(YOU)

(YOU)
STAND ALONE

Amid Evil

Attached: 7687656546546.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/2f5pyxwwmulu8h5/Andrew_Hulshult_-_Amid_Evil_%28Original_Game_Soundtrack%29.zip/file
store.steampowered.com/app/893680/Project_Warlock/
store.steampowered.com/app/1072150/Hedon/
store.steampowered.com/app/753590/Hellbound/
store.steampowered.com/app/490360/Hermodr/
youtube.com/watch?v=_q7FhWEtF1M
youtube.com/watch?v=cbJTDNELRSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it good?

I was hyped as fuck for this game and Dusk, but most of that hype disappeared when both games were released in Early Access.

I find the art-style incredibly unattractive and the enemies quite boring.

It's finally out of EA and it's really damn good.

elder scrolls did it already

Attached: Molag_Bal_X.png (800x800, 1.1M)

Does that actually happen in-game, though? Amid Evil's final boss ends like the cover art.

Yes it does.

Attached: molag-ball-in-game.jpg (1024x576, 45K)

Neat.

Attached: AmidEvil-Win64-Shipping 2019-06-19 13-02-00-33.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

Is this game like Hexen?

>I find the art-style incredibly unattractive
ok, lil zoomie

I just fucking want Ion Maiden to come out.

FUCK IRON MAIDEN FOR THAT FUCKING LAWSUIT

No. If anything it's like Heretic and Unreal.

Music is absolutely amazing, reminds me of Final Doom a lot. Artstyle is an amazing blend of sprites, lowpoly models and hi-def textures. Lack of texture filtering makes hires textures a pain to look at though. Also the game is kinda easy even on evil difficulty because you are showered with health and ways to nuke the entire room. The fact that "shotgun" goes after "rocket launcher" and is stronger and easier to use is really weird.

I'm a big fan of games using early 3d models like Unreal and Hexen 2, but i'm just not a fan of Amid Evil's aesthetic.

Amid Evil is more like Quake 1. Just progress through the level killing enemies and picking up keys until you win.

HeXeN 1 and 2 had backtracking and puzzle elements.

Attached: QUADRABOOB.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

Its coming out soon for real tho
I'm on their discord, devs say its very very very close like first week of July close

I like it.

Attached: ae.jpg (3440x1440, 922K)

DUSK is better, IMO, but this is good.

rushed to release before the court stops it

it's good but ue is trash

I really hope so. I'm so excited for it, actually bought the game just to play the early-access campaign, which is the firs time I've ever paid for early access cancer.
That preview campaign was top fucking tier, some of the best build engine levels ever.

Attached: 20190219171359_1.jpg (2560x1440, 542K)

Wrath looks pretty good too

Is this shit on GOG?
post the mega link

Dusk, Amid Evil, Ion Maiden, Wrath: Aeon of Ruin

There's some good classic FPS games on the market. Although, I'm not sold on Wrath. Aeon of Ruin desu, it looks pretty meh.

Attached: ss_83d6703d25339788bb3549630ce417cf3a3ca772.jpg (1920x1080, 576K)

this nigga got a trident attached to his chest or what

Attached: why.png (491x335, 5K)

>that well in the epilogue level

uh oh

It is on GOG, but a game doesn't have to be on GOG for you to pirate it. If you're only pirating DRM-free games and buying the ones with DRM, you're telling the industry that DRM is good.

Yah but from what I've heard you can hop around and get mad speed with your melee arm blade thing
Its releasing in early access this summer like ion maiden did so hopefully its good

welcome to 90´s fps

here's the flac for the whole soundtrack, kino dtuff desu

mediafire.com/file/2f5pyxwwmulu8h5/Andrew_Hulshult_-_Amid_Evil_%28Original_Game_Soundtrack%29.zip/file

What were the best episodes and why were they 1, 4, and 6?

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.55M)

store.steampowered.com/app/893680/Project_Warlock/

store.steampowered.com/app/1072150/Hedon/

store.steampowered.com/app/753590/Hellbound/

store.steampowered.com/app/490360/Hermodr/

It's pretty good. I think Dusk is an all around more consistently good experience, but AE is still good fun.

>no 5
the forge was top tier on music and atmosphere

Definitely worth the $16 it is currently selling for

Doom .wad's will always be best.

Game looks fun but how many hours can you actually get out of it?

This is definitive proof that you are a zoomer

Probably like 8 hours on a first playthrough if you're looking for secrets and not blasting through. I'm on the 6th episode now and have a little over 5 hours.

>those laughs when you pick up weapons

Attached: 1124214.jpg (645x610, 48K)

Is there a map editor and decent online?

It also has an endless horde mode with different arenas.

Not at all. I played 007 on my n64 last night. I just think it's funny that throwback games like this intentionally include one of the worst aspects of early fps games that was drastically improved at the end of the 90's when the unreal engine came out.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with centered weapons.

That's your opinion, my guy. I'm not judging you for liking something I don't. Just saw an opportunity for a funny ha ha. No need to get salty

I find this and Dusk to be really odd, original Quake still feels way more appealing both visually and gameplay-wise to me, at least from what I can tell from the videos.
Might dl them both later and maybe buy if I'm convinced.

