When did you realize that FromSoft are just pushing to become another generic AAA company?

When did you realize that FromSoft are just pushing to become another generic AAA company?
They are only out to appeal to the day 1 buyer normie/casual with no longevity to their games anymore.

Normies still talk about Bloodborne and Sekiro, but never actually discuss it. It's just:

>Hurr it was great!!!
>Why?
>...

Meanwhile Dark Souls 3 is still very active and yet no casual faggot is talking about it. Fuck you

Attached: From-Soft_12-28-18.jpg (600x337, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

destructoid.com/from-software-explains-how-it-would-approach-a-new-armored-core-557800.phtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bloodborne was good because of its setting, soundtrack, bosses, insight mechanics, weapon mechanics and how they can switch and stuff, and its 'twist.' Sekiro was so-so, probably the worst souls game thus far.

>They are only out to appeal to the day 1 buyer normie/casual
go kill yourself faggot

No one cared about Bloodborne or Sekiro a week after release lmao

>generic AAA company
>appeal to one specific audience
>Sekiro, Bloodborne, DeS, DaS
>casuals
Ok buddy, whatever you say.

It's the exact opposite, Dark Souls is normie as fuck and Sekiro has much more niche appeal.

Elden Ring is going back to normiedom by hiring GRRM who wrote MUH GOT as well as Dark Souls-esque dark western fantasy with RPG elements. It's even incorporating the open world meme.

Why is that a bad thing? Long-term discussions are garbage and devolve into the same circlejerks and stale shitposting. The best time to discuss a game is right when it comes out. Frankly I'm glad Sekiro didn't suffer from PvP autism.

Soulsfags are cancer

Bloodborne had probably the best enemy design in any game ever made. It had a rich saturated atmosphere, great combat, great level design, some fantastic bosses, it was weird, the story was complete, the soundtrack is a monumental achievement, and its literally one of only two games ever made that subverted expectations in a really great way (the other being MGS2).
There's a reason people consider it the best game of the generation and easily among the greatest ever.

I think its because Dark Souls 3 is the third in a tired series where as Sekiro and Bloodborne were fresh.

?
There are multiple BB threads up right now retard. BB is the one game that isn't forgotten this generation.

Counter question, when have you realized it's a fucking awful talantless one-note trash company that basically does the same game since King's Field and now does the SAME game yet again?

THey are far away from being a "generic AAA company". Generic AAA companies at least can still churn out actual masterpieces like Dead Space once every blue moon, From is unpolished trash, always was, always will be, only liked by bugmen NeoFAGs.

Attached: 1551632002276.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

Attached: 1551650098666.webm (720x404, 1.67M)

DeS and DaS2 were the only good games.

How many more times are you gonna post this webm?

>Dark Souls is normie as fuck
Any game you can talk about with random strangers is normie as fuck

Exactly, Dark Souls has become synonymous with difficulty in games, it's the go-to example for even the most casual of casual players. OP is retarded to argue that Dark Souls is somehow less normie than a more thoroughbred action title that's distinctly Japanese like Sekiro.

>the story was complete

hardly

There's so much unexplained shit in Bloodborne you could write a book about it, which someone actually did.

I can post a milion different

Attached: dat grab kek.webm (640x360, 1.11M)

DS3 is the worst Soulsbornekiro game though

What's the deal of this webm? It's a well known mechanic from DaS 1 and deeply rooted in the lore. If you don't get you should investigate some time into the genius of the game.

sure sekiro was shit, but their next title sounds very promising
>larger world
>actual rpg mechanics
>actual story and lore
that would fix many of the ds weakpoints, so it's basically the opposite of sekiro, which made everything worse

Asides from Persona 5, BB is the only cult japanese exclusive title released for PS4 this generation that is actually worth discussing.

Sekiro has the best bosses and best gameplay of any base game From Software release thus far. That it compares to the likes of the former games DLC's without having it's own is an achievement in and of itself.

It's the only decent one. That people who like this trash think it's bad is very illustrative of the braindead Souls fanbase though.

Attached: 1498620325678.webm (960x600, 1.63M)

Attached: 1526170807721.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

>We're dropping different classes, stats, items, weapons, sets, looks, style and literally everything but believe us, now we can provide the perfect game without any bugs and glitches.

Attached: 32462345342532524356234.jpg (700x941, 36K)

Your inner brainlet is showing.
Just because you need it explained to you doesn't mean it's unexplained. Also, because something is unexplained doesn't mean it's not complete.

All this color saturation. Is this the remaster?

One word.
Pthumerian.

>b--b-b-bb--b-but b-b-b-br-br-brainlet!

They accomplished it though.
Reminder that Sekiro was a Tenchu game at first. It was never trying to be the next souls game.

My problem with Sekiro's bosses is that you have to fight them all (bar ape and demon) the same way. The parry-spam meme complaint is actually a valid point. L1 spam actually does beat the game for you, and it's a big problem.

Shit thread, kys SAGE

Well it ended up being the next souls game, so apparently they didn't do a very good job.

