Anyone getting tired of this formula? It's always a time of war...

Anyone getting tired of this formula? It's always a time of war, you never meet more than a handful of NPCs and they're usually cryptic freaks that require some weird item for their quest. What about a nice town somewhere with normal people and several shops?

Attached: sekiroshadowsdietwice.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

play something else pussy

Are you trying to get a job a From Studio?

Why are you pitching your shitty game idea

No u

>game idea pitch
What the FUCK are you on about?

ELDEN RING

You are right. They could add that stuff and should. I remember hitting some areas and thinking how odd it was that Sekiro immediately started stealth killing everything. And in the end both sides would team up to kill you mid-war. Still, like Dark Souls Remastered and Bloodborne, Sekiro is a 10/10 experience for me. Compelling stuff.

>What about a nice town somewhere with normal people and several shops
What is firelink shrine/majula

Sparsely populated cryptic creeps hanging around in the land of existential nightmares has been From's M.O. since King's Field. They're not going to make a Skyrim, or a Witcher.

don't play it if you don't like it
thats like complaining about generic military fps

Technically you don’t have to kill anyone until Gyoubu

Games like this are just made to make you uncomfortable at all times

ogre

>I don't like this tired formula, use this OTHER tired formula instead!

Based retard

That’s not a human

That’s not the point—there are few non-hostiles in the world and that makes the universe feel claustrophobic—in a narrative sense.

Looks like it's gonna be exactly the same desu

Check your privilege.

You are literally storming a castle. You think they are just gonna let you through?

ogres used to be humans

This

It will. Stale but COMPELLING formula. The GRRM angle is pretty clever.

>It's always a time of war
This isn't true, though.

>Nice town with normal people
>Not a time of hardship
>Not seeing things from the viewpoint of one insignificant person who grows to become a world shaping figure.

If there's no hardship, what are you fighting against?

If there's no unrest, struggle, or problems, why are you fighting?

If you know everything and there's no mystery, why bother listening?

Honestly if you want that shit just go play literally any JRPG.

racist

I'll just go and play less shitty souls games thanks faggot

This is why I referenced it in a narrative sense. Sekiro borrows a lot from MGS but in those hostilely worlds there was still a narrative and conversational respites. Remember that we are talking about the lack of friendly towns here.

>stealth kills and grapplehook make exploring locations easy as piss
>you can rush through all the locations in no time
Ummmmmm how do we make gaijin pay 60 dorarusu if we made game so easy he can burasutu sru it in 20 minutes???
>*makes boss fights 10 minute long, punishes literally any input except for the one intended by devs*

Never though I'll say it, but they finally did it, they made artificial difficulty.

Fpbp

You enter a heavenly universe and immediately start killing sentient creatures playing melodies on their flutes. What we are discussing is that From is stuck in formula where living creatures give you no more motivation to kill them than the barrels of fire do in Donkey Kong. It’s just an observation.

But user, you can have all that stuff and what I said.

Are you a fucking gay bitch boy or what, because you clearly didn't see what he was asking.

A common rest area would be fucking nice you goddamn retard , fuck you.

I agree. So is it formula, budget, or production time that has caused this rut? And remember I love Sekiro, not hating on it here.

NOOOO PLEASE CHANGE THE GAME FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1502968294091.png (583x608, 53K)

I kinda get where he's coming from. It doesn't have to be the whole game, but it can help the story by showing what the hero is fighting for. The whole world is in chaos, but the Shire is left mostly peaceful during the Lord of the Rings, and that gives Frodo and Sam something to fight for. They kinda did this by making Kuro so kind-hearted in Sekiro. Sometimes in Dark Souls or Bloodborne, you can lose sight of the reason why your character is doing everything beyond "you're the chosen one" or "a hunter must hunt".

Apparently you'll get what you want in Elden Ring.

>shire is left peaceful during lotr

get the fuck out movie only zoomer.