A few months ago someone showed up another "retro" FPS that looked great, but forgot the name. I think it was made by the dudes who made those huge ass Quake levels that got popular "recently". Fuck my memory holy shit.

Attached: 1554724776546.png (184x184, 53K)

You're thinking of Wrath.

They're both pretty good. Can't wait for Dusk SDK.

No Man's Sky

FYI if you're going to get AE and you already own Dusk, buy it through the dual pack and you'll save a buck.

Nice, thanks.

My only real complaint thus far is that it feels like there should be more enemies at any given time in combat. Although I'm playing on hard and I guess there's a difficulty above this so I don't know if that is fixed or not.

>tfw sound card isn't good enough to play

Attached: AE requirements.png (626x277, 15K)

>he plays games with the sound on
Psshh look at this casual

It's OK, it has issues but they must not be named because there is an insane cult around this game here apparently.

It's not even remotely as good as Dusk, but it's fine for the price tag. Just don't expect masterpiece.

Dusk feels a lot worse from videos than it feels to play. But it is great. It's ugly as a sin and nothing about it seems appealing, but my god once you get into the rythm of the combat, it's one of the best games out there.

Ah, it's this guy from the last thread.

>at least from what I can tell from the videos
Games are for playing my friend.

Why did they make enemies unique to episodes? It works thematically but it makes it so the really well designed enemies get shafted after just a few levels and some episodes are stuck with really lackluster bestiaries. Also none of the monsters can intertwine their attack types to create unique challenge. It's sad.

I wanna buy it but the sharpness effect looks really really bad. Is there an option in the settings to turn it off?

Yep. That is me. The one you accussed of reposting the same thing in "every" thread even though I've literally mentioned the same concerns once more than three months ago in a very different fashion, and you idiots instantly mobed me, acting like absolute fucking retards.

It really is a fucking shame. You fucking faggots make discussing a an interesting title literally impossible. God damn garbage you are.

COME ON! KILL ME PUNY MAN!

Attached: IMG_8269.jpg (400x470, 30K)

>I'm gonna enter the void dimension made of fractal structures I wonder what kind of challenge will await me there
>oh it's that rock golem from egypt

Thread was just fine until you showed up.

This.

I'm really glad they had little selections of enemies for each of the areas, makes the atmosphere for each place gel better, and increases the feeling of you being on this kick ass journey.

INSIDE I
STAND ALONE

Attached: 657929.jpg (1440x1080, 1.16M)

That just means when the custom levels come out, you can see some really crazy unit combinations.

Attached: 1529357052915.gif (412x304, 2.59M)

>i was just pretending to be retarded!1
essentially the cancer killing this site,kys

you're some fag with a vendetta

You mean it was fine until somebody mentioned something negative about the game?
Yeah... Fun fact: how many times did you fucking idiots ended up saying I am right in the last thread? Six, seven times? Yet you still were insanely angry and paranoid. Fucking hell, you people are a fucking piece of work.

>tfw the Champion gets a good ending

Attached: 1436754071959.jpg (478x463, 153K)

youre such a fucking loser

Unlike everyone else.

They shouldn't have succumbed to evil.

Attached: 1.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

That's a nice picture very quality

insane palette

>Is it good?
Painfully mediocre.

-only 6 "guns" with no alternative fire mode and one of those is bfg kind of weapon, you will be tired of it really fast
-non exsitent enemy variety per level as each enemy type is locked to a level it means despite an impressive list of 30 or so enemies you will see the same 5 over and over for a hour until you switch to next level.
-bullet spongy enemies, even basic enemies on some maps require multiple shots from your rocket launcher
-"shotgun" does shit all damage, this game version of shotgun is really week on most maps and requires multiple point black shoots making it worthless on higher difficulty levels
- too much platforming over instant death pit falls
- entire levels taking place on narrow walkways over instant death pitfalls
-weapons take too long to swap

+few levels are nice
+big enemy variety overall
+lots of bosses
+secrets and shit
+amazing final levels
+can be fun in small bursts

Dunno a 6/10 is max from me.

>same amount of weapons as Doom, but more creative
>false
>false outside of intentionally large enemies
>false
>not an issue
>false
>opinion

>6 Guns

Actually its 7 plus an alt mode

How many games have you fight 30 individually different enemies at once, especially in the FPS genre? NONE.

Enemies aren't spongy and have resistances and weaknesses

Shotgun? Be clear do you mean the sword or the mace? I don't think you know

Platforming heavy sections have instant resets without you dying, mostly.

7 weapons.
1 is melee weapon.
1 is bfg.

So its actually just 5 weapons you are using 95% of the time...

It's pretty neat so far. I've only played a little bit of the game, but the one thing that irks me is that all of the enemies I've encountered so far just relentlessly run towards you instead of trying to snipe from a distance or evade.
The graphics, sound, and soundtrack are all fucking great though.

Attached: grafics full.jpg (808x728, 187K)

If you are using you the grape gun and the axe that little... you're obviously bad at or don't understand this game.

