have to explore the overworld to get to the places where tears are

No you don't. The story literally railroads you to the tear-collecting segments in TP, you never get to them by exploring freely.

peak contrarianism

and you dont explore to find the shards either, you go to a specific point on the map

unless you go out of your way to take the longest route to get there for some reason

If you wanted something new and different, it isn't that and you won't be happy.
If you wanted a further refinement of the gameplay already used in the prior titles, it is very much that and you should be happy.

Because the other user's original point was that it also had plenty of NPCs you couldn't talk to. Besides, Castle Town doesn't actually have that many talkable NPCs.

Not even being contrarian, that's 100% my honest opinion

BotW is absolutely amazing in what it does well but it has too many glaring flaws to be S tier.

11 NPC's isnt enough?

Yes, but you have to EXPLORE those places on the map. The story literally goes "okay find the triforce shards, they're everywhere in the overworld so you have to explore every nook and cranny" and leaves you to your own devices. TP's story makes you do all the tear segments in a linear order and won't even let you go off the beaten path or postpone doing them because the overworld hasn't opened up completely yet.

That makes you a contrarian

pls go back to /vr/

>find these shards

you get a map
drawn out to you
with the location on the map

Imagine actually thinking OOT is still good in 2019

No because I don't hold those opinions to be contrary to anything. Those are the value judgements I made. I didn't think "hmm, people like Ocarina so I'm going to dislike it". I just didn't think it was very good.

Not really? Clock Town had more NPCs than that and MM is six years older.

Objective list coming through

Attached: my-image(4).png (1216x467, 400K)

probably because Clocktown was the main hub for like 70% of the game

Ya, OoT was pretty overrated wasn't it

If you move Zelda 1 to S tier, along with BotW, you'd be very close to right

You're retarded. You have to go out and find the maps. The maps are a part of the quest. You can collect them in any order. They require overworld exploration unlike the tears.

>TP and WW over most of the 2D games
>AoL that fucking high
>BotW and FSA that fucking low

Come on, man.

you also get to shuttle back to tingle every 5 minutes with those maps to get them translated

is that part of the quest too? is that a feature?

Nice goalpost moving. Still have no idea why you're defending this area so much.

Zelda 1 is too meandering and in BotW I dislike the paint-by-number open world approach

what goalpost moving?
clocktower has so many NPC's because the game FOCUSES on quests. Being the mainhub of the game, there will be many people to talk to there because theyre the ones who have QUESTS

Twilight princess does not focus so much on quests, and neither does any other game besides MM. Still, it has a fuck ton of people to talk to zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Hyrule_Castle_Town. Its almost as many as OoT's

Zelda 1 is supposed to be maze-like, which is why it came with a map. It's not "meandering", you're just supposed to be exploring and figuring the world out
BotW feels very different from most open world games, I don't really see what's paint-by-numbers about it

These are the only games I've played. Working to play through them all in timeline order right now.

Attached: 1540762101221.png (1064x281, 180K)

You just summed up the entire Nintendo library since 1993

TP doesn't focus much on anything outside of dungeons, and even those are structurally linear as fuck.

That I like but Zelda 1 could have used a quest giving mechanic/hint system. That fucking bush dungeon man.

>reduced mobility and worse item utility = refinement of gameplay
?

now who's changing the argument

>is that part of the quest too?

The quest is:

Find the maps
Get the maps deciphered
Dig up the shards

KoRL literally tells you that's what you have to do as soon as the quest begins.

>reduced mobility

how? you have epona. you have the spinner. you have clawshots. you have snowboarding. you have teleports with midna's wormholes. you even have wolf form to switch too for FASTER mobility

and its arguably as much of a pain in the ass as tears

I haven't played any zelda games but TP and OOT on the 3DS

which one should be next? i have a switch but I don't trust the BOTW reviews, no modern game is THAT good

Attached: 1402400668612.gif (300x300, 2M)

Nobody except you. The argument is that TP is a bad Zelda game.

you keep changing your agument and saying "nuh uh, you cant talk to anyone in castle town" and yet repeatedly Ive shown double digit names of NPC's you can interact with

t. Faggot
Get better taste than that dick in your mouth.