Are a few moments of janky physics supposed to be more significant than the entire of DS3 being a creatively bankrupt waste of time?

>They accomplished it though.

It's funny because it's technically the worst game they ever made. It's fucking broken but they don't seem to care at all. Is there at least one boss encounter you can't just glitch to win?

I don't get it. You're either baiting or a complete retard. What's your plan here?

It's not just about the discussion it's about people playing the fucking game retard. Imagine paying full price for an 8 hour game

The difference is what you see in the webm are arguments, your waffle isn't. Ringed City and the bosses there alone are more creative than all the shit you can see in Souls 1, from le wolf with sword in mouth to Lost Izalith and generic stone golems.

Attached: unfair shit collision and shit ai.webm (1256x696, 1.3M)

Parrying is an intrinsic part of Sekiro's gameplay design, that doesn't mean it's bad, nor does it mean that each fight plays out exactly the same.

Gyoubu, Divine Dragon, Corrupted Monk, Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, Isshin, and Owl are hardly similar fights at all. Really, the only thing that differentiates Sekiro's humanoid bosses from previous game encounters is that there is a tendency for swiftness and lighter weaponry.

all the shitters who call the L1 parry "an easy mechanic" should provide proof of beating the game charmless. Until then, your opinion is discarded

most of these people complaining about deflection just watch videos of people playing sekiro flawlessly on youtube and just assume they can do the same cuz muh parry is easy to do

>When did you realize that FromSoft are just pushing to become another generic AAA company?
since the ds2 downgrade, ds3, the knock off demaster of ds1 they sold for full price, the constant recycling of older games into "le special editions" and trilogy packs trying to milk them off as hard as possible.

publishers do that not fromsoft you dum dum

>that feel when you loved armored core, king's field, and lost kingdoms
>that feel when from only makes souls-esque games now.

Attached: barbaraisout.jpg (750x564, 68K)

8 hours my ass. Watching an NG+ stream isn’t the same as playing the game.

If you don't count running around and trying to find the right path most souls game have like fucking 5 hours of gameplay

That and they will never ever make a new Another Century Episode.
I thought they said another Armored Core was in the works but I guess it was all lies :(

Attached: 66F31A60-3566-44D2-904D-8D25C6242A27.jpg (900x1050, 188K)

Absolutely.

my statement gets more powerful for every your post

we're talking about it in a shitposting thread, like right now

I've gotten all 4 endings, did charmless and bell for the Shira (?) ending. The L1 parry mechanic is absolutely not a meme

Again, that means you watched it on YouTube and ran past everything. It’s no different than using a cheat code on a Nintendo 64 game if you ask me.

From Software don't know how to make games. Dark Souls 1 was a lucky disaster and anything past that has shown that both B-team and Miyazaki make mediocre games.

i think its definitely a meme. If you did all those things, I am sure you are pretty good at the game, but 95% of people aren't. They would absolutely get destroyed charmless while spamming L1 with no sense of timing or rhythm. Complaining about L1 deflect is like complaining about rolling in dark souls. Both can be mastered to trivialize enemies.

Based FROM sitting out literal GOTYs every two years meanwhile western devs take almost a decade to develop their souless open world meme games.

Attached: 1499399266296.png (600x1135, 440K)

>▶
They are one of the few who make good and decent games and don't take years after it's revealed to let us get the game. You know the thing that Square Enix and Naughty Dog is doing right now.

>Naughty Dog
Last time they made a good game was on PS2.

Well, Sekiro was great. Why? Because it did exactly what Miyazaki wanted it to:
He wanted the feeling of swords clashing to be a big focal point
He wanted a historical, but mythological look at Sengoku Japan
He wanted to take the soulslike shit in a harder, newer direction that would still please soulsfags and newfags alike
You know why From won’t be like other triple A studios? Because their lead director has vision. Miyazaki says he wants to create something specific and wonderful, and he and his team actually fucking do it. They don’t make shitty promises, they want your money in exchange for a good game and not the other way around. Now, once Miyazaki retires or is somehow ejected from From Software, that’s when they’ll fall apart. But until then, I’m enjoying what they’re putting out.

>When did you realize that FromSoft are just pushing to become another generic AAA company?
When they shut down servers for Chromehounds and never announced Chromehounds 2.

But all their games after DaS 1 were shit. BB was ok. Maybe they shouldn't rush and shit a game out every year.

They should just make another mecha game, I have been waiting for years but it looks like from will stick to fantasy

There was a 3 year gap between Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro. Similarly, there was a 4 year gap between the Bloodborne team and their next game, Sekiro. And there will presumably be a four or five year gap between Dark Souls 3's team and Elden Ring. Of course, the "team's", if you will, are highly flexible entities.

They don't rush out games every year. And DS1 wasn't so good either like Yea Forums is saying. Copy pasta bosses like DS2, frame drops before DSfix or remasterd came out. Only 4 diffrent directions to roll. Shitty pvp. DS2 has a better pvp then 1 and 3. And even with it's problems is better then DS1 in a lot of parts and sekiro has the best gameplay.
So FROM is stilll one of the companys who makes good games.