>melee weapon that one shots melee rushers
>room clearer
Are these suddenly not viable options? Trips don't stop you from being a fag.

you lack critical information

What are the issues?

>Actually its 7 plus an alt mode
the "alt mode" is a powerup you turn on now and then and realize you wasted it as there are no enemies to fight.
I fucking hate that mechanic, give me a proper fucking alt mode.

And axe is worthless unless you want to die or fight few easy enemas you can circle strafe or haw slow attacks, vs most you will get punished for using it.
BFG is situational.

I just ended up using the mace shotgun, the laser sword and the staff. Honestly staff is best vs most things. I have no clue whats the point of the trident, it does lowest demage of all weapons, is single target, and to use its chain splash function requires to keep shooting after you kill the enemy by which point others can move out of range. When i got swarmed i just rolled out the BFG or the rocket launcher.
Fuck off, using the melee weapon vs most enemies is suicide. Especially the later harder ones that can fucking rape you in seconds.

This brings back good memories

>you lack critical information
lmao, what?

Both of those games have left early access, Dusk half a year ago and Amid Evil just recently.

>BFG is situational.

it's the gun you hoard ammo for the boss then boss is piss easy even without it and you wished you used some ammo earlier in the game. there's no point in overly hoarding pink ammo since one or two soul mode shots will melt bosses anyway and one regular shot will clear the entire room that would be too troublesome using any other guns.

>What are the issues?
This guy summed them actually fairly accurately, safe for few small misinformations.

The biggest and most serious problem is enemy variety and resulting awful encounter design. Enemies are spread way too thin, because the decision made early into the game prevents the option of enemies being reused across multiple episodes.
The result is that in every episode you'll be always fighting maximum variety of five different guys at once, usually much less than that. It does not help that a lot of the enemy designs are very, very formulaic across the episodes. Small melee rusher, medium size ranged, big bloke with AOE attack. Half the episodes.
Combine that with the small arsenal which isn't all that well ballanced, and some trully fucking AWFUL level desing and you have pretty major issue on your hand.

Now, some levels are great. Some episodes are decent. The first level usually is the most fun because you haven't figured out all the enemy patterns yet.

But there is a variety problem across the board with this game, and I have no idea why admitting that triggers people so fucking badly around here.

Nice quads.

What's the appeal of Dusk? It just looks like Quake with a dull artstyle

>but more creative

>basic melee axe
>basic single target weak projectile weapon
>slow moving enemy piercing projectile weapon
>Lightning Gun
>rocket launcher
>nail shotgun
>BFG

Outside of that sword slash thingie and that nail mace thing its run of the mill generic weapons with less creativity than games from 20 years ago.
Lighting gun and rocket launcher are biggest disappointments by far since they look like they should be more interesting in their mechanics.

>it's the gun you hoard ammo for the boss then boss is piss easy even without it and you wished you used some ammo earlier in the game. there's no point in overly hoarding pink ammo since one or two soul mode shots will melt bosses anyway and one regular shot will clear the entire room that would be too troublesome using any other guns.
Actually i found it worthless for bosses. The mace + soul mode destroyed everything.
Overall the Bosses died so fast in soul mode i had problems caring, on other hand all other normal mode weapons did shit all.
Only bosses i was sweating a bit was the lava guy who was immune to attacks, annoying, and that eye rock thing as it was tanky as all fuck.
>The result is that in every episode you'll be always fighting maximum variety of five different guys at once, usually much less than that. It does not help that a lot of the enemy designs are very, very formulaic across the episodes. Small melee rusher, medium size ranged, big bloke with AOE attack. Half the episodes.
Yep, i cant even think of a level where i did fight 5 enemy types at once outside of last one.
Usually you fight 1 or 2 in every encounter, 3 later in a level making it rather repetitive.
Its usually Melee, or Mele vs melee/ranged hybrid guy, and then some tanky enemy at the end.

The sword truly feel pretty bad and it's not just the small damage but the slow projectile and fire rate. You end up using it because of the spread but no other reason than that.

I didn't had any problems with "instant death pitfalls", they were usually on the borders of the map and the most annoying thing was falling to the start of the level after climbing some huge building like in the first level.

>But there is a variety problem across the board with this game, and I have no idea why admitting that triggers people so fucking badly around here.

because different people understand variety differently. some people are content with Amid Evil enemy balance and each episode provides fresh experience so enemies don't outstay their welcome. others have ADHD and they already get bored with enemy selection 10 minutes into the level.

First level is the best with the best song.

youtube.com/watch?v=_q7FhWEtF1M

Attached: benis.png (1920x1080, 3.23M)

>Lighting gun and rocket launcher are biggest disappointments by far since they look like they should be more interesting in their mechanics.

you can keep shooting the enemy with lighting gun to make corpse explode and zap all other nearby enemies. it's like you never actually tried to play the game and understand it

Andrew Houlshot alongside Mick Gordon on Quake reboot when?

Are you really going to sit there and tell me Doom's guns are more creative than Amid Evil's?