>nuh uh, you cant talk to anyone in castle town

I never said that.

that was the whole argument, you fucking idiot

Put Ocarina of Time one tier lower and Wind Waker on tier higher and it's a pretty good list.

>thinking "most" means "any"

Reading fucking comprehension, TPleb.

I remember when Yea Forums loved Skyward Sword

Twilight Princess is my least favorite 3D Zelda game.

It's ok, I just don't like it.

A Link Between Worlds or A Link to the Past, to get some 2D action in there

what the fuck are you even trying to argue anymore

17 NPC's out of a fucking metropolis of people is good considering it was on a fucking gamecube

Hi ACfag

i liked it, 8.5/10

>wwcuck actually defending the Triforce hunt

I, for one, still do. And I don't understand why it gets as much hate as it does. Ghirahim is the best villain, best boss fight, and nobody can change my mind otherwise.

If you ever let game journalists influence your opinion, you're a mug. Just play it without any preconceptions. I did and I really like it, despite not liking 3D Zeldas

Demise was a better fight. Honestly the only really bad points of the game was the Imprisoned fights. Everything else was pretty good.

Same here. I liked how the surface world sections were a big outdoor dungeon too, and Ancient Cistern and Sandship were A+ dungeons. Really great music too.

Really slow, but I'll take a game with high peaks over one that's just average the whole way through.

The game does have a hint system.

>And I don't understand why it gets as much hate as it does.
Because it sucked ass and ruined the main characters through shitty lore that didn’t need to be explained

he's also forgetting the cat NPCs which you can talk to in wolf form. I would also argue that even the characters that don't talk are not at all lifeless, they're a lot more animated than the NPCs in the N64 Zeldas and aren't just standing around doing nothing, and they react to you when you explore the town in wolf form. OoT's Castle Town is much more lifeless than TP's.

as someone who's never played any zelda games besides some of BOTW (never beat it) whats a good play order for these games

TLJ effect. Ignoring the game itself it forever ruined iconic parts of Zelda like Ganondorf and the Master Sword with its terrible story and that makes it inexcusable.

I don't care HOW fun it is, it's shit.

Attached: 1419604304569.gif (400x311, 3M)

don't play MM or WW before OOT and don't play ST before WW

>implying that anyone cares about the lore and story of zelda games
yeah that's gonna be a "yikes" from me, boy

Let's be real though: when has Zelda ever had a good story?

since 1986?

Nintendo, like everything Japanese is the result of one middle-aged or pretty old fuckwit basically slave-driving way more talented people to create a game nobody really likes but pretends they do based on brand recognition and having the brain of a fucking toddler.

Majora's Mask, Windwaker, Breath of the Wild

Bro, come on

THIS. Knowing SS has now turned Link into a slave meatbag with no real choice of his own as made the series a little shittier.

>Breath of the Wild
yeah, muh coma ganon fart cloud, sure

Attached: 1476228813782.png (800x800, 206K)

>Majora's Mask,
Okay
>Windwaker, Breath of the Wild
Lmao no

Explain

explain what is wrong with WW's story

Majora's Mask was my third Zelda, and it's the best game ever made.

It was a retread of OoT’s first half par the interest of OoT.

pretty accurate, but all the games you put in S tier are overrated.

excuse you but GOTYAY is Star Wars Battlefront 2

Because Game Grumps is doing a playthrough of it.

This.

I'm playing Zelda games first time in my life and TP has easily been the dullest one yet. I'm pretty sure that for zoomers here it was the first Zelda ever, so that's why so many like it.

I found Wind Waker incredibly fun to play for the story and exploration and for having a link with some personality.

If you want something similar to OOT then get the Majora's Mask remake on the 3DS, but I encourage you to play through all the sidequests because they make the main plot all the more important.

>agreeing with a shitpost pasta

>I found Wind Waker incredibly fun to play for the story and exploration
>story and exploration
>Wind Waker
Lmao

Well it's the truth, so...

TP is still my favourite 3D Zelda. I'm hopeful for BoTW2 as that could correct everything wrong with the first one and possibly dethrone TP but for now TP reigns in my book.

