Is this worth a try for 8 bucks?

Is this worth a try for 8 bucks?

Attached: 220px-Rise_of_the_Tomb_Raider.jpg (220x262, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h3BUHf07fOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yup, pretty cool game

can try it for 1 dollar on gamepass

Sure if you liked the game that came out before that.

Bit boring, but hardly bad.

how long is it? i liked the first one and ive got gamepass now so ill give it a go

hell yeah, tomb raider games have been great this gen.

Rise has the worst/ugliest Lara ever and the story is utter shit and boring.

I kind of liked it but I also hated it for shitting on the franchise

Probably 15 hours if you're playing casually but there's a bunch of collectibles and stuff that can be fun to do

Attached: 14581497431780.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

the only reason people play these games is for her ass, if you're looking to have a fun time or you're looking in the wrong place
but if this is the cheapest price it gets to, then go for it

For that cheap? Yeah.

I think the franchise has been shat on more than enough so that doesn't even matter anymore.

>tr2013 a pretty fun game, with great atmosphere, incredible action scenes, kinda ruined by the auto heal stuff but otherwise uncharted done much better
>rottr, vastly improved gameplay, vastly improved content, healthpacks give the survival thing better, lacks the survival feeling of the first one, especially because the first one literally murdered you brutally if you made a mistake
>shadow,m completly non sensical plot, every leader of the good guys is a woman, the big bad guy leader of an ancient illuminati like cult, is some
stupid adopted spic that tries to save his home from muh invaders. No action, shitty puzzles.
Thank you eidos you bunch of hacks.

Still matters to me

more like worst bait

>buy Tomb Raider 2013 last week for $6
>expected Uncharted but worse
>Lara controls way more freely than Nate
>It takes 4 games for Nate to get what Lara gets three hours in, the climbing pick.
>Dumbass serious Lost plot, presumably to differentiate itself from Uncharted,
>I can do this I can do this I can do this
>yet after Lara freaks out over shooting a man, she's showered in "Epic headshot! +15 Awesome Points" like it's call of duty
>Shitty QTEs you can't turn off, including having to button mash every. single. time. you do a stealth melee kill or open a big chest, but oh well
>Lara surprisingly has multiple melee options, including Pocket Sand

The game looks like an ugly and generic trash-filled island, but it's way more fun than I expected, wtf? I bought Rise as well. Tell me, does Rise and Shadow shift the tone closer to the earlier games? I want fun confident action hero Lara not whiny blood-caked Katniss Everdeen Lara.

Attached: 1544621586442.png (1033x1059, 492K)

Nah, new lara is psychopathic killer who cries when she gets homesick. RotR is good for killing and action but shadow has a serioous lack of killing compared to the first 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=h3BUHf07fOE

She becomes less whiny but she's not anything like old Lara in terms of personality apart from a few action scenes.

It's a fun game mechanically and Lara looks her best in rise

Imagine the smell haha.

This unironically looks great, does Rise have any moments like this?

I liked uncharted more I think. at least the second one and forward. The 2013 tomb raider certainly had potential to be better but felt like it just fell flat somehow. Might actually be partly because the story and characters were kind of boring. yeayea story stuff doesn't matter in vidya games read a book fag, but I still rather have decent story than non interesting one.

I just finished it a couple days ago because of that $1 Xbox game pass.

It's basically a tweaked version of the previous game. I like the additions they made to climbing. They doubled down on the collectathon bullshit and I gave up on trying to 100% when I realized just how pointless it all was. I would recommend you do the same, just do the tombs. The tombs are better than the previous game though they could have been taken further. Honestly these games would be better if they were just a linear sequence of combat and puzzles with minimal fluff. Which... sounds familiar... but I can't quite remember what franchise used to be like that...

I do think Rise Lara looks weird. Seems like they were trying to combine 2013 Lara with classic Lara. The story is also shit, that is true. Lara herself is the only redeeming aspect.

Agreed, despite their issues the reboot Tomb Raiders feel way more like games than Uncharted. Way more freedom of movement and actual failure states.

tfw Uncharted did the limited open ended levels angle better.

Attached: 1550533052849.jpg (1920x1080, 822K)

For 8 bucks yeah.

Now I've only played for about 4 hours but so far it seems Uncharted has stronger combat design regarding levels and enemy AI. In Tomb Raider 2013 it seems like I can just alert them and they'll all rush into my gunfire whereas in Uncharted I had to run around and platform while shooting, even on the masochist difficulty.

addendum: in TR2013 you can't even aim and shoot while jumping.

not as good as the first one in the reboot but better than the third

bought goty for 15 eurobucks a summer ago. no ragrets

Attached: 1552525506501.png (436x531, 419K)