>The sword truly feel pretty bad and it's not just the small damage but the slow projectile and fire rate. You end up using it because of the spread but no other reason than that.
Using it in last 3 levels pissed me off since the basic enemies took like 4 of 5 slashes to die and my go to weapon the mace was useless as you couldnt tell where their body is due to the way they are distorted by smoke or something and how they teleport around dodging narrow projectiles. I just ended up ignoring them often and running past when i could not waste the limited ammo.

don't bother replying he will find 9000 other reasons why the game you enjoy is shit

Oh shit, no way.
In thanks i got some secret knowledge for you too, press space and you move up in air allowing you to get past those holes in ground.
>Are you really going to sit there and tell me Doom's guns are more creative than Amid Evil's?
So that one game that was made 20 years ago isnt as varied so this one should be ether?
Doom wasnt the only game of the time, everything from Blood to Duke to Hexen came out too in same time.

>i like it so its perfect and you cant criticize it
Nice going. Maybe resetera would be more to your liking, there you cant criticize games. Unless you want to call them racist and sexists, then its ok.

>The sword truly feel pretty bad and it's not just the small damage but the slow projectile and fire rate.
There are other problems with it too. In the first episode it has the insanely annoying tendency to cancel out with enemy attacks which not only cancels the shot, but introduces a short delay on your next attack. In the solar solstice episode, ricochetting off shields is also a problem, again making it less than optimal decision. There is absolutely NOTHING to use it against in the Sacred Path - you literally only use it for all of the five minutes before you get the water staff. It generally feels like a such a underexplored weapon.

It's only really good when overcharged but all of the weapons are, which is another issue: once overcharged, there usually isn't much fucking difference between which weapon you use because they all become so overpowered the distinctiveness is blurred.

Except what you are saying is abjectly wrong, because outstaying their welcome is precisely what does happen in Amid Evil. It's almost like you PURPOSEFULLY do not want to acknowledge the objective problem the game has?

youtube.com/watch?v=cbJTDNELRSk
epic gamer moment

Why was Ranger so fucking ugly?

FEELING YOUR STING DOWN INSIDE ME
I'M NOT DYING FOR IT

He lived a hard life.

Attached: 1534295888733.png (683x536, 36K)

I wanted to like it but the weapons just didn't click for me, and weapons are everything in a shooter. The blue "Hold LM to win" staff was particularly underwhelming, especially since it was the staple. The soul power always triggering when I didn't need it was dumb too.

Why do enemies do so little damage? I'm on evil difficulty.

Attached: 1477799307991.png (1200x903, 54K)

I removed the text.

Attached: amid 1561308223874.png (1920x1080, 2.79M)

Since the balance is shit, and some levels are a cake walk even on highest difficult and some are just stupid hard out of nowhere.

noice

Attached: noice.jpg (333x267, 19K)

You can set the soul power to activate on a separate key if that bothers you. It's a bit more "cheating" but it is an option. I still think proper power-ups would be a much better decision though.

It's fun. The game does indeed look like hairy ass, but once you get going it's hard to put down.

>4 eyes
>2 helmet eye slits
What?
So like hes blind in 2 eyes all the time? Wouldnt that be annoying?

>What's the appeal of Dusk? It just looks like Quake with a dull artstyle
It looks like arse but the movement, the weapon handling, the level design are click and create some of the most fun I ever had with a shooter. Despite the fact that I outright HATE how the game looks.

It's the kind of game that you don't know why but it just fucking amuses you all the time. There is something incredibly fluid and well paced about it. I think it is the rather obsessive care that was put into playtesting the thing: there is not a single detail, not a single piece of geometry, or a single pick-up placement that would be random and thoughtless. Everything has been polished up to an incredible precision. It really, really started to shine for me when I tried the mode where you start each level with sicles only, and I realized how incredibly well thought out everything is.

I think the only problem it has is that since everything is solvable, it's not challenging enough for some people. There is no such thing as dying to a bad RNG in Dusk.

Oh, huh. That would have helped but really my main issue is the weapons. The green sword that does piddling damage and doesnt even pierce, The trident that's basically a worse blue staff. If I dont like half of the weapons in a shooter game it's just not for me.

DUSK was great through. Only weapon I didn't like in that was the crossbow, and that's just because I thought it needed a more satisfying 'thunk'. Even then the crossbow was crazy useful and fun.

Dusk suffers from the way it handles infighting. Enemies of the same class can infight, and enemies will always infight after taking damage from another.
The lack of any "oh shit" sort of enemy that requires immediate attention like an Archvile or Shambler. The lack of any hitscan means every challenge is accomplished by the same circle strafing.

I guarantee you have paid more for games you would like less. Wish there was more straight to the point games coming out.

>The trident that's basically a worse blue staff
lol

The sword does pierce. The lightning staff is important due to it's overcharge mechanic, which makes it entirely unique to any other weapons.

I did like the weapons in Amid Evil, most of them at least. It's just that there isn't enough of them and together with the enemy variation issue, you'll just get sick of it sooner or later.

the trident is one of the best ones and the sword does slice fuckers, that said, if you didn't like them, then you didn't like them. I ain't going to be that autist who dictates your tastes.

>FUCK IRON MAIDEN FOR THAT FUCKING LAWSUIT
They have no case whatsoever. They don't stand a chance in court and their lawsuit will be thrown out the window at the first instance. 3DRealms is lmaoing their asses off.