Ds1 fags have nothing to cling onto besides muhh interconnected world and boy they cling onto that meme hard

I realized it when Miyazaki became company president, and anyone with two brain cells should've done the same. The goal of any business is to continually grow and expand their audience.

Attached: yakuza.jpg (700x393, 52K)

>>Why?
because they had great gameplay
great atmosphere
great designs
etc
etc

kill yourself

Almost as hard as Demons Souls cuckboys hang onto the "muh atmosphere" meme. That old charming, made with love, soulful buzzword, that je ne sais quoi, if you will.

cause the game is shit in nearly everything else.

>anything past that has shown that both B-team and Miyazaki make mediocre games
bloodborne proves otherwise though

Correct, it proves they can make subpar ones too.

>those games sell around 3-4 million
>normies buying them

Attached: 1558464377467.png (512x512, 137K)

it's FROM's magnum opus, you retard

>darksouls
>not casual trash
lmao

Reminder that Armored Core is coming and it's not going to be weird mashup of souls + robot

>the "gameplay" is based around one mechanic
>it's "hard" because you get infinite lives
>the story is "good" because it's just disconnected cryptic nonsense
>"i-i-is this series turning to generic AAA casual shit?"
I mean....

>dark souls but all of the mechanics that made it stand out are gutted
amazing

Ringed City was my favourite piece of Souls content, but you're fucking full of shit
>what you see in the webm are arguments
how the fuck is "dude fails a jump" an argument
>le wolf with sword in mouth
not a common trope
>Lost Izalith
the lore is pretty unique and to be honest the level is also very unique, I dare you to find a worse area in Souls
>generic stone golems
But DaS1 didn't have any stone golems

I know they announced but it but I haven’t heard anything else outside of that.
no news of progress but I still believe

>DaS1 didn't have any stone golems

Attached: Stone Knight.jpg (643x834, 418K)

> From Software
MORE LIKE BUM SOFTWARE
'CAUSE IT REEKS OF ASS

Attached: AVN.jpg (800x450, 41K)

They recently talked a bit more about it, they want the serie to get wider appeal but without westernizing it, or something
destructoid.com/from-software-explains-how-it-would-approach-a-new-armored-core-557800.phtml

>dark souls but all unnecessary filler removed and doesn't play like complete jank
*ftfy

and what mechanics made it stand out? the absolute joke that is souls PvP?

>make good games
>become successful
>continue to make good games
>somehow this is a bad thing to the contrarians on Yea Forums
Kill yourself

Attached: 1505025109295.png (1080x1288, 1.47M)

that's a giant stone warrior not a golem

Oh shit, completely forgot these existed
Still, I wouldn't say they're generic, most stone golems are animated rocks, not suits of armor made out of stone

>golem

golem
/ˈɡəʊləm/

((((in Jewish legend)))) a clay figure brought to life by magic.
an automaton or robot.

automaton
/ɔːˈtɒmət(ə)n/

a moving mechanical device made in imitation of a human being.

Sorry, I don't believe a dictionary that includes fucking /pol/ memes into its definitions

The PvP was good if you treated it as what it was- a fun little addition to the game's experience, and not some fucking esport shit
And if you honestly don't see the appeal of different builds then you're just shitposting

Great to hear that they are taking their time to make sure that they get it right.
>open to the idea of King’s Field and Armored Core remasters
I would love to see an Armored Core 2 remaster but I doubt there would be enough support for it.

Soulsborne games have absolutely basic combat that was only made remotely interesting by two things: stamina management and attack commitment. BB and DS3 threw both of these things into the trash because stamina regenerates so fast that it's practically a nonissue, but it's still present enough to make the game feel clunkier than it should be. With the exception of a few weapons in both, everything you do can almost immediately be cancelled into your super safe spammable dodge and it makes them both piss easy. I legitimately think people who think BB and DS3 have amazing combat have never played another action game in their life because I couldn't imagine going from something like Ninja Gaiden, DMC, Bayonetta, etc. to the R1 mashfest that everyone accused earlier entries of being and thinking it's something groundbreaking.
At the very least DS3 still does a decent job of rewarding the other good aspect of Souls games by rewarding exploration with all of the weapons and armor scattered around the areas, but Bloodborne still drops the ball in that regard due to the absolutely tiny equipment pool.
That's not even going into shit like the near-removal of RPG mechanics and thus lower build variety and replayability, the QOL changes they reversed, and performance issues.

I don't care how much they reuse some formula, assets or whatever IF THEY MAKE GOOD GAMES that's all i need.

although i can admit i am getting tired of the formula i bet i can get roped right back in if they just made bloodborne 2
damn it miyazaki just make bloodborne 2

Attached: DzZKGuZX4AA-L9F.jpg (803x688, 61K)

I'd rather they made a spiritual successor if they were ever return to that type of setting. It would give them both fresh narrative opportunities, and access to a platform that doesn't lock the game to sludge-like performance. Sometimes when playing BB I wonder whether the unusual floaty feeling I sometimes experience when playing is a consequence of the archaic demons souls-engine or just the awful performance.