Attached: hw-twili-midna.jpg (800x1650, 154K)

>reusing bosses
Don’t be such a dumbass user.

TP easily has some of the best characters who aren't the main trio, Zant and Midna are great as are some of the side characters like Malo

It's one of the reasons its my favorite, far more people are fleshed out and even games that have come after still haven't matched as well.

I just hope there’s no mention of the Twili in BotW2. I don’t want them to be digged up only for Aonuma and Fujibayashi to ruin them.

What races did BOTW ruin?

It seems all but confirmed with the glowing letters matching the Twili green and that song being ripped straight from their dimension. I'm remaining open minded with this as it's the end of the Zelda timeline so who knows what advances the Twili have gone through or if even Hyrule itself with its tech managed to open a new door to the realm for whatever reason.

why would you ever assume that the worst-case scenario WOULDN'T happen?

If it's the end of the timeline, how come the bird people are full bird? Weren't they regressing into humans with some bird stuff
t. didn't play BOTW

It brought back the Ruto and Zoras in the same game where there was a good reason for the Ruto to exist in WW.

*Rito, not Ruto

>oh no they're in the same game at the same time
literally who cares

because I don't hold the same exaggerated unwarranted cynicism towards a series that has mostly remained consistently good throughout its entire 30+ year history

With Aonuma and Fujibayashi at his side, I always brace for the worse.

them being split in the first place was retarded

>literally who cares
Hi Aonuma, I wish Koizumi was making Zelda and not u.

Hyrule was banished to the seas forever. Turning the Zoras into birds was just a way keeping magic looters out.

Then Hyrule was destroyed by the triforce letting evolution split between fish and bird.

No really, who gives a shit? If you want to bitch, bitch about the fact that botw is like 1,000,000,000 into the future and that this gives a blanket excuse to say "oh man at some point the seas flooded because XXXX incarnation of ganon pulled some bullshit and now there's bird people too."
Locking the Rito, who are a fun race, behind two separate walls that are (a) direct sequels to WW and (b) forbidding the existence of Zora, another fun race, at the same time, is a stupid decision.

Literally the worst 3D Zelda. I cannot fathom how anyone could think it was a good game, let alone the best Zelda game.

Yeah that shit was pretty stupid but Hylia making a comeback after only appearing in SS and never mentioned in any of the other games, and then SURPASSING the Golden Goddesses was downright retarded. Fuck Fujibayashi for trying to force his awful OC.

How does the "hero defeated" timeline even work, anyway? Link getting killed during his adventures at least once is canon, but ONLY in OOT?

>Literally the worst 3D Zelda.
Chill out mate we still have Wind Waker.

It's because of time shenanigans. Due to Link playing god with time it made it possible for multiple timelines to exist.

WW is better than TP for a number of reasons. It shares a lot of its flaws, like being too railroaded, having shit filler here and there, being way too easy, but at least the dungeons were better, at least the overworld was better, at least the aesthetics were 10/10, the music good, and the story was actually much better.

ok but why don't the goddesses do some time fuckery to purge the bad ends from the record and stitch together the good ends like they do in MM?

There was never anything about Hylia surpassing the golden goddesses, stop talking out of your ass.
Hylia didn't have a role in the creation of the world. She's the guardian goddess who opposed Demise, and she became mortal and chose a hero to help fight alongside her in order to access the Triforce which is only a fraction of the power that the golden goddesses possess.

>dungeons were better,
They weren’t
>at least the overworld was better
It really wasn’t when it’s nothing but blue and copy paste island
>at least the aesthetics were 10/10
Yes
>the music good
Yes
>and the story was actually much better.
Nah, Link and Midna fucking shit up made for a better story.

>but at least the dungeons were better
Some of the worst dungeons in all of 3D Zelda
>at least the overworld was better
Most of it is sailing an ocean which gets very boring
>at least the aesthetics were 10/10
I can agree with this

Because the bad stuff entertains them just look at Ganondorf getting the Triforce as he was executed. The divine joke. Peace is boring and Ganondorf is their ultimate entertainer.

>There was never anything about Hylia surpassing the golden goddesses
Nigga, we’re at a point where it’s just Hylia and little no mention of the GGs.