Their Twitter says they are assembling the launch trailer atm. So, it's very close to release. I think they just wanted to have some air between Amid Evil and Ion Maiden to not canniabilse each other's sales, since the devs know each other.

This. DUSK is great, and personally I actually really like the visuals. All the weapons feel fucking great to use and feel like tools you switch to for different situations. I think the things you do when you're not shooting helps the game a lot too, bunny hopping, twirling weapons, doing flips, looking for secrets. The horror elements are done pretty well too.

>They have no case whatsoever. They don't stand a chance in court and their lawsuit will be thrown out the window at the first instance.
We don't know that. The case is vague enough that it can go both ways, so everything is depending on the judge.

Sword only pierces once or twice making it just weak overall.
Lighting staff splash is just too slow to charge up, you can die 10x in that time so its just better to whip out the rocket launcher.
But there were few times i found the trident splash useful due to how shit rocket splash radius is.

Why does this game make my GPU go nuclear? The game runs smoothly enough but my GPU is getting hotter than Chernobyl's reactor for some reason. I don't have this issue with more modern looking games.

Attached: 1540358449095.gif (408x408, 328K)

>WE

>KNOW

>WHO

>ARE

>YOU

Attached: nen.jpg (374x378, 40K)

shaders out of the wazoo probably take a toll on computing units

I always found the trident to be more efficient than the claw, but again, if you didn't like them then not gonna try to change your mind. You should try Ion Maiden, it does have meaty weapons and I think the gog version is on TPB.

>The case is vague enough that it can go both ways
No, it's extremely clear that the lawyers smelled some shekels while being high from snorting coke off a $1.5k escort's ass.
This is as ridiculous as when a wrestler with the stage name Max Pain tried to sue 3D Realms (what a coincidence, that fucking company is cursed when it comes to lawsuits I tell you) and Remedy because he claimed the game Max Payne is based on him. End result: the faggot lost, becaue he had no case whatsoever. One was a roided circus clown play pretend in the wold of wrestling, the other one a video game. There was no conflict of interest.
Any half-sane judge will rule the same in this case. One is a grandpacore hasbeen band associated with the music industry. The other is a video game. Apples and horseshoes.

>This is as ridiculous as when a wrestler with the stage name Max Pain tried to sue 3D Realms
Oh, then I admit its point taken for you. I didn't know about that case, I did know about that comic Iron Maiden sued for the exact same reason and had to be renamed.

>Sword only pierces once or twice making it just weak overall.
Not true. It pierces an infinite times as long as it does not hit anything dead-center.
That is the whole "trick" or gimmick to this weapon. The sides of the blade do smaller, but piercing damage. Hitting enemy with the dead center of the bolt will do significantly more damage, but the bolt will disappear. If you want to cause major damage through piercing, you have to specifically aim inbetween the enemies, so that the center flies through, the side pierce, and the bolt may even ricochette once it hits a wall.

>Lighting staff splash is just too slow to charge up,
It depends on the size of the enemy actually, and the fucking MASSIVE damage it deals makes it well worth it. If you know what you are doing, you can wipe out entire wave with single charge. I did enjoy the lightning staff a lot, to be honest. Though the Star is by far the most fun weapon in the game.

Hitscan should be banned and does a huge disservice for early FPS. Just look how unfair Blood is and some Doom mappers just abuse shotgunners.

There are better ways to force the player into taking different strategy than infinite circlestrafing, like enemies that predict your movement, chasing projectiles, multiple shots, etc.

the forges is such a shitty level.

Hitscan is a necessary evil. Even if it's just something like the Archvile's flame pillar that can be dodged, there needs to be some sort of hiscan attack so that every fight isn't just hopping circles around enemies helpless to hit you.

it defaults to unlimited FPS
Just cap your frames at like 200 or something

It goes away when AA is on.

I kind of like the hitscanners in Doom. Forces you to actually be careful and prioritize your targets. They add a lot of tension when you're at low health. Obviously going overboard with them is bad though.

Attached: doomguy.gif (471x265, 46K)

>Hitscan is a necessary evil. Even if it's just something like the Archvile's flame pillar that can be dodged, there needs to be some sort of hiscan attack so that every fight isn't just hopping circles around enemies helpless to hit you.
The point is that if you are good enough youc an hop around like a retard.
This is why i liked doom 2016.

I disagree. Plenty of good shooters avoided using them and were still great. I do understand their functionality, and I would not say a game is inherently bad for employing them, but they are by no means "necessary".

Dusk has no skill gap to its movement, neither does Doom 4. As long as you're always moving, enemies will never hit you. In Dusk's case, you don't have to master strafe jumping, because any diagonal jump will get you to top speed near instantly.

Archvile's attack are annoying but fair.

Romero is the one who made the best use of the hitscanners in Doom, given he makes maps with lots of corners and the hitscanners are usually behind them.

Dont forget they're the only enemies that die to a single shotgun shot from almost any range, which feels good.

Then whole screen turns blurry like shit.
The TAA implementation is awful here, probably the out of the box unreal one with no modification.