>mostly peaceful
Reading comprehension? Relative to Rohan and especially Gondor, it got off lightly.

How are the tax policies in Elden Ring?

Yes because those slimy blue fucks attack you first, what the fuck was their problem?

Barren landscapes and no huge city hubs?
Yes this will remain the same, buts thats only like 10% of what makes these games work
Elden ring is bringing botw like simulation systems, open world freedom and a more fantasy epic angle
Looking like fronsofts magnum opus boys

Grow up.

Ha, sure. But you really only fight them because they’re flagged red and hostile. Barrels of fire thrown by Donkey Kong.

>A common rest area

They've always had those. Firelink, sculptor's temple, and Majula are literally a calm, safe place where people hang out and sell things.

You can't have a generic JRPG town because it is completely incongruous with the events going on. Its LITERALLY a zombie apocalypse, you can't have a happy little town full of friendly anime faggots because that would completely undermine the tone and the idea that the world is in danger.

Well I’m all for it. Discard the souls leveling system and it’s 11/10.

How is there a time of war in the Souls series? Are you stupid? Sekiro is the first game where you're in the middle of a war.

I actually walked up to one in order to interact with it. The faggot just turned around and started to play his melody and turning magic after me

If you die you get one chance to get back all your shit. If you fuck up again it's gone forever.

Attached: aliens bb.png (700x700, 591K)

Dark Souls games don't take place during a time of war, they take place after the end of the world has basically happened and you're trudging through what's left

Attached: 1553557402552.png (1914x1413, 112K)

Worked for Walking Dead, Attack on Titan, and roughly a million other IPs in different mediums...

I don't want Dark Souls buildfaggotry. I'm fine with Bloodborne-tier builds but if it's closer to Nioh than it is to Bloodborne I'll want to gouge my eyes out. I can't fucking stand buildfaggotry.

>dude why isn't it like every other generic RPG
I always find it ironic how people get "tired" of a formula yet their solution is to make it more like everything else on the market.
fpbp

I couldn’t hit the Initiate Conversation button fast enough, and by then it was too late to load my last save.

If they see you they murder you

Ha, yep

Not really, everything you described is barely in every one of From's games, and it's so irrelevant to the main course you might even say you're nitpicking.

Way to prove my point.
You could have googled the answer, but instead you act like a smug retard.

Sure, but then retards will say its not an rpg.

Well that’s darn rude.

No I love this formule, I want it to get evolved, polished and better. The huge reason why I loved es and DS1 was the sad stories around bosses and npcs. Everything afterwards except Bloodborne, felt a let down especially because of this reason. I want to feel melancholic againm, I want to hear a truly honest sob stories of npcs on par of Des and DS again. Damn I miss it so much...

Attached: 1558383032735.png (700x933, 624K)

That’s the point—this formula has gone on for a long time and every mob is a killer mushroom and you’re Mario. There’s little motivation besides what to kill next.

But I love killing

I like rape.

I don’t, it’s cruel.

>Wanting towns of generic NPCs like every other JRPG ever
Nah leave that shit in Bathesda games. From games were always about making you feel isolated in a hostile world.

You meet more NPCs in Sekiro than other games and you literally are walking into their town going to their shops. What a dumb example to use.

No...You fucking idiot.

Actually think about what you just said. How did attack on titan FUCKING BEGIN?! It began with the happy safe town being smashed open and attacked. It began with the safety being destroyed and the old comforts literally getting eaten. After that, when did they have a nice safe place to return to? When they were in boot camp? When they were fighting the female titan on patrol? When Erin was being interrogated? When they were returning to the wailing and despair of the families of dead party members?

No, attack on titan HAD a happy safe place that was then destroyed and never existed again except as halcyon memories.

As per the walking dead I have no fucking clue. Never got beyond the first game but as I remember there weren't really any good times there either. Maybe a few scattered moments of peace but no happy JRPG town.

they're all like that you fucking retard