Why is Din such a bitch?

Truth be told, Zelda brought this shit down on them by ineptly letting the dude walts in while Link was sealed. Also, SS. Hylia can’t do her job right.

Because shes hot

>Zelda """""""""lore""""""""""""

Attached: 1540686666160.png (740x557, 250K)

They let Hylia housesit for them and the dumb bitch let Demise inside and he shit on the floor. Din never let this go.

Nice selfie user :)

I thought they were evolved versions of the birds from Skyward Sword.

I mean do you really need to hear the same creation story over and over again? There's nothing else to talk about with them.
Hylia being the main object of worship makes sense because she's the guardian deity who actually does all the work of actually protecting Hyrule. The golden goddesses just fucked off after creating the world and left behind their magic triangles.

And I don't think their influence is completely gone from BotW. We could very well see the Triforce play a role in the sequel. And I think they also played a role in the Shiekah technology (powered by blue flame, the same blue flame as Nayru's flame from SS?), and it's quite possible that Farore's flame had something to do with Link being able to see the spirits of the champions since you could see green flames around their ghosts whenever they showed up. Din's flame was probably the source of the malice that Ganon used to take over the guardians and create the Blight bosses.

Why is this series so fucking decisive? All the games are critical y praised, but then among the fans an idividual entry is one of the best to one person but a piece of crap to someone else?

Like case and point, so one ranks their Top 5 Zelda's, and they don't include WW in their top 5. Someone gets mad and ask why they didn't include WW, and they respond saying its a cut content game, with bad padding in the last part of the game and needed a HD update to apologize for its faults. Or someone says TP is their favorite but then another person says it's nothing but a watered down OoT full of terrible padding.

Is it better to say no Zelda game is bad, just that some just don't jive with some fans instead of being a bad game?

Attached: image.jpg (400x342, 58K)

I'm glad that botw and it's sequels are telling the community to relax about trying to fit each game into one of the 3 timelines from OOT. It's been getting kind of forced.

Attached: Zelda Tier.png (855x467, 351K)

I'd like less fucking bloom please

Because talking like this
>All the games are good!
>Agreed user, what's your favorite? :) haha
>lol!
Isn't interesting.

>Why is this series so fucking decisive?
Each game is different, they share a lot of stuff at the core but each one distinct enough to appeal to some but not all. For example I really wasn't a fan of BoTW it just felt really empty to me both narratively and gameplay wise with the lack of dungeons however I really liked the new flexibility it had.

Is Hyrule Warriors good? never played musuo but i heard they are repetitive trash for insects, does Zelda themeing save it?

Eh. I wouldn't be sure it was a particularly divisive. It's a particularly divisive franchise and WW, MM and BotW were all more divisive than TP.

No one sane thinks it's a """bad""" game because it isn't. But it really didn't try to push the series forward in any way as opposed to any other title in the franchise.

The things it played safe, were executed better in previous installments, and the things it did better than previous installments were kind of shallow like the gimmicky sword techniques and the themes for some of the dungeons.

Add in some terrible pacing issues and a glaringly underdeveloped main gimmick such as the wolf transformation, and you got yourself the most inconsequential game in the series.

Attached: my-image.png (1216x467, 353K)

OOT GOOD

>Hylia being the main object of worship makes sense because she's the guardian deity who actually does all the work of actually protecting Hyrule.
It doesn’t when you realize she’s only appeared in the beginning and the end, but never in the middle (rest) of the series.

I don't see MM, BotW, or WW being more divisive than TP. It seems like the opposite really.

Why dont you try it and form your own opinion. Or hell we both know you don't play any vidya just watch an lp like you usually do.

>I don't see MM, BotW, or WW being more divisive than TP.
Have you been hiding under a rock your life?

But having people screeching at each talking about how someone else's favorite Zelda game is terrible and why they have "shit taste" isn't any better.

>just try it bro lol

All of those were kind of disruptive within the series in a way that made great chunks of the fanbase either hate them or love them to death.
TP to people was either good or meh, I think.