An Archvile would be a great sort of enemy to vary up Dusk's combat a little. Even without the regeneration.

what do you expect of taa?

finally a good game

Attached: bb3b8bdd101a19d72c8a67e16a73c3881df81bdfr1-380-349v2_00.jpg (380x349, 26K)

Not to look like blurry shit and properly displace pixels for overlaying? Look doom 2016 does and for other games?
Also doom has a bit of sharpening which makes taa look even better.

What do you mean custom levels? The devs have said that a level editor / SDK is not happening.

>doesn't loop the good part at the end

Attached: 1559220052149.jpg (1024x579, 38K)

That makes sense. I'll try turning it down.

I turned shadows down a bit and that seemed to help.

AA in Amid Evil is kinda pointless since textures have disabled filtering on purpose, there's gonna be a lot of edges to blur out

Thanks anons, you convinced me to check it out

New Blood shills fuck off. You were easy AF to spot in Dusk threads when it first came out and your obvious now. Dusk is mediocre as hell at best and your blatant shilling convinced me not to pick this up.

You fuck off.

Nice try, reverse shill, but I'm too stmart to fall for this

Nah. 3x the post to poster ratio is the dead give away of shills. I was honestly gonna get this on the Steam summer sale but shilling this game this hard makes me realize you fucks want a quick buck.

>reverse shilling
Ah...a mutation

>I will avoid playing this game because people want to talk about it

How many layers of retardation are (you) on?

Honestly Amid Evil's biggest problem is Having the first world then the second world. Let me elaborate

The first world is amazing
>Good enemy variety from the get go, that also look really cool
>Non tank enemies that don't take a fuckton of hits to kill
>First level has great amount of secrets and fun to explore the movement in
>Second level is also a banger with a much more arena feel to it, good weapon progression still happening
>The Boss was underwhelming but made you feel like a champ just obliterating it with the Orb Shooter

The second level though
>Boring environments, color pallet very dull here
>The introduction of weapons seems almost random and makes no sense whatsoever with how it should be
>The enemies are awful, just genuinely awful
>Enemies are becoming absolute tanks with the red giant spheres of red that shoot homing attacks and takes around 3 mace shots to kill
>Levels becoming mazelike and pretty confusing, no real difference between any of the levels
>Final boss I liked more then episode 2

Going from the absolute banger that was World1 then going to the slog that was World 2 just made me quit for an entire day.

every fucking Yea Forums thread has a shit ratio, because discussions generally happen back and forth

Episode 2's problem is that enemies are designed around the Star of Torment, yet the second level (arguably the worst one) doesn't have it, and the third level has it way too late.

King Kong already did it

Attached: 1.jpg (640x616, 55K)

Perhaps you should read the thread and think critically about whether it's discussion or shilling.

(YOU)
STAND ALONE

In the hand of God, hovering above

Attached: handofgod.jpg (1680x874, 452K)

All the scribblings about the moon keep making me think of Usagi.

Attached: sailor gangsta.jpg (739x1080, 247K)

Buy dusk + amid evil bundle

TAA looks great at 1440p wtf are you talking about?

Episode 1 should be a game in and of itself, it's so fucking good.

>bought dusk like 2 weeks ago not knowing that there would be a bundle
>now I could have both for the price of Dusk alone if I hadn't bought it

Attached: ASS.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>TAA looks great at 1440p wtf are you talking about?
If you are fucking blind maybe it does.
It turns everything to blurry mess no matter the resolution.
4k is lowest where its starts to get acceptable as the bumped up res brings some detail back.

it's better than dusk

fight me

But that's correct.

best of all the nu-doom clones

looks like the autist from last night is back. how thoughtful of you to retype your post so it doesnt show up in search too bad the content is still all the same.

>>Enemies are becoming absolute tanks with the red giant spheres of red that shoot homing attacks and takes around 3 mace shots to kill

learn to fucking play. enemies are weak against certain weapons. If they feel like a tank its because you're using the wrong one.

>Levels becoming mazelike and pretty confusing, no real difference between any of the levels
the FUCK? We're talking about level 2? How the fuck is anything in this game like a maze?

no

None of these games are 'nu-doom' clones.

Yea Evil adds more but you also have to unlock evil first

You know what I mean, pendantic faggot. Imagine I said a applicable term that didnt trigger you instead.

First time im discussing this game as i finished it yesterday, didnt care to play hardest secret difficulty, but nice schizo there buddy.
Maybe your circle jerk just isnt very good, how about that?
Good to know though other have some sense too.

all those complaining about 'lack of enemies' are exposed as playing on normal mode like children. play it on hard, it just adds more enemies, doesn't bloat their hp or anything just adds more to the map.

imagine playing a retro fps game on easy/normal and then coming onto an internet message board to complain

Same posts every time from you, get a life.

The retard from the previous thread here: this is amazing. Seeing you idiots literally leash out like this against every one who sees the issues with the game and always insist they must be the same, even though it is painfully obvious it is NOT the same person just confirms how much of a cult-like mentality you have.