Saying MM is your favorite Zelda now is as cliche now as saying OoT was your favorite years ago. WW is largely appreciated now as I don't see nearly people looking down upon it now as TP. And BotW is generally accepted as a good game and getting the series back on track after titles like SS and PH. I also just don't stick around Yea Forums where everything is negative.

Then you didn't pay attention to what the story of Skyward Sword was actually saying.

Hylia was the one who set up the whole recurring hero system that counters Demise's recurring curse of hatred. She's the REASON a hero always shows up whenever Hyrule needs saving from Demise's curse. And she's also the reason the Zelda of every game is able to intuitively figure out what's going on and call on the hero/guide him towards the goal and help him seal Ganon. It's just not true that Hylia hasn't done anything since SS.

Pandora's Tower is the best Zelda game. Prove me wrong.

I'm kidding but legit question. How many of you have even played it.

Attached: pandoras_tower.jpg (1280x1024, 733K)

This post only reminds me why I hated SS so much.

Imagine all of Yea Forums being transported to this variation of Hyrule.

DUDE WHAT IF LINK ZELDA AND DORF BEING IN EVERY GAME WAS BECAUSE OF DEEP LORE LOL

To be frank, botw only needs a select few things to be the GOAT zelda game:
>Each divine beast needs to be larger and/or needs to have a Hyrule Castle-esque dungeon involved in taming it.
>The springs of power/wisdom/courage and their associated dragons need to have more to them than just being shrines, perhaps a quest to get a full set of Champion's gear.
>All of the major settlements in the game need to be bigger.
>NPCs should have more dialogue.
>fix the materials section of the UI by splitting it into separate sections for rocks/minerals, monster parts/elixer items, and food items.
Hopefully the sequel will address these concerns.

I forgot that a sequel should also include a way to repair weapons or craft your own.

I checked it out of a library once for a couple of days didn't finish it before I had to return it

Why don't Hylia or Farore/Nayru gift their champions with awesome magic power like Din gives to hers? Are they weak, or just stupid?

imagine this gets remade, in WW graphics.

Bro did you play TP? Link is a shit smasher in it because of his ToC.

Then it surpasses WW as the best Toon Zelda game. Again.

Spoilers. Your yandere ancestor cursed your gf and wants to be your wife.

Attached: Elena.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Like hell he is, botw Link is just as physically strong if not stronger and he's got nothing.

LoZ: Good
AoL: Good
ALttP: Great
OoT: Great
MM: Great
LA: Great
OoS: Good
OoA: Okay
WW: Good
MC: Good
TP: Okay
PH: Meh
SS: Meh
ST: Meh
ALBW: Good
BotW: Good

One of the most solid game franchises of all time.

Attached: images.jpg (201x251, 7K)

>botw Link is just as physically strong if not stronger and he's got nothing.
Did BotW Link hold off Ganondorf on the ToC.

>>All of the major settlements in the game need to be bigger.
>>NPCs should have more dialogue.
I dunno about that. I thought the Hylian settlements were plenty big. The NPC dialog content in Kakariko, Hateno, and the travelers going between the towns and stables (as well as some of the stable crews themselves) altogether had quite a satisfying amount of decent flavor text and memorable Zelda-like quirks.
Same with Zora's Domain, it was by far the biggest and most well developed Zora settlement in the series.
Gerudo Town was pure kino. WAY more interesting as a town than Gerudo Fortress was after you cleared that area and became an ally.
Goron City was a bit lackluster, but at least there were several other little settlements of Gorons in the hot springs/mines throughout the area to make up for it.
Rito Village was the only part where I felt the NPCs were kinda lackluster. Besides the singing loli birds, every other Rito character felt boring and samey and their elder was such a nothing character.
I really don't think BotW needed better towns/NPCs in general, I thought that part was extremely well done. It needed better main quest content/dungeons.

It is one of the most definitive Zelda titles. Doesn't matter if people either love it or hate it. It's a must play and considering you've never played it, you just ousted yourself as either a zoomer or underage. In which case you should go back to r3ddit, faggot.

This is the only zelda game I ever finished, and I did everything I could do. I cant scale it but it holds a special place.

>TP is one of the most definitive Zelda titles.

It absolutely isn't. It's not particularly good at anything within the series, and it's not particularly good in its balance either. It's good, but any other Zelda is more memorable than TP.

Attached: testicular torsion.png (435x157, 95K)

Your favorite Zelda game isn't the best.

/thread

>It's not particularly good at anything within the series, and it's not particularly good in its balance either.
Best companion and Link superb atmosphere, best dungeons in the 3D verse. It’s a good Zelda.

Can't botw Link parry attacks from calamity ganon?

Yikes.

where the FUCK are my oracle remasters

Attached: 1437397861599.jpg (234x282, 21K)

>albw in great tier
>not even mentioning alttp
go play alttp user

Projectile attacks.

>best dungeons in the 3D verse

I actually like the Links Awakening Remake art style so is it worth a play? I've heard the OG one is good

Attached: 2131421418492.jpg (225x225, 17K)

I like all Zelda games to varying degrees except SS, and PH. What does that make me?

based but consider liking those two more

normal

No self respecting person should like SS.

I love Zelda, I didn't particularly enjoy TP and thought it was one of the weaker ones, but the fact that every game in the mainline is someones favorite just shows how fucking good the series as a whole is.

Attached: 564ea3b9f1c171e2108f644595e9d91e.jpg (600x800, 72K)

TP had the ugliest zora

It's not bad by any means. It's a good game.

Midna was unargueably the best thing of TP and probably the best companion in the series but its gameplay implementation was halfassed as fuck, and the dungeons were good in their themes but not specially good game-design wise.

Wind Waker has a timeless art style, unique setting, cool Ganon, and decent new items. It's a great game.

Attached: ww.jpg (2560x1440, 624K)

That could also be seen as a bad thing in that every game splits the fans. Isn't the point to make everyone happy?

>but not specially good game-design wise.
It’s 3D Zelda, the dungeons aren’t game changers, just set pieces foe the eyes. Just happened to be that TP has the best set pieces of them all.

"weak" Zeldas are still amazing and better than 99% of games of other franchises.
I was perfectly happy with TP despite liking others more.

Attached: 1a647a32f7d7fbaa00fa6bad8aaa0f3d96b9b1dc_hq.jpg (576x1024, 68K)

Trying to make everyone happy is how you get lowest common denominator games like Fortnite and Call of Duty. The best games are divisive.

>cringeworthy cutscenes
post better cutscenes
>not following up on certain story elements
??? What? Please specify.
>little to no innovation, doesn't even improve the formula from the N64 games
bruh the main plotpoint was transform into a fucking wolf, switching up the gameplay entirely.
>Link isn't even as mobile as in previous games (Wind Waker Link could crouch and hide)
Really? Crouching and sliding on walls is the best you've got? TP Link has the same mobility as WW Link in terms of his combat ability, though, but you're not gonna mention that. (Not to mention he surfs on a leaf down a mountain.)
>filler tear segments
...You mean sidequests? Things that you can easily ignore? Someone Elaborate.
>no atmosphere
Twilight realm easily refutes this.
>too much expository dialogue
There's a fucking skip button.
>artstyle that aged like milk
Some games precede their time, some don't.

The rest of these critiques are zoomer-tier complaints. I've no doubt that BOTW was your first game, and from there on, you decided to play the old games to unfairly compare them to BOTW to form this shitty copy-pasta. Kill yourself, zoomer.

Attached: 1551896308853s.jpg (124x124, 3K)

This, I can't imagine anyone unironically disliking this game. Also Hero of Winds is the best Link, and you literally can not dispute this fact. Wind Waker was fucking great.

You can’t be great when you’re a subpar at best.

it gets very tedious in more than 1 way. great for one playthrough, atleast, but probably not more
toon link is best link

TP Link and OOT Link are way bigger Chads than WW Link

I do agree that it's best for just one play through, a magical experience meant for one time only. Though I might replay it in ten years. I didn't find it tedious at all, just due to how much I loved adventuring and exploring the vast ocean. Fantastic taste on Link though.
I never actually played Twilight Princess, so I don't know about him, but the Hero of Time was kind of meh. He works well as a legend, but in actuality he didn't strike me as anything noteworthy. However I do know of his role in Twilight Princess, and I do really like that version of him, making e Hero's Shade my third favorite Link. To me, the Hero of Winds just proved in every capacity that he's a hero, a kid brave enough to face an evil so he could save his sister, which lead him to pulling the trifoce out of the ocean. His acts prove to me that he's the best Link.
Hero of Winds > Hero of Legend > Hero's Shade

This be it for me.