>the FUCK? We're talking about level 2? How the fuck is anything in this game like a maze?
He probably means how you are forced into back tracking and you can miss the gold and silver key signs as they arent always on doors, can be on round openings holes, buttons and all other weird shit.
And i agree, all Key places should be clearly marked.

I did few circles many times too until i realized i should be going some other way now.

kek, you shills are fucking delusional, get a grip kid

>you can stop enemy's projectile sword slash with your own projectile sword slash
>this is bad

are you retarded?

Its not "lack of enemies"

It is lack of enemie variety, since enemies are locked to their world

What the fuck do you even mean, you turbo cunt? None of those games play like the new Doom.

No way, it's too easy and dusk levels are more inventive.

I didn't like the start of episode 3 very much, all that weird narrow pathway platforming

I think you're right about the enemy variety while I disagree with the other points. It's a shame the game locks enemies to their world.

None of them are clones of nudoom. The ones I've played aren't even based off the original Doom.
>Ion Maiden is more like Duke
>Dusk is more like Quack
>Amid Evil is more like if Heretic and Quack had a babby

>hurrr just pretend I know what I'm talking about and said something that made sense, lmao fgt
lel

EP3 is the worst episode by far, so get ready for either narrow pathways or just meh level design.

Those doors are literally 10 feet away from the keys and are glowing orange. They have shortcuts from the pick up point to the door. You have to be literally retarded to get lost on level 2, let alone call it a maze.

It's fucking terrible when you are facing three or four of those fucks that fire with the exact same rate as you do volleys from behind a meatshield, which is very often the case in ep. 1. It is also fucking terrible that it feedbacks and completely throws off the rythm of your shots.

are there any other shit episodes, or are the rest all pretty good?

Sorry, as a result of your actual autism and inability to infer information we will never be able to communicate properly.

Without wanting to spoil things for you: I think you'll learn to fucking miss that platforming a LOT later down this episode.
At least the first level is really unique and strange in every aspect. It's going to get far, far worse before it stats getting better.

>which is very often the case in ep. 1.
Is it? My fucking slashes mow through these groups

3 and 5 are the most dogshit. People can't agree on which one of the two is the worst.

Most of them are pretty good, there's a case for ep5 (the forges), I did like it due to its atmosphere and shit, but I'll admit that design wise isn't very good.

user, that guy was talking about episode 2, he made a fucking typo that's easy as fuck to infer had you read his whole damn post.

>knowing what words mean is autism
Keep going. What else are you gonna come up with to cover up your embarrassment over being such an absolute mong?

Attached: 1559965535449.gif (375x375, 168K)

If there are two or three of the ranged enemies, they will fire volleys where you can only cancel the first shot, basically meaning that your shot gets nowhere and their get through, simply by having greater numbers. Basically renders the sword in larger groups of enemies absolutely, 100% useless.

Only interpreting words as their singular written definition is a symptom of autism, go get your ritalin.

what the fuck are you even talking about tho? How are they nu-doom clones when they play and look nothing like it?

What i do is I just hold down shoot and it kills them. Are you aiming at the head or legs?

>most of the complaints are people just regurgitating shillmanlives video talking points

every. fucking. time.

Duke, Quake, and Heretic are all doomclones, so what's your point?

They do play and look alike though.

>user, that guy was talking about episode 2, he made a fucking typo that's easy as fuck to infer had you read his whole damn post.
What?
What the fuck are you talking about? No. We are talking about the enemies that use the same attack as the sword, and can be canceled by your sword. Those are only in ep. 1. The FUCK are you going on about?

user, if you're telling someone you're talking about X, then they're gonna expect you to be talking about X. You can't go tell someone the sky is green and expect them to know you're meaning that it's blue. They'll just think you're on drugs.

>ritalin
kek. That's for fucking ADHD and sometimes narcolepsy, you fucking idiot.

then doom is a wolf3d clone, which is a catacomb 3d clone

>Those doors are literally 10 feet away from the keys and are glowing orange. They have shortcuts from the pick up point to the door. You have to be literally retarded to get lost on level 2, let alone call it a maze.
Or you can not be a stupid pleb and go fast blazing past a tiny key sign on the wall.
And dont lie, they dont glow, they are just gold or silver, which on some levels might get lost as the game is very colorful.
Overall some maps have better level design and some worse.

>Duke, Quake, and Heretic are all doomclones, so what's your point?
Only Heretic. Quake and Duke don't play like Doom. If you'd played them, you'd know that.

Whoops, wrong reply. I meant this guy by the way, ep 4 has some shield guys who bounce off your projectiles. For the sword it has a similar canceling effect if you hit their bounced off projectile with yours.

None of the games you listed play and look like nu-doom, they don't play and look like the OG Doom either. So you're either memeing or really don't know how to communicate with other people.

Sure, but they were called doomclones because thats what triggered the surge in the genres popularity back in the day.

Ive played them, they play similar. Dont know what to tell you.

>None of the games you listed play and look like nu-doom,
This is all a big misunderstanding. nudoomclone as in a "nu" "doom-clone". not a clone of nudoom.

2, 5 and 3 are probably the worst.

Problem with third one is that its too easy, and nothing is ever stopping you from just walking past the slow enemies as they cant chase or even attack you.
Half way into it i just gave up on attacking and just walked to the exit bored.