Attached: Truth.png (1144x527, 384K)

Damn, why TP so low and SS above it?

?? I'll never understand the 'Zelda has a shit story' meme. Basically every game in the series has a really charming plot and scenario. Video game stories shouldn't need to be overly complex and grandiose to be considered good in their own right.

Shitposting

Attached: A17883D7-8054-44C7-A9F5-2388D81E14A2.jpg (1920x1080, 859K)

The devs literally confirmed that BotW is the latest/most recent game in the timeline

Christ is this the only 3D game that gets visually better with age?

Didn't the Zora evolve into the Rito? Why the fuck are the two species existing st the same time?

I actually stopped like 2 dungeons into TP because of the Tears. The obnoxious shit you do in each area just burnt me out on the game. Not to mention how hand-holdy the first like 2 hours of the game are.

If you’re going to be terrible at everything but be good in one thing, you better be damn good at that one thing.

XXX amount of years into the progress of any of the other 2 timelines, Ganon awakens and fucks up the world sufficiently badly to provoke the appearance of the Rito. That, or they just evolve spontaneously as a part of the relentless march of time. Botw is so far flung into the future that it doesn't matter. Don't think about it too hard.

It gets better after Lakebed Temple for me

To me the overworld wasn't interesting, the wolf wasn't fleshed out enough, the intro and I personally didn't find the artstyle appealing (I guess I like brighter colors).
I like SS because of its combat, upgrade system and level design in the overworld. I really enjoy dungeons in Zelda, so I actually liked that the overworld was sort of a big dungeon before the dungeon. Will admit though that the revisits, no towns and the Loftwing bring down the game a lot.

reminder:
top-down Zeldas>3D-Zeldas

It might be something I return to because I've just been replaying shit. Finished Link to the Past hours ago, beat OoT 3DS/MM3DS like two years ago with BOTW. WWHD a year before that.

I'd probably replay BOTW but this time on PC instead of the Wii U and see what mods are out.

>I like SS because of its combat
Just buy Simon Says. It’s the same thing without any of SS’ awfulness to bring it down.

>2:26
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
youtube.com/watch?v=lRn8udbZEkQ

Attached: awaken.jpg (331x176, 7K)

I'm the same way, likely going to replay ALTTP before the LA remake is out if I have the time

That musical cue is the best part of this game's bosses

Attached: play-that-funky-music-white-boy-quote-1.jpg (640x474, 67K)

Enjoy the sodium, fanatical plebeians.

Attached: Salt.png (1064x558, 463K)

It's top 3 easiest but Hero Mode makes it harder than ALTTP

Music fit for a final boss IMO.

youtube.com/watch?v=9FT6JZGfDzI
youtube.com/watch?v=jDgoPXyzwQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=nLo0NIJWccE

Attached: 6348.jpg (520x520, 33K)

If nothing else, this game did by far the best job in the series, at least up to that point, of making the location believable places. There were hints as to what each location was otherwise supposed to be in a some earlier games, like OoT's Forst Temple being an abandoned outpost that was consumed by the forest, or MM's Stone Tower being a monument to the hubris of a civilisation so enamoured with themselves that they thought to defy the gods themselves; but none of these ever felt like anything practical where someone really lived or worked, they felt like a skin on a videogame level. TP was able to make Snowpeak feel like a real mansion hidden high up in the mountains, the Arbiter's Grounds genuinely seemed like a place of imprisonment and execution for the most part, the Goron Mines actually came across as somewhere the Gorons were digging through to find edible rocks, and the Lakebed Temple actually navigated like a place of worship built around the practical concerns of a race of sub-aquatic humanoid creatures. I never bought the setting to the same extent in any game before it.

Decent list. Good job user. I'd bring down WW down to B, and LBTW to A

>OOT on the same tier as TP

Attached: 1416880747416.jpg (403x312, 17K)

>takes 2 hours for the game to actually get going even when you know what you're doing
>tries to tug at heart strings with NPCs that are irrelevant until the plot reminds you they exist
>everything about Midna especially the stupid lament sequence as wolf Link
>combat is the most brain dead in the Zelda series this side of BoTW and Skyward Sword
>the wolf fetch quests
>every boss fight is outright garbage
>dungeon design is bland
>dungeon music is some of the worst in the series with the exception of City in the Sky
>gives you several weapons with most of them being useless after their initial dungeon

If you've played enough Zelda games by the time you reach Twilight Princess it's honestly nothing special Hell I rate it below Skyward Sword and that game is beyond awful.

Yea, I would give ALBW an A- if the list had something more then a B but less then an A.
Had some refreshing mechanical changes. (Item Rental, Wall Merge).

no

What's the intended strategy to fight Windblight? I shot him to death with bomb arrows and a lynel blow because he wouldn't come in range of my sword. Is this what the devs intended, or was this cheese?

headshots to make him fall to the ground so you can pummel him. use the wind updrafts to take advantage of the midair bullet-time aiming to get a better shot at his face.

I was getting the headshot sounds but his stagger state never made him actually fall, he would stun for maybe a second and then get right back up, hence why I switched to bomb arrows since I figured that a ranged fight was the way Nintendo wanted it to be done.

TP is best for wiping your ass with

wow, rude

hmm, I could've sworn I did it that way. did you specifically target the glowing eye thing on his face?
maybe there's a certain time during his pattern where he does become vulnerable to falling to the ground. I don't quite remember, but I'm 99% sure I managed to fight him with melee weapons before.

Twilight Princess is unironically my favorite game of all time

Based.

>Isn't the point to make everyone happy?
Fool errand

TP is the last Zelda to feel like Zelda, but it still wasn't that great. It's the equivalent to one of Disney's gritty live action reboots. Dark in the most shallow ways possible but no inner substance. Just tries to piggyback on all of OoT's strengths but falls short on all of it.

I really wish Nintendo would make a BOTW styled game with Twilight Princess' world. The idea of a decaying society lapsing over into a completely different parallel world is neat and being able to travel though both the normal world and the twilight world in an open setting would be cool.

>Just tries to piggyback on all of OoT's strengths but falls short on all of it.
Only pacing, that’s the one thing OoT did best above all. Also TP’s atmosphere was top notch.

You mean exactly like A Link to the Past?

Light World is pretty well off in that though.

TP took 16 hours to not be shit, and even after that it only wound up being decent/good.

WW is the best one.

>WW is the best one
Thanks for the laugh user

>The idea of a decaying society lapsing over into a completely different parallel world is neat
Now that I think about it, TP Hyrule Kingdom looked like it was in a bit of a slump.

So everyone hates skyward sword?
It didn't even get an hd version like TP did
I never played it, why is it so bad?

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess got HD remasters a decade after release, I would wait until then

That might just be because the art style sucked. Goddamn that game had some flat-out bad designs. It was like some twisted mix of realism and cartoon. If the game wanted to be ugly, it succeeded.

>That might just be because the art style sucked.
It's executing that art style on what they had at the time that fucked them.

OoT's dark atmosphere and dungeon design were way better. No Zelda still comes close.

>No Zelda still comes close.
Except TP.

Swap Skyward Sword with Four Swords and it's correct.

Majora's Mask

Ugly overworlds, ugly designs, horrendous pacing, repetitive goose chases, bad music, bad hand holding tactics, bad story etc. The only somewhat redeeming quality is some of the later dungeons.

Crap I was too focused on shitting on TP I forgot about MM. Yeah, MM's atmosphere is slightly better. But I consider those two a pair.

Not wrong

Being original doesn’t mean it’s good in fact most original shit isn’t. Being original means being the first which means being unrefined. TP is a refined ocarina of time it’s fucking amazing.

>Zelda will never be this melancholy ever again

Traveling the overworld of botw is surprisingly melancholy. It's all just ruins and dead people.