>they don't play and look like the OG Doom either.
Also you're just being willingly ignorant to deny the similarities.

Okay, then how do they play and look like the OG Doom? On this logic, how are Quake, Heretic, DN3D, Blood and Unreal possibly to be considered doom-clones? Their level design, visuals, enemy design, encounters, and even progression for some cases are incredibly different from Doom. At most you can tell there are similarities, but in that case and going by your logic, then every single genre in videogames should be considerd X-Clone due to each game having similarities to every other one in the genre.

because the gameplay is extremely similar

The platforming is actually really great.
I haven't played an FPS with that nice of air control and feel in a long time

Pretty sure he was asking you for actual details to support that instead of mindless circular reasoning

Doomclone was what FPS were called before they were called FPS. It's now in reference to that style of early FPS. Whatever difference these games have is not major enough to say that they arent cut from the same cloth.

ok imagine i wrote a long paragraph detailing the look and styling of doom. Then imagine i copy and pasted that paragraph under the descriptions of the other games

>imagine my argument for me
lolno

Not very creative are you?

kek

What makes Quake so wildly different from Doom then? Please answer in minimum 500 words.

To say they're cut from the same cloth and acknowledge their similarities isn't the same as saying everything is a clone of Doom though.

Yeah Wrath:Aeon of Ruin is made by the Arcane Dimensions guys and published by 3d Realms

I think its supposed to be like a twist reveal but they didn't really think it through.

>please come up with a longwinded counterargument to a nonargument
How about no.

Doom 2 is fast paced and the SSG is by far the most powerful weapon. Doom2 duels are focused on controlling spawn points and areas around them since every respectable doom2 server from the days of playing it on DoS to the days of it being on separate ports (ZDaemon/Skulltag) ran settings that had weapons stay no matter what. The games had frag limits too, and typically NA ran 50, EU ran 40.

Quake is all focused on weapon respawning control and item respawn control. Quake is probably the most mechanically challenging game there is, the things these people do are insane. Many of them have been playing the series for 20+ years at this point, too. And scored in quake can be very erratic. You can win one game 10-0 and turn around and win the next 70-0, it's all dependent upon the map. Quake2 was never taken seriously because of its lagged engine it was ran on, so quake3 and quakelive were all about Rails and RLs while quake world (q1) was about RL and the electric gun.

I was a pretty damn good doom2 player, pretty average at quake cuz I never spent enough time practicing. Even back then, you'd play against guys with 10+ years experience and the losses could be very demoralizing. But the CTF modes for both were awesome, best CTF I'd have played came from doom2 and quake.

>Whatever difference these games have is not major enough to say that they arent cut from the same cloth.
How are they not, though? Similarities exist, as they belong to the same genre. I'm gonna take Heretic as the case example here considering it's on the same engine and released the same year as Doom 2 and they are probably the most similar out of all these cases. Clear differences start to appear just on the visuals alone, heretic is dark fantasy while doom is sci-fi metal. I'll agree this doesn't tell the whole story, but the actual relevant things that do separate the games from each other comes in the Heretic's own introductions like the inventory system, differences in how level design is structured, the type of ammo being stingier in heretic leading to a different flow of gameplay. These alone create a different experience from Doom, enough to not be considered a clone.

>ITT people who don't know what an Xclone is vs people who do

Attached: 1554312858834.jpg (800x450, 82K)

It's nice to see a good final boss for a change.

Attached: 6348063.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

>platforming again
how about no

git gud

Why? He was easy, but after all that platforming bullshit to have the final boss be another platforming crap pissed me off.

thats wrong though

>How are they not, though? Similarities exist, as they belong to the same genre.
Cool, because that's literally all I'm trying to say.

But you want me to to do the same?
Quake is more than a multiplayer game you know?

You're saying that these similarities makes them clones of doom. Doom-clones, which I'm telling you it's a bad line of reasoning, it was retarded back then and it's retarded now.

>dusk for quake/blood-like
>amid evil for quake/heretic-like
>ion maiden for duke-like (assuming it actually gets released)
what else do you guys hope for?

Attached: 1560641845248.jpg (640x479, 36K)

An actual Blood-like because Dusk isn't that outside of some thematic elements.

Ion Maiden is coming soon.

>sued by iron maiden for 2 million in damages

what platforming nigga just stay at purple orb and dodge his punches while shitting out aeturnum alt-fire attacks

What's that screenshot from?

its just what theyre called

Unreal 1

how does this game not have a 100% power metal soundtrack?

Because sometimes good things happen.

Am I the only guy who thinks the soundtrack is just okay/generic?
If it wasn't made by Huschult nobody would care about it.

What are some good, old school shooters you guys can recommend me except this game? Is Maximum Action any good?

Alright, post modern FPS that you think needs more attention (released or not yet) Also: no aaa or any other high budget games.

Attached: FB_IMG_15242649140463981.jpg (540x795, 338K)

I thought like 3 or 4 tracks were memorable, the rest really don't stand out.

that was me exclusively. i was the only person who said that. go away user, you have better